Date   

Re: New Apple TV is accessible!

Ann Parsons <akp@...>
 

Hi Chris,

One quick question. If I were to purchase Apple TV, can I still get my local news and all that?

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring
EMAIL: akp@samobile.net
web site: http://www.portaltutoring.info
Skype: Putertutor

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."


Re: way to unfilter an e-mail address from my end

rajmund <brajmund2000@...>
 

Hi,
Yes, that's exactly why I asked what happened, as I'm kinda aware of the things, and reasons why he wants to be unblocked. But LOL, some other admins have also banned him. So even if there was such a tool, I would be worried, giving it to him. This person, and I'm sorry, wanted me to purchase him something, but can't remember what it was.

Sent from a BrailleNote

----- Original Message -----
From: "Joseph Hudson" <jhud7789@gmail.com
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Date sent: Thu, 10 Sep 2015 01:53:51 -0500
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] way to unfilter an e-mail address from my end

Oh my gosh really bad question again marvin, leave that whole thing alone he's constantly trying to apply for our groups and we keep on putting them on the band list because Christopher and Hannah don't want him on their groups and they also don't want him to contact them.
Joseph Hudson
Email
jhud7789@gmail.com <mailto:jhud7789@gmail.com
I device support
Telephone
2543007667
Skype
joseph.hudson89 facebook
https://www.facebook.com/joseph.hudson.9404 <https://www.facebook.com/joseph.hudson.9404
Twitter
https://twitter.com/josephhudson89

On Sep 8, 2015, at 11:26 PM, Carlos <carlos1106@nyc.rr.com> wrote:

Not to be rude Marvin, but you have already asked this question once and the answer is still the same. No. And even if there were, it would most likely be illegal.
----- Original Message -----
From: marvin hunkin <mailto:startrekcafe@gmail.com
To: TechTalk@groups.io <mailto:TechTalk@groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, September 09, 2015 12:23 AM
Subject: [TechTalk] way to unfilter an e-mail address from my end

Hi.
Is there any piece of software or settings, to get unfiltered from a e-mail address from my end or the senders end.
Thanks.


New Apple TV is accessible!

christopher hallsworth <challsworth2@...>
 

Hi all
Subject says it all. Go here and read all about it.
www.apple.com/accessibility
and click on the TV Os link. Basically, the new Apple TV will be accessible, out of the box, from day one!
Enjoy!
Chris


For Mac users

christopher hallsworth <challsworth2@...>
 

Hi all
Just heard from a blog post at
that Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan will be released to the public on Wednesday 30 September, the day I go home from Hannah's. Apple apparently announced this in their special event last night, but here I missed it. I tuned in when they were talking about the new iPad Pro.
Chris


Re: way to unfilter an e-mail address from my end

rajmund <brajmund2000@...>
 

Hi,
Yes, with the braille sense, for example, if I add a name to the filters, the email will be deleted immediately.

Sent from a BrailleNote

----- Original Message -----
From: "Flor Lynch" <florlync@iol.ie
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Date sent: Thu, 10 Sep 2015 02:04:40 +0100
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] way to unfilter an e-mail address from my end

I know one or two people who'd love such a thing, LOL. But where I want to
never hear from someone, I mean it. People can ultimately stop someone's
messaages from ever reaching them, to be deleted immediately from their
email server when they are receiving email. I've done this before.

-----Original Message-----
From: rajmund
Sent: Wednesday, September 09, 2015 6:00 PM
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] way to unfilter an e-mail address from my end

Hi,
Yes, I'm also wondering. And admins continuously ban you, that's why you
want this, or so I believe. But, why want it so badly?

----- Original Message -----
From: Jeremy <icu8it2@gmail.com
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Date: Wednesday, 9 September 2015 5:48 pm
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] way to unfilter an e-mail address from my end



I'm with Carlos on this one, but, I do say that it's got me curious. What
could have possibly gotten you filtered to where you'd be needing such a
thing? Begs the question too, why would you assume that there is a tool
that would somehow reverse this or be able to somehow remove rules inside
someone's client or an e-mail server, to remove filters for you? I don't
want my message to sound mean, as I'm truly more curious than anything
else, but if someone suggested that this could be done, or you read it
somewhere, you may really want to be careful with those sources. The only
method that I know of that could even come close would probably be highly
illegal, really bad for your reputation to anyone ever dealing with you if
you were to get caught using it and most likely leave your own machine
full of all sorts of juicies.
I almost asked before, when I'd seen your previous post, so figured it was
a good time now. lol
Take care.

On 9/8/2015 11:26 PM, Carlos wrote:

Not to be rude Marvin, but you have already asked this question once and
the answer is still the same. No. And even if there were, it would most
likely be illegal.
----- Original Message -----
From: marvin hunkin
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, September 09, 2015 12:23 AM
Subject: [TechTalk] way to unfilter an e-mail address from my end


Hi.
Is there any piece of software or settings, to get unfiltered from a
e-mail address from my end or the senders end.
Thanks.




