Programs or APPs:  I thought "APP" is just short for "application program".  I thought they are the same thing; Please, what is the difference?

Thanks
Howard

On 6/6/2021 12:22 PM, Mike B wrote:

If you uninstall from the apps folder, and it's a program and not an app, it'll take you to Programs and Features and you remove, uninstall or delete it from the computer.  That's why I asked him if he had a copy of the program.  But, if it's only an app it'll uninstall it from the apps folder.  If it's a shortcut you don't get an uninstall option.

Depending on what type of file it is dictates on what options you'll get when you open the context menu to see your choices for the item.

Stay safe & take care.  Mike.

From: Gene
Sent: Sunday, June 06, 2021 6:31 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] stopping a program from starting up after login

As far as I know, removing a program from the apps folder has nothing to do with whether it runs at startup.  I don’t know about Windows 10 apps and others would have to comment on those but as far as I know, the shell:apps folder contains shortcuts to open all programs and has nothing to do with whether they run automatically at bootup.

I don’t think you should remove items from the apps folder without further discussion.