Date   

Re: kitty wireless.

John Holcomb II
 


Re: kitty wireless.

John Holcomb II
 

Mike,

Yes. They give their most premium service to their post paid customers at Verizon.

Especially during congestion.

Also look at the fine print of the MVNO’s. there’s a reason they’re cheaper.

John

 

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mike B.
Sent: Wednesday, December 01, 2021 11:24 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] kitty wireless.

 

Thanks Holly for checking into that for me.  I asked the question because, for example, Spectrum uses Verizon towers for their cell service, but people that have had Verizon and switch to Spectrum don't get the same quality of service even though Spectrum is supposed to be using the Verizon towers.  So, it seems like Verizon provides other cell carriers their tower service, but it's on a lower grade of cell service in some way or another, and if you were getting service from Verizon towers I was going to give you a heads-up about this possible service cutback.

 

 

Stay safe & take care.  Mike.
Just once, I want a username and password prompt to say:  "Close Enough!"
 

----- Original Message -----

From: Holly

Sent: Wednesday, December 01, 2021 4:23 PM

Subject: Re: [TechTalk] kitty wireless.

 

Mike:

 

Here is what I found out on the Clark Howard website:

 

1. Network Coverage

Consumer Cellular is a mobile virtual network operator (MVNO) that partners with two networks to provide coverage: AT&T and T-Mobile.

Customers get access to one of those networks, not both. Consumer Cellular will decide whether AT&T or T-Mobile is best for you based on network coverage where you live.

Want to make sure you get a specific network? Skip the website and pick up a Consumer Cellular SIM card at a Target retail store.”


Re: kitty wireless.

Holly
 

Mike:
 
Thanks for the heads-up.  You got me thinking, so I decided to do a Google search and see if I could tell which carrier I got.
 
It goes by the number of the sym card they send you, and so I found the number on my paperwork and see that I am using the AT&T network.
 
   
 
Guess, if you go to a brick and mortar store, you can choose which one you want.
 
I don’t use my phone for calling very much, but mostly text.  Most of the calls I make are local.
 
Interesting though.


Re: kitty wireless.

Mike B. <mb69mach1@...>
 


Thanks Holly for checking into that for me.  I asked the question because, for example, Spectrum uses Verizon towers for their cell service, but people that have had Verizon and switch to Spectrum don't get the same quality of service even though Spectrum is supposed to be using the Verizon towers.  So, it seems like Verizon provides other cell carriers their tower service, but it's on a lower grade of cell service in some way or another, and if you were getting service from Verizon towers I was going to give you a heads-up about this possible service cutback.
 
 
Stay safe & take care.  Mike.
Just once, I want a username and password prompt to say:  "Close Enough!"
 

----- Original Message -----
From: Holly
Sent: Wednesday, December 01, 2021 4:23 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] kitty wireless.

Mike:
 
Here is what I found out on the Clark Howard website:
 

1. Network Coverage

Consumer Cellular is a mobile virtual network operator (MVNO) that partners with two networks to provide coverage: AT&T and T-Mobile.

Customers get access to one of those networks, not both. Consumer Cellular will decide whether AT&T or T-Mobile is best for you based on network coverage where you live.

Want to make sure you get a specific network? Skip the website and pick up a Consumer Cellular SIM card at a Target retail store.”


Re: FW: Installing windows 11

Dave
 

Hello Pablo,


Funny thing about Upgrades, there is always that temptation to switch to the newest, just because it is the newest. 


The problem with New stuff is that often there is a bit of a learning curve to get through, as you navigate around learning how to do the normal stuff you've been doing without thinking about it in the old version. 

Then there are those unknown places where the Screen Reader fails to read the screen well, and you stumble around until a fix or a work around comes along. 


So why Upgrade? 


Well, I normally don't until a bit of time has gone by, so others who fall to the temptation of the New Item install it and find out its strengths and weaknesses. 


And lets not forget those pesky Bugs that are always part of a new release of anything  new. 


I usually wait until the first Service Pack, or when the edition goes from X.0 to X.1 before I give in to my curiosity and then fork out the money for the upgrade. 


But, there are good reasons to upgrade, and some of those reasons are that the newest version will do what you like to do better than the old version.  Perhaps the new edition works better with a Screen Reader.  Or perhaps the newest edition has new features that might make your tasks easier to accomplish.  If there seems to be real improvements, then perhaps it is time to take the plunge and push the Button to start downloading your Upgrade tonight.



Grumpy Dave





On 12/1/2021 6:01 PM, Pablo Morales wrote:

Guys,

 

My apologies for the repeated email.

