Date   

Re: NVDA Group

 

Guys,
Welcome to Freedom (not Scientific, LOL). Soon y'all will be experienced NVDA users and I'm looking forward to help as much as I can in this adventure of yours.

Cheers,
Marcio AKA Starboy

Sent from a galaxy far, far away.

--
Are you a Thunderbird user? Then join the Thunderbird mailing list to help and be helped with all Thunderbird things - questions, features, add-ons and much more!

Dave Mitchel wrote:

exactly! lol
 
 
From: Doug Sloan
Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 8:53 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA Group
 

Me to if I ever get to find out how to use it

 

 

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Dave Mitchel
Sent: Monday, August 26, 2019 1:52 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA Group

 

Doug,

if you are like me I’m tired of giving bunches of money to Jaws when there is a free screen reader out there. I’ve been giving them money since JFW came out and was using jaws for DOS before that. I’m ready for free. lol

 

 

From: Doug Sloan

Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 8:45 PM

To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA Group

 

Dave you’re just like me I to have NVDA loaded but not a clue on how to use it

 

Cheers

Doug 26-08-2019

 

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Dave Mitchel
Sent: Monday, August 26, 2019 1:41 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA Group

 

people like me...I need to start at the very beginning. lol I have NVDA loaded but not a real clue as to how to use it. too used to jaws I think.



UEFI/USB Boot keystrokes on Dell laptop

Steven Johnson <saxmonger@...>
 

I have a Dell Latitude laptop that needs a Windows reinstall.  I have my Windows PE USB disk with NVDA, and my OS on another USB.  However, I do not know the keystrokes after F2 to get the laptop to boot from the USB.  This is a Latitude E6520, running Windows 7 X86.  Anyone know how many down arrows after F2 will get me to UEFI boot to get my Windows PE on USB drive to load?


Re: NVDA Group

Dave Mitchel
 

thanks for these links...Dave
 

From: Quentin Christensen
Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 9:01 PM
To: main@techtalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA Group
 
We have a page of tips for users coming across from Jaws:  https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda-community/wiki/SwitchingFromJawsToNVDA
 
If you're willing to spend a few dollars, and would like to learn NVDA from scratch, we have "Basic Training for NVDA" available for $30AUD (around $20 USD currently) in electronic text.  It's also available in audio or braille.  Despite the name, it does cover everything from getting started with NVDA, through to advanced concepts like the review cursor, object navigation and configuration profiles: https://www.nvaccess.org/shop/
 
Kind regards
 
Quentin.
 
On Mon, Aug 26, 2019 at 1:53 PM Doug Sloan <sloany50@...> wrote:

Me to if I ever get to find out how to use it

 

 

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Dave Mitchel
Sent: Monday, August 26, 2019 1:52 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA Group

 

Doug,

if you are like me I’m tired of giving bunches of money to Jaws when there is a free screen reader out there. I’ve been giving them money since JFW came out and was using jaws for DOS before that. I’m ready for free. lol

 

 

From: Doug Sloan

Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 8:45 PM

Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA Group

 

Dave you’re just like me I to have NVDA loaded but not a clue on how to use it

 

Cheers

Doug 26-08-2019

 

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Dave Mitchel
Sent: Monday, August 26, 2019 1:41 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA Group

 

people like me...I need to start at the very beginning. lol I have NVDA loaded but not a real clue as to how to use it. too used to jaws I think.

 

 

From: Mike B

Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 8:33 PM

Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA Group

 

Yes, I believe the same way.  Holy crap, we agree!  LOL  LOL 

 

Put simply, the people that are asking the beginner questions are already on other lists like this one asking their NVDA questions, so the word will spread quickly.


Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go dodgers!
I believe that everything happens for a reason. Usually, the reason is that somebody screwed up.

----- Original Message -----

From: Gene

Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 8:14 PM

Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA Group

 

Another reason I was hesitant is that the owner of the very large NVDA list, told me I couldn't announce the list there but I think there will be enough publicity to attract a good number of people.  I wasn't sure if we could get enough members and experienced ones but I think the coverage it will get on other lists and in places that inform people of such things should be enough.

 

Gene

----- Original Message -----

From: Gene

Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 10:04 PM

Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA Group

 

I will publicize the list and others will.  I think it will probably do well. 

 

I wasn't sure if it was necessary since there may be enough knowledgeable people on this list and on TechTalk to answer questions but it would probably be of use to have an NVDA list for beginner and inexperienced users. 

I was thinking of starting it and this discussion has pretty well decided me.  I'll probably announce it in the next few days.

 

Gene

----- Original Message -----

From: Mike B

Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 9:25 PM

Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA Group

 

I think there was a slight misunderstanding with my last post.  LOL  LOL 

 

What I said, in different words, you will most definitely get the knowledgeable NVDA users you would like to have on the list that can and will answer the questions that beginner users will be asking.  I also think they'll also answer the questions using lamens terms knowing this list is for beginners.  I think this list will be a winner!


Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go dodgers!
I believe that everything happens for a reason. Usually, the reason is that somebody screwed up.

----- Original Message -----

From: Gene

Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 6:53 PM

Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA Group

 

I hope not.  I think it will get enough interest in various places that enough people will probably join.

 

Gene

----- Original Message -----

From: Mike B

Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 8:33 PM

Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA Group

 

I don't think you would have any problems at all with getting the knowledgeable users you're wanting.


Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go dodgers!
I believe that everything happens for a reason. Usually, the reason is that somebody screwed up.

----- Original Message -----

From: Gene

Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 6:14 PM

Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA Group

 

I hope that if I set one up, it will attract enough knowledgeable users to answer beginners and less experienced users' questions well. 

 

Gene

----- Original Message -----

From: Mike B

Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 8:03 PM

Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA Group

 

Hi Gene,

 

It sure would be nice to have a NVDA list for NVDA beginners.  The current list uses advanced computer language that's tough for novice NVDA users that haven't had computer training let alone for people that are just beginning to use computers with NVDA.


Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go dodgers!
I believe that everything happens for a reason. Usually, the reason is that somebody screwed up.

