Date   

I wanna know

Chris Grabowski <skywalker@...>
 

I wanna know if you ever tasted cock

i'm doing it for a survey

 

1: have you ever tasted cock?

 

2: what did it taste like?

 

3: was it your own cock or someone else's

 

send your completed surveys to

 

skywalker@...
thanks



kigjoergjktrmpmopkrtgoptrkhoprtjtopkopkgopjfh

Chris Grabowski <skywalker@...>
 

gjkrhotrhk[[ptykhtyophykpjpthjopjptgjhopghkpohjmptgohjhjgjghopgjhopghhhhhgfhlojophghpofjmiojhgjghjnnghlfhfjhlkjh


I don't have a daddy

Chris Grabowski <skywalker@...>
 

I don't have a daddy

 

I don't have a mommy

 

I don't have a daddy

 

I don't have a mommy

 

I don't have a daddy

 

I don't have a mommy

 

I  don't have a daddy

 

I don't have a mommy

 

I don't have a daddyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

 

I don't have one

 

waaaaaaa waaaaaaaaaaa

 

lonely fucker without a family



Re: A very important administration message that all members should read

Gene
 

How are you attempting to change the password?  Are you using a browser without blocking scripts?  When I look at my account, there is a field with my e-mail address and a button under it for changing the address.  Under that is a button for changing my password.  there may be a line that says something about my password above it.  But just what are you seeing or not seeing?
 
Gene

----- Original Message -----
From: Gene
Sent: Friday, November 24, 2017 1:49 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] A very important administration message that all members should read

I don't think I can do it, but I don't think your account has been hacked nor your GMail account.  One spoofed message was sent yesterday in another list member's name.  I suspected that more members might be spoofed over time.  I've seen this sort of thing before on lists where the spoofer spoofs one person first and then expands to others.  Whatever the case, if the spoofing doesn't stop and is disruptive and offensive enough, as I said, I'll put the list under moderation, which will result in inconvenience but will stop the spoofing.  Then, I'll take the list offr moderation after a number of days to see if the problem has stopped but I won't hesitate to reinstate moderation again.  Let's hope it doesn't require this sort of drastic action and I'll monitor the list closely most of the time to keep delayed message delivery from becoming more than a minor problem while the list is moderated. 
So, I hope members are patient if this is necessary and remain on the list. 
All legitimate messages will get to the list and a lot of the time without being delayed long. 
 
Gene
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, November 24, 2017 1:24 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] A very important administration message that all members should read

I tried to change my password, which I have done in the past.  But it
is no longer accessible.

On 24/11/2017, Sugar Lopez <sugarsyl71@...> wrote:
> Agree.
> Don't let this get to you
> sugar
>
> If we could look into each other's hearts and understand the unique
> challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more
> gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.
> Marvin J. Ashton
> -Sugar
> Please support my Journey to a second chance of life at:
> https://www.gofundme.com/sugars-transplant-journey
>
>
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of
> Michael Boyd
> Sent: Tuesday, November 21, 2017 12:24 PM
> To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
> Subject: Re: [TechTalk] A very important administration message that all
> members should read
>
>
> We all do not feel that way towards you Eleni, there is obviously someone
> who is hacking the list and sending messages as though it were you, there
> may be some to show up from some of the rest of us.  I am sure that Gene,
> whoever he appoints as moderator and Groups.io will have this stopped very
> soon We all know that this is not your nature and will not think less of you
> because of something that you cannot control.
>
> Michael
>
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of
> Eleni Vamvakari
> Sent: Tuesday, November 21, 2017 2:11 PM
> To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
> Subject: Re: [TechTalk] A very important administration message that all
> members should read
>
> It most definitely is spoofing!  I would never write something like that,
> especially to a group!  I can understand someone not liking my posts about
> old technology, but this is utterly ridiculous!
>
> On 21/11/2017, John Dennett <jdslyder75@...> wrote:
>> Um. And I thought that I was to old to be shocked. Glad I was sitting
>> because had to read subject line twice. Sad to see such because this
>> list has always been filled with interesting issues and responses from
>> awesome people. But then, it just takes one rotten smelly potato  to
>> stink up the place if not removed as we all know.  Happy holidays to
>> all, John
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>>> On Nov 21, 2017, at 8:32 AM, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:
>>>
>>> Someone on the list is using an address spoofer to  make messages
>>> appear to come from people who are legitimate members.  This person
>>> doesn't have to be a list member.  He or she can spoof any address of
>>> any list member and the list will accept it as legitimate.  So ignore
>>> any messages that are out of character such as the one below.  Don't
>>> comment on them or discuss them.  The spoofer wants to incite
>>> discussion or discord on the list.  If there is no reaction, that
>>> will not encourage the spoofer to continue.
>>>
>>> I am not aware of any way to prevent such messages from reaching the
>>> list except for placing the entire list on moderated status.  That
>>> will slow down receipt of messages but it will end this problem.
>>> I'll do it if I have to.
>>>
>>> If people have suggestions about how to deal with the problem, write
>>> me off list at gsasner@...
>>>
>>> Gene
>>> ----- Original Message -----
>>> From: Eleni Vamvakari
>>> Sent: Tuesday, November 21, 2017 4:23 AM
>>> To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
>>> Subject: [TechTalk] do you have a cock?
>>>
>>> do you have a cock?
>>>
>>> is it big?
>>>
>>> how big
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>
>
> --
> Facebook: elvam2167@...
>
> anyaudio.net: elvam2167
>
> Skype: elvam2167
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>