Sent from a Braille Sense


Re: way to unfilter an e-mail address from my end

Carlos
 

That is understandable.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, September 10, 2015 3:07 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] way to unfilter an e-mail address from my end

Well, that's a good thing. But I will just tell you that if he does this again, I will be turning him into the group website owner and getting his Maine address band from all groups as he's is now starting to harass us.
Joseph Hudson
Email
I device support
Telephone
2543007667
Skype
joseph.hudson89 facebook
Twitter

On Sep 10, 2015, at 2:02 AM, Carlos <carlos1106@...> wrote:

LOL yes Marvin seems to have a bit of a reputation, but to be fair I won't ban anyone unless they become a serious problem for the list.
----- Original Message ----- 
Sent: Thursday, September 10, 2015 2:53 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] way to unfilter an e-mail address from my end

Oh my gosh really bad question again marvin, leave that whole thing alone he's constantly trying to apply for our groups and we keep on putting them on the band list because Christopher and Hannah don't want him on their groups and they also don't want him to contact them.
Joseph Hudson
Email
I device support
Telephone
2543007667
Skype
joseph.hudson89 facebook
Twitter

On Sep 8, 2015, at 11:26 PM, Carlos <carlos1106@...> wrote:

Not to be rude Marvin, but you have already asked this question once and the answer is still the same.  No.  And even if there were, it would most likely be illegal.
----- Original Message ----- 
Sent: Wednesday, September 09, 2015 12:23 AM
Subject: [TechTalk] way to unfilter an e-mail address from my end

Hi.
Is there any piece of software or settings, to get unfiltered from a e-mail address from my end or the senders end.
Thanks.



Re: way to unfilter an e-mail address from my end

joseph hudson <jhud7789@...>
 

Well, that's a good thing. But I will just tell you that if he does this again, I will be turning him into the group website owner and getting his Maine address band from all groups as he's is now starting to harass us.
Joseph Hudson
Email
I device support
Telephone
2543007667
Skype
joseph.hudson89 facebook
Twitter

On Sep 10, 2015, at 2:02 AM, Carlos <carlos1106@...> wrote:

LOL yes Marvin seems to have a bit of a reputation, but to be fair I won't ban anyone unless they become a serious problem for the list.
----- Original Message ----- 
Sent: Thursday, September 10, 2015 2:53 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] way to unfilter an e-mail address from my end

Oh my gosh really bad question again marvin, leave that whole thing alone he's constantly trying to apply for our groups and we keep on putting them on the band list because Christopher and Hannah don't want him on their groups and they also don't want him to contact them.
Joseph Hudson
Email
I device support
Telephone
2543007667
Skype
joseph.hudson89 facebook
Twitter

On Sep 8, 2015, at 11:26 PM, Carlos <carlos1106@...> wrote:

Not to be rude Marvin, but you have already asked this question once and the answer is still the same.  No.  And even if there were, it would most likely be illegal.
----- Original Message ----- 
Sent: Wednesday, September 09, 2015 12:23 AM
Subject: [TechTalk] way to unfilter an e-mail address from my end

Hi.
Is there any piece of software or settings, to get unfiltered from a e-mail address from my end or the senders end.
Thanks.



Re: way to unfilter an e-mail address from my end

Carlos
 

LOL yes Marvin seems to have a bit of a reputation, but to be fair I won't ban anyone unless they become a serious problem for the list.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, September 10, 2015 2:53 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] way to unfilter an e-mail address from my end

Oh my gosh really bad question again marvin, leave that whole thing alone he's constantly trying to apply for our groups and we keep on putting them on the band list because Christopher and Hannah don't want him on their groups and they also don't want him to contact them.
Joseph Hudson
Email
I device support
Telephone
2543007667
Skype
joseph.hudson89 facebook
Twitter

On Sep 8, 2015, at 11:26 PM, Carlos <carlos1106@...> wrote:

Not to be rude Marvin, but you have already asked this question once and the answer is still the same.  No.  And even if there were, it would most likely be illegal.
----- Original Message ----- 
Sent: Wednesday, September 09, 2015 12:23 AM
Subject: [TechTalk] way to unfilter an e-mail address from my end

Hi.
Is there any piece of software or settings, to get unfiltered from a e-mail address from my end or the senders end.
Thanks.


Re: way to unfilter an e-mail address from my end

joseph hudson <jhud7789@...>
 

Oh my gosh really bad question again marvin, leave that whole thing alone he's constantly trying to apply for our groups and we keep on putting them on the band list because Christopher and Hannah don't want him on their groups and they also don't want him to contact them.
Joseph Hudson
Email
I device support
Telephone
2543007667
Skype
joseph.hudson89 facebook
Twitter

On Sep 8, 2015, at 11:26 PM, Carlos <carlos1106@...> wrote:

Not to be rude Marvin, but you have already asked this question once and the answer is still the same.  No.  And even if there were, it would most likely be illegal.
----- Original Message ----- 
Sent: Wednesday, September 09, 2015 12:23 AM
Subject: [TechTalk] way to unfilter an e-mail address from my end

Hi.
Is there any piece of software or settings, to get unfiltered from a e-mail address from my end or the senders end.
Thanks.


