Date   

Re: BlindShell Classic

Monte Single
 

Is AARP an association of retired persons?

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Carolyn Arnold
Sent: April-04-20 5:32 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] BlindShell Classic

I believe 50 qualifies you for AARP membership. You get a card, and it would have a number on it, which you would give to Consumer Cellular.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Abbie Taylor
Sent: Saturday, April 4, 2020 3:22 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] BlindShell Classic

Thank you, Carolyn, for the tip about AARP. I'm only 58. So, I don't think I'd qualify. Give me a couple of years. Meanwhile, I'm still looking forward to purchasing this phone.

One other question came up just this morning. I make a lot of conference calls. During one such meeting this morning, I found out that a friend of a friend can't make such a call on her cell phone without pay 1 cent per minute. Has anyone noticed this issue with AT&T?

I doubt this would be a game-changer. Normally, I can't make these calls with Vforizon because I only have 700 minutes per month. Since I don't have a land line and don't see the need for one, I have a yearly plan with Skype that allows me to make these calls. So, even if I can't make these calls with AT&T, I'd still be paying almost half of what I'm paying Verizon now with unlimited talking to boot.
--



Abbie Johnson Taylor, Author https://abbiescorner.wordpress.com

http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com

abbietaylor945@gmail.com


Re: BlindShell Classic

Carolyn Arnold
 

Oh no, you don't want just 250, get the unlimited talk and
text.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io
[mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of joseph hudson
Sent: Saturday, April 4, 2020 3:37 PM
To: main@techtalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] BlindShell Classic

That would be correct because of the taxes and surcharges.
On Apr 3, 2020, at 5:33 PM, Donald Roberts
<donald_roberts_99@hotmail.com> wrote:

Possibly I missed something earlier in this thread.
However, I called Consumer Cellular earlier today and asked
about the plan with 250 talk minutes and 500 megs of data
and was told that this plan was $20 per month. So either
things have changed or the salesman with whom I spoke wanted
a bigger commission. I sure wish I could get to the bottom
of this.



Don Roberts



On 4/3/2020 1:38 PM, joseph hudson wrote:
Yes you're probably right, but for somebody who is only
wanting to use the phone for possibly looking at email and
talking and texting 5 MB will be just fine.


joseph hudson

Technology support for the blind or better known as Mack,
IOS and
Windows support

FaceTime, iMessage, and email


jhud7789@twc.com


Telephone/what's up messenger

254-300-7667

Emergency cell

254-813-2461

Twitter

https://twitter.com/josephhudson89


Facebook


https://www.facebook.com/joseph.hudson.9404



On Apr 3, 2020, at 9:02 AM, Ron Canazzi
<aa2vm@roadrunner.com>
wrote:

Hi Ann,

If Joseph meant mega bytes, he said 5 MB, that's not
very much data for one month. If you streamed one song,
that would be it.


On 4/3/2020 8:05 AM, Ann Parsons wrote:

Hi all,

No, you mean MB for Megabytes, not millibars.
Millibars are gradations of air pressure. It's the same
abbreviation so it's comfusing, but you mean megabytes.

Ann P.


Original message:

Hi Ron, no typo here. 500 mbar is a plan from the
phone carrier that I have.

On Apr 2, 2020, at 2:33 PM, Ron Canazzi
<aa2vm@roadrunner.com>
wrote:

HI Monte,

Joseph's reference was to cell phone provider
features. I would have expected the information to be
something like: Unlimited talk and text plus 1 GB data per
month.

He referenced this MbAR instead. That doesn't make
sense--unless either there's some way of measuring data that
I'm not aware of or it was a typo.
On 4/2/2020 11:02 AM, Monte Single wrote:

I think millibars is a metric measure of barometrid,
or air, pressure.
Now, landlubbers may not be as familiar with this as
me maties, arrrrrrr.

