Date   

Re: Google voice accessibility and questions

taylorarndt99@...
 

How would this work would be notes have to be playing the whole time

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 22, 2015, at 5:07 PM, Joseph Hudson <jhud7789@...> wrote:

Hello, Google voice can do this. You can call yourself, started leaving yourself a message and these notes will be transcribed right into your email.
Joseph Hudson
Email
I device support
Telephone
2543007667
Skype
joseph.hudson89 facebook
Twitter

On Sep 22, 2015, at 4:05 PM, taylorarndt99@... wrote:

Darn it, because I was going to see if Google voice would work to transcribe my lecture notes, because I record them. Because it is hard for me to keep up with the lecture and I have other
Problems making it harder for me to keep up with the lecture does anyone know of any free transcription solutions that will preferably machine transcribe my audio so all  I have to do is edit it? Preferably I'd like it to be freeh
Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 22, 2015, at 6:55 AM, Norman <lists@...> wrote:

Hi.
I've used google voice and still do.
However, i've intigrated my number into hangouts now so can't specifically comment on the google voice site.
However, when i originally set it up it was marginal and i've heard it had gotten worse at one point.
Don't know what current status is though.
I'm talking about the setup process. once set up it was usable.
I've never used the ios ap so can't comment on it's features but the android ap worked fine. As for transcribing prerecorded files, not that i know of...

HTH.


On 9/21/2015 6:30 PM, taylorarndt99@... wrote:
Has anyone had experience with Google voice? Have you had experience using voicemail transcription? Is there a way you can upload a pre-recorded file as a voicemail message to be transcribed by Google? Thanks a lot and I'd love to hear from you

Sent from my iPhone







Re: correct name of the google program that gives you google voice on the IPhone

Cristóbal
 

The native Google Voice app is quite Voiceover accessible and easy to use,
but my favorite app and especially for managing multiple accounts is
GVConnect. Also completely accessibl and offers more features than the
native GV app. The dev is good about maintaining and improving VO
accessibility.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeremy [mailto:icu8it2@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 22, 2015 1:47 PM
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] correct name of the google program that gives you
google voice on the IPhone

If you mean one of the apps that lets you manage your Google voice from the
IPhone, I personally like GV Mobile+. There are one or two small areas in
the app that could be fixed for Voiceover, but they do not take away from
it's accessibility.
Its been a while since I needed to use Google Voice, so things may have
changed in the app now, but it was a real treat to use when I last used it a
year or so ago.
Take care.

On 9/22/2015 2:36 PM, Bill Koppelmann wrote:
Hi,
I have the impression that the google app allows for more flexibility
in some ways where the IPhone is concerned for accessing some
programs, can someone tell me what the app is called and let me know
some of the options that you have with this app?
thanks,
Bill K.



Audio ralley racing?

jldail13@...
 

Hi,
I would like to know if this app is in English. The support webpage is in Itilian, and I wanted to contact support, but I cannot translate the page.
Is the game itself in English? How does it compare to blindfold racer?
Thanks,
Jessica


Sent from my iPhone


Re: Google voice accessibility and questions

Joseph Hudson <jhud7789@...>
 

Hello, Google voice can do this. You can call yourself, started leaving yourself a message and these notes will be transcribed right into your email.
Joseph Hudson
Email
I device support
Telephone
2543007667
Skype
joseph.hudson89 facebook
Twitter

On Sep 22, 2015, at 4:05 PM, taylorarndt99@... wrote:

Darn it, because I was going to see if Google voice would work to transcribe my lecture notes, because I record them. Because it is hard for me to keep up with the lecture and I have other
Problems making it harder for me to keep up with the lecture does anyone know of any free transcription solutions that will preferably machine transcribe my audio so all  I have to do is edit it? Preferably I'd like it to be freeh
Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 22, 2015, at 6:55 AM, Norman <lists@...> wrote:

Hi.
I've used google voice and still do.
However, i've intigrated my number into hangouts now so can't specifically comment on the google voice site.
However, when i originally set it up it was marginal and i've heard it had gotten worse at one point.
Don't know what current status is though.
I'm talking about the setup process. once set up it was usable.
I've never used the ios ap so can't comment on it's features but the android ap worked fine. As for transcribing prerecorded files, not that i know of...

HTH.


On 9/21/2015 6:30 PM, taylorarndt99@... wrote:
Has anyone had experience with Google voice? Have you had experience using voicemail transcription? Is there a way you can upload a pre-recorded file as a voicemail message to be transcribed by Google? Thanks a lot and I'd love to hear from you

Sent from my iPhone







Re: Google voice accessibility and questions

taylorarndt99@...
 