Re: require suggestion to purchase a windows 8.1 or 10 32 bit tablat

Carlos
 

Well I guess I've probably paid close to $2000 on my Dell i7 desktop, but not all at once.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Quentin Christensen" <quentin.christensen@gmail.com>
To: <TechTalk@groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, September 10, 2015 2:42 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] require suggestion to purchase a windows 8.1 or 10 32 bit tablat


Hence why I'm holding off....

For the i7 I had in mind it's actually $2,100, up to $2,700 for the top of the line model - even though that's in AUD, converted to US, that's still $1,900.

I'd like it to wash the dishes, but I suspect you're not supposed to let it get near water ;)


On 10/09/2015 4:07 PM, Carlos wrote:
LOL $2000? I ain't paying $2000 for no tablet. Good god for $2000 it had better wash the dishes.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Quentin Christensen" <quentin.christensen@gmail.com>
To: <TechTalk@groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, September 10, 2015 12:28 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] require suggestion to purchase a windows 8.1 or 10 32 bit tablat


Hi Austin,

Yes you definitely can use NVDA with a touch screen.

NVDA 2015.3 User Guide The command quick reference in NVDA's help screen has the touch gesture for various commands listed.

Arguably the best Windows hybrid is Microsoft's own Surface Pro 3. The Surface Pro 4 is due out in October, so potentially if you can wait until then you can either buy that, or hopefully the 3 should be reduced in price with the new release. Here's some info on what's known on the Surface Pro 4 for now: http://www.techtimes.com/articles/82638/20150908/surface-pro-4-features-pricing-release-date-and-everything-we-know-so-far-about-microsofts-upcoming-tablet.htm

And if you're interested in looking further afield than the Surface pro, here's a list of 10 other hybrids:
http://www.techradar.com/au/news/mobile-computing/laptops/best-2-in-1-laptops-top-5-hybrid-laptops-reviewed-1258451

Now whether a hybrid is best for you is something you'll find as many different opinions on as you'll find people with opinions. For my 2c:

Why you should buy a 2 in 1?
- Lighter (if you leave the keyboard at home)
- Intuitive (With a bit of an idea of layout, it can be easier dragging your finger around the screen to find something than knowing the keyboard shortcut).
- Ability to use a keyboard and so have all the advantages of a laptop when you need it.

Why you should buy a proper laptop?
- Screen doesn't drain as much battery, particularly if you mostly use keyboard functions.
- Cheaper for the same power (and arguably if you don't actually a need a laptop, a desktop is cheaper again - I looked a couple of weeks ago, and for $2,000 I could buy a Surface Pro 3, or I could spend about $1,000 on a laptop or $500 on a desktop all with similar specs, or for about $8.000 I could get a desktop with say 32 GB ram over the 8GB of the others).
- Consistent interface (you can set Windows 10 to ALWAYS use tablet or desktop mode, or let Continuum switch as you connect and disconnect the keyboard) and you won't go to start writing and realise you didn't bring the keyboard.

In the end it's up to how you think you'll use it. If the Surface Pro 3 or 4 is within your budget, it would be a great machine, but then again, if you don't really need it, you can get something else you can definitely do all your work on for less $$$.

I'm still debating whether to buy a 2 in 1, a laptop, or just stick with my hard working desktop myself!

Regards

Quentin.

On 10/09/2015 1:52 PM, Austin Pinto wrote:
hi all.
i am in the market to purchase a new portable computer.
this time i thought of purchasing something with a touch screen may be
a windows tablet running windows 8.1 or 10 32 bit not rt.
for more details it can install pc applications.
i will be using this as my primary laptop may be by using a usb or
bluetooth keyboard and sometimes experimenting with a touch screen.
i will be using nvda only.
the apps that i will be using will be.
microsoft office 2016 pc version, some disk cleaning programs like c
cleaner and firefox beta.
is this a good dessition to go with a windows tablet rather then a
windows laptop?
and if i only want to use the touch screen will nvda work 100%?
is any1 on this list using such a device as there primary computing device?
are there any podcasts made on how to use such a device?


--
22 Point

Web: http://www.22point.com.au Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/22Point Twitter: https://twitter.com/22PointApps

Our first book "Making Windows 10 Easy to See" is now available! - http://www.22point.com.au/publications.html

Check out our first app, RapiTap! - Tap targets fast & avoid decoys: Adrenaline pumping, Challenging, Accessible!
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=au.com.twentytwopoint.rapitap (Free trial available)





--
22 Point

Web: http://www.22point.com.au Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/22Point Twitter: https://twitter.com/22PointApps

Our first book "Making Windows 10 Easy to See" is now available! - http://www.22point.com.au/publications.html

Check out our first app, RapiTap! - Tap targets fast & avoid decoys: Adrenaline pumping, Challenging, Accessible!
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=au.com.twentytwopoint.rapitap (Free trial available)



Re: require suggestion to purchase a windows 8.1 or 10 32 bit tablat

Quentin Christensen
 

Hence why I'm holding off....