-----Original Message-----
From:
main@TechTalk.groups.io
[mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io ] On
Behalf Of Ron Canazzi
Sent: April-02-20 5:41 AM
To:
main@TechTalk.groups.io

Subject: Re: [TechTalk] BlindShell Classic

Hi Joseph,

You wrote:

...I recommend getting the I am from a company
called consumer Sellier if it all possible in your area.
They have a plan just for five bucks a month that will give
you 5 mbar and unlimited text and talk which will be more
than enough for this phone. ...

What is 5 mbar?
On 4/2/2020 12:59 AM, joseph hudson wrote:

Hello, you don't even need one gig of data in order
to run that phone. It all depends on how often you're going
to use it for listening to YouTube and stuff like that. I am
only used .20 MB at the most with the phone. I recommend
getting the I am from a company called consumer Sellier if
it all possible in your area. They have a plan just for five
bucks a month that will give you 5 mbar and unlimited text
and talk which will be more than enough for this phone. And
if anybody decides to do this offer, please contact me as I
will give you an additional $10 off of your first month just
by giving you a referral. If you've never been with this
company before.

On Apr 1, 2020, at 1:45 PM, Abbie Taylor
<abbietaylor945@gmail.com>
wrote:

I'm also considering purchasing the Blind Shell
Classic phone.
Mystic Access now offers a free tutorial that can
be downloaded from their site at http://www.mysticaccess.com
. You'll need to search for the product, and you'll find the
link to download the tutorial on the product page. They also
did a free class in February on the subject, and you'll find
a recording of that on the free downloads page.

Mystic Access is now distributing the phone.
What's more, for an extra $19 set-up fee, they'll activate
the phone with a network that uses the A T and T tower. This
network only charges $20 a month for unlimited talking and
texting and 1 gig of data. The down side is that you have to
install the battery and sim card, which is something I've
never done with a cell phone, and I'm not particularly
mechanically inclined. Otherwise, it's a good deal.
--

Abbie Johnson Taylor, Author
https://abbiescorner.wordpress.com
http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com
abbietaylor945@gmail.com






--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"
I Say: "I'm as happy as a stow away chimpanzee on a
banana boat!"



--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"
I Say: "I'm as happy as a stow away chimpanzee on a
banana boat!"






Re: BlindShell Classic

Carolyn Arnold
 

I think you can get cheaper plans with AT&T and Verizon, but
you get reduced Internet.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io
[mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of joseph hudson
Sent: Saturday, April 4, 2020 3:33 PM
To: main@techtalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] BlindShell Classic

When I had AT&T, I did not notice this at all. So I wonder
if this is something this is recently just changed.


joseph hudson

Technology support for the blind or better known as Mack,
IOS and Windows support

FaceTime, iMessage, and email

jhud7789@twc.com

Telephone/what's up messenger

254-300-7667

Emergency cell

254-813-2461

Twitter
https://twitter.com/josephhudson89

Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/joseph.hudson.9404

On Apr 4, 2020, at 2:22 PM, Abbie Taylor
<abbietaylor945@gmail.com> wrote:

Thank you, Carolyn, for the tip about AARP. I'm only 58.
So, I don't think I'd qualify. Give me a couple of years.
Meanwhile, I'm still looking forward to purchasing this
phone.

One other question came up just this morning. I make a lot
of conference calls. During one such meeting this morning, I
found out that a friend of a friend can't make such a call
on her cell phone without pay 1 cent per minute. Has anyone
noticed this issue with AT&T?

I doubt this would be a game-changer. Normally, I can't
make these calls with Vforizon because I only have 700
minutes per month. Since I don't have a land line and don't
see the need for one, I have a yearly plan with Skype that
allows me to make these calls. So, even if I can't make
these calls with AT&T, I'd still be paying almost half of
what I'm paying Verizon now with unlimited talking to boot.
--

Abbie Johnson Taylor, Author
https://abbiescorner.wordpress.com
http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com
abbietaylor945@gmail.com


Re: BlindShell Classic

Carolyn Arnold
 

I believe 50 qualifies you for AARP membership. You get a card, and it would have a number on it, which you would give to Consumer Cellular.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Abbie Taylor
Sent: Saturday, April 4, 2020 3:22 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] BlindShell Classic

Thank you, Carolyn, for the tip about AARP. I'm only 58. So, I don't think I'd qualify. Give me a couple of years. Meanwhile, I'm still looking forward to purchasing this phone.

