Re: UPS my choice

John Holcomb II

Yeah… but you know that they won’t remove your account like  that, and further you’d not get an email most likely if your server is congested.

John

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Sunday, May 30, 2021 10:33 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] UPS my choice

Who knows how many variations there are.  One of the companies I use for e-mail has phishing messages specifically targeting users of that company.  It is a small company, but I have received three or four messages recently telling me that there is congestion on their server and that unless I do something, I don’t recall what, my account would be removed.

It had an official sounding title that made it sound as though it came from a department of the company and it was properly worded with no grammatical errors.

Sent: Sunday, May 30, 2021 9:27 PM

I've gotten an email saying if I didn't log in my a account would be deleted.
It looked legit but last time I actually tried to use it (and this was years ago), I could not register my address because somebody  else in the house already registered the address.
John