Darn it, because I was going to see if Google voice would work to transcribe my lecture notes, because I record them. Because it is hard for me to keep up with the lecture and I have other
Problems making it harder for me to keep up with the lecture does anyone know of any free transcription solutions that will preferably machine transcribe my audio so all I have to do is edit it? Preferably I'd like it to be freeh
Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 22, 2015, at 6:55 AM, Norman <lists@thekingstech.com> wrote:

Hi.
I've used google voice and still do.
However, i've intigrated my number into hangouts now so can't specifically comment on the google voice site.
However, when i originally set it up it was marginal and i've heard it had gotten worse at one point.
Don't know what current status is though.
I'm talking about the setup process. once set up it was usable.
I've never used the ios ap so can't comment on it's features but the android ap worked fine. As for transcribing prerecorded files, not that i know of..

HTH.


On 9/21/2015 6:30 PM, taylorarndt99@gmail.com wrote:
Has anyone had experience with Google voice? Have you had experience using voicemail transcription? Is there a way you can upload a pre-recorded file as a voicemail message to be transcribed by Google? Thanks a lot and I'd love to hear from you

Sent from my iPhone



Re: I can't type in a blank work document

Christina Stolze
 

Nothing to apologize for I technically made the mistake by not mentioning that I was using JAWS 16. Thank you any way for offering your help.
Christina

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeremy [mailto:icu8it2@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 22, 2015 4:48 PM
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] I can't type in a blank work document

Oops, haha, I'm not sure of the keystroke for that one. My apologies.
Tc.
On 9/22/2015 2:46 PM, Christina Stolze wrote:
I realized that I forgot to mention that I am using JAWS 16 the latest version.
Christina

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeremy [mailto:icu8it2@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 22, 2015 2:56 PM
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] I can't type in a blank work document

Try NVDA plus space, that should toggle it for you.
Take care.
On 9/22/2015 1:40 PM, Christina Stolze wrote:
I have a Del laptop I am running Windows 7 I have Microsoft office 2010
suite I turned forms mode off and I don't remember how to turn it back on
and I am also trying to type up my assignment into a blank document using
Microsoft word and when I open a blank document it won't allow me to type at
all I tried pressing enter to activate forms mode and no matter what I do
when I try to type something like for example I was trying to type the
letter o and it says there is no objects on the page and something about
there is only one page and only one section. I hope someone can help me.
Thank you in advance.

Christina



"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing".

Helen Keller












what would cause windows 7 to make my ftp server not receive login information?

ratshtron <northstar1950@...>
 

Carlos, this is a very strange problem and it just started about two weeks ago. i have an ftp server running on my computer and it was working just fine till about two weeks ago. i was running filezilla ftp server and thought that something got messed up in the configuration so i removed it and reinstalled with same problem happening. i even switched back to slimftp ftp server and it shows to be running but when i try to log on, i get the 530 error incorrect login information and the log doesn't register that i even accessed the server. i have done a port check with canyouseme.org and the service is seen on port 21. i am thinking that something has gotten changed in my windows 7 32bit configuration but cannot figure out what. would have any ideas? thanks.




<http://www.sendspace.com/folder/i7xwg4>Click here to check out my sendspace offerings!


Re: correct name of the google program that gives you google voice on the IPhone

taylorarndt99@...
 

Wha Did you use Google voice for

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 22, 2015, at 4:47 PM, Jeremy <icu8it2@gmail.com> wrote:

If you mean one of the apps that lets you manage your Google voice from the IPhone, I personally like GV Mobile+. There are one or two small areas in the app that could be fixed for Voiceover, but they do not take away from it's accessibility.
Its been a while since I needed to use Google Voice, so things may have changed in the app now, but it was a real treat to use when I last used it a year or so ago.
Take care.

On 9/22/2015 2:36 PM, Bill Koppelmann wrote:
Hi,
I have the impression that the google app allows for more flexibility in some ways where the IPhone is concerned for accessing some programs, can someone tell me what the app is called and let me know some of the options that you have with this app?
thanks,
Bill K.




Re: I can't type in a blank work document

Jeremy <icu8it2@...>
 

Oops, haha, I'm not sure of the keystroke for that one. My apologies.
Tc.