--
Facebook: elvam2167@...

anyaudio.net: elvam2167

Skype: elvam2167



Re: A very important administration message that all members should read

Gene
 

I don't think I can do it, but I don't think your account has been hacked nor your GMail account.  One spoofed message was sent yesterday in another list member's name.  I suspected that more members might be spoofed over time.  I've seen this sort of thing before on lists where the spoofer spoofs one person first and then expands to others.  Whatever the case, if the spoofing doesn't stop and is disruptive and offensive enough, as I said, I'll put the list under moderation, which will result in inconvenience but will stop the spoofing.  Then, I'll take the list offr moderation after a number of days to see if the problem has stopped but I won't hesitate to reinstate moderation again.  Let's hope it doesn't require this sort of drastic action and I'll monitor the list closely most of the time to keep delayed message delivery from becoming more than a minor problem while the list is moderated. 
So, I hope members are patient if this is necessary and remain on the list. 
All legitimate messages will get to the list and a lot of the time without being delayed long. 
 
Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, November 24, 2017 1:24 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] A very important administration message that all members should read

I tried to change my password, which I have done in the past.  But it
is no longer accessible.

On 24/11/2017, Sugar Lopez <sugarsyl71@...> wrote:
> Agree.
> Don't let this get to you
> sugar
>
> If we could look into each other's hearts and understand the unique
> challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more
> gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.
> Marvin J. Ashton
> -Sugar
> Please support my Journey to a second chance of life at:
> https://www.gofundme.com/sugars-transplant-journey
>
>
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of
> Michael Boyd
> Sent: Tuesday, November 21, 2017 12:24 PM
> To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
> Subject: Re: [TechTalk] A very important administration message that all
> members should read
>
>
> We all do not feel that way towards you Eleni, there is obviously someone
> who is hacking the list and sending messages as though it were you, there
> may be some to show up from some of the rest of us.  I am sure that Gene,
> whoever he appoints as moderator and Groups.io will have this stopped very
> soon We all know that this is not your nature and will not think less of you
> because of something that you cannot control.
>
> Michael
>
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of
> Eleni Vamvakari
> Sent: Tuesday, November 21, 2017 2:11 PM
> To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
> Subject: Re: [TechTalk] A very important administration message that all
> members should read
>
> It most definitely is spoofing!  I would never write something like that,
> especially to a group!  I can understand someone not liking my posts about
> old technology, but this is utterly ridiculous!
>
> On 21/11/2017, John Dennett <jdslyder75@...> wrote:
>> Um. And I thought that I was to old to be shocked. Glad I was sitting
>> because had to read subject line twice. Sad to see such because this
>> list has always been filled with interesting issues and responses from
>> awesome people. But then, it just takes one rotten smelly potato  to
>> stink up the place if not removed as we all know.  Happy holidays to
>> all, John
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>>> On Nov 21, 2017, at 8:32 AM, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:
>>>
>>> Someone on the list is using an address spoofer to  make messages
>>> appear to come from people who are legitimate members.  This person
>>> doesn't have to be a list member.  He or she can spoof any address of
>>> any list member and the list will accept it as legitimate.  So ignore
>>> any messages that are out of character such as the one below.  Don't
>>> comment on them or discuss them.  The spoofer wants to incite
>>> discussion or discord on the list.  If there is no reaction, that
>>> will not encourage the spoofer to continue.
>>>
>>> I am not aware of any way to prevent such messages from reaching the
>>> list except for placing the entire list on moderated status.  That
>>> will slow down receipt of messages but it will end this problem.
>>> I'll do it if I have to.
>>>
>>> If people have suggestions about how to deal with the problem, write
>>> me off list at gsasner@...
>>>
>>> Gene
>>> ----- Original Message -----
>>> From: Eleni Vamvakari
>>> Sent: Tuesday, November 21, 2017 4:23 AM
>>> To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
>>> Subject: [TechTalk] do you have a cock?
>>>
>>> do you have a cock?
>>>
>>> is it big?
>>>
>>> how big
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>
>
> --
> Facebook: elvam2167@...
>
> anyaudio.net: elvam2167
>
> Skype: elvam2167
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>


--
Facebook: elvam2167@...

anyaudio.net: elvam2167

Skype: elvam2167



Re: A very important administration message that all members should read

Eleni Vamvakari
 

I tried to change my password, which I have done in the past. But it
is no longer accessible.

On 24/11/2017, Sugar Lopez <sugarsyl71@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
Agree.
Don't let this get to you
sugar

If we could look into each other's hearts and understand the unique
challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more
gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.
Marvin J. Ashton
-Sugar
Please support my Journey to a second chance of life at:
https://www.gofundme.com/sugars-transplant-journey




-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Michael Boyd
Sent: Tuesday, November 21, 2017 12:24 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] A very important administration message that all
members should read


We all do not feel that way towards you Eleni, there is obviously someone
who is hacking the list and sending messages as though it were you, there
may be some to show up from some of the rest of us. I am sure that Gene,
whoever he appoints as moderator and Groups.io will have this stopped very
soon We all know that this is not your nature and will not think less of you
because of something that you cannot control.

