Date   

BARD MOBILE ON THE IPHONE

Olusegun -- Victory Associates LTD, Inc.
 

Hi All:

My buddy, a fellow Androidean, schleps around an iPhone7. A few days back,
he installed Bard Mobile for iOS 'cause he wanted to CHECK OUT its access to
.brf books/files.

The installation went well; when it was time to login, no matter what was
done, the login process was constantly aborted. Somehow, Bard Mobile for
iOS just won't accept the typed-in password entered at the login prompt
again and again, up to five tries before giving up! The same password was
entered in on an Android toy and voilá, the login was successful.

So, anyone knows what my buddy and I should have done differently?

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado


How to search for Bill Brown's guitar lessons from the Library of Congress web site for the blind and physically handicapped?

Vicky Vaughan
 

Hi Folks, I was able to get into the main web site for The Library of Congress, but couldn’t figure out how to make my search to be only within the music part. 

 

Would someone help me with a link for that section?

 

I am trying to find the Playing By Ear materials by Bill Brown.

 

Many thanks for any help!

 

Sincerely, Vicky V

 


Virus-free. www.avg.com


Re: Firefox and nlsbard..?

Ann Parsons
 

Hi all,

Jim, have you tried FF with NVDA? I'd try that.

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring
EMAIL: akp@...
Author of The Demmies: http://www.dldbooks.com/annparsons/
Portal Tutoring web site: http://www.portaltutoring.info
Skype: Putertutor

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."


Facebook video volume question

Loy
 

Some videos that I want to listen to on Facebook has a change volume button with a slider to adjust the volume. Using JAWS, how can I do this?


Firefox and nlsbard..?

Jim Wohlgamuth
 

Hi There FOLKS!
I seem to encounter a problem between Jaws and Firefox.  When I bring Firefox up I get some sort of message saying there is some sort of incompatibility between my screen reading software and Firefox.  I believe it says the problem is that tabs cannot be shown.  First of all, does anyone have any idea as to just what this message actually means? If so, can you tell me how to resolve it if it can be resolved? Hopefully I have given enough info..? If not, just say so and I will try to give more. Much Thanks!
de
<wohlggie@...><KF8LT><Jim Wohlgamuth>.


Re: having sound issues

enes sarıbaş
 

Gene, the 200 dollars is apparently the midrange for a DAC.

There isn't anything even worth consideration under 75.

I did my research, and it looks like the zen dac by ifi is good to meet my needs.

On 6/13/2020 6:11 AM, Gene wrote:
The question is, at what point do you get no meaningful benefit for additional money spent?  But I doubt you need to spend more than something like fifty dollars.  I'm not saying you won't get better quality with more money, but will people hear it?  AnI think that, beyond a certain point of spending, the headphones or speakers are much more important than the sound card.

Gene
-----Original Message----- From: Smiling?
Sent: Friday, June 12, 2020 8:45 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] having sound issues

Honestly, as much as you the user would like to pay. Very similar to most anything else within this world of ours and I am very certain that this specifically was not the answer you were seeking, but it's definitely the truth.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of enes saribas
Sent: Friday, June 12, 2020 3:32
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] having sound issues

Hi,

How much does a very good USB soundcard cost? I bought a pair of high res audiophile grade headphones, and  the reviews say you definately need an external DAC/soundcard to drive them to get all the quality.

On 6/4/2020 3:15 PM, chris judge wrote:
It seems to be an issue common with dell. I have an XPS 8930, and although I love the machine for the most part, I've had many issues with the sound. I finally ordered a good USB sound card and M going to forgo the onboard sound card.


-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of
Gene
Sent: June 4, 2020 4:46 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] having sound issues

The further glories of Windows 10.

Gene
-----Original Message-----
From: wendy Sheld-Walker
Sent: Thursday, June 04, 2020 2:33 PM
To: main@techtalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] having sound issues

This has happened to my partner after every major Windows update. She has a Dell Lattitude and is using JAWS. Dell had her disable the Real Tech audio drivers so the computer would use the computer speakers.
This does fix the issue but like I said, every major update re-installs the Real Tech drivers again and this process starts all over again. Hope this helps.

Wendy Walker


On 6/4/20, heather albright <kd5cbl@...> wrote:
Hello, after the windows update, my sound is crappy, it gets really
loud and than goes really low. It saids my drivers are up to date .
So how do I fix this issue, it is quite annoying I am using jaws or
NVDA they both have the same issue, loud and low. Thanks Heather


















Re: having sound issues

enes sarıbaş
 

I want to play my dramatized audiobook collection over my Philipps fedilio hr2 headphones, with are high res enabled. I want it to be future proof, and support MQA and high 24-32 bit audio  if I am interested in listening to these.