On 9/22/2015 2:46 PM, Christina Stolze wrote:
I realized that I forgot to mention that I am using JAWS 16 the latest version.
Christina

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeremy [mailto:icu8it2@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 22, 2015 2:56 PM
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] I can't type in a blank work document

Try NVDA plus space, that should toggle it for you.
Take care.
On 9/22/2015 1:40 PM, Christina Stolze wrote:
I have a Del laptop I am running Windows 7 I have Microsoft office 2010
suite I turned forms mode off and I don't remember how to turn it back on
and I am also trying to type up my assignment into a blank document using
Microsoft word and when I open a blank document it won't allow me to type at
all I tried pressing enter to activate forms mode and no matter what I do
when I try to type something like for example I was trying to type the
letter o and it says there is no objects on the page and something about
there is only one page and only one section. I hope someone can help me.
Thank you in advance.

Christina



"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing".

Helen Keller











Re: correct name of the google program that gives you google voice on the IPhone

Jeremy <icu8it2@...>
 

If you mean one of the apps that lets you manage your Google voice from the IPhone, I personally like GV Mobile+. There are one or two small areas in the app that could be fixed for Voiceover, but they do not take away from it's accessibility.
Its been a while since I needed to use Google Voice, so things may have changed in the app now, but it was a real treat to use when I last used it a year or so ago.
Take care.

On 9/22/2015 2:36 PM, Bill Koppelmann wrote:
Hi,
I have the impression that the google app allows for more flexibility in some ways where the IPhone is concerned for accessing some programs, can someone tell me what the app is called and let me know some of the options that you have with this app?
thanks,
Bill K.


burning a video file to disk with windows 8.1.

Jim Rawls
 

Hi all,

I have downloaded a video file from YouTube with free make. There is a picture. Now, how do I burn it to a disk? Do I need another program to-do it or can I use something on this computer? I am using windows 8.1 jaws 17 beta.


Re: I can't type in a blank work document

Christina Stolze
 

I realized that I forgot to mention that I am using JAWS 16 the latest version.
Christina

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeremy [mailto:icu8it2@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 22, 2015 2:56 PM
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] I can't type in a blank work document

Try NVDA plus space, that should toggle it for you.
Take care.
On 9/22/2015 1:40 PM, Christina Stolze wrote:
I have a Del laptop I am running Windows 7 I have Microsoft office 2010
suite I turned forms mode off and I don't remember how to turn it back on
and I am also trying to type up my assignment into a blank document using
Microsoft word and when I open a blank document it won't allow me to type at
all I tried pressing enter to activate forms mode and no matter what I do
when I try to type something like for example I was trying to type the
letter o and it says there is no objects on the page and something about
there is only one page and only one section. I hope someone can help me.
Thank you in advance.

Christina



"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing".

Helen Keller






correct name of the google program that gives you google voice on the IPhone

Bill K <billmeister@...>
 

Hi,
I have the impression that the google app allows for more flexibility in some ways where the IPhone is concerned for accessing some programs, can someone tell me what the app is called and let me know some of the options that you have with this app?
thanks,
Bill K.


Re: Computer not Recognizing Internal Memory Card Reader

braille0109@gmx.com <braille0109@...>
 

Hi, Ah, OK, sorry. In that case, tried a different SD? Or does it not get as far as that?

Sent from a BrailleNote

----- Original Message -----
From: "Carlos" <carlos1106@nyc.rr.com
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Date sent: Tue, 22 Sep 2015 15:28:29 -0400
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Computer not Recognizing Internal Memory Card Reader

Not easily done since he indicated it is an internal card reader.
----- Original Message -----
From: "rajmund" <braille0109@gmx.com
To: <TechTalk@groups.io
Sent: Tuesday, September 22, 2015 3:24 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Computer not Recognizing Internal Memory Card Reader


Hi,
Tried the reader in a different device?

Sent from a BrailleNote

----- Original Message -----
From: "Carlos" <carlos1106@nyc.rr.com
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Date sent: Tue, 22 Sep 2015 15:22:08 -0400
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Computer not Recognizing Internal Memory Card
Reader

Well if all else fails, you could purchase an inexpensive USB card reader.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Samuel Wilkins" <soundsam@spwnet.co.uk
To: <TechTalk@groups.io
Sent: Tuesday, September 22, 2015 3:17 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Computer not Recognizing Internal Memory Card
Reader


I tried system restore, and it looks like there is a different problem
with
the reader, as it still isn't working.