For the i7 I had in mind it's actually $2,100, up to $2,700 for the top of the line model - even though that's in AUD, converted to US, that's still $1,900.

I'd like it to wash the dishes, but I suspect you're not supposed to let it get near water ;)

On 10/09/2015 4:07 PM, Carlos wrote:
LOL $2000? I ain't paying $2000 for no tablet. Good god for $2000 it had better wash the dishes.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Quentin Christensen" <quentin.christensen@gmail.com>
To: <TechTalk@groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, September 10, 2015 12:28 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] require suggestion to purchase a windows 8.1 or 10 32 bit tablat


Hi Austin,

Yes you definitely can use NVDA with a touch screen.

NVDA 2015.3 User Guide The command quick reference in NVDA's help screen has the touch gesture for various commands listed.

Arguably the best Windows hybrid is Microsoft's own Surface Pro 3. The Surface Pro 4 is due out in October, so potentially if you can wait until then you can either buy that, or hopefully the 3 should be reduced in price with the new release. Here's some info on what's known on the Surface Pro 4 for now: http://www.techtimes.com/articles/82638/20150908/surface-pro-4-features-pricing-release-date-and-everything-we-know-so-far-about-microsofts-upcoming-tablet.htm

And if you're interested in looking further afield than the Surface pro, here's a list of 10 other hybrids:
http://www.techradar.com/au/news/mobile-computing/laptops/best-2-in-1-laptops-top-5-hybrid-laptops-reviewed-1258451

Now whether a hybrid is best for you is something you'll find as many different opinions on as you'll find people with opinions. For my 2c:

Why you should buy a 2 in 1?
- Lighter (if you leave the keyboard at home)
- Intuitive (With a bit of an idea of layout, it can be easier dragging your finger around the screen to find something than knowing the keyboard shortcut).
- Ability to use a keyboard and so have all the advantages of a laptop when you need it.

Why you should buy a proper laptop?
- Screen doesn't drain as much battery, particularly if you mostly use keyboard functions.
- Cheaper for the same power (and arguably if you don't actually a need a laptop, a desktop is cheaper again - I looked a couple of weeks ago, and for $2,000 I could buy a Surface Pro 3, or I could spend about $1,000 on a laptop or $500 on a desktop all with similar specs, or for about $8.000 I could get a desktop with say 32 GB ram over the 8GB of the others).
- Consistent interface (you can set Windows 10 to ALWAYS use tablet or desktop mode, or let Continuum switch as you connect and disconnect the keyboard) and you won't go to start writing and realise you didn't bring the keyboard.

In the end it's up to how you think you'll use it. If the Surface Pro 3 or 4 is within your budget, it would be a great machine, but then again, if you don't really need it, you can get something else you can definitely do all your work on for less $$$.

I'm still debating whether to buy a 2 in 1, a laptop, or just stick with my hard working desktop myself!

Regards

Quentin.

On 10/09/2015 1:52 PM, Austin Pinto wrote:
hi all.
i am in the market to purchase a new portable computer.
this time i thought of purchasing something with a touch screen may be
a windows tablet running windows 8.1 or 10 32 bit not rt.
for more details it can install pc applications.
i will be using this as my primary laptop may be by using a usb or
bluetooth keyboard and sometimes experimenting with a touch screen.
i will be using nvda only.
the apps that i will be using will be.
microsoft office 2016 pc version, some disk cleaning programs like c
cleaner and firefox beta.
is this a good dessition to go with a windows tablet rather then a
windows laptop?
and if i only want to use the touch screen will nvda work 100%?
is any1 on this list using such a device as there primary computing device?
are there any podcasts made on how to use such a device?


--
22 Point

Web: http://www.22point.com.au Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/22Point Twitter: https://twitter.com/22PointApps

Our first book "Making Windows 10 Easy to See" is now available! - http://www.22point.com.au/publications.html

Check out our first app, RapiTap! - Tap targets fast & avoid decoys: Adrenaline pumping, Challenging, Accessible!
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=au.com.twentytwopoint.rapitap (Free trial available)





--
22 Point

Web: http://www.22point.com.au Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/22Point Twitter: https://twitter.com/22PointApps

Our first book "Making Windows 10 Easy to See" is now available! - http://www.22point.com.au/publications.html

Check out our first app, RapiTap! - Tap targets fast & avoid decoys: Adrenaline pumping, Challenging, Accessible!
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=au.com.twentytwopoint.rapitap (Free trial available)


Re: require suggestion to purchase a windows 8.1 or 10 32 bit tablat

Carlos
 

LOL $2000? I ain't paying $2000 for no tablet. Good god for $2000 it had better wash the dishes.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Quentin Christensen" <quentin.christensen@gmail.com>
To: <TechTalk@groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, September 10, 2015 12:28 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] require suggestion to purchase a windows 8.1 or 10 32 bit tablat


Hi Austin,

Yes you definitely can use NVDA with a touch screen.

NVDA 2015.3 User Guide The command quick reference in NVDA's help screen has the touch gesture for various commands listed.