On 6/13/2020 5:22 AM, Smiling? wrote:
Of course, but this does not at all mean that a midrange to high range setup is going to sound all that to you as it does to another. This is entirely up to you the user to determine because just like you can not taste anything through anyone else's mouth, you unfortunately can not hear anything through anyone else's ears.

So what sounds phenomenal to one, may not necessarily sound all that great to the next, but once again, without you the user there to determine whether or not you would like or not like… see what I am saying yet? Because after all, you may want more mustard and then again, you very well may hate mustard and not want it at all.

This also applies to actually all of our senses. What's pleasant for one is not necessarily going to be pleasant for the next. So again, it's entirely up to you to see what is best for your ears because once again, you are never going to hear anything through anyone else's ears.

What are you specifically looking for a DAC to do with? Because this may assist with giving helpful/beneficial information even though it is once again, completely and entirely up to you the one who is going to be doing the listening to determine.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of enes saribas
Sent: Friday, June 12, 2020 15:01
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] having sound issues

But isn't there a midrange, to high grade price range? I read around
100-200 dollars average for a good one.

On 6/12/2020 8:45 AM, Smiling? wrote:
Honestly, as much as you the user would like to pay. Very similar to most anything else within this world of ours and I am very certain that this specifically was not the answer you were seeking, but it's definitely the truth.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of
enes saribas
Sent: Friday, June 12, 2020 3:32
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] having sound issues

Hi,

How much does a very good USB soundcard cost? I bought a pair of high res audiophile grade headphones, and the reviews say you definately need an external DAC/soundcard to drive them to get all the quality.

On 6/4/2020 3:15 PM, chris judge wrote:
It seems to be an issue common with dell. I have an XPS 8930, and although I love the machine for the most part, I've had many issues with the sound. I finally ordered a good USB sound card and M going to forgo the onboard sound card.


-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of
Gene
Sent: June 4, 2020 4:46 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] having sound issues

The further glories of Windows 10.

Gene
-----Original Message-----
From: wendy Sheld-Walker
Sent: Thursday, June 04, 2020 2:33 PM
To: main@techtalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] having sound issues

This has happened to my partner after every major Windows update. She has a Dell Lattitude and is using JAWS. Dell had her disable the Real Tech audio drivers so the computer would use the computer speakers.
This does fix the issue but like I said, every major update re-installs the Real Tech drivers again and this process starts all over again. Hope this helps.

Wendy Walker


On 6/4/20, heather albright <kd5cbl@...> wrote:
Hello, after the windows update, my sound is crappy, it gets really
loud and than goes really low. It saids my drivers are up to date .
So how do I fix this issue, it is quite annoying I am using jaws or
NVDA they both have the same issue, loud and low. Thanks Heather















Re: having sound issues

enes sarıbaş
 

I would avoid the creative ones. There are reports online that the driver software  has bugs under 10, and that the direct mode, whith enhancements disabled,  isn't as neutral as it should be. Moreover, the enhancements would mess with NVDA or JAWS, and be annoying.

On 6/12/2020 7:27 PM, heather albright wrote:
I am trying to find one that supports Dolby digital  sound for my audio files. I heard the Creative Sound Blaster was a good brand. Has anyone used this type of sound card? Also do you have to use proprietary software or will windows10 detect the sound card. I keep reading about them off amazon and first they say you can plug and goe and than they said you have to  to use Creative Sound Blaster  controls to do ajustments to the sound card. That is fine but will the drivers be accessible to jaws or NVDA? Thanks Heather  ----- Original Message ----- From: "enes sarıbaş" <enes.saribas@...>
To: <main@TechTalk.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, June 12, 2020 5:01 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] having sound issues


But isn't there a midrange, to high grade price range? I read around 100-200 dollars average for a good one.

On 6/12/2020 8:45 AM, Smiling? wrote:
Honestly, as much as you the user would like to pay. Very similar to most anything else within this world of ours and I am very certain that this specifically was not the answer you were seeking, but it's definitely the truth.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of enes saribas
Sent: Friday, June 12, 2020 3:32
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] having sound issues

Hi,

How much does a very good USB soundcard cost? I bought a pair of high res audiophile grade headphones, and  the reviews say you definately need an external DAC/soundcard to drive them to get all the quality.

On 6/4/2020 3:15 PM, chris judge wrote:
It seems to be an issue common with dell. I have an XPS 8930, and although I love the machine for the most part, I've had many issues with the sound. I finally ordered a good USB sound card and M going to forgo the onboard sound card.


-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of
Gene
Sent: June 4, 2020 4:46 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] having sound issues

The further glories of Windows 10.