Michael



-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Eleni Vamvakari
Sent: Tuesday, November 21, 2017 2:11 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] A very important administration message that all
members should read

It most definitely is spoofing! I would never write something like that,
especially to a group! I can understand someone not liking my posts about
old technology, but this is utterly ridiculous!

On 21/11/2017, John Dennett <jdslyder75@gmail.com> wrote:
Um. And I thought that I was to old to be shocked. Glad I was sitting
because had to read subject line twice. Sad to see such because this
list has always been filled with interesting issues and responses from
awesome people. But then, it just takes one rotten smelly potato to
stink up the place if not removed as we all know. Happy holidays to
all, John

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 21, 2017, at 8:32 AM, Gene <gsasner@ripco.com> wrote:

Someone on the list is using an address spoofer to make messages
appear to come from people who are legitimate members. This person
doesn't have to be a list member. He or she can spoof any address of
any list member and the list will accept it as legitimate. So ignore
any messages that are out of character such as the one below. Don't
comment on them or discuss them. The spoofer wants to incite
discussion or discord on the list. If there is no reaction, that
will not encourage the spoofer to continue.

I am not aware of any way to prevent such messages from reaching the
list except for placing the entire list on moderated status. That
will slow down receipt of messages but it will end this problem.
I'll do it if I have to.

If people have suggestions about how to deal with the problem, write
me off list at gsasner@ripco.com

Gene
----- Original Message -----
From: Eleni Vamvakari
Sent: Tuesday, November 21, 2017 4:23 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] do you have a cock?

do you have a cock?

is it big?

how big




--
Facebook: elvam2167@gmail.com

anyaudio.net: elvam2167

Skype: elvam2167










--
Facebook: elvam2167@gmail.com

anyaudio.net: elvam2167

Skype: elvam2167


Re: Obtaining Accessible Firefox

Blaster
 

Here's the link to the downloadable versions of Firefox:
https://mozilla-firefox-portable.en.uptodown.com/windows/old

Blaster

On 11/24/17, Gene <gsasner@ripco.com> wrote:
I don't know anything about importing profiles. In general, if you can do
something in the installed version, you can do it in the portable version.



From: Joe Orozco
Sent: Friday, November 24, 2017 12:48 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] Obtaining Accessible Firefox


Hi, where can I find an accessible portable version of Firefox? I’m
assuming with such a portable version, I can import a profile that
could include my old Webvisum and other add-ons? Thank you kindly in
advance, and please forgive me if the information has already been
shared.--Joe




Re: Obtaining Accessible Firefox

Gene
 

I don't know anything about importing profiles.  In general, if you can do something in the installed version, you can do it in the portable version. 

From: Joe Orozco
Sent: Friday, November 24, 2017 12:48 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] Obtaining Accessible Firefox

Hi, where can I find an accessible portable version of Firefox? I’m
assuming with such a portable version, I can import a profile that
could include my old Webvisum and other add-ons? Thank you kindly in
advance, and please forgive me if the information has already been
shared.--Joe




Re: Bookmarks on Chrome

Gene
 

I don't use Chrome to any extent.  Did you down arrow through every option?  did you see anything like more bookmarks or anything indicating bookmarks in a different folder or section?  Press enter on anything that suggests, by its title, that something might be displayed by activating it.  In firefox, when you import book marks from Internet Explorer, they are in a Book Mark folder named From Internet Explorer. 
 
Also, for those who use Chrome enough that they might know, Firefox has a search book marks feature that searches through all book marks in firefox, whatever folder they are in.  I don't even bother to organize book marks any more.  I use the search feature.  does Chrome have such a feature?
 
Gene

----- Original Message -----

 
From: Joe Orozco
Sent: Friday, November 24, 2017 12:27 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Bookmarks on Chrome

That's strange. I followed the suggestions and got to the Bookmarks
menu, but my homepage is the only page I see there, despite my having
gone through the import process from IE. I tried going at it from the
Bookmarks Manager window, but I don't see anything there either. What
might I be doing wrong here?

And, are there any Chrome extensions that could make navigating
bookmarks easier?

Joe

On 11/24/17, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:
> The Chrome designers, even after all these years, still haven't bothered to
> put a short cut command for the book marks list in Chrom.  You can open the
> book marks list in this way:
> Alt then enter.  Type b and then press enter.  Just one more small annoyance
> the Chrome designers haven't gotten rid of.
>
> Gene
> ----- Original Message -----
>
> From: Joe Orozco
> Sent: Friday, November 24, 2017 12:12 PM
> To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
> Subject: [TechTalk] Bookmarks on Chrome
>
>
> First, is there a way for Chrome to be set up to save and access
> bookmarks from the same computer location as my Internet Explorer? I
> currently save my IE favorites in a Dropbox folder so that I can
> access them equally from IE or Firefox. I’d like to do the same with
> Chrome, if possible.
>
> Second, how do I access Bookmarks in Chrome in the first place? I’ve
> tried Control + Shift + B to add the Bookmarks bar, but I can’t figure
> out the shortcut key to access the list. Is there a means to view the
> Bookmarks in the same menu format we can with IE?
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> Joe
>
>
>
>




Re: A very important administration message that all members should read

Sugar
 

Agree.
Don't let this get to you
sugar

If we could look into each other's hearts and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.
Marvin J. Ashton
-Sugar
Please support my Journey to a second chance of life at:
https://www.gofundme.com/sugars-transplant-journey

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Michael Boyd
Sent: Tuesday, November 21, 2017 12:24 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] A very important administration message that all members should read


We all do not feel that way towards you Eleni, there is obviously someone who is hacking the list and sending messages as though it were you, there may be some to show up from some of the rest of us. I am sure that Gene, whoever he appoints as moderator and Groups.io will have this stopped very soon We all know that this is not your nature and will not think less of you because of something that you cannot control.