One other question came up just this morning. I make a lot of conference calls. During one such meeting this morning, I found out that a friend of a friend can't make such a call on her cell phone without pay 1 cent per minute. Has anyone noticed this issue with AT&T?

I doubt this would be a game-changer. Normally, I can't make these calls with Vforizon because I only have 700 minutes per month. Since I don't have a land line and don't see the need for one, I have a yearly plan with Skype that allows me to make these calls. So, even if I can't make these calls with AT&T, I'd still be paying almost half of what I'm paying Verizon now with unlimited talking to boot.
--



Abbie Johnson Taylor, Author https://abbiescorner.wordpress.com

http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com

abbietaylor945@gmail.com


Re: Facebook Question

joseph hudson <jhud7789@...>
 

Shelly, I gave you the instructions for the phone for Facebook last night did you not see my reply? If not let me know or if there's something that you don't understand please give me a call and I will help you.


joseph hudson

Technology support for the blind or better known as Mack, IOS and Windows support

FaceTime, iMessage, and email

jhud7789@twc.com

Telephone/what's up messenger

254-300-7667

Emergency cell

254-813-2461

Twitter
https://twitter.com/josephhudson89

Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/joseph.hudson.9404

On Apr 4, 2020, at 6:10 PM, Shelly Kane <shellykane323@gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks for getting back to me. Honestly, I am on the phone more than the computer. Do you know an easy to do it on the phone? Thanks in advance.

Shelly

On 4/4/2020 12:50 PM, Abbie Taylor wrote:
To do this on the PC, when you find the text you want to copy, make sure your cursor is at the beginning of the text. Press Shift Plus Down Arrow. This selects the text, and your screen reader should read the text being selected and tell you it's selected. When you reach the end of the text you want to select, press Control Plus C to copy. Go to your timeline and press Control Plus V to paste the text into the edit field where you write your post. If you need more help, you can email me off list.
--

Abbie Johnson Taylor, Author https://abbiescorner.wordpress.com
http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com
abbietaylor945@gmail.com


Re: Facebook Question

Shelly Kane
 

Thanks for getting back to me.  Honestly, I am on the phone more than the computer.  Do you know an easy to do it on the phone?  Thanks in advance.

Shelly

On 4/4/2020 12:50 PM, Abbie Taylor wrote:
To do this on the PC, when you find the text you want to copy, make sure your cursor is at the beginning of the text. Press Shift Plus Down Arrow. This selects the text, and your screen reader should read the text being selected and tell you it's selected. When you reach the end of the text you want to select, press Control Plus C to copy. Go to your timeline and press Control Plus V to paste the text into the edit field where you write your post. If you need more help, you can email me off list.
--


Abbie Johnson Taylor, Author https://abbiescorner.wordpress.com

http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com

abbietaylor945@...

 


Re: BlindShell Classic

Peter Spitz
 

Just FYI. You only need to be 50 to join AARP.

On 4/4/20, Abbie Taylor <abbietaylor945@gmail.com> wrote:
Thank you, Carolyn, for the tip about AARP. I'm only 58. So, I don't think
I'd qualify. Give me a couple of years. Meanwhile, I'm still looking forward
to purchasing this phone.

One other question came up just this morning. I make a lot of conference
calls. During one such meeting this morning, I found out that a friend of a
friend can't make such a call on her cell phone without pay 1 cent per
minute. Has anyone noticed this issue with AT&T?