Gene
-----Original Message-----
From: wendy Sheld-Walker
Sent: Thursday, June 04, 2020 2:33 PM
To: main@techtalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] having sound issues

This has happened to my partner after every major Windows update. She has a Dell Lattitude and is using JAWS. Dell had her disable the Real Tech audio drivers so the computer would use the computer speakers.
This does fix the issue but like I said, every major update re-installs the Real Tech drivers again and this process starts all over again. Hope this helps.

Wendy Walker


On 6/4/20, heather albright <kd5cbl@...> wrote:
Hello, after the windows update, my sound is crappy, it gets really
loud and than goes really low. It saids my drivers are up to date .
So how do I fix this issue, it is quite annoying I am using jaws or
NVDA they both have the same issue, loud and low. Thanks Heather















Re: fixing sound issues

george b <gbmagoo@...>
 

Turn off audio ducting

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ashley Breger via groups.io
Sent: June 14, 2020 13:51
To: main@techtalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] fixing sound issues

Did you check to be sure your speakers were plugged in properly? Also it could be that your sound card is not seated properly. Let me know if you have any other questions.


Ashley Breger

On Jun 14, 2020, at 3:49 PM, aisha <2001.aisha123@...> wrote:

hi.


does anyone have any idea how I can fix the issue with my sound on my windows 10 computer. for some reason, a lot of my programmes (mail, music, system sounds) are really low, despite the volumes of all of them being up at 100 percent. I have checked all the settings in the volume mixer and they are at 100, all the settings in sound settings at 100, but I am not sure what else I can do


acording to google, their might be an app on my computer that is changing the volume without me knowing, but I have loads of aps.. how can I possibly know which one is causing it?


also: I have noticed, in the volume mixer, a volume control marked, " unnamed", which I can not click on, view properties for, uninstall, even see what it is


I'd system restore to a time when the sound worked fine, but I can't do that because the only restore point is too soon- however: if I somehow had a way to access earlier restore points, that might help.. since I can just rivert back to when the sound worked good


what ever the issue is: it is really frustrating me, especially as I'm not the greatest when it comes to tech




Re: fixing sound issues

 

Did you check to be sure your speakers were plugged in properly? Also it could be that your sound card is not seated properly. Let me know if you have any other questions.


Ashley Breger

On Jun 14, 2020, at 3:49 PM, aisha <2001.aisha123@...> wrote:

hi.


does anyone have any idea how I can fix the issue with my sound on my windows 10 computer. for some reason, a lot of my programmes (mail, music, system sounds) are really low, despite the volumes of all of them being up at 100 percent. I have checked all the settings in the volume mixer and they are at 100, all the settings in sound settings at 100, but I am not sure what else I can do


acording to google, their might be an app on my computer that is changing the volume without me knowing, but I have loads of aps.. how can I possibly know which one is causing it?


also: I have noticed, in the volume mixer, a volume control marked, " unnamed", which I can not click on, view properties for, uninstall, even see what it is


I'd system restore to a time when the sound worked fine, but I can't do that because the only restore point is too soon- however: if I somehow had a way to access earlier restore points, that might help.. since I can just rivert back to when the sound worked good


what ever the issue is: it is really frustrating me, especially as I'm not the greatest when it comes to tech




Re: Wordpress Themes with Screen-reading Software

Abbie Taylor
 

I use Weaver Extreme on my website. It works pretty well with NVDA and JAWS. I hope that helps.
--


Abbie Johnson Taylor, Author https://abbiescorner.wordpress.com

http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com

abbietaylor945@...

 


fixing sound issues

aisha <2001.aisha123@...>
 

hi.


does anyone have any idea how I can fix the issue with my sound on my windows 10 computer. for some reason, a lot of my programmes (mail, music, system sounds) are really low, despite the volumes of all of them being up at 100 percent. I have checked all the settings in the volume mixer and they are at 100, all the settings in sound settings at 100, but I am not sure what else I can do


acording to google, their might be an app on my computer that is changing the volume without me knowing, but I have loads of aps.. how can I possibly know which one is causing it?


also: I have noticed, in the volume  mixer, a volume control marked, " unnamed", which I can not click on, view properties for, uninstall, even see what it is


I'd system restore to a time when the sound worked fine, but I can't do that because the  only restore point is too soon- however: if I somehow had a way to access earlier restore points, that might help.. since I can just rivert back to when the sound worked good


what ever the issue is: it is really frustrating me, especially as I'm not the greatest when it comes to tech


help with braille screen input on iPhone SE 2020 edition

Josh Kennedy
 

hi
First, when I am trying to use braille screen input in tabletop mode on my iPhone SE 2020 edition phone, it only recognises 5 out of my 6 fingers. So I cannot write the for contraction, dots 1-2-3-4-5-6, for example. Also how do I position my fingers correctly for screen-away mode braille screen input? on my iPad tabletop mode works fine and it sees all my fingers. So why doesn't the iPhone see all six fingers in tabletop mode?