Michael



-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Eleni Vamvakari
Sent: Tuesday, November 21, 2017 2:11 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] A very important administration message that all members should read

It most definitely is spoofing! I would never write something like that, especially to a group! I can understand someone not liking my posts about old technology, but this is utterly ridiculous!

On 21/11/2017, John Dennett <jdslyder75@gmail.com> wrote:
Um. And I thought that I was to old to be shocked. Glad I was sitting
because had to read subject line twice. Sad to see such because this
list has always been filled with interesting issues and responses from
awesome people. But then, it just takes one rotten smelly potato to
stink up the place if not removed as we all know. Happy holidays to
all, John

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 21, 2017, at 8:32 AM, Gene <gsasner@ripco.com> wrote:

Someone on the list is using an address spoofer to make messages
appear to come from people who are legitimate members. This person
doesn't have to be a list member. He or she can spoof any address of
any list member and the list will accept it as legitimate. So ignore
any messages that are out of character such as the one below. Don't
comment on them or discuss them. The spoofer wants to incite
discussion or discord on the list. If there is no reaction, that
will not encourage the spoofer to continue.

I am not aware of any way to prevent such messages from reaching the
list except for placing the entire list on moderated status. That
will slow down receipt of messages but it will end this problem.
I'll do it if I have to.

If people have suggestions about how to deal with the problem, write
me off list at gsasner@ripco.com

Gene
----- Original Message -----
From: Eleni Vamvakari
Sent: Tuesday, November 21, 2017 4:23 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] do you have a cock?

do you have a cock?

is it big?

how big




--
Facebook: elvam2167@gmail.com

anyaudio.net: elvam2167

Skype: elvam2167


Obtaining Accessible Firefox

Joe Orozco
 

Hi, where can I find an accessible portable version of Firefox? I’m
assuming with such a portable version, I can import a profile that
could include my old Webvisum and other add-ons? Thank you kindly in
advance, and please forgive me if the information has already been
shared.--Joe


Re: Happy Thanksgiving!

Maureen Pranghofer <maureensmusic@...>
 

Hi Mike and All
Oh he sounds like someone who was really neat.
 
 

From: Mike B.
Sent: Thursday, November 23, 2017 12:32 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Happy Thanksgiving!
 
Hi Maureen,
 
Carlos was 1 of the most knowledgeable & helpful blind computer technicians, teachers, & trouble shooters the blind community has known in a very long time.  He worked for a local university in New York, New York somewhere, & has guided the blind computer users over several of these lists' for many years!  He is the creator of this list.  He lost his eyes when he was somewhere around 3 to 5 years old, if I remember correctly, to an eye disease that I don't recall.  Anyways, we lost Carlos to liver cancer October 16 of this year.  In short, we lost a damn fine man!  He taught all of his list members / students many things, & he will be sorely missed in more ways than 1!  REST IN PEACE Carlos, & thank you for everything!
Take care.  Mike.  Dodgers, try again next year!
Sent from my iBarstool.
Arguing with a woman is like reading a software license agreement.  In the end you have to ignore everything, & click I agree.
----- Original Message -----
From: Maureen Pranghofer
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Sent: Thursday, November 23, 2017 8:09 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Happy Thanksgiving!
 
Hi
I’m kind of new on this list, tell me about Carlos. 
 
From: Mike B.
Sent: Wednesday, November 22, 2017 11:28 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Happy Thanksgiving!
 
Hi Janet, List Members, & Everyone Else That Celebrates Thanksgiving,
 
A very Blessed & happy Thanksgiving to you & yours!  Carlos our brother / our mentor, we're not forgetting nor will we ever forget about you, I've already got a place at my keyboard set up for you!  LOL  Rest in peace, & you make sure that the next Windows 10 version of, Creator, comes out right!  LOL  LOL 
 
Melissa, we're surely not forgetting about you & yours, y'all have the best Thanksgiving possible under the circumstances!  Give the kids a squeeze and a hug for all the list members!
Take care.  Mike.  Dodgers, try again next year!
Sent from my iBarstool.
Arguing with a woman is like reading a software license agreement.  In the end you have to ignore everything, & click I agree.
----- Original Message -----
From: janet gross
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, November 22, 2017 7:11 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] Happy Thanksgiving!
 
Hi Everyone,
Well, it's that time of the year again!  I wish all of you a Happy Thanksgiving!
Janet




Re: converting doc files into txt or rtf format

Maureen Pranghofer <maureensmusic@...>
 

Hi
Probably you could also scan the file with an OCR to read and edit it.
maureen
 
 
From: Quentin Christensen
Sent: Thursday, November 23, 2017 4:52 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] converting doc files into txt or rtf format
 
Word Starter was a cut down version of Word that came shipped on various new PCs.  From memory it should be able to convert the files.
 