I doubt this would be a game-changer. Normally, I can't make these calls
with Vforizon because I only have 700 minutes per month. Since I don't have
a land line and don't see the need for one, I have a yearly plan with Skype
that allows me to make these calls. So, even if I can't make these calls
with AT&T, I'd still be paying almost half of what I'm paying Verizon now
with unlimited talking to boot.
--

Abbie Johnson Taylor, Author https://abbiescorner.wordpress.com

http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com

abbietaylor945@gmail.com




Re: BlindShell Classic

joseph hudson <jhud7789@...>
 

That would be correct because of the taxes and surcharges.

On Apr 3, 2020, at 5:33 PM, Donald Roberts <donald_roberts_99@hotmail.com> wrote:

Possibly I missed something earlier in this thread. However, I called Consumer Cellular earlier today and asked about the plan with 250 talk minutes and 500 megs of data and was told that this plan was $20 per month. So either things have changed or the salesman with whom I spoke wanted a bigger commission. I sure wish I could get to the bottom of this.



Don Roberts



On 4/3/2020 1:38 PM, joseph hudson wrote:
Yes you're probably right, but for somebody who is only wanting to use the phone for possibly looking at email and talking and texting 5 MB will be just fine.


joseph hudson

Technology support for the blind or better known as Mack, IOS and Windows support

FaceTime, iMessage, and email


jhud7789@twc.com


Telephone/what's up messenger

254-300-7667

Emergency cell

254-813-2461

Twitter

https://twitter.com/josephhudson89


Facebook


https://www.facebook.com/joseph.hudson.9404



On Apr 3, 2020, at 9:02 AM, Ron Canazzi <aa2vm@roadrunner.com>
wrote:

Hi Ann,

If Joseph meant mega bytes, he said 5 MB, that's not very much data for one month. If you streamed one song, that would be it.


On 4/3/2020 8:05 AM, Ann Parsons wrote:

Hi all,

No, you mean MB for Megabytes, not millibars. Millibars are gradations of air pressure. It's the same abbreviation so it's comfusing, but you mean megabytes.

Ann P.


Original message:

Hi Ron, no typo here. 500 mbar is a plan from the phone carrier that I have.

On Apr 2, 2020, at 2:33 PM, Ron Canazzi <aa2vm@roadrunner.com>
wrote:

HI Monte,

Joseph's reference was to cell phone provider features. I would have expected the information to be something like: Unlimited talk and text plus 1 GB data per month.

He referenced this MbAR instead. That doesn't make sense--unless either there's some way of measuring data that I'm not aware of or it was a typo.
On 4/2/2020 11:02 AM, Monte Single wrote:

I think millibars is a metric measure of barometrid, or air, pressure.
Now, landlubbers may not be as familiar with this as me maties, arrrrrrr.

-----Original Message-----
From:
main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io
] On Behalf Of Ron Canazzi
Sent: April-02-20 5:41 AM
To:
main@TechTalk.groups.io

Subject: Re: [TechTalk] BlindShell Classic

Hi Joseph,

You wrote:

...I recommend getting the I am from a company called consumer Sellier if it all possible in your area. They have a plan just for five bucks a month that will give you 5 mbar and unlimited text and talk which will be more than enough for this phone. ...

What is 5 mbar?
On 4/2/2020 12:59 AM, joseph hudson wrote:

Hello, you don't even need one gig of data in order to run that phone. It all depends on how often you're going to use it for listening to YouTube and stuff like that. I am only used .20 MB at the most with the phone. I recommend getting the I am from a company called consumer Sellier if it all possible in your area. They have a plan just for five bucks a month that will give you 5 mbar and unlimited text and talk which will be more than enough for this phone. And if anybody decides to do this offer, please contact me as I will give you an additional $10 off of your first month just by giving you a referral. If you've never been with this company before.

On Apr 1, 2020, at 1:45 PM, Abbie Taylor <abbietaylor945@gmail.com>
wrote:

I'm also considering purchasing the Blind Shell Classic phone. Mystic Access now offers a free tutorial that can be downloaded from their site at http://www.mysticaccess.com
. You'll need to search for the product, and you'll find the link to download the tutorial on the product page. They also did a free class in February on the subject, and you'll find a recording of that on the free downloads page.