On 21/09/2015 20:48, Carlos wrote:
The card reader might be defective, but if there is corruption anywhere
and even removing the drivers does not resolve the issue, using System
Restore and a restore point prior to when the problem first began might
be worth a try. Of course this will not work if the card reader is
simply defective.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Samuel Wilkins"
<soundsam@spwnet.co.uk
To: <TechTalk@groups.io
Sent: Monday, September 21, 2015 11:45 AM
Subject: [TechTalk] Computer not Recognizing Internal Memory Card Reader


Hello everyone, I have a windows 7 desktop computer with an internal SD
card reader. I have been using the SD card reader fine for some time
now, but suddenly, my computer is not recognising it. It classes it as
an unknown USB device, and it won't install any drivers, and
uninstalling and reinstalling the device does not work. Does anyone
have any suggestions? It comes up with error 43 in the general tab in
the device properties in device manager.








--
Regards,

Samuel Wilkins


Re: Computer not Recognizing Internal Memory Card Reader

Samuel Wilkins
 

I'm afraid that isn't possible, as it's an internal reader. I can manage wiht my recorder's USB port rather than the card reader.

On 22/09/2015 20:24, rajmund wrote:
Hi,
Tried the reader in a different device?

Sent from a BrailleNote

----- Original Message -----
From: "Carlos" <carlos1106@nyc.rr.com
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Date sent: Tue, 22 Sep 2015 15:22:08 -0400
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Computer not Recognizing Internal Memory Card Reader

Well if all else fails, you could purchase an inexpensive USB card reader.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Samuel Wilkins" <soundsam@spwnet.co.uk
To: <TechTalk@groups.io
Sent: Tuesday, September 22, 2015 3:17 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Computer not Recognizing Internal Memory Card Reader


I tried system restore, and it looks like there is a different problem with
the reader, as it still isn't working.

On 21/09/2015 20:48, Carlos wrote:
The card reader might be defective, but if there is corruption anywhere
and even removing the drivers does not resolve the issue, using System
Restore and a restore point prior to when the problem first began might
be worth a try. Of course this will not work if the card reader is
simply defective.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Samuel Wilkins"
<soundsam@spwnet.co.uk
To: <TechTalk@groups.io
Sent: Monday, September 21, 2015 11:45 AM
Subject: [TechTalk] Computer not Recognizing Internal Memory Card Reader


Hello everyone, I have a windows 7 desktop computer with an internal SD
card reader. I have been using the SD card reader fine for some time
now, but suddenly, my computer is not recognising it. It classes it as
an unknown USB device, and it won't install any drivers, and
uninstalling and reinstalling the device does not work. Does anyone
have any suggestions? It comes up with error 43 in the general tab in
the device properties in device manager.








--
Regards,

Samuel Wilkins










--
Regards,

Samuel Wilkins


Re: Computer not Recognizing Internal Memory Card Reader

Carlos
 

Not easily done since he indicated it is an internal card reader.

----- Original Message -----
From: "rajmund" <braille0109@gmx.com>
To: <TechTalk@groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, September 22, 2015 3:24 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Computer not Recognizing Internal Memory Card Reader


Hi,
Tried the reader in a different device?

Sent from a BrailleNote

----- Original Message -----
From: "Carlos" <carlos1106@nyc.rr.com
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Date sent: Tue, 22 Sep 2015 15:22:08 -0400
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Computer not Recognizing Internal Memory Card Reader

Well if all else fails, you could purchase an inexpensive USB card reader.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Samuel Wilkins" <soundsam@spwnet.co.uk
To: <TechTalk@groups.io
Sent: Tuesday, September 22, 2015 3:17 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Computer not Recognizing Internal Memory Card Reader


I tried system restore, and it looks like there is a different problem with
the reader, as it still isn't working.

On 21/09/2015 20:48, Carlos wrote:
The card reader might be defective, but if there is corruption anywhere
and even removing the drivers does not resolve the issue, using System
Restore and a restore point prior to when the problem first began might
be worth a try. Of course this will not work if the card reader is
simply defective.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Samuel Wilkins"
<soundsam@spwnet.co.uk
To: <TechTalk@groups.io
Sent: Monday, September 21, 2015 11:45 AM
Subject: [TechTalk] Computer not Recognizing Internal Memory Card Reader


Hello everyone, I have a windows 7 desktop computer with an internal SD
card reader. I have been using the SD card reader fine for some time
now, but suddenly, my computer is not recognising it. It classes it as
an unknown USB device, and it won't install any drivers, and
uninstalling and reinstalling the device does not work. Does anyone
have any suggestions? It comes up with error 43 in the general tab in
the device properties in device manager.








--
Regards,

Samuel Wilkins










Re: Computer not Recognizing Internal Memory Card Reader

braille0109@gmx.com <braille0109@...>
 

Hi,
Tried the reader in a different device?