WordPad itself should also be able to open doc files, although it can't save them, so it would have to save them as RTF.  Note also that whatever method you use, it's possible you may lose information or at least formatting, if the original document contained features from Word which aren't supported in RTF / WordPad.
 
On Fri, Nov 24, 2017 at 7:13 AM, joanne <grandma1323@...> wrote:
I don't have Microsoft Word on my windows 7 computer and I have some DOC files. One tried to open in Adobe, and then sometimes there is a word thing like a word starter that pops up. Is there a converter, since I use word pad and note pad, that will convert these doc files?


 
--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Official NVDA Training modules and expert certification now available: http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess 
Twitter: @NVAccess


Re: Bookmarks on Chrome

Joe Orozco
 

That's strange. I followed the suggestions and got to the Bookmarks
menu, but my homepage is the only page I see there, despite my having
gone through the import process from IE. I tried going at it from the
Bookmarks Manager window, but I don't see anything there either. What
might I be doing wrong here?

And, are there any Chrome extensions that could make navigating
bookmarks easier?

Joe

On 11/24/17, Gene <gsasner@ripco.com> wrote:
The Chrome designers, even after all these years, still haven't bothered to
put a short cut command for the book marks list in Chrom. You can open the
book marks list in this way:
Alt then enter. Type b and then press enter. Just one more small annoyance
the Chrome designers haven't gotten rid of.

Gene
----- Original Message -----

From: Joe Orozco
Sent: Friday, November 24, 2017 12:12 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] Bookmarks on Chrome


First, is there a way for Chrome to be set up to save and access
bookmarks from the same computer location as my Internet Explorer? I
currently save my IE favorites in a Dropbox folder so that I can
access them equally from IE or Firefox. I’d like to do the same with
Chrome, if possible.

Second, how do I access Bookmarks in Chrome in the first place? I’ve
tried Control + Shift + B to add the Bookmarks bar, but I can’t figure
out the shortcut key to access the list. Is there a means to view the
Bookmarks in the same menu format we can with IE?

Thanks for any help.

Joe




Re: Bookmarks on Chrome

Gene
 

The Chrome designers, even after all these years, still haven't bothered to put a short cut command for the book marks list in Chrom.  You can open the book marks list in this way:
Alt then enter.  Type b and then press enter.  Just one more small annoyance the Chrome designers haven't gotten rid of.
 
Gene

----- Original Message -----
From: Joe Orozco
Sent: Friday, November 24, 2017 12:12 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] Bookmarks on Chrome

First, is there a way for Chrome to be set up to save and access
bookmarks from the same computer location as my Internet Explorer? I
currently save my IE favorites in a Dropbox folder so that I can
access them equally from IE or Firefox. I’d like to do the same with
Chrome, if possible.

Second, how do I access Bookmarks in Chrome in the first place? I’ve
tried Control + Shift + B to add the Bookmarks bar, but I can’t figure
out the shortcut key to access the list. Is there a means to view the
Bookmarks in the same menu format we can with IE?

Thanks for any help.

Joe




Bookmarks on Chrome

Joe Orozco
 

First, is there a way for Chrome to be set up to save and access
bookmarks from the same computer location as my Internet Explorer? I
currently save my IE favorites in a Dropbox folder so that I can
access them equally from IE or Firefox. I’d like to do the same with
Chrome, if possible.

Second, how do I access Bookmarks in Chrome in the first place? I’ve
tried Control + Shift + B to add the Bookmarks bar, but I can’t figure
out the shortcut key to access the list. Is there a means to view the
Bookmarks in the same menu format we can with IE?

Thanks for any help.

Joe


Re: windows 10 search problem

Blaster
 

That's one of the new features in Windows 10 that is a welcome addition.
Being able to reset the OS without losing all of your installed
programs or having the option to do a clean reinstall.
It doesn't explain how the index became corrupted or unusable, but at
least it works now.
The Microsoft support website also suggests hardware failure could
cause this issue, just something to be aware of in the future if this
problem crops up again.

Blaster

On 11/24/17, andy.tidwell <andy.tidwell@windstream.net> wrote:
Hello, I had the same problem with surch last month and I had the
Microsoft disability desk working on it several times and I tried everything
I
knew.
I even did a couple of system restores on it and nothing worked so finally
we had to re install windows 10 and that finally fixed the problem.
I just thought I would let everyone know what happened to me just encase
that is what It comes to here but the good thing is that we were able to
keep all my files but you may have to go through and re set your settings.
HTH.

From: Gene
Sent: Friday, November 24, 2017 10:59 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] windows 10 search problem

It doesn't work at all now and I believe that rebuilding the indexing file
slows performance while it is occurring. As I said, I don't think the index
file is necessary for searches and, I think the problem may not be solved in
this manner, with perhaps some annoyance and inconvenience by trying to do
so. I think Bleeping Computer is a better option. I suspect something is
corrupted.

Gene
----- Original Message -----

From: Blaster
Sent: Friday, November 24, 2017 7:53 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] windows 10 search problem

Sorry for the delay in responding, I was in turkey overload, lol,

Okay, You'll need to rebuild your indexing file, it's easy, but it can
take a long time depending on how large your hard drive is, but it
will work much better after it's done.