Mystic Access is now distributing the phone. What's more, for an extra $19 set-up fee, they'll activate the phone with a network that uses the A T and T tower. This network only charges $20 a month for unlimited talking and texting and 1 gig of data. The down side is that you have to install the battery and sim card, which is something I've never done with a cell phone, and I'm not particularly mechanically inclined. Otherwise, it's a good deal.
--

Abbie Johnson Taylor, Author https://abbiescorner.wordpress.com
http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com
abbietaylor945@gmail.com





--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"
I Say: "I'm as happy as a stow away chimpanzee on a banana boat!"



--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"
I Say: "I'm as happy as a stow away chimpanzee on a banana boat!"






Re: BlindShell Classic

joseph hudson <jhud7789@...>
 

When I had AT&T, I did not notice this at all. So I wonder if this is something this is recently just changed.


joseph hudson

Technology support for the blind or better known as Mack, IOS and Windows support

FaceTime, iMessage, and email

jhud7789@twc.com

Telephone/what's up messenger

254-300-7667

Emergency cell

254-813-2461

Twitter
https://twitter.com/josephhudson89

Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/joseph.hudson.9404

On Apr 4, 2020, at 2:22 PM, Abbie Taylor <abbietaylor945@gmail.com> wrote:

Thank you, Carolyn, for the tip about AARP. I'm only 58. So, I don't think I'd qualify. Give me a couple of years. Meanwhile, I'm still looking forward to purchasing this phone.

One other question came up just this morning. I make a lot of conference calls. During one such meeting this morning, I found out that a friend of a friend can't make such a call on her cell phone without pay 1 cent per minute. Has anyone noticed this issue with AT&T?

I doubt this would be a game-changer. Normally, I can't make these calls with Vforizon because I only have 700 minutes per month. Since I don't have a land line and don't see the need for one, I have a yearly plan with Skype that allows me to make these calls. So, even if I can't make these calls with AT&T, I'd still be paying almost half of what I'm paying Verizon now with unlimited talking to boot.
--

Abbie Johnson Taylor, Author https://abbiescorner.wordpress.com
http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com
abbietaylor945@gmail.com


Re: BlindShell Classic

Abbie Taylor
 

Thank you, Carolyn, for the tip about AARP. I'm only 58. So, I don't think I'd qualify. Give me a couple of years. Meanwhile, I'm still looking forward to purchasing this phone.
 
One other question came up just this morning. I make a lot of conference calls. During one such meeting this morning, I found out that a friend of a friend can't make such a call on her cell phone without pay 1 cent per minute. Has anyone noticed this issue with AT&T?
 
I doubt this would be a game-changer. Normally, I can't make these calls with Vforizon because I only have 700 minutes per month. Since I don't have a land line and don't see the need for one, I have a yearly plan with Skype that allows me to make these calls. So, even if I can't make these calls with AT&T, I'd still be paying almost half of what I'm paying Verizon now with unlimited talking to boot.  
--


Abbie Johnson Taylor, Author https://abbiescorner.wordpress.com

http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com

abbietaylor945@...

 


Re: inquiring minds want to know.

Gene
 

If the description I saw in Wikipedia is correct, that they are induction motors, They are used in refrigerators and I wouldn’t be surprised if they are used in other common applications.
 
Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, April 04, 2020 1:04 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] inquiring minds want to know.
 
What an odd offer! It's an induction  motor, usually operating on
three-phase electricity, which us mere mortals have absolutely nothing
to do with nor any need for. They're used in high-capacity applications
suchb as pumps and moving large objects like elevators.


On 4/4/2020 9:11 AM, Ann Parsons wrote:
> Morning all,
>
> I was just going through my junk folder and I keep seeing these offers
> for asynchronous motors.  Now, I know this is a totally weird, off the
> wall question, but what the heck is an asynchronous motor?   Of course
> I'm deleting the spam, but since I'm getting more and more like my cat
> everyday, curious, what on earth is it? Is it a figment of the
> imagination, or are their really asynchronous motors?   If the parts
> of the motor aren't syncked, wouldn't that prevent the motor from
> operating correctly?   Just something innocuous to think about when
> the rest of the world is going to hell in a hand basket.
>
> Ann P.