 

I would like to ask to all of you who are low vision or totally blind like me. What are the real benefits of Windows 11 over Windows 10. I mean, more than waking up faster, good for gaming, and these kind of things that might not be very important for all users.

 

Thanks guys,

 

Pablo

 

 

From: pablocmd2014@... <pablocmd2014@...>
Sent: Wednesday, December 1, 2021 8:37 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Installing windows 11

 

Hello all,

 

I have use the PC help check app, and according with it my computer is able to run Windows 11. Well, I had to modify some little things on the bios. However, PC help check says that my PC is able to do that.

However, the same PC Help Check suggest to wait for the update.

Windows 11 has not been released yet?

What I find on the Microsoft page is a little bit confusing. It could be because I am outside of US?

I know that I can just download the Windows 11 software to a thumb drive and install it. But, why the PC help is giving me this warning?

 

 

Thanks all,

 

Pablo

 

 

 

 


Re: Spam in gmail

Many of us <manyofus1980@...>
 

Oh, ok, thanks for the heads up! I will keep doing what I've been doing then!
shirley

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, December 2, 2021 3:01 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Spam in gmail

Shirley,

 

It may take some time and you will most likely have to do what you just did again on some email addresses. Gmail will eventually mark these email addresses as ‘not spam’. Nothing else to do but be patient.  

 

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Many of us
Sent: December 1, 2021 7:54 PM
To: techtalk@groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] Spam in gmail

 

Do you only have to tell gmail once that emails are not spam?

For example, I just went in and told it that the emails in my spam folder werent spam, will it remember those email addresses, in future, and stop seeing them as spam?

shirley


Re: Spam in gmail

"Marvin Atkins"
 

Shirley,

 

It may take some time and you will most likely have to do what you just did again on some email addresses. Gmail will eventually mark these email addresses as ‘not spam’. Nothing else to do but be patient.  

 

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Many of us
Sent: December 1, 2021 7:54 PM
To: techtalk@groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] Spam in gmail

 

Do you only have to tell gmail once that emails are not spam?

For example, I just went in and told it that the emails in my spam folder werent spam, will it remember those email addresses, in future, and stop seeing them as spam?

shirley


Re: question about e-transfers

Madison Martin
 

Okay, if I may ask, do you do banking on your computer? Also, what screen
reader, web browser and operating system do you use?

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of chris judge
Sent: December 1, 2021 3:49 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] question about e-transfers

Yes royal bank.


Chris Judge


-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Madison
Martin
Sent: December 1, 2021 12:09 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] question about e-transfers

We use RBC, is that what you mean you say royal? Just want to clarify, as my dad
is rather worried about whether or not it'll be accessible or not. Feel free to
email me privately if you prefer.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of chris judge
Sent: December 1, 2021 6:22 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] question about e-transfers

That is correct unless you set up auto deposit. Once that is done the money will
just be deposited in to your account of choice. You still do have to set up your
online banking and turn on auto deposit. Madison I'm not sure what bank you deal
with. I bank with Royal and the site is completely accessible.

Chris Judge


-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of "Marvin
Atkins"
Sent: November 30, 2021 8:07 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] question about e-transfers

Madison,
As best I know, E-Transfers are used in Canada but not the U.S. and I don't know
about other countries. You do have to have online access to your account, I.e.
checking, savings etc. because you have to tell the money where to go once you
get a E-Transfer email. In the email, there is a link that asks you which bank
do you want the money deposited in.
HTH,
Marvin

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Madison Martin
Sent: November 30, 2021 3:40 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] question about e-transfers

Hi all,
This is likely a really basic and maybe even stupid question, but I know
absolutely nothing about online banking so please forgive me. I'm planning on
trying to sell some things, and I think that the only methoid of payment that I
can use is e-transfer since I don't have a PayPal account or any of those other
fancy forms of payment. Now I've never done any of my own online banking so I
don't have access to my account on my laptop, so I'm wondering, do I need to
have access to my account on this laptop in order for an e-transfer to work, or
if I just provide my email address will it still work even if I don't have
access to my account on my laptop? I hope this makes sense, I'm using latest
versions of Jaws and Windows 10. Really hope someone can help me, please no
judgement since I'm such a novice. Thanks Madison


FW: Installing windows 11

Pablo Morales
 

Guys,

 

My apologies for the repeated email.

 

I would like to ask to all of you who are low vision or totally blind like me. What are the real benefits of Windows 11 over Windows 10. I mean, more than waking up faster, good for gaming, and these kind of things that might not be very important for all users.