Press the windows key on your keyboard and type this:

indexing options

and then press the enter key.

Tab to the modify button and press the enter key.

This will show a list of all available locations for indexing . If
it's an option, then either check or uncheck the box with your
spacebar. If it's a branch of a tree, like c:\program files/ , then
checking this branch will work on all of it's sub directories. If you
check the box for your main drive, the C:\ , then the whole drive will
be listed below it with all of the boxes checked.
Just arrow down the list and make your choices, then tab to the ok
button and press the enter key.

This will take you back to the main indexing options window.

Tab to the advanced button and press the enter key.


You should be in the indexing tab, so arrow down to a button titled:
rebuild index.
Or I think it's Alt + the letter R as well.

When you press this button you'll get a warning about how long this
can take, as I mentioned above, press the button and wait until it's
finished.
I don't think you need to reboot, I think it's just ready to go when
it's finished.

You don't have to stay off the pc while it's doing it's business, but
don't do any searches until it's done.

One last thought, You may want to check all of the boxes when
choosing which locations to add to a search scan, However, this will
slow down search results because it will take longer to complete, so
just keep that in mind while checking those boxes. If you want to
limit the options after the fact, go back to the indexing options
window and use the modify section to remove searchable locations.

HTH,
Blaster



On 11/24/17, Loy <loyrg2845@gmail.com> wrote:
I did this and the box was already checked.
----- Original Message -----
From: Blaster
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Sent: Thursday, November 23, 2017 10:23 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] windows 10 search problem


One more thing, you must have system and hidden files and folders set
to be shown.
If you need to do this, let me know and I'll show you how to do it.
.
you must have
On 11/23/17, Blaster Nil8 <blaster.nil8@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, the path ends with \LocalState
>
> But if you tab around the explorer window , do you get a folder named
> "Indexed"?
>
> On 11/23/17, Loy <loyrg2845@gmail.com> wrote:
>> To me it is showing LocalState not Indexed.
>>
>> ----- Original Message -----
>> From: Blaster
>> To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
>> Sent: Thursday, November 23, 2017 8:12 PM
>> Subject: Re: [TechTalk] windows 10 search problem
>>
>>
>> You could check to see if there's something up with your indexing
by
>> doing the following,
>>
>> Press the windows key + the letter R key to open the run command
line,
>> Copy this line using the Ctrl + the letter C key to copy to
clipboard,
>>
>>
>>
%LocalAppData%\Packages\windows.immersivecontrolpanel_cw5n1h2txyewy\LocalState
>>
>> Then paste it in the run command line with the Ctrl + the letter V
key
>> to paste it in, then press the enter key.
>>
>> An explorer window will open showing the folder named indexed.
>> Use the context key or the shift key + the F10 key and arrow down
to
>> properties and press the enter key.
>>
>> Tab to the advanced option and press the enter key.
>>
>> Press the spacebar to check the box that says, "Allow files in
this
>> folder to have contents indexed in addition to file properties"
>>
>>
>> Tab to the bottom and press the enter key on the ok button.
>>
>> If that box wasn't checked then a progress bar will appear as your
pc
>> is being indexed.
>>
>> When done, tab to the bottom and press the enter key on that ok
button.
>>
>> Try your search again and see if that helped.
>>
>> If that didn't work or the box was already check, you could try
the
>> following.
>>
>> Press the windows key and type:
>>
>> indexing options
>>
>> This should give you the indexing options in the control panel,
press
>> the enter key to open it.
>>
>> Tab down to the troubleshooter and press the enter key, then
follow
the
>> prompts.
>>
>> HTH,
>> Blaster
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> On 11/23/17, Loy <loyrg2845@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > On one of my Windows10 computers, search will not search
anything
on
>> the
>> > computer except apps. I have done everything that I found by
Googling
>> it
>> but
>> > nothing has worked. I was thinking about resetting Windows 10,
but
>> not
>> sure
>> > that would fix the problem.
>> >
>>
>>
>>
>





Jesus dyed for us, why can't we live for him?


Re: windows 10 search problem

andy.tidwell
 

    Hello, I had the same problem with surch last month and I had the Microsoft disability desk working on it several times and I tried everything I
knew.
I even did a couple of system restores on it and nothing worked so finally we had to re install windows 10 and that finally fixed the problem.
I just thought I would let everyone know what happened to me just encase that is what It comes to here but the good thing is that we were able to
keep all my files but you may have to go through and re set your settings. HTH.
 

From: Gene
Sent: Friday, November 24, 2017 10:59 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] windows 10 search problem
 
It doesn't work at all now and I believe that rebuilding the indexing file slows performance while it is occurring.  As I said, I don't think the index file is necessary for searches and, I think the problem may not be solved in this manner, with perhaps some annoyance and inconvenience by trying to do so.  I think Bleeping Computer is a better option.  I suspect something is corrupted. 
 
Gene
----- Original Message -----
 
From: Blaster
Sent: Friday, November 24, 2017 7:53 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] windows 10 search problem
 
Sorry for the delay in responding, I was in turkey overload, lol,

Okay, You'll need to rebuild your indexing file, it's easy, but it can
take a long time depending on how large your hard drive is, but it
will work much better after it's done.