Re: Facebook Question

Abbie Taylor
 

To do this on the PC, when you find the text you want to copy, make sure your cursor is at the beginning of the text. Press Shift Plus Down Arrow. This selects the text, and your screen reader should read the text being selected and tell you it's selected. When you reach the end of the text you want to select, press Control Plus C to copy. Go to your timeline and press Control Plus V to paste the text into the edit field where you write your post. If you need more help, you can email me off list.
--


Abbie Johnson Taylor, Author https://abbiescorner.wordpress.com

http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com

abbietaylor945@...

 


Re: inquiring minds want to know.

Steve Matzura
 

What an odd offer! It's an induction  motor, usually operating on three-phase electricity, which us mere mortals have absolutely nothing to do with nor any need for. They're used in high-capacity applications suchb as pumps and moving large objects like elevators.

On 4/4/2020 9:11 AM, Ann Parsons wrote:
Morning all,

I was just going through my junk folder and I keep seeing these offers for asynchronous motors.  Now, I know this is a totally weird, off the wall question, but what the heck is an asynchronous motor?   Of course I'm deleting the spam, but since I'm getting more and more like my cat everyday, curious, what on earth is it? Is it a figment of the imagination, or are their really asynchronous motors?   If the parts of the motor aren't syncked, wouldn't that prevent the motor from operating correctly?   Just something innocuous to think about when the rest of the world is going to hell in a hand basket.

Ann P.


Re: inquiring minds want to know.

Karim Lakhani
 

I'm glad you brought this subject up.
I've never heard this word until your message.
sometimes google is not a friend when you have no knowledge of a word or
event.
thanks!

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ann
Parsons
Sent: Saturday, April 4, 2020 10:04 AM
To: main@techtalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] inquiring minds want to know.

Hi all,

Evan, thanks! I could and probably should have used google, but
getting a human response was half the fun of researching this weird topic.

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring
EMAIL: akp@sero.email
Author of The Demmies: http://www.dldbooks.com/annparsons/
Portal Tutoring web site: http://www.portaltutoring.info
Skype: Putertutor

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."


Re: A couple of GoldWave questions

Steven Johnson
 

It helped immensely Samuel.  Thank you.

 

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Samuel Wilkins
Sent: Saturday, April 4, 2020 1:46 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] A couple of GoldWave questions

 

Hello Steven, the auto trim has now been changed to Trim Silence.  To get to it, go to edit, the trim sub menu, and choose silence.  Alternatively, you can press control backspace to access the trim silence dialogue.  To change the rewind and fast forward speed, press F11 and you will find yourself on the play tab.  Shift tab to the rewind and fast forward edit boxes, and you can then change the settings to the speed you want.  Hope this helps. 

On 04/04/2020 01:01, Steven Johnson wrote:

Good day everyone.  I have a couple GoldWave questions for those of you who use it.  Where do I find the autotrim feature?  I have some sound files with a long silence at the end, and I remember that earlier versions would scan for silences at the beginning or end of files and remove them.  Also, I used to be able to make GoldWave rewind, fast forward and play even faster than the change of speed that you get with shift-L and shift-J.  It seemed that you could make GoldWave rewind up to 4 times faster than the fastest speed attained by doing shift-L a bunch of times to speed it up.  Thanks for your help.

-- 
Regards, 
 
Samuel Wilkins


Re: inquiring minds want to know.

Ann Parsons
 

Hi all,

Evan, thanks! I could and probably should have used google, but getting a human response was half the fun of researching this weird topic.

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring
EMAIL: akp@sero.email
Author of The Demmies: http://www.dldbooks.com/annparsons/
Portal Tutoring web site: http://www.portaltutoring.info
Skype: Putertutor

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."