Arguably the best Windows hybrid is Microsoft's own Surface Pro 3. The Surface Pro 4 is due out in October, so potentially if you can wait until then you can either buy that, or hopefully the 3 should be reduced in price with the new release. Here's some info on what's known on the Surface Pro 4 for now: http://www.techtimes.com/articles/82638/20150908/surface-pro-4-features-pricing-release-date-and-everything-we-know-so-far-about-microsofts-upcoming-tablet.htm

And if you're interested in looking further afield than the Surface pro, here's a list of 10 other hybrids:
http://www.techradar.com/au/news/mobile-computing/laptops/best-2-in-1-laptops-top-5-hybrid-laptops-reviewed-1258451

Now whether a hybrid is best for you is something you'll find as many different opinions on as you'll find people with opinions. For my 2c:

Why you should buy a 2 in 1?
- Lighter (if you leave the keyboard at home)
- Intuitive (With a bit of an idea of layout, it can be easier dragging your finger around the screen to find something than knowing the keyboard shortcut).
- Ability to use a keyboard and so have all the advantages of a laptop when you need it.

Why you should buy a proper laptop?
- Screen doesn't drain as much battery, particularly if you mostly use keyboard functions.
- Cheaper for the same power (and arguably if you don't actually a need a laptop, a desktop is cheaper again - I looked a couple of weeks ago, and for $2,000 I could buy a Surface Pro 3, or I could spend about $1,000 on a laptop or $500 on a desktop all with similar specs, or for about $8.000 I could get a desktop with say 32 GB ram over the 8GB of the others).
- Consistent interface (you can set Windows 10 to ALWAYS use tablet or desktop mode, or let Continuum switch as you connect and disconnect the keyboard) and you won't go to start writing and realise you didn't bring the keyboard.

In the end it's up to how you think you'll use it. If the Surface Pro 3 or 4 is within your budget, it would be a great machine, but then again, if you don't really need it, you can get something else you can definitely do all your work on for less $$$.

I'm still debating whether to buy a 2 in 1, a laptop, or just stick with my hard working desktop myself!

Regards

Quentin.

On 10/09/2015 1:52 PM, Austin Pinto wrote:
hi all.
i am in the market to purchase a new portable computer.
this time i thought of purchasing something with a touch screen may be
a windows tablet running windows 8.1 or 10 32 bit not rt.
for more details it can install pc applications.
i will be using this as my primary laptop may be by using a usb or
bluetooth keyboard and sometimes experimenting with a touch screen.
i will be using nvda only.
the apps that i will be using will be.
microsoft office 2016 pc version, some disk cleaning programs like c
cleaner and firefox beta.
is this a good dessition to go with a windows tablet rather then a
windows laptop?
and if i only want to use the touch screen will nvda work 100%?
is any1 on this list using such a device as there primary computing device?
are there any podcasts made on how to use such a device?


--
22 Point

Web: http://www.22point.com.au Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/22Point Twitter: https://twitter.com/22PointApps

Our first book "Making Windows 10 Easy to See" is now available! - http://www.22point.com.au/publications.html

Check out our first app, RapiTap! - Tap targets fast & avoid decoys: Adrenaline pumping, Challenging, Accessible!
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=au.com.twentytwopoint.rapitap (Free trial available)



Re: require suggestion to purchase a windows 8.1 or 10 32 bit tablat

Quentin Christensen
 

Hi Austin,

Yes you definitely can use NVDA with a touch screen.

NVDA 2015.3 User Guide The command quick reference in NVDA's help screen has the touch gesture for various commands listed.

Arguably the best Windows hybrid is Microsoft's own Surface Pro 3. The Surface Pro 4 is due out in October, so potentially if you can wait until then you can either buy that, or hopefully the 3 should be reduced in price with the new release. Here's some info on what's known on the Surface Pro 4 for now: http://www.techtimes.com/articles/82638/20150908/surface-pro-4-features-pricing-release-date-and-everything-we-know-so-far-about-microsofts-upcoming-tablet.htm

And if you're interested in looking further afield than the Surface pro, here's a list of 10 other hybrids:
http://www.techradar.com/au/news/mobile-computing/laptops/best-2-in-1-laptops-top-5-hybrid-laptops-reviewed-1258451

Now whether a hybrid is best for you is something you'll find as many different opinions on as you'll find people with opinions. For my 2c:

Why you should buy a 2 in 1?
- Lighter (if you leave the keyboard at home)
- Intuitive (With a bit of an idea of layout, it can be easier dragging your finger around the screen to find something than knowing the keyboard shortcut).
- Ability to use a keyboard and so have all the advantages of a laptop when you need it.

Why you should buy a proper laptop?
- Screen doesn't drain as much battery, particularly if you mostly use keyboard functions.
- Cheaper for the same power (and arguably if you don't actually a need a laptop, a desktop is cheaper again - I looked a couple of weeks ago, and for $2,000 I could buy a Surface Pro 3, or I could spend about $1,000 on a laptop or $500 on a desktop all with similar specs, or for about $8.000 I could get a desktop with say 32 GB ram over the 8GB of the others).
- Consistent interface (you can set Windows 10 to ALWAYS use tablet or desktop mode, or let Continuum switch as you connect and disconnect the keyboard) and you won't go to start writing and realise you didn't bring the keyboard.