----- Original Message -----

From: Gene

Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 3:47 PM

Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA Group

 

I don't know of one for beginners.  I'm considering starting one.  The NVDA users' list, the only one I know of that is an English list, is

 

Gene

----- Original Message -----

From: Mike B

Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 5:39 PM

To: TechTalk

Subject: [TechTalk] NVDA Group

 

Howdy All,

 

What is the subscription email address or URL to subscribe to the NVDA list for NVDA beginners?  Thanks mooy moocho.


Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go dodgers!
I believe that everything happens for a reason. Usually, the reason is that somebody screwed up.

 
 
--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager


Re: NVDA Group

Dave Mitchel
 

exactly! lol
 
 

From: Doug Sloan
Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 8:53 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA Group
 

Me to if I ever get to find out how to use it

 

 

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Dave Mitchel
Sent: Monday, August 26, 2019 1:52 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA Group

 

Doug,

if you are like me I’m tired of giving bunches of money to Jaws when there is a free screen reader out there. I’ve been giving them money since JFW came out and was using jaws for DOS before that. I’m ready for free. lol

 

 

From: Doug Sloan

Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 8:45 PM

To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA Group

 

Dave you’re just like me I to have NVDA loaded but not a clue on how to use it

 

Cheers

Doug 26-08-2019

 

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Dave Mitchel
Sent: Monday, August 26, 2019 1:41 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA Group

 

people like me...I need to start at the very beginning. lol I have NVDA loaded but not a real clue as to how to use it. too used to jaws I think.

 

 

From: Mike B

Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 8:33 PM

To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA Group

 

Yes, I believe the same way.  Holy crap, we agree!  LOL  LOL 

 

Put simply, the people that are asking the beginner questions are already on other lists like this one asking their NVDA questions, so the word will spread quickly.


Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go dodgers!
I believe that everything happens for a reason. Usually, the reason is that somebody screwed up.

----- Original Message -----

From: Gene

To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 8:14 PM

Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA Group

 

Another reason I was hesitant is that the owner of the very large NVDA list, told me I couldn't announce the list there but I think there will be enough publicity to attract a good number of people.  I wasn't sure if we could get enough members and experienced ones but I think the coverage it will get on other lists and in places that inform people of such things should be enough.

 

Gene

----- Original Message -----

From: Gene

Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 10:04 PM

To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA Group

 

I will publicize the list and others will.  I think it will probably do well. 

 

I wasn't sure if it was necessary since there may be enough knowledgeable people on this list and on TechTalk to answer questions but it would probably be of use to have an NVDA list for beginner and inexperienced users. 

I was thinking of starting it and this discussion has pretty well decided me.  I'll probably announce it in the next few days.

 

Gene

----- Original Message -----

From: Mike B

Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 9:25 PM

To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA Group

 

I think there was a slight misunderstanding with my last post.  LOL  LOL 

 

What I said, in different words, you will most definitely get the knowledgeable NVDA users you would like to have on the list that can and will answer the questions that beginner users will be asking.  I also think they'll also answer the questions using lamens terms knowing this list is for beginners.  I think this list will be a winner!


Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go dodgers!
I believe that everything happens for a reason. Usually, the reason is that somebody screwed up.

----- Original Message -----

From: Gene

To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 6:53 PM

Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA Group

 

I hope not.  I think it will get enough interest in various places that enough people will probably join.

 

Gene

----- Original Message -----

From: Mike B

Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 8:33 PM

To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA Group

 

I don't think you would have any problems at all with getting the knowledgeable users you're wanting.


Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go dodgers!
I believe that everything happens for a reason. Usually, the reason is that somebody screwed up.

----- Original Message -----

From: Gene

To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 6:14 PM

Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA Group

 

I hope that if I set one up, it will attract enough knowledgeable users to answer beginners and less experienced users' questions well. 

 

Gene

----- Original Message -----

From: Mike B

Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 8:03 PM

To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA Group

 

Hi Gene,

 

It sure would be nice to have a NVDA list for NVDA beginners.  The current list uses advanced computer language that's tough for novice NVDA users that haven't had computer training let alone for people that are just beginning to use computers with NVDA.


Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go dodgers!
I believe that everything happens for a reason. Usually, the reason is that somebody screwed up.

----- Original Message -----

From: Gene

To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 3:47 PM

Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA Group

 

I don't know of one for beginners.  I'm considering starting one.  The NVDA users' list, the only one I know of that is an English list, is

nvda+subscribe@nvda.groups.io

 

Gene

----- Original Message -----

From: Mike B

Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 5:39 PM

To: TechTalk

Subject: [TechTalk] NVDA Group

 

Howdy All,

 

What is the subscription email address or URL to subscribe to the NVDA list for NVDA beginners?  Thanks mooy moocho.


Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go dodgers!
I believe that everything happens for a reason. Usually, the reason is that somebody screwed up.


Re: NVDA Group

Quentin Christensen
 

We have a page of tips for users coming across from Jaws:  https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda-community/wiki/SwitchingFromJawsToNVDA

If you're willing to spend a few dollars, and would like to learn NVDA from scratch, we have "Basic Training for NVDA" available for $30AUD (around $20 USD currently) in electronic text.  It's also available in audio or braille.  Despite the name, it does cover everything from getting started with NVDA, through to advanced concepts like the review cursor, object navigation and configuration profiles: https://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Mon, Aug 26, 2019 at 1:53 PM Doug Sloan <sloany50@...> wrote:

Me to if I ever get to find out how to use it

 

 

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Dave Mitchel
Sent: Monday, August 26, 2019 1:52 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA Group

 

Doug,

if you are like me I’m tired of giving bunches of money to Jaws when there is a free screen reader out there. I’ve been giving them money since JFW came out and was using jaws for DOS before that. I’m ready for free. lol

 

 

From: Doug Sloan

Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 8:45 PM

Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA Group

 

Dave you’re just like me I to have NVDA loaded but not a clue on how to use it

 

Cheers

Doug 26-08-2019

 

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Dave Mitchel
Sent: Monday, August 26, 2019 1:41 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA Group

 

people like me...I need to start at the very beginning. lol I have NVDA loaded but not a real clue as to how to use it. too used to jaws I think.

 

 

From: Mike B

Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 8:33 PM

Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA Group

 

Yes, I believe the same way.  Holy crap, we agree!  LOL  LOL 

 

Put simply, the people that are asking the beginner questions are already on other lists like this one asking their NVDA questions, so the word will spread quickly.


Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go dodgers!
I believe that everything happens for a reason. Usually, the reason is that somebody screwed up.

----- Original Message -----

From: Gene

Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 8:14 PM

Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA Group

 

Another reason I was hesitant is that the owner of the very large NVDA list, told me I couldn't announce the list there but I think there will be enough publicity to attract a good number of people.  I wasn't sure if we could get enough members and experienced ones but I think the coverage it will get on other lists and in places that inform people of such things should be enough.

 

Gene

----- Original Message -----

From: Gene

Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 10:04 PM

Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA Group

 

I will publicize the list and others will.  I think it will probably do well. 

 

I wasn't sure if it was necessary since there may be enough knowledgeable people on this list and on TechTalk to answer questions but it would probably be of use to have an NVDA list for beginner and inexperienced users. 

I was thinking of starting it and this discussion has pretty well decided me.  I'll probably announce it in the next few days.

 

Gene

----- Original Message -----

From: Mike B

Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 9:25 PM

Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA Group

 

I think there was a slight misunderstanding with my last post.  LOL  LOL 

 

What I said, in different words, you will most definitely get the knowledgeable NVDA users you would like to have on the list that can and will answer the questions that beginner users will be asking.  I also think they'll also answer the questions using lamens terms knowing this list is for beginners.  I think this list will be a winner!


Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go dodgers!
I believe that everything happens for a reason. Usually, the reason is that somebody screwed up.

----- Original Message -----

From: Gene

Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 6:53 PM

Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA Group

 

I hope not.  I think it will get enough interest in various places that enough people will probably join.

 

Gene

----- Original Message -----

From: Mike B

Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 8:33 PM

Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA Group

 

I don't think you would have any problems at all with getting the knowledgeable users you're wanting.


Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go dodgers!
I believe that everything happens for a reason. Usually, the reason is that somebody screwed up.

----- Original Message -----

From: Gene

Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 6:14 PM

Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA Group

 

I hope that if I set one up, it will attract enough knowledgeable users to answer beginners and less experienced users' questions well. 

 

Gene

----- Original Message -----

From: Mike B

Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 8:03 PM

Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA Group

 

Hi Gene,

 

It sure would be nice to have a NVDA list for NVDA beginners.  The current list uses advanced computer language that's tough for novice NVDA users that haven't had computer training let alone for people that are just beginning to use computers with NVDA.


Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go dodgers!
I believe that everything happens for a reason. Usually, the reason is that somebody screwed up.

----- Original Message -----

From: Gene

Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 3:47 PM

Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA Group

 

I don't know of one for beginners.  I'm considering starting one.  The NVDA users' list, the only one I know of that is an English list, is

 

Gene

----- Original Message -----

From: Mike B

Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 5:39 PM

To: TechTalk

Subject: [TechTalk] NVDA Group

 

Howdy All,

 

What is the subscription email address or URL to subscribe to the NVDA list for NVDA beginners?  Thanks mooy moocho.


Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go dodgers!
I believe that everything happens for a reason. Usually, the reason is that somebody screwed up.



--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager


Re: NVDA Group

Doug Sloan
 

Me to if I ever get to find out how to use it

 

 

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Dave Mitchel
Sent: Monday, August 26, 2019 1:52 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA Group

 

Doug,

if you are like me I’m tired of giving bunches of money to Jaws when there is a free screen reader out there. I’ve been giving them money since JFW came out and was using jaws for DOS before that. I’m ready for free. lol

 

 

From: Doug Sloan

Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 8:45 PM

Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA Group

 

Dave you’re just like me I to have NVDA loaded but not a clue on how to use it

 

Cheers

Doug 26-08-2019

 

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Dave Mitchel
Sent: Monday, August 26, 2019 1:41 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA Group

 

people like me...I need to start at the very beginning. lol I have NVDA loaded but not a real clue as to how to use it. too used to jaws I think.

 

 

From: Mike B

Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 8:33 PM

Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA Group

 

Yes, I believe the same way.  Holy crap, we agree!  LOL  LOL 

 

Put simply, the people that are asking the beginner questions are already on other lists like this one asking their NVDA questions, so the word will spread quickly.


Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go dodgers!
I believe that everything happens for a reason. Usually, the reason is that somebody screwed up.

----- Original Message -----

From: Gene

Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 8:14 PM

Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA Group

 

Another reason I was hesitant is that the owner of the very large NVDA list, told me I couldn't announce the list there but I think there will be enough publicity to attract a good number of people.  I wasn't sure if we could get enough members and experienced ones but I think the coverage it will get on other lists and in places that inform people of such things should be enough.

 

Gene

----- Original Message -----

From: Gene

Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 10:04 PM

Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA Group

 

I will publicize the list and others will.  I think it will probably do well. 

 

I wasn't sure if it was necessary since there may be enough knowledgeable people on this list and on TechTalk to answer questions but it would probably be of use to have an NVDA list for beginner and inexperienced users. 

I was thinking of starting it and this discussion has pretty well decided me.  I'll probably announce it in the next few days.

 

Gene

----- Original Message -----

From: Mike B

Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 9:25 PM

Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA Group

 

I think there was a slight misunderstanding with my last post.  LOL  LOL 

 

What I said, in different words, you will most definitely get the knowledgeable NVDA users you would like to have on the list that can and will answer the questions that beginner users will be asking.  I also think they'll also answer the questions using lamens terms knowing this list is for beginners.  I think this list will be a winner!


Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go dodgers!
I believe that everything happens for a reason. Usually, the reason is that somebody screwed up.

----- Original Message -----

From: Gene

Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 6:53 PM

Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA Group

 

I hope not.  I think it will get enough interest in various places that enough people will probably join.

 

Gene

----- Original Message -----

From: Mike B

Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 8:33 PM

Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA Group

 

I don't think you would have any problems at all with getting the knowledgeable users you're wanting.


Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go dodgers!
I believe that everything happens for a reason. Usually, the reason is that somebody screwed up.

----- Original Message -----

From: Gene

Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 6:14 PM

Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA Group

 

I hope that if I set one up, it will attract enough knowledgeable users to answer beginners and less experienced users' questions well. 

 

Gene

----- Original Message -----

From: Mike B

Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 8:03 PM

Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA Group

 

Hi Gene,

 

It sure would be nice to have a NVDA list for NVDA beginners.  The current list uses advanced computer language that's tough for novice NVDA users that haven't had computer training let alone for people that are just beginning to use computers with NVDA.


Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go dodgers!
I believe that everything happens for a reason. Usually, the reason is that somebody screwed up.

----- Original Message -----

From: Gene

Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 3:47 PM

Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA Group

 

I don't know of one for beginners.  I'm considering starting one.  The NVDA users' list, the only one I know of that is an English list, is

 

Gene

----- Original Message -----

From: Mike B

Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 5:39 PM

To: TechTalk

Subject: [TechTalk] NVDA Group

 

Howdy All,

 

What is the subscription email address or URL to subscribe to the NVDA list for NVDA beginners?  Thanks mooy moocho.


Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go dodgers!
I believe that everything happens for a reason. Usually, the reason is that somebody screwed up.


Re: Talking Thermostats.com Closing

Robin Frost
 

Hi,
I’m not TerryLynne but it appeared on the ACB-L list; and the message I’ll quote below seems to be in line with that which it states though the closing message doesn’t yet appear on the official site itself. Begin quoted message from site:
“NOTE:  Our VIP 3000 talking thermostat supplier is currently in a backorder situation.  Because of this, we do not have thermostats to ship.  It is our
hope to resume shipments by the end of August.”
I loved dealing with this company and loved their products I find this announcement heartbreaking and will write Harry personally to express my gratitude for a great product and great service over the years.
I’m just wondering if anyone on this list has used any of the other thermostat solutions such as the Nest or EcoBee options as a means of finding out what other alternatives are out there for the Blind. Similarly if anyone uses any of these connected thermostats do they for instance have up or down arrow buttons for changing temperature settings on the fly in case one’s internet is down or any buttons for switching from heat to cooling to off or are they completely touch panel in terms of their physical body?
Take good care.
Robin
 
 

From: Mike B
Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 11:38 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Talking Thermostats.com Closing
 
Hi TerryLynne,
 
What a shame!  Thanks for posting this message.  Out of curiosity, how or where did this message come from?  I'm not challenging its validity, but I've purchased several Talking Thermostats over the last several years from Harry and I haven't received an email about anything.

Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go dodgers!
I believe that everything happens for a reason. Usually, the reason is that somebody screwed up.
----- Original Message -----
From: TerriLynne Pomeroy
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 4:51 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] Talking Thermostats.com Closing

Talking Thermostats.com

P.O. Box 27145  ●  Golden Valley, MN  55427  ●  Tel  (763) 591-9557  ●  Fax  (763) 544-7166

 

Dear friends of the Blind and Visually Impaired Community,

 

My name is Harry Cohen and my company, Talking Thermostats.com has supplied many of you with talking thermostats and excellent customer service over the past sixteen years.  I am writing to inform you that as of this date we will be exiting the talking thermostat business and closing our company. 

 

This was a difficult decision to make.  We were helped with this decision by the manufacturer, BuyMax Alliance who is also our supplier of the VIP talking thermostat.  Because of poor inventory control by our supplier, their stock of talking thermostats was depleted in January of this year.  In addition, our supplier changed to a new electronic assembly vendor in China.  Both of these issues by our supplier have caused very long lead times resulting in a stock out condition of thermostats not only for our company but also for our competitors.  All the VIP talking thermostats come from the same factory in China.

 

We have not had thermostats to ship since February.  BuyMax Alliance told us we would have thermostats in April.  Then they changed the delivery to the end of July.  It is now the third week of August and still no thermostats.  During these six plus months, we still offered customer and technical support even though there was no income being generated.  Without income, we can no longer afford to pay rent, keep the lights on and keep the phones active.   Therefore, we are closing up shop.

 

With the closure of our business, product questions and warranty issues now revert back to BuyMax Alliance, the VIP 3000 manufacturer / supplier.  BuyMax Alliance can be reached at 866-936-6622.

 

Over the past sixteen years this business has given me the opportunity to establish relationships with the blind and visually impaired community of the United States and provide another means to help people with visual impairments live more independently.  Thank you for this opportunity.

 

Sincerely,

Harry Cohen

Harry@...


Re: NVDA Group

Dave Mitchel
 

Doug,
if you are like me I’m tired of giving bunches of money to Jaws when there is a free screen reader out there. I’ve been giving them money since JFW came out and was using jaws for DOS before that. I’m ready for free. lol
 
 

From: Doug Sloan
Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 8:45 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA Group
 

Dave you’re just like me I to have NVDA loaded but not a clue on how to use it

 

Cheers

Doug 26-08-2019

 

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Dave Mitchel
Sent: Monday, August 26, 2019 1:41 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA Group

 

people like me...I need to start at the very beginning. lol I have NVDA loaded but not a real clue as to how to use it. too used to jaws I think.

 

 

From: Mike B

Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 8:33 PM

To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA Group

 

Yes, I believe the same way.  Holy crap, we agree!  LOL  LOL 

 

Put simply, the people that are asking the beginner questions are already on other lists like this one asking their NVDA questions, so the word will spread quickly.


Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go dodgers!
I believe that everything happens for a reason. Usually, the reason is that somebody screwed up.

----- Original Message -----

From: Gene

To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 8:14 PM

Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA Group

 

Another reason I was hesitant is that the owner of the very large NVDA list, told me I couldn't announce the list there but I think there will be enough publicity to attract a good number of people.  I wasn't sure if we could get enough members and experienced ones but I think the coverage it will get on other lists and in places that inform people of such things should be enough.

 

Gene

----- Original Message -----

From: Gene

Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 10:04 PM

To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA Group

 

I will publicize the list and others will.  I think it will probably do well. 

 

I wasn't sure if it was necessary since there may be enough knowledgeable people on this list and on TechTalk to answer questions but it would probably be of use to have an NVDA list for beginner and inexperienced users. 

I was thinking of starting it and this discussion has pretty well decided me.  I'll probably announce it in the next few days.

 

Gene

----- Original Message -----

From: Mike B

Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 9:25 PM

To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA Group

 

I think there was a slight misunderstanding with my last post.  LOL  LOL 

 

What I said, in different words, you will most definitely get the knowledgeable NVDA users you would like to have on the list that can and will answer the questions that beginner users will be asking.  I also think they'll also answer the questions using lamens terms knowing this list is for beginners.  I think this list will be a winner!


Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go dodgers!
I believe that everything happens for a reason. Usually, the reason is that somebody screwed up.

----- Original Message -----

From: Gene

To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 6:53 PM

Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA Group

 

I hope not.  I think it will get enough interest in various places that enough people will probably join.

 

Gene

----- Original Message -----

From: Mike B

Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 8:33 PM

To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA Group

 

I don't think you would have any problems at all with getting the knowledgeable users you're wanting.


Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go dodgers!
I believe that everything happens for a reason. Usually, the reason is that somebody screwed up.

----- Original Message -----

From: Gene

To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 6:14 PM

Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA Group

 

I hope that if I set one up, it will attract enough knowledgeable users to answer beginners and less experienced users' questions well. 

 

Gene

----- Original Message -----

From: Mike B

Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 8:03 PM

To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA Group

 

Hi Gene,

 

It sure would be nice to have a NVDA list for NVDA beginners.  The current list uses advanced computer language that's tough for novice NVDA users that haven't had computer training let alone for people that are just beginning to use computers with NVDA.


Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go dodgers!
I believe that everything happens for a reason. Usually, the reason is that somebody screwed up.

----- Original Message -----

From: Gene

To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 3:47 PM

Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA Group

 

I don't know of one for beginners.  I'm considering starting one.  The NVDA users' list, the only one I know of that is an English list, is

nvda+subscribe@nvda.groups.io

 

Gene

----- Original Message -----

From: Mike B

Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 5:39 PM

To: TechTalk

Subject: [TechTalk] NVDA Group

 

Howdy All,

 

What is the subscription email address or URL to subscribe to the NVDA list for NVDA beginners?  Thanks mooy moocho.


Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go dodgers!
I believe that everything happens for a reason. Usually, the reason is that somebody screwed up.


Re: NVDA Group

Doug Sloan
 

Dave you’re just like me I to have NVDA loaded but not a clue on how to use it

 

Cheers

Doug 26-08-2019

 

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Dave Mitchel
Sent: Monday, August 26, 2019 1:41 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA Group

 

people like me...I need to start at the very beginning. lol I have NVDA loaded but not a real clue as to how to use it. too used to jaws I think.

 

 

From: Mike B

Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 8:33 PM

Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA Group

 

Yes, I believe the same way.  Holy crap, we agree!  LOL  LOL 

 

Put simply, the people that are asking the beginner questions are already on other lists like this one asking their NVDA questions, so the word will spread quickly.


Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go dodgers!
I believe that everything happens for a reason. Usually, the reason is that somebody screwed up.

----- Original Message -----

From: Gene

Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 8:14 PM

Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA Group

 

Another reason I was hesitant is that the owner of the very large NVDA list, told me I couldn't announce the list there but I think there will be enough publicity to attract a good number of people.  I wasn't sure if we could get enough members and experienced ones but I think the coverage it will get on other lists and in places that inform people of such things should be enough.

 

Gene

----- Original Message -----

From: Gene

Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 10:04 PM

Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA Group

 

I will publicize the list and others will.  I think it will probably do well. 

 

I wasn't sure if it was necessary since there may be enough knowledgeable people on this list and on TechTalk to answer questions but it would probably be of use to have an NVDA list for beginner and inexperienced users. 

I was thinking of starting it and this discussion has pretty well decided me.  I'll probably announce it in the next few days.

 

Gene

----- Original Message -----

From: Mike B

Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 9:25 PM

Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA Group

 

I think there was a slight misunderstanding with my last post.  LOL  LOL 

 

What I said, in different words, you will most definitely get the knowledgeable NVDA users you would like to have on the list that can and will answer the questions that beginner users will be asking.  I also think they'll also answer the questions using lamens terms knowing this list is for beginners.  I think this list will be a winner!


Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go dodgers!
I believe that everything happens for a reason. Usually, the reason is that somebody screwed up.

----- Original Message -----

From: Gene

Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 6:53 PM

Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA Group

 

I hope not.  I think it will get enough interest in various places that enough people will probably join.

 

Gene

----- Original Message -----

From: Mike B

Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 8:33 PM

Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA Group

 

I don't think you would have any problems at all with getting the knowledgeable users you're wanting.


Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go dodgers!
I believe that everything happens for a reason. Usually, the reason is that somebody screwed up.

----- Original Message -----

From: Gene

Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 6:14 PM

Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA Group

 

I hope that if I set one up, it will attract enough knowledgeable users to answer beginners and less experienced users' questions well. 

 

Gene

----- Original Message -----

From: Mike B

Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 8:03 PM

Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA Group

 

Hi Gene,

 

It sure would be nice to have a NVDA list for NVDA beginners.  The current list uses advanced computer language that's tough for novice NVDA users that haven't had computer training let alone for people that are just beginning to use computers with NVDA.


Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go dodgers!
I believe that everything happens for a reason. Usually, the reason is that somebody screwed up.

----- Original Message -----

From: Gene

Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 3:47 PM

Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA Group

 

I don't know of one for beginners.  I'm considering starting one.  The NVDA users' list, the only one I know of that is an English list, is

 

Gene

----- Original Message -----

From: Mike B

Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 5:39 PM

To: TechTalk

Subject: [TechTalk] NVDA Group

 

Howdy All,

 

What is the subscription email address or URL to subscribe to the NVDA list for NVDA beginners?  Thanks mooy moocho.


Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go dodgers!
I believe that everything happens for a reason. Usually, the reason is that somebody screwed up.


Re: NVDA Group

Dave Mitchel
 

people like me...I need to start at the very beginning. lol I have NVDA loaded but not a real clue as to how to use it. too used to jaws I think.
 
 

From: Mike B
Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 8:33 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA Group
 
Yes, I believe the same way.  Holy crap, we agree!  LOL  LOL 
 
Put simply, the people that are asking the beginner questions are already on other lists like this one asking their NVDA questions, so the word will spread quickly.

Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go dodgers!
I believe that everything happens for a reason. Usually, the reason is that somebody screwed up.
----- Original Message -----
From: Gene
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 8:14 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA Group

Another reason I was hesitant is that the owner of the very large NVDA list, told me I couldn't announce the list there but I think there will be enough publicity to attract a good number of people.  I wasn't sure if we could get enough members and experienced ones but I think the coverage it will get on other lists and in places that inform people of such things should be enough.
 