Re: Sonos problem

Robin Frost
 

Hi,

I don't think you can. You can use airplay to play that which is on your phone through Sonos but I don't think you can get music resident on your phone to show up within the Sonos app. If I'm incorrect I'm sure others will chime in but this is the only way I've known it to be. o you're correct you can add the library you might have on a pc or networked drive as long as it's powered on it can be accessed but I do not believe the same holds true for the phone.

Take good care.

Robin


On 4/4/2020 6:39 AM, Fanus wrote:
Hello list
I loaded lots of music on my new iPhone 11. Now I installed the Sonos app
and it piciked up my sonos system but it just shows radio stations but no
music on my phone. In system settings there is an option to add folders but
one has to type a name, so I assume that is for folders on a pc which runs
sonos. How do I get sonos to see the music on my iPhone?
Regards
Fanus
 





Re: hard drive cloning

Gene
 

If I had a computer and I wanted more storage space, I would get a USB
external hard drive. You can just copy and paste all the material,
I'm talking about things like audio, video, documents, etc. to the
external drive and you can get terabite (spelling drives or larger.

Gene

On 4/4/20, Smiling? <blind7@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
You will need to get yourself a software that will successfully image your
one drive so you can then place this same data upon the new drive and then
you will most likely want to resize the drive after transferring your image
seeing as you stated that you were interested in going from a 500GB to a
1TB
drive.

I myself would use Image for Windows to accomplish this, but there are more
software's out there than just Image for Windows and some cost nothing.

TeraByte Unlimited :: TeraByte Drive Image Backup and Restore Suite ::
Image
for Windows:
https://www.terabyteunlimited.com/image-for-windows.htm


-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of
William
Vandervest
Sent: Thursday, April 2, 2020 14:00
To: TechTalk Group <TechTalk@groups.io>; electronics-talk@nfbnet.org
Subject: [TechTalk] hard drive cloning

I am thinking about installing a larger hard drive on my laptop, how do I
clone my 500 Gig Dr. over to a 1 TB drive?
thanks







Re: BlindShell Classic

Howard Traxler
 

I guess that's something that isn't gonna change.  35 years ago, when I was learning these things, a Byte had 8 bits and was (for programming purposes) also called a word.  A half Byte was called a nibble and had 4 bits.  I never saw the word "nibble" in print (nor Braille), but the "i" in there may have been a "y".  These measurements lent themselves well to the hexidecimal numbering system.

I'm sure there are folks out there who remember this stuff better than I.  And probably work with it every day.

Howard

On 4/3/2020 9:16 PM, Ann Parsons wrote:
Hi all,

That's still true.  A byte has eight bits in it.

Ann P.


Original message:
And those users of ancient code like dos, know there are 7 or 8 bits in a byte.
I think; that was way back in the last milleniium.
-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Carolyn Arnold
Sent: April-03-20 1:47 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] BlindShell Classic
Oh, then we had 250, then 500 mB.
-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Howard Traxler
Sent: Friday, April 3, 2020 2:57 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] BlindShell Classic
If I'm not mistaken, in the abbreviation "Mb" or "MB", a capital B is bypes and a lower case b is bits.
On 4/3/2020 11:03 AM, Carolyn Arnold wrote:
Yes, on my plan with Consumer Cellular, the cheapest, we got 250 mb; later they boosted it up to 500 mb.
-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On
Behalf Of Ron Canazzi
Sent: Friday, April 3, 2020 10:02 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] BlindShell Classic
Hi Ann,
If Joseph meant mega bytes,  he said 5 MB, that's not very much data for one month.  If you streamed one song, that would be it.

On 4/3/2020 8:05 AM, Ann Parsons wrote:
Hi all,
No, you mean MB for Megabytes, not millibars.  Millibars are
gradations of air pressure.  It's the same abbreviation so it's
comfusing, but you mean megabytes.
Ann P.