In the end it's up to how you think you'll use it. If the Surface Pro 3 or 4 is within your budget, it would be a great machine, but then again, if you don't really need it, you can get something else you can definitely do all your work on for less $$$.

I'm still debating whether to buy a 2 in 1, a laptop, or just stick with my hard working desktop myself!

Regards

Quentin.

On 10/09/2015 1:52 PM, Austin Pinto wrote:
hi all.
i am in the market to purchase a new portable computer.
this time i thought of purchasing something with a touch screen may be
a windows tablet running windows 8.1 or 10 32 bit not rt.
for more details it can install pc applications.
i will be using this as my primary laptop may be by using a usb or
bluetooth keyboard and sometimes experimenting with a touch screen.
i will be using nvda only.
the apps that i will be using will be.
microsoft office 2016 pc version, some disk cleaning programs like c
cleaner and firefox beta.
is this a good dessition to go with a windows tablet rather then a
windows laptop?
and if i only want to use the touch screen will nvda work 100%?
is any1 on this list using such a device as there primary computing device?
are there any podcasts made on how to use such a device?


--
22 Point

Web: http://www.22point.com.au Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/22Point Twitter: https://twitter.com/22PointApps

Our first book "Making Windows 10 Easy to See" is now available! - http://www.22point.com.au/publications.html

Check out our first app, RapiTap! - Tap targets fast & avoid decoys: Adrenaline pumping, Challenging, Accessible!
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=au.com.twentytwopoint.rapitap (Free trial available)


using hebrew with NVDA and btw do other screenreaders support hebrew?

Melissa
 

Hello guys. First of all, thanks so much for the help with android a couple of days ago. Now I have another issue. I'm trying to get NVDA to work with Hebrew. When I choose Hebrew in the language settings, it restarts (which is correct) but it is still speaking English. Then, when I attempt to access the NVDA menu, it wants me to reset to factory defaults and then it sort of reads Hebrew in that annoying default voice. Can someone tell me what I am missing? By the way when I try to get it to read a document in Hebrew, it reads it in English. Go figure right? And finally, does either Jaws or window eyes support hebrew? I'd appreciate any help from all you brainiacs and wonderful tech people. Thanks.

Melissa


require suggestion to purchase a windows 8.1 or 10 32 bit tablat

 

hi all.
i am in the market to purchase a new portable computer.
this time i thought of purchasing something with a touch screen may be
a windows tablet running windows 8.1 or 10 32 bit not rt.
for more details it can install pc applications.
i will be using this as my primary laptop may be by using a usb or
bluetooth keyboard and sometimes experimenting with a touch screen.
i will be using nvda only.
the apps that i will be using will be.
microsoft office 2016 pc version, some disk cleaning programs like c
cleaner and firefox beta.
is this a good dessition to go with a windows tablet rather then a
windows laptop?
and if i only want to use the touch screen will nvda work 100%?
is any1 on this list using such a device as there primary computing device?
are there any podcasts made on how to use such a device?


Re: mailing group to sell tech

Kimsan <kimsansong@...>
 

It is.


Kimsan Song
kimsansong@gmail.com

-----Original Message-----
From: juan gonzalez [mailto:jgonzalezh614@hotmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 9, 2015 7:55 PM
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] mailing group to sell tech

thank you carlos! i believe that is the same group that migrated from yahoo.



Juan Gonzalez
E-Z Computer Repair
jgonzalezh614@hotmail.com
(224) 730-4896

On Sep 9, 2015, at 7:25 PM, Carlos <carlos1106@nyc.rr.com> wrote:

I believe there is one here
https://groups.io/org/groupsio/blind-bst
on groups.io.
----- Original Message ----- From: "juan gonzalez"
<jgonzalezh614@hotmail.com>
To: <TechTalk@groups.io>
Sent: Wednesday, September 09, 2015 8:21 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] mailing group to sell tech


greetings, I am looking for a mailing list where i can sell or buy tech. I
use to be part of a yahoo one but it got over ran by spam. if anybody knows
of one or some please let me know. thank you!


Juan Gonzalez
E-Z Computer Repair
jgonzalezh614@hotmail.com
(224) 730-4896





Re: MSE code

Sugar
 

They are back on my computer. It's 1 in a half hour so far.
No luck still now it says"fatal error" and to find out it was their fault
'I have loved the stars to fondly to fear
the night.
~Sugar

-----Original Message-----
From: Sylvia [mailto:sylvia0647@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 08, 2015 6:46 PM
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] MSE code

Hi Carlos, there seem to be a few of us who have had issues uninstalling
MSE as well.