Gene
----- Original Message -----
From: Gene
Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 10:04 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA Group
 
I will publicize the list and others will.  I think it will probably do well. 
 
I wasn't sure if it was necessary since there may be enough knowledgeable people on this list and on TechTalk to answer questions but it would probably be of use to have an NVDA list for beginner and inexperienced users. 
I was thinking of starting it and this discussion has pretty well decided me.  I'll probably announce it in the next few days.
 
Gene
----- Original Message -----
From: Mike B
Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 9:25 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA Group
 
I think there was a slight misunderstanding with my last post.  LOL  LOL 
 
What I said, in different words, you will most definitely get the knowledgeable NVDA users you would like to have on the list that can and will answer the questions that beginner users will be asking.  I also think they'll also answer the questions using lamens terms knowing this list is for beginners.  I think this list will be a winner!

Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go dodgers!
I believe that everything happens for a reason. Usually, the reason is that somebody screwed up.
----- Original Message -----
From: Gene
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 6:53 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA Group

I hope not.  I think it will get enough interest in various places that enough people will probably join.
 
Gene
----- Original Message -----
From: Mike B
Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 8:33 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA Group

I don't think you would have any problems at all with getting the knowledgeable users you're wanting.

Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go dodgers!
I believe that everything happens for a reason. Usually, the reason is that somebody screwed up.
----- Original Message -----
From: Gene
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 6:14 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA Group

I hope that if I set one up, it will attract enough knowledgeable users to answer beginners and less experienced users' questions well. 
 
Gene
----- Original Message -----
From: Mike B
Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 8:03 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA Group
 
Hi Gene,
 
It sure would be nice to have a NVDA list for NVDA beginners.  The current list uses advanced computer language that's tough for novice NVDA users that haven't had computer training let alone for people that are just beginning to use computers with NVDA.

Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go dodgers!
I believe that everything happens for a reason. Usually, the reason is that somebody screwed up.
----- Original Message -----
From: Gene
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 3:47 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA Group
 
I don't know of one for beginners.  I'm considering starting one.  The NVDA users' list, the only one I know of that is an English list, is
nvda+subscribe@nvda.groups.io
 
Gene
----- Original Message -----
From: Mike B
Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 5:39 PM
To: TechTalk
Subject: [TechTalk] NVDA Group
 
Howdy All,
 
What is the subscription email address or URL to subscribe to the NVDA list for NVDA beginners?  Thanks mooy moocho.

Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go dodgers!
I believe that everything happens for a reason. Usually, the reason is that somebody screwed up.


Re: Talking Thermostats.com Closing

Mike B.
 


Hi TerryLynne,
 
What a shame!  Thanks for posting this message.  Out of curiosity, how or where did this message come from?  I'm not challenging its validity, but I've purchased several Talking Thermostats over the last several years from Harry and I haven't received an email about anything.

Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go dodgers!
I believe that everything happens for a reason. Usually, the reason is that somebody screwed up.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 4:51 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] Talking Thermostats.com Closing

Talking Thermostats.com

P.O. Box 27145  ●  Golden Valley, MN  55427  ●  Tel  (763) 591-9557  ●  Fax  (763) 544-7166

 

Dear friends of the Blind and Visually Impaired Community,

 

My name is Harry Cohen and my company, Talking Thermostats.com has supplied many of you with talking thermostats and excellent customer service over the past sixteen years.  I am writing to inform you that as of this date we will be exiting the talking thermostat business and closing our company. 

 

This was a difficult decision to make.  We were helped with this decision by the manufacturer, BuyMax Alliance who is also our supplier of the VIP talking thermostat.  Because of poor inventory control by our supplier, their stock of talking thermostats was depleted in January of this year.  In addition, our supplier changed to a new electronic assembly vendor in China.  Both of these issues by our supplier have caused very long lead times resulting in a stock out condition of thermostats not only for our company but also for our competitors.  All the VIP talking thermostats come from the same factory in China.

 

We have not had thermostats to ship since February.  BuyMax Alliance told us we would have thermostats in April.  Then they changed the delivery to the end of July.  It is now the third week of August and still no thermostats.  During these six plus months, we still offered customer and technical support even though there was no income being generated.  Without income, we can no longer afford to pay rent, keep the lights on and keep the phones active.   Therefore, we are closing up shop.

 

With the closure of our business, product questions and warranty issues now revert back to BuyMax Alliance, the VIP 3000 manufacturer / supplier.  BuyMax Alliance can be reached at 866-936-6622.

 

Over the past sixteen years this business has given me the opportunity to establish relationships with the blind and visually impaired community of the United States and provide another means to help people with visual impairments live more independently.  Thank you for this opportunity.

 

Sincerely,

Harry Cohen

Harry@...


Re: NVDA Group

Mike B.
 

Yes, I believe the same way.  Holy crap, we agree!  LOL  LOL 
 
Put simply, the people that are asking the beginner questions are already on other lists like this one asking their NVDA questions, so the word will spread quickly.

Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go dodgers!
I believe that everything happens for a reason. Usually, the reason is that somebody screwed up.

----- Original Message -----
From: Gene
Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 8:14 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA Group

Another reason I was hesitant is that the owner of the very large NVDA list, told me I couldn't announce the list there but I think there will be enough publicity to attract a good number of people.  I wasn't sure if we could get enough members and experienced ones but I think the coverage it will get on other lists and in places that inform people of such things should be enough.
 
Gene
----- Original Message -----
From: Gene
Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 10:04 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA Group

I will publicize the list and others will.  I think it will probably do well. 
 
I wasn't sure if it was necessary since there may be enough knowledgeable people on this list and on TechTalk to answer questions but it would probably be of use to have an NVDA list for beginner and inexperienced users. 
I was thinking of starting it and this discussion has pretty well decided me.  I'll probably announce it in the next few days.
 
Gene
----- Original Message -----
From: Mike B
Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 9:25 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA Group

I think there was a slight misunderstanding with my last post.  LOL  LOL 
 
What I said, in different words, you will most definitely get the knowledgeable NVDA users you would like to have on the list that can and will answer the questions that beginner users will be asking.  I also think they'll also answer the questions using lamens terms knowing this list is for beginners.  I think this list will be a winner!

Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go dodgers!
I believe that everything happens for a reason. Usually, the reason is that somebody screwed up.
----- Original Message -----
From: Gene
Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 6:53 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA Group

I hope not.  I think it will get enough interest in various places that enough people will probably join.
 
Gene
----- Original Message -----
From: Mike B
Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 8:33 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA Group

I don't think you would have any problems at all with getting the knowledgeable users you're wanting.

Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go dodgers!
I believe that everything happens for a reason. Usually, the reason is that somebody screwed up.
----- Original Message -----
From: Gene
Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 6:14 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA Group

I hope that if I set one up, it will attract enough knowledgeable users to answer beginners and less experienced users' questions well. 
 
Gene
----- Original Message -----
From: Mike B
Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 8:03 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA Group

Hi Gene,
 
It sure would be nice to have a NVDA list for NVDA beginners.  The current list uses advanced computer language that's tough for novice NVDA users that haven't had computer training let alone for people that are just beginning to use computers with NVDA.

Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go dodgers!
I believe that everything happens for a reason. Usually, the reason is that somebody screwed up.
----- Original Message -----
From: Gene
Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 3:47 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA Group

I don't know of one for beginners.  I'm considering starting one.  The NVDA users' list, the only one I know of that is an English list, is
 
Gene
----- Original Message -----
From: Mike B
Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 5:39 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] NVDA Group

Howdy All,
 
What is the subscription email address or URL to subscribe to the NVDA list for NVDA beginners?  Thanks mooy moocho.

Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go dodgers!
I believe that everything happens for a reason. Usually, the reason is that somebody screwed up.


Re: NVDA Group

Gene
 

Another reason I was hesitant is that the owner of the very large NVDA list, told me I couldn't announce the list there but I think there will be enough publicity to attract a good number of people.  I wasn't sure if we could get enough members and experienced ones but I think the coverage it will get on other lists and in places that inform people of such things should be enough.
 
Gene

----- Original Message -----
From: Gene
Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 10:04 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA Group

I will publicize the list and others will.  I think it will probably do well. 
 
I wasn't sure if it was necessary since there may be enough knowledgeable people on this list and on TechTalk to answer questions but it would probably be of use to have an NVDA list for beginner and inexperienced users. 
I was thinking of starting it and this discussion has pretty well decided me.  I'll probably announce it in the next few days.
 
Gene
----- Original Message -----
From: Mike B
Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 9:25 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA Group

I think there was a slight misunderstanding with my last post.  LOL  LOL 
 
What I said, in different words, you will most definitely get the knowledgeable NVDA users you would like to have on the list that can and will answer the questions that beginner users will be asking.  I also think they'll also answer the questions using lamens terms knowing this list is for beginners.  I think this list will be a winner!

Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go dodgers!
I believe that everything happens for a reason. Usually, the reason is that somebody screwed up.
----- Original Message -----
From: Gene
Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 6:53 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA Group

I hope not.  I think it will get enough interest in various places that enough people will probably join.
 
Gene
----- Original Message -----
From: Mike B
Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 8:33 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA Group

I don't think you would have any problems at all with getting the knowledgeable users you're wanting.

Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go dodgers!
I believe that everything happens for a reason. Usually, the reason is that somebody screwed up.
----- Original Message -----
From: Gene
Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 6:14 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA Group

I hope that if I set one up, it will attract enough knowledgeable users to answer beginners and less experienced users' questions well. 
 
Gene
----- Original Message -----
From: Mike B
Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 8:03 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA Group

Hi Gene,
 
It sure would be nice to have a NVDA list for NVDA beginners.  The current list uses advanced computer language that's tough for novice NVDA users that haven't had computer training let alone for people that are just beginning to use computers with NVDA.

Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go dodgers!
I believe that everything happens for a reason. Usually, the reason is that somebody screwed up.
----- Original Message -----
From: Gene
Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 3:47 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA Group

I don't know of one for beginners.  I'm considering starting one.  The NVDA users' list, the only one I know of that is an English list, is
 
Gene
----- Original Message -----
From: Mike B
Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 5:39 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] NVDA Group

Howdy All,
 
What is the subscription email address or URL to subscribe to the NVDA list for NVDA beginners?  Thanks mooy moocho.

Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go dodgers!
I believe that everything happens for a reason. Usually, the reason is that somebody screwed up.


Re: NVDA Group

Gene
 

I will publicize the list and others will.  I think it will probably do well. 
 
I wasn't sure if it was necessary since there may be enough knowledgeable people on this list and on TechTalk to answer questions but it would probably be of use to have an NVDA list for beginner and inexperienced users. 
I was thinking of starting it and this discussion has pretty well decided me.  I'll probably announce it in the next few days.
 
Gene

----- Original Message -----
From: Mike B
Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 9:25 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA Group

I think there was a slight misunderstanding with my last post.  LOL  LOL 
 
What I said, in different words, you will most definitely get the knowledgeable NVDA users you would like to have on the list that can and will answer the questions that beginner users will be asking.  I also think they'll also answer the questions using lamens terms knowing this list is for beginners.  I think this list will be a winner!

Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go dodgers!
I believe that everything happens for a reason. Usually, the reason is that somebody screwed up.
----- Original Message -----
From: Gene
Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 6:53 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA Group

I hope not.  I think it will get enough interest in various places that enough people will probably join.
 
Gene
----- Original Message -----
From: Mike B
Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 8:33 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA Group

I don't think you would have any problems at all with getting the knowledgeable users you're wanting.

Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go dodgers!
I believe that everything happens for a reason. Usually, the reason is that somebody screwed up.
----- Original Message -----
From: Gene
Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 6:14 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA Group

I hope that if I set one up, it will attract enough knowledgeable users to answer beginners and less experienced users' questions well. 
 
Gene
----- Original Message -----
From: Mike B
Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 8:03 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA Group

Hi Gene,
 
It sure would be nice to have a NVDA list for NVDA beginners.  The current list uses advanced computer language that's tough for novice NVDA users that haven't had computer training let alone for people that are just beginning to use computers with NVDA.

Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go dodgers!
I believe that everything happens for a reason. Usually, the reason is that somebody screwed up.
----- Original Message -----
From: Gene
Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 3:47 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA Group

I don't know of one for beginners.  I'm considering starting one.  The NVDA users' list, the only one I know of that is an English list, is
 
Gene
----- Original Message -----
From: Mike B
Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 5:39 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] NVDA Group

Howdy All,
 
What is the subscription email address or URL to subscribe to the NVDA list for NVDA beginners?  Thanks mooy moocho.

Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go dodgers!
I believe that everything happens for a reason. Usually, the reason is that somebody screwed up.


Re: excel heading question

Quentin Christensen
 

Hi Keith,


Set column headers NVDA+shift+c Pressing this once tells NVDA this is the first header cell in the row that contains column headers, which should be automatically announced when moving between columns below this row. Pressing twice will clear the setting.

Set row headers NVDA+shift+r Pressing this once tells NVDA this is the first header cell in the column that contains row headers, which should be automatically announced when moving between rows after this column. Pressing twice will clear the setting.

You might also be interested in the "Microsoft Excel with NVDA" training material, available from the NV Access shop: https://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Sun, Aug 25, 2019 at 7:59 PM Keith S <ks.steinbach03@...> wrote:
Is there a way to get excel to voice the header for columns and rows?
 
or, rather, is there a way to label said x and y axies in excel?
 
Thanks
 
Keith



--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager


Re: NVDA Group

Mike B.
 

I think there was a slight misunderstanding with my last post.  LOL  LOL 
 
What I said, in different words, you will most definitely get the knowledgeable NVDA users you would like to have on the list that can and will answer the questions that beginner users will be asking.  I also think they'll also answer the questions using lamens terms knowing this list is for beginners.  I think this list will be a winner!

Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go dodgers!
I believe that everything happens for a reason. Usually, the reason is that somebody screwed up.

----- Original Message -----
From: Gene
Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 6:53 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA Group

I hope not.  I think it will get enough interest in various places that enough people will probably join.
 
Gene
----- Original Message -----
From: Mike B
Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 8:33 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA Group

I don't think you would have any problems at all with getting the knowledgeable users you're wanting.

Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go dodgers!
I believe that everything happens for a reason. Usually, the reason is that somebody screwed up.
----- Original Message -----
From: Gene
Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 6:14 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA Group

I hope that if I set one up, it will attract enough knowledgeable users to answer beginners and less experienced users' questions well. 
 
Gene
----- Original Message -----
From: Mike B
Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 8:03 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA Group

Hi Gene,
 
It sure would be nice to have a NVDA list for NVDA beginners.  The current list uses advanced computer language that's tough for novice NVDA users that haven't had computer training let alone for people that are just beginning to use computers with NVDA.

Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go dodgers!
I believe that everything happens for a reason. Usually, the reason is that somebody screwed up.
----- Original Message -----
From: Gene
Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 3:47 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA Group

I don't know of one for beginners.  I'm considering starting one.  The NVDA users' list, the only one I know of that is an English list, is
 
Gene
----- Original Message -----
From: Mike B
Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 5:39 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] NVDA Group

Howdy All,
 
What is the subscription email address or URL to subscribe to the NVDA list for NVDA beginners?  Thanks mooy moocho.

Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go dodgers!
I believe that everything happens for a reason. Usually, the reason is that somebody screwed up.


Re: NVDA Group

Gene
 

I hope not.  I think it will get enough interest in various places that enough people will probably join.
 
Gene

----- Original Message -----
From: Mike B
Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 8:33 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA Group

I don't think you would have any problems at all with getting the knowledgeable users you're wanting.

Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go dodgers!
I believe that everything happens for a reason. Usually, the reason is that somebody screwed up.
----- Original Message -----
From: Gene
Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 6:14 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA Group

I hope that if I set one up, it will attract enough knowledgeable users to answer beginners and less experienced users' questions well. 
 
Gene
----- Original Message -----
From: Mike B
Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 8:03 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA Group

Hi Gene,
 
It sure would be nice to have a NVDA list for NVDA beginners.  The current list uses advanced computer language that's tough for novice NVDA users that haven't had computer training let alone for people that are just beginning to use computers with NVDA.

Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go dodgers!
I believe that everything happens for a reason. Usually, the reason is that somebody screwed up.
----- Original Message -----
From: Gene
Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 3:47 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA Group

I don't know of one for beginners.  I'm considering starting one.  The NVDA users' list, the only one I know of that is an English list, is
 
Gene
----- Original Message -----
From: Mike B
Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 5:39 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] NVDA Group

Howdy All,
 
What is the subscription email address or URL to subscribe to the NVDA list for NVDA beginners?  Thanks mooy moocho.

Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go dodgers!
I believe that everything happens for a reason. Usually, the reason is that somebody screwed up.


Re: NVDA Group

Gene
 

Thank you.
 
Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 8:27 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA Group

Gene,
Count me in. I'm not the most expert on NVDA but not a newbie with things either :)

Also, Brian Gaff (I think that's his name) probably will be interested on participating as well.

Cheers,
Marcio AKA Starboy

Sent from a galaxy far, far away.

--
Are you a Thunderbird user? Then join the Thunderbird mailing list to help and be helped with all Thunderbird things - questions, features, add-ons and much more!

Gene wrote:
I hope that if I set one up, it will attract enough knowledgeable users to answer beginners and less experienced users' questions well. 
 
Gene


Re: Request: Recommendations For Good High Capacity Router

Rob Hudson
 

George McCoy" <slr1bpz@charter.net> wrote:
Are they at it again? They paid a huge fine a few years back for doing
that.
They are indeed. I've heard the same story from several different guys this year in various parts of the country.


Re: Request: Recommendations For Good High Capacity Router

George McCoy <slr1bpz@...>
 

Are they at it again?  They paid a huge fine a few years back for doing that.


George

On 8/25/2019 4:42 PM, Rob Hudson wrote:
Olusegun -- Victory Associates LTD, Inc. <ukekearuaro@valtdnet.com> wrote:
DJ, we think alike. I will never pay an ISP for a modem rental. They
typically would try to confuse and convince one to rent a modem/router; oh,
we can't fitx it if it doesn't work, we can't provide tech support, etc.
Some of them won't even allow you to activate it. I know Spectrum/Charter and Comcast are cracking down on people providing their own modems. If the mac address is not recognized, the modem will be nonfunctioning. And if you call about it, they will ask if the modem is one of theirs. When you say no, they say, too bad, get one of ours, or no internet.

18001 - 18020 of 100688