Press the windows key on your keyboard and type this:

indexing options

and then press the enter key.

Tab to the modify button and press the enter key.

This will show a list of all available locations for indexing .  If
it's an option, then either check or uncheck the box with your
spacebar.  If it's a branch of a tree, like c:\program files/ , then
checking this branch will work on all of it's sub directories. If you
check the box for your main drive, the C:\ , then the whole drive will
be listed below it with all of the boxes checked.
Just arrow down the list and make your choices, then tab to the ok
button and press the enter key.

This will take you back to the main indexing options window.

Tab to the advanced button and press the enter key.


You should be in the indexing tab, so arrow down to a button titled:
rebuild index.
Or I think it's Alt + the letter R as well.

When you press this button you'll get a warning about how long this
can take, as I mentioned above, press the button and wait until it's
finished.
I don't think you need to reboot, I think it's just ready to go when
it's finished.

You don't have to stay off the pc while it's doing it's business, but
don't do any searches until it's done.

One last thought,  You may want to check all of the boxes when
choosing which locations to add to a search scan, However, this will
slow down search results because it will take longer to complete, so
just keep that in mind while checking those boxes. If you want to
limit the options after the fact, go back to the indexing options
window and use the modify section to remove searchable locations.

HTH,
Blaster



On 11/24/17, Loy <loyrg2845@...> wrote:
> I did this and the box was already checked.
>   ----- Original Message -----
>   From: Blaster
>   To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
>   Sent: Thursday, November 23, 2017 10:23 PM
>   Subject: Re: [TechTalk] windows 10 search problem
>
>
>   One more thing, you must have system and hidden files and folders set
>   to be shown.
>   If you need to do this, let me know and I'll show you how to do it.
>   .
>    you must have
>   On 11/23/17, Blaster Nil8 <blaster.nil8@...> wrote:
>   > Yes, the path ends with \LocalState
>   >
>   > But if you tab around the explorer window , do you get a folder named
>   > "Indexed"?
>   >
>   > On 11/23/17, Loy <loyrg2845@...> wrote:
>   >> To me it is showing LocalState not Indexed.
>   >>
>   >>   ----- Original Message -----
>   >>   From: Blaster
>   >>   To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
>   >>   Sent: Thursday, November 23, 2017 8:12 PM
>   >>   Subject: Re: [TechTalk] windows 10 search problem
>   >>
>   >>
>   >>   You could check to see if there's something up with your indexing by
>   >>   doing the following,
>   >>
>   >>   Press the windows key + the letter R key to open the run command
> line,
>   >>   Copy this line using the Ctrl + the letter C key to copy to
> clipboard,
>   >>
>   >>
>   >>
> %LocalAppData%\Packages\windows.immersivecontrolpanel_cw5n1h2txyewy\LocalState
>   >>
>   >>   Then paste it in the run command line with the Ctrl + the letter V
> key
>   >>   to paste it in, then press the enter key.
>   >>
>   >>   An explorer window will open showing  the folder named indexed.
>   >>   Use the context key or the shift key + the F10 key and arrow down to
>   >>   properties and press the enter key.
>   >>
>   >>   Tab to the advanced option and press the enter key.
>   >>
>   >>   Press the spacebar to check the box that says, "Allow files in this
>   >>   folder to have contents indexed in addition to file  properties"
>   >>
>   >>
>   >>   Tab to the bottom and press the enter key on the ok button.
>   >>
>   >>   If that box wasn't checked then a progress bar will appear as your
> pc
>   >>   is being indexed.
>   >>
>   >>   When done, tab to the bottom and press the enter key on that ok
> button.
>   >>
>   >>   Try your search again and see if that helped.
>   >>
>   >>   If that didn't work or the box was already check,  you could try the
>   >> following.
>   >>
>   >>   Press the windows key and type:
>   >>
>   >>   indexing options
>   >>
>   >>   This should give you the indexing options in the control panel,
> press
>   >>   the enter key to open it.
>   >>
>   >>   Tab down to the troubleshooter and press the enter key, then follow
> the
>   >> prompts.
>   >>
>   >>   HTH,
>   >>   Blaster
>   >>
>   >>
>   >>
>   >>
>   >>
>   >>
>   >>   On 11/23/17, Loy <loyrg2845@...> wrote:
>   >>   > On one of my Windows10 computers, search will not search anything
> on
>   >> the
>   >>   > computer except apps. I have done everything that I found by
> Googling
>   >> it
>   >> but
>   >>   > nothing has worked. I was thinking about resetting Windows 10, but
>   >> not
>   >> sure
>   >>   > that would fix the problem.
>   >>   >
>   >>
>   >>
>   >>
>   >
>
>
>


Jesus dyed for us, why can't we live for him?


Re: EXCEL 2003 Question

Thom Spittle
 

This is probably caused by your column width. Set your column width wider and see if that helps.



Thomas Spittle

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Howard Traxler
Sent: Friday, November 24, 2017 9:29 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] EXCEL 2003 Question

Many times after I edit the formula in a cell, the cell shows #value. How can I get it to show the actual result of the formula? Thanks.
Howard


Re: windows 10 search problem

Gene
 

It doesn't work at all now and I believe that rebuilding the indexing file slows performance while it is occurring.  As I said, I don't think the index file is necessary for searches and, I think the problem may not be solved in this manner, with perhaps some annoyance and inconvenience by trying to do so.  I think Bleeping Computer is a better option.  I suspect something is corrupted. 
 