Sent from a BrailleNote

----- Original Message -----
From: "Carlos" <carlos1106@nyc.rr.com
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Date sent: Tue, 22 Sep 2015 15:22:08 -0400
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Computer not Recognizing Internal Memory Card Reader

Well if all else fails, you could purchase an inexpensive USB card reader.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Samuel Wilkins" <soundsam@spwnet.co.uk
To: <TechTalk@groups.io
Sent: Tuesday, September 22, 2015 3:17 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Computer not Recognizing Internal Memory Card Reader


I tried system restore, and it looks like there is a different problem with
the reader, as it still isn't working.

On 21/09/2015 20:48, Carlos wrote:
The card reader might be defective, but if there is corruption anywhere
and even removing the drivers does not resolve the issue, using System
Restore and a restore point prior to when the problem first began might
be worth a try. Of course this will not work if the card reader is
simply defective.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Samuel Wilkins"
<soundsam@spwnet.co.uk
To: <TechTalk@groups.io
Sent: Monday, September 21, 2015 11:45 AM
Subject: [TechTalk] Computer not Recognizing Internal Memory Card Reader


Hello everyone, I have a windows 7 desktop computer with an internal SD
card reader. I have been using the SD card reader fine for some time
now, but suddenly, my computer is not recognising it. It classes it as
an unknown USB device, and it won't install any drivers, and
uninstalling and reinstalling the device does not work. Does anyone
have any suggestions? It comes up with error 43 in the general tab in
the device properties in device manager.








--
Regards,

Samuel Wilkins


Re: Computer not Recognizing Internal Memory Card Reader

Carlos
 

Well if all else fails, you could purchase an inexpensive USB card reader.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Samuel Wilkins" <soundsam@spwnet.co.uk>
To: <TechTalk@groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, September 22, 2015 3:17 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Computer not Recognizing Internal Memory Card Reader


I tried system restore, and it looks like there is a different problem with the reader, as it still isn't working.

On 21/09/2015 20:48, Carlos wrote:
The card reader might be defective, but if there is corruption anywhere and even removing the drivers does not resolve the issue, using System Restore and a restore point prior to when the problem first began might be worth a try. Of course this will not work if the card reader is simply defective.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Samuel Wilkins" <soundsam@spwnet.co.uk>
To: <TechTalk@groups.io>
Sent: Monday, September 21, 2015 11:45 AM
Subject: [TechTalk] Computer not Recognizing Internal Memory Card Reader


Hello everyone, I have a windows 7 desktop computer with an internal SD card reader. I have been using the SD card reader fine for some time now, but suddenly, my computer is not recognising it. It classes it as an unknown USB device, and it won't install any drivers, and uninstalling and reinstalling the device does not work. Does anyone have any suggestions? It comes up with error 43 in the general tab in the device properties in device manager.




--
Regards,

Samuel Wilkins



Re: Computer not Recognizing Internal Memory Card Reader

Samuel Wilkins
 

I tried system restore, and it looks like there is a different problem with the reader, as it still isn't working.

On 21/09/2015 20:48, Carlos wrote:
The card reader might be defective, but if there is corruption anywhere and even removing the drivers does not resolve the issue, using System Restore and a restore point prior to when the problem first began might be worth a try. Of course this will not work if the card reader is simply defective.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Samuel Wilkins" <soundsam@spwnet.co.uk>
To: <TechTalk@groups.io>
Sent: Monday, September 21, 2015 11:45 AM
Subject: [TechTalk] Computer not Recognizing Internal Memory Card Reader


Hello everyone, I have a windows 7 desktop computer with an internal SD card reader. I have been using the SD card reader fine for some time now, but suddenly, my computer is not recognising it. It classes it as an unknown USB device, and it won't install any drivers, and uninstalling and reinstalling the device does not work. Does anyone have any suggestions? It comes up with error 43 in the general tab in the device properties in device manager.




--
Regards,

Samuel Wilkins


PC vs. mac . .what are your thoughts

Bill K <billmeister@...>
 

Hi Jeremy,
You said . . .
hey now, at least your fingers get some decent exercise through all the stretching to reach some of the key combinations. It may work for some, but oh my goodness, there were some of the key commands that made my hands feel like they were playing twister! lol

wow, that's what I was waiting for, I'm convinced, I'll keep my pc thing going for sure, I won't be going mac considering some of the things I've heard here. Since the mac is quite a different way of doing things from the way they are done on the pc, I guess I know the answer.
Many thanks,
Bill K.

102321 - 102340 of 105891