 

Thanks guys,

 

Pablo

 

 

From: pablocmd2014@... <pablocmd2014@...>
Sent: Wednesday, December 1, 2021 8:37 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Installing windows 11

 

Hello all,

 

I have use the PC help check app, and according with it my computer is able to run Windows 11. Well, I had to modify some little things on the bios. However, PC help check says that my PC is able to do that.

However, the same PC Help Check suggest to wait for the update.

Windows 11 has not been released yet?

What I find on the Microsoft page is a little bit confusing. It could be because I am outside of US?

I know that I can just download the Windows 11 software to a thumb drive and install it. But, why the PC help is giving me this warning?

 

 

Thanks all,

 

Pablo

 

 

 

 


Installing windows 11

Pablo Morales
 

Hello all,

 

I have use the PC help check app, and according with it my computer is able to run Windows 11. Well, I had to modify some little things on the bios. However, PC help check says that my PC is able to do that.

However, the same PC Help Check suggest to wait for the update.

Windows 11 has not been released yet?

What I find on the Microsoft page is a little bit confusing. It could be because I am outside of US?

I know that I can just download the Windows 11 software to a thumb drive and install it. But, why the PC help is giving me this warning?

 

 

Thanks all,

 

Pablo

 

 

 

 


Spam in gmail

Many of us <manyofus1980@...>
 

Do you only have to tell gmail once that emails are not spam?
For example, I just went in and told it that the emails in my spam folder werent spam, will it remember those email addresses, in future, and stop seeing them as spam?
shirley


Re: kitty wireless.

brian
 

    The thing that I don't like about Consumer cellular is that all of your data is combined.  It's not seperated like Verizon's data is.  For example on my plan I get 50 gigs permonth of celular data and 30 gigs permonth of mobile hotspot data.  I called Consumer cellular and I was told that their highest plan was only 50 gigs permonth and the hotspot date is not seperate from the cellular data it's one 50 gig permonth.  I prefer to have seperate data for my cellular data and my hotspot data.  My only internet is my hotspot on my phone.  I usb tether my phone to my pc.  Combind data was a deal breaker for mefor me not getting Consumer cellular.  If you are happy with them than thats great for you but for me no thanks. 

Brian Sackrider

On 12/1/2021 6:58 PM, Howard Traxler wrote:
Marda, what is a SE 2020?  I am also with Consumer Cellular, but I bought their cheapest flip phone for about $35.  I don't think it has any kind of speech access.  I may trade for a smarter phone if I think I can learn to work it.

Howard

On 12/1/2021 5:24 PM, Marda wrote:

I am on consumer cellular.  They have good service and I like that their customer service is all US based.  They did away with my old ten dollar a month plan without telling me in advance which made me mad and I think there are a few cheaper companies but I stick with them because their prices and customer service are still good and when I went to their counter at a target store they turned on voiceover for me with my SE 2020 and were very nice so I appreciated that.

Marda

On 12/1/2021 5:04 PM, Holly wrote:
Jim:
 
Are you in the U.S.?  I just signed up with Consumer Cellular.  I was with Verizon before and my bill was $54 for one phone with 3 gb of data.  Now, with my new service, I am paying $20 a month for the same plan.  They are having a promotion now, so get $5 off every month for the next 20 months, then the price will go to $25 a month.
 
If you DeLong to AARP or are a member of USAA, you also get a discount.


Re: kitty wireless.

Holly
 

Mike:
 
Here is what I found out on the Clark Howard website:
 

1. Network Coverage

Consumer Cellular is a mobile virtual network operator (MVNO) that partners with two networks to provide coverage: AT&T and T-Mobile.

Customers get access to one of those networks, not both. Consumer Cellular will decide whether AT&T or T-Mobile is best for you based on network coverage where you live.

Want to make sure you get a specific network? Skip the website and pick up a Consumer Cellular SIM card at a Target retail store.”


consumer cellular in southern California.

Jim Rawls
 

Hi again all,

Thanks for all your responses. Since I am a member of AARP, I will check out consumer cellular. I need to know if anyone in southern California uses it and likes their  service. So if anyone does, please tell me about your experience please. Jim


Re: kitty wireless.

Holly
 

Mike:
 
I am not sure.  They just say that they use towers of the major cell services.
 
I will try to find out.
 
I went with Verizon years ago, cause we had property on a lake in Northern Idaho and Verizon had the best service there, but now, we don’t have that  property anymore and don’t travel much.


Re: [Tec Talk] kitty wireless.

Jim Rawls
 

Hi, yes I am in the

 US. I am in southern California. I will check out consumer cellular. Jim

 

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Holly
Sent: Wednesday, December 1, 2021 3:04 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] kitty wireless.

