4.  arrow down to search for the program you don't wish to have started up.  if it is in the list, press the right applications or context menu key, arrow down to "Disable", then press enter.

5.  Restart your pc.

Note: this is for windows 10 users, but I think it might work on windows 7 as well, i forget.  Cheers!

On 6/6/2021 9:31 pm, Gene wrote:
As far as I know, removing a program from the apps folder has nothing to do with whether it runs at startup.  I don’t know about Windows 10 apps and others would have to comment on those but as far as I know, the shell:apps folder contains shortcuts to open all programs and has nothing to do with whether they run automatically at bootup.

I don’t think you should remove items from the apps folder without further discussion.

From: Mike B
Sent: Sunday, June 06, 2021 8:21 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] stopping a program from starting up after login

Yo Bro,

Try going to All Programs in the Start Menu, and in there find the Start-up folder and if this program is in there you can either delete it, copy  or cut it out and this'll stop it from starting at start-up.

If you have a copy of the program you can open the Run dialogue by pressing, Windows Key + R, and type the following

shell:appsfolder

and press enter.  Find the program in here and remove it.

Stay safe & take care.  Mike.

Sent: Saturday, June 05, 2021 10:30 PM

Chris,
Thanks for that but I'm not seeing discord in the list.

Thank you,
Kimsan Song

kimsansong@...
Please check out my new EP titled I thought you new here
https://youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_mBMfy4DoouhVmDxHqONd4AJHL4d2vft4M