Gene
----- Original Message -----

From: Blaster
Sent: Friday, November 24, 2017 7:53 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] windows 10 search problem

Sorry for the delay in responding, I was in turkey overload, lol,

Okay, You'll need to rebuild your indexing file, it's easy, but it can
take a long time depending on how large your hard drive is, but it
will work much better after it's done.

Press the windows key on your keyboard and type this:

indexing options

and then press the enter key.

Tab to the modify button and press the enter key.

This will show a list of all available locations for indexing .  If
it's an option, then either check or uncheck the box with your
spacebar.  If it's a branch of a tree, like c:\program files/ , then
checking this branch will work on all of it's sub directories. If you
check the box for your main drive, the C:\ , then the whole drive will
be listed below it with all of the boxes checked.
Just arrow down the list and make your choices, then tab to the ok
button and press the enter key.

This will take you back to the main indexing options window.

Tab to the advanced button and press the enter key.


You should be in the indexing tab, so arrow down to a button titled:
 rebuild index.
Or I think it's Alt + the letter R as well.

When you press this button you'll get a warning about how long this
can take, as I mentioned above, press the button and wait until it's
finished.
I don't think you need to reboot, I think it's just ready to go when
it's finished.

You don't have to stay off the pc while it's doing it's business, but
don't do any searches until it's done.

One last thought,  You may want to check all of the boxes when
choosing which locations to add to a search scan, However, this will
slow down search results because it will take longer to complete, so
just keep that in mind while checking those boxes. If you want to
limit the options after the fact, go back to the indexing options
window and use the modify section to remove searchable locations.

HTH,
Blaster



On 11/24/17, Loy <loyrg2845@...> wrote:
> I did this and the box was already checked.
>   ----- Original Message -----
>   From: Blaster
>   To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
>   Sent: Thursday, November 23, 2017 10:23 PM
>   Subject: Re: [TechTalk] windows 10 search problem
>
>
>   One more thing, you must have system and hidden files and folders set
>   to be shown.
>   If you need to do this, let me know and I'll show you how to do it.
>   .
>    you must have
>   On 11/23/17, Blaster Nil8 <blaster.nil8@...> wrote:
>   > Yes, the path ends with \LocalState
>   >
>   > But if you tab around the explorer window , do you get a folder named
>   > "Indexed"?
>   >
>   > On 11/23/17, Loy <loyrg2845@...> wrote:
>   >> To me it is showing LocalState not Indexed.
>   >>
>   >>   ----- Original Message -----
>   >>   From: Blaster
>   >>   To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
>   >>   Sent: Thursday, November 23, 2017 8:12 PM
>   >>   Subject: Re: [TechTalk] windows 10 search problem
>   >>
>   >>
>   >>   You could check to see if there's something up with your indexing by
>   >>   doing the following,
>   >>
>   >>   Press the windows key + the letter R key to open the run command
> line,
>   >>   Copy this line using the Ctrl + the letter C key to copy to
> clipboard,
>   >>
>   >>
>   >>
> %LocalAppData%\Packages\windows.immersivecontrolpanel_cw5n1h2txyewy\LocalState
>   >>
>   >>   Then paste it in the run command line with the Ctrl + the letter V
> key
>   >>   to paste it in, then press the enter key.
>   >>
>   >>   An explorer window will open showing  the folder named indexed.
>   >>   Use the context key or the shift key + the F10 key and arrow down to
>   >>   properties and press the enter key.
>   >>
>   >>   Tab to the advanced option and press the enter key.
>   >>
>   >>   Press the spacebar to check the box that says, "Allow files in this
>   >>   folder to have contents indexed in addition to file  properties"
>   >>
>   >>
>   >>   Tab to the bottom and press the enter key on the ok button.
>   >>
>   >>   If that box wasn't checked then a progress bar will appear as your
> pc
>   >>   is being indexed.
>   >>
>   >>   When done, tab to the bottom and press the enter key on that ok
> button.
>   >>
>   >>   Try your search again and see if that helped.
>   >>
>   >>   If that didn't work or the box was already check,  you could try the
>   >> following.
>   >>
>   >>   Press the windows key and type:
>   >>
>   >>   indexing options
>   >>
>   >>   This should give you the indexing options in the control panel,
> press
>   >>   the enter key to open it.
>   >>
>   >>   Tab down to the troubleshooter and press the enter key, then follow
> the
>   >> prompts.
>   >>
>   >>   HTH,
>   >>   Blaster
>   >>
>   >>
>   >>
>   >>
>   >>
>   >>
>   >>   On 11/23/17, Loy <loyrg2845@...> wrote:
>   >>   > On one of my Windows10 computers, search will not search anything
> on
>   >> the
>   >>   > computer except apps. I have done everything that I found by
> Googling
>   >> it
>   >> but
>   >>   > nothing has worked. I was thinking about resetting Windows 10, but
>   >> not
>   >> sure
>   >>   > that would fix the problem.
>   >>   >
>   >>
>   >>
>   >>
>   >
>
>
>


43001 - 43020 of 103367