 

Jim:

 

Are you in the U.S.?  I just signed up with Consumer Cellular.  I was with Verizon before and my bill was $54 for one phone with 3 gb of data.  Now, with my new service, I am paying $20 a month for the same plan.  They are having a promotion now, so get $5 off every month for the next 20 months, then the price will go to $25 a month.

 

If you DeLong to AARP or are a member of USAA, you also get a discount.


Re: kitty wireless.

Howard Traxler
 

Marda, what is a SE 2020?  I am also with Consumer Cellular, but I bought their cheapest flip phone for about $35.  I don't think it has any kind of speech access.  I may trade for a smarter phone if I think I can learn to work it.

Howard

On 12/1/2021 5:24 PM, Marda wrote:

I am on consumer cellular.  They have good service and I like that their customer service is all US based.  They did away with my old ten dollar a month plan without telling me in advance which made me mad and I think there are a few cheaper companies but I stick with them because their prices and customer service are still good and when I went to their counter at a target store they turned on voiceover for me with my SE 2020 and were very nice so I appreciated that.

Marda

On 12/1/2021 5:04 PM, Holly wrote:
Jim:
 
Are you in the U.S.?  I just signed up with Consumer Cellular.  I was with Verizon before and my bill was $54 for one phone with 3 gb of data.  Now, with my new service, I am paying $20 a month for the same plan.  They are having a promotion now, so get $5 off every month for the next 20 months, then the price will go to $25 a month.
 
If you DeLong to AARP or are a member of USAA, you also get a discount.


Re: kitty wireless.

andy.tidwell
 

Hello Marda, I have been wit consumer cellular for 7 years and so far I have had good luck with them.

 

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Marda
Sent: Wednesday, December 1, 2021 6:24 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] kitty wireless.

 

I am on consumer cellular.  They have good service and I like that their customer service is all US based.  They did away with my old ten dollar a month plan without telling me in advance which made me mad and I think there are a few cheaper companies but I stick with them because their prices and customer service are still good and when I went to their counter at a target store they turned on voiceover for me with my SE 2020 and were very nice so I appreciated that.

Marda

On 12/1/2021 5:04 PM, Holly wrote:

Jim:

 

Are you in the U.S.?  I just signed up with Consumer Cellular.  I was with Verizon before and my bill was $54 for one phone with 3 gb of data.  Now, with my new service, I am paying $20 a month for the same plan.  They are having a promotion now, so get $5 off every month for the next 20 months, then the price will go to $25 a month.

 

If you DeLong to AARP or are a member of USAA, you also get a discount.


Re: kitty wireless.

Carolyn Arnold
 

I believe they used AT&T when I had them. I think my phone service and coverage is better than AT&T, but Consumer Cellular has wonderful Customer Service.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Mike B.
Sent: Wednesday, December 1, 2021 6:33 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] kitty wireless.

Hi Holly,

I know Consumer Cellular will use different cell provider service towers depending on where you're located. Do you know what cell provider towers they're using for you? I'm curious to see if they're using Verizon's towers because I'm curious to see if the service quality is as good.


Stay safe & take care. Mike.
Just once, I want a username and password prompt to say: "Close Enough!"

----- Original Message -----
From: Holly <mailto:feyk7@...>
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io <mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io>
Sent: Wednesday, December 01, 2021 3:04 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] kitty wireless.

Jim:

Are you in the U.S.? I just signed up with Consumer Cellular. I was with Verizon before and my bill was $54 for one phone with 3 gb of data. Now, with my new service, I am paying $20 a month for the same plan. They are having a promotion now, so get $5 off every month for the next 20 months, then the price will go to $25 a month.

If you DeLong to AARP or are a member of USAA, you also get a discount.


Re: kitty wireless.

Mike B. <mb69mach1@...>
 


Hi Holly,
 
I know Consumer Cellular will use different cell provider service towers depending on where you're located.  Do you know what cell provider towers they're using for you?  I'm curious to see if they're using Verizon's towers because I'm curious to see if the service quality is as good.
 
 
Stay safe & take care.  Mike.
Just once, I want a username and password prompt to say:  "Close Enough!"
 

----- Original Message -----
From: Holly
Sent: Wednesday, December 01, 2021 3:04 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] kitty wireless.

Jim:
 
Are you in the U.S.?  I just signed up with Consumer Cellular.  I was with Verizon before and my bill was $54 for one phone with 3 gb of data.  Now, with my new service, I am paying $20 a month for the same plan.  They are having a promotion now, so get $5 off every month for the next 20 months, then the price will go to $25 a month.
 
If you DeLong to AARP or are a member of USAA, you also get a discount.

3661 - 3680 of 106923