Original message:
Hi Ron, no typo here. 500 mbar is a plan from the phone carrier that
I have.
On Apr 2, 2020, at 2:33 PM, Ron Canazzi <aa2vm@roadrunner.com> wrote:
HI Monte,
Joseph's reference was to cell phone provider features. I  would
have expected the information to be something like: Unlimited talk
and text plus 1 GB data per month.
He referenced this MbAR instead.  That doesn't make sense--unless
either there's some way of measuring data that I'm not aware of or
it was a typo.
On 4/2/2020 11:02 AM, Monte Single wrote:
I think millibars is a metric measure of barometrid, or air, pressure.
Now, landlubbers may not be as familiar with this as me maties,
arrrrrrr.
-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On
Behalf Of Ron Canazzi
Sent: April-02-20 5:41 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] BlindShell Classic Hi Joseph, You wrote:
...I recommend getting the I am from a company called consumer
Sellier if it all possible in your area. They have a plan just for
five bucks a month that will give you 5 mbar and unlimited text
and talk which will be more than enough for this phone. ...
What is 5 mbar?
On 4/2/2020 12:59 AM, joseph hudson wrote:
Hello, you don't even need one gig of data in order to run that
phone. It all depends on how often you're going to use it for
listening to YouTube and stuff like that. I am only used .20 MB
at the most with the phone. I recommend getting the I am from a
company called consumer Sellier if it all possible in your area.
They have a plan just for five bucks a month that will give you 5
mbar and unlimited text and talk which will be more than enough
for this phone. And if anybody decides to do this offer, please
contact me as I will give you an additional $10 off of your first
month just by giving you a referral. If you've never been with
this company before.
On Apr 1, 2020, at 1:45 PM, Abbie Taylor
<abbietaylor945@gmail.com> wrote:
I'm also considering purchasing the Blind Shell Classic phone.
Mystic Access now offers a free tutorial that can be downloaded
from their site at http://www.mysticaccess.com. You'll need to
search for the product, and you'll find the link to download the
tutorial on the product page. They also did a free class in
February on the subject, and you'll find a recording of that on
the free downloads page.
Mystic Access is now distributing the phone. What's more, for an
extra $19 set-up fee, they'll activate the phone with a network
that uses the A T and T tower. This network only charges $20 a
month for unlimited talking and texting and 1 gig of data. The
down side is that you have to install the battery and sim card,
which is something I've never done with a cell phone, and I'm
not particularly mechanically inclined. Otherwise, it's a good deal.
--
Abbie Johnson Taylor, Author https://abbiescorner.wordpress.com
http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com abbietaylor945@gmail.com




--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"
I Say: "I'm as happy as a stow away chimpanzee on a banana boat!"














Re: inquiring minds want to know.

Evan Reese
 

Hi Ann,
Why not just Google "asynchronous motor"?
I did, and the first result is a Wikipedia article on induction motors, which are also called asynchronous motors:
"An induction motor or asynchronous motor
is an AC electric motor in which the electric current in the rotor needed to produce
torque is obtained by electromagnetic induction from the magnetic field of the stator
winding. An induction motor can therefore be made without electrical connections
to the rotor."
You can read more at:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Induction_motor
Evan

-----Original Message-----
From: Ann Parsons
Sent: Saturday, April 04, 2020 9:11 AM
To: techtalk@groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] inquiring minds want to know.

Morning all,

I was just going through my junk folder and I keep seeing these offers
for asynchronous motors. Now, I know this is a totally weird, off the
wall question, but what the heck is an asynchronous motor? Of course
I'm deleting the spam, but since I'm getting more and more like my cat
everyday, curious, what on earth is it? Is it a figment of the
imagination, or are their really asynchronous motors? If the parts of
the motor aren't syncked, wouldn't that prevent the motor from
operating correctly? Just something innocuous to think about when the
rest of the world is going to hell in a hand basket.

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring
EMAIL: akp@sero.email
Author of The Demmies: http://www.dldbooks.com/annparsons/
Portal Tutoring web site: http://www.portaltutoring.info
Skype: Putertutor

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."

8501 - 8520 of 96442