-----Original Message-----
From: Carlos [mailto:carlos1106@nyc.rr.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 08, 2015 9:29 PM
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] MSE code

There seem to be many references online to other users experiencing this
error, but no clear solution which I have found yet.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Sugar" <sugarsyl71@sbcglobal.net>
To: <TechTalk@groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, September 08, 2015 9:21 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] MSE code


Yes it did not work and I did a fix link that Microsoft sent me,
http://appuals.com/step-step-guide-fix-security-essentials-error-
0x80070643/

and it still doesn't work. I had a tech guy who is looking in to it
because once again a scan was done and nothing was found.
Any ideas?
sugar

'I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
~Sugar


-----Original Message-----
From: Carlos [mailto:carlos1106@nyc.rr.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 08, 2015 6:17 PM
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] MSE code

Hi Sugar,
Did you try using System Restore?
----- Original Message -----
From: "Sugar" <sugarsyl71@sbcglobal.net>
To: <TechTalk@groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, September 08, 2015 9:10 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] MSE code


Here is the code I get when I try to install MSE
MSE Error code:0x80070643

There is speaking grace. Colossians 4:6 says, "Let your speech be
always
with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer
every man."
~Blessings, Sugar














Re: mailing group to sell tech

juan gonzalez
 

thank you carlos! i believe that is the same group that migrated from yahoo.


Juan Gonzalez
E-Z Computer Repair
jgonzalezh614@hotmail.com
(224) 730-4896

On Sep 9, 2015, at 7:25 PM, Carlos <carlos1106@nyc.rr.com> wrote:

I believe there is one here
https://groups.io/org/groupsio/blind-bst
on groups.io.
----- Original Message ----- From: "juan gonzalez" <jgonzalezh614@hotmail.com>
To: <TechTalk@groups.io>
Sent: Wednesday, September 09, 2015 8:21 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] mailing group to sell tech


greetings, I am looking for a mailing list where i can sell or buy tech. I use to be part of a yahoo one but it got over ran by spam. if anybody knows of one or some please let me know. thank you!


Juan Gonzalez
E-Z Computer Repair
jgonzalezh614@hotmail.com
(224) 730-4896





Re: A strange question.

Carolyn Arnold
 

Gene gave a good link for a session demonstrating a feature phone with accessibility. I think I will do some evaluating before my contract ends in early April.

Best from,

Carolyn Arnold

-----Original Message-----
From: Juanita Martin [mailto:jordmartin@suddenlink.net]
Sent: Wednesday, September 9, 2015 9:46 PM
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] A strange question.

Does the home button work in all other situations?

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 9, 2015, at 6:06 PM, Marie <magpie.mn@gmail.com <mailto:magpie.mn@gmail.com> > wrote:



I am a 5 year user of the IPhone and I have checked the setting several times. I know what should happen when I triple click, but it just does not work with any sort of regularity. Perhaps as Charley says there is an icon on the screen but if you can’t see it and you hear nothing.... What?
Marie


From: Juanita Martin <mailto:jordmartin@suddenlink.net>
Sent: Wednesday, September 9, 2015 12:32 PM
To: TechTalk@groups.io <mailto:TechTalk@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] A strange question.

I think the instructions were given before but try this:
go to settings, general, accessibility, accessibility shortcut voice over button; If you double tap that, you’ll see a heading called triple click the home button for
Voice over should be at the top of this list. Double tap that and then back out of the menus.


On Sep 9, 2015, at 1:49 PM, charlie <ckobermann@gmail.com <mailto:ckobermann@gmail.com> > wrote:

Hi Barb,
It doesn’t say anything. I use Sarri to turn it on and off for me. Like I said according to my sighted wife when I triple click the home button it brings up the voice over icon for me to double click to open it up Which doesn’t help me at all. Go figure?.

From: Barb O'Connor <mailto:broconnor1972@comcast.net>
Sent: Wednesday, September 09, 2015 2:37 PM
To: TechTalk@groups.io <mailto:TechTalk@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] A strange question.

Charlie, when you triple click on home, it should say, "Voiceover on, or voiceover off," to confirm it for you.

Barb

----- Original Message -----
From: charlie <mailto:ckobermann@gmail.com>
To: TechTalk@groups.io <mailto:TechTalk@groups.io>
Sent: Wednesday, September 09, 2015 1:19 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] A strange question.

After reading this, I asked my wife to set my phone as the directions said. Now when I triple click the home button the voice over icon appears according to my wife but does not start reading until you double click on the voice over icon. So, not much use for me being totally blind. I will keep using Serri to turn it on and off. Unless anyone can tell me what I am doing wrong or how to set it correctly.
Thanks,
Charlie Kobermann

From: Marie <mailto:magpie.mn@gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, September 09, 2015 2:10 PM
To: TechTalk@groups..io <mailto:TechTalk@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] A strange question.

I have no dexterity issues and am sure I click fast enough. But with Siri, it has not been a big problem just a head scratcher.Marie

From: Barb O'Connor <mailto:broconnor1972@comcast.net>
Sent: Wednesday, September 9, 2015 9:48 AM
To: TechTalk@groups..io <mailto:TechTalk@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] A strange question.

After you said that, Marie, my daughter who also has the iPhone6 set up the home triple click and, it works just fine. I know you said you used it successfully before but, do you think you're not triple clicking the home button quickly enough?

Barb

----- Original Message -----
From: Marie <mailto:magpie.mn@gmail.com>
To: TechTalk@groups.io <mailto:TechTalk@groups.io>
Sent: Wednesday, September 09, 2015 9:33 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] A strange question.

I have the IPhone 6 and the triple click for VoiceOver seldom works. This is
my fourth IPhone so I have used this successfully on previous phones but
most of the time, I am forced to use Siri to turn VoiceOver on and off. I do
have the setting correct and the speed set to default but....?
Marie


-----Original Message-----
From: Dean Martineau
Sent: Wednesday, September 9, 2015 3:45 AM
To: TechTalk@groups.io <mailto:TechTalk@groups..io>
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] A strange question.

Yes, go to Settings, General, Accessibility. At the very bottom is a
setting where you can define one or more actions that will occur when you
triple-click home. Ensure that VoiceOver is selected, and nothing else,
unless you want something else from among those choices, and the shortcut
will henceforth work.
Dean


http://bahaiteachings.org/



-----Original Message-----
From: Janie Landrum [mailto:amber8844@gmail.com <mailto:amber8844@gmail..com> ]
Sent: Wednesday, September 09, 2015 6:19 AM
To: TechTalk@groups.io <mailto:TechTalk@groups.io>
Subject: [TechTalk] A strange question.

Hello, I am using an Iphone 6 plus and when I triple click the home button
it doesn't turn on and off voice over.
Is there a setting that I am missing?
Any help will be greatly appreciated.


Re: A strange question.

Juanita Martin <jordmartin@...>
 

Does the home button work in all other situations?

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 9, 2015, at 6:06 PM, Marie <magpie.mn@...> wrote:

I am a 5 year user of the IPhone and I have checked the setting several times. I know what should happen when I triple click, but it just does not work with any sort of regularity. Perhaps as Charley says there is an icon on the screen but if you can’t see it and you hear nothing.... What?
Marie
 
 
Sent: Wednesday, September 9, 2015 12:32 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] A strange question.
 
I think the instructions were given before but try this:
go to settings, general, accessibility, accessibility shortcut voice over button;  If you double tap that, you’ll see a heading called triple click the home button for
Voice over should be at the top of this list.  Double tap that and then back out of the menus. 
On Sep 9, 2015, at 1:49 PM, charlie <ckobermann@...> wrote:
 
Hi Barb,
It doesn’t say anything. I use   Sarri to turn it on and off for me. Like I said according to my sighted wife when I triple click the home button it brings up the voice over icon for me to double click to open it up Which doesn’t help me at all. Go figure?.
 
Sent: Wednesday, September 09, 2015 2:37 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] A strange question.
 
Charlie, when you triple click on home, it should say, "Voiceover on, or voiceover off," to confirm it for you.
 
Barb  
----- Original Message ----- 
From: charlie
Sent: Wednesday, September 09, 2015 1:19 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] A strange question.
 
After reading this, I asked my wife to set my phone as the directions said. Now when I triple click the home button the voice over icon appears according to my wife but does not start reading until you double click on the voice over icon. So, not much use for me being totally blind. I will keep using Serri to turn it on and off. Unless anyone can tell me what I am doing wrong or how to set it correctly.
Thanks,
Charlie Kobermann
 
From: Marie
Sent: Wednesday, September 09, 2015 2:10 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] A strange question.
 
I have no dexterity issues and am sure I click fast enough. But with Siri, it has not been a big problem just a head scratcher.Marie
 
Sent: Wednesday, September 9, 2015 9:48 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] A strange question.
 
After you said that, Marie, my daughter who also has the iPhone6 set up the home triple click and, it works just fine.  I know you said you used it successfully before but, do you think you're not triple clicking the home button quickly enough?
 
Barb
----- Original Message ----- 
From: Marie
Sent: Wednesday, September 09, 2015 9:33 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] A strange question.
 
I have the IPhone 6 and the triple click for VoiceOver seldom works. This is 
my fourth IPhone so I have used this successfully on previous phones but 
most of the time, I am forced to use Siri to turn VoiceOver on and off. I do 
have the setting correct and the speed set to default but....?
Marie


-----Original Message----- 
From: Dean Martineau
Sent: Wednesday, September 9, 2015 3:45 AM
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] A strange question.

Yes, go to Settings, General, Accessibility.  At the very bottom is a 
setting where you can define one or more actions that will occur when you 
triple-click home.  Ensure that VoiceOver is selected, and nothing else, 
unless you want something else from among those choices, and the shortcut 
will henceforth work.
Dean


http://bahaiteachings.org/



-----Original Message-----
From: Janie Landrum [mailto:amber8844@...]
Sent: Wednesday, September 09, 2015 6:19 AM
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] A strange question.

Hello, I am using an Iphone 6 plus and when I triple click the home button 
it doesn't turn on and off voice over.
Is there a setting that I am missing?
Any help will be greatly appreciated.




 







 

99581 - 99600 of 101793