Josh


Re: USB hubs?

Marie
 

I would appreciate this info if you get it.



Marie

-----Original Message-----
From: enes sarıbaş
Sent: Saturday, June 13, 2020 5:14 PM
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] USB hubs?

Hi all,

With the number of USB devices I own increasing, I think it might make
sense to get a USB hub. A few questions.

With the ones with a wall adapter, can I plug any amount of things
into the hub?? Also, when transfering between two drives on the hub,
does it split the 5gbps speed of the single USB port, or will the files
transfer between the devices in the hub, at the full 5gbps rate?


Re: having sound issues

Norma A. Boge
 

Hi, here's a place to start your research on getting a DAC:

https://www.thetechlounge.com/best-dac/

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of enes saribas
Sent: Friday, June 12, 2020 5:01 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] having sound issues

But isn't there a midrange, to high grade price range? I read around
100-200 dollars average for a good one.

On 6/12/2020 8:45 AM, Smiling? wrote:
Honestly, as much as you the user would like to pay. Very similar to most anything else within this world of ours and I am very certain that this specifically was not the answer you were seeking, but it's definitely the truth.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of
enes saribas
Sent: Friday, June 12, 2020 3:32
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] having sound issues

Hi,

How much does a very good USB soundcard cost? I bought a pair of high res audiophile grade headphones, and the reviews say you definately need an external DAC/soundcard to drive them to get all the quality.

On 6/4/2020 3:15 PM, chris judge wrote:
It seems to be an issue common with dell. I have an XPS 8930, and although I love the machine for the most part, I've had many issues with the sound. I finally ordered a good USB sound card and M going to forgo the onboard sound card.


-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of
Gene
Sent: June 4, 2020 4:46 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] having sound issues

The further glories of Windows 10.

Gene
-----Original Message-----
From: wendy Sheld-Walker
Sent: Thursday, June 04, 2020 2:33 PM
To: main@techtalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] having sound issues

This has happened to my partner after every major Windows update. She has a Dell Lattitude and is using JAWS. Dell had her disable the Real Tech audio drivers so the computer would use the computer speakers.
This does fix the issue but like I said, every major update re-installs the Real Tech drivers again and this process starts all over again. Hope this helps.

Wendy Walker


On 6/4/20, heather albright <kd5cbl@...> wrote:
Hello, after the windows update, my sound is crappy, it gets really
loud and than goes really low. It saids my drivers are up to date .
So how do I fix this issue, it is quite annoying I am using jaws or
NVDA they both have the same issue, loud and low. Thanks Heather















Re: Accessibility of Open Broadcaster Software with JAWS

Victor
 

Hi everyone:

I’ve never heard of this software, but I would like to know the answer to this question as well. I work in radio broadcasting and I am always interested in broadcast software and audio editing software that is accessible.

Thanks,

Victor


On Jun 13, 2020, at 8:21 PM, Debbie April Yuille <debbiey1982@...> wrote:



Hi All

 

I’ve recently heard of Open Broadcaster Software. Does anyone know how accessible it is with JAWS?

 

Thanks

Debbie


Re: KNFB Reader

Victor
 

When I received KNFB reader, the price was $100! That’s outrageous compared to what voice dream scanner and Prismo cost! Maybe they just gave up on developing the app because they know that these other apps are cheaper and just as good. I think KNFB reader was probably the most expensive app in the iOS App Store! There’s no way that I would pay $100 for any app. In my opinion, an app that expensive better be able to make me travel through time and perform amazing miracles! LOL

Victor

On Jun 13, 2020, at 8:40 PM, lynn white <lynnwhite360@...> wrote:

ver heard anything that NFB has stopped production. Maybe there's no further development to make with it. Also, they may have let the SeeingAI group pick up the slack.

On 6/13/2020 5:35 PM, Olusegun -- Victory Associates LTD, Inc. wrote:
Dana, NFB favors iOS over anything Android! It doesn't believe that Android
is accessible and usable by the blind. Even its newsline has no LINE IN THE
SAND in Androidville. Fortunately, blind Android enthusiasts don't care;
why? We have far too many news agregators to pick and choose from, so,
we're not missing the NFB Newsline at all!

The only reason why the KNFB Reader saw some light in Androidville was
because, some time back, Google subsidised it to the tune of $1 million!
Because of what Google did, Androideans got the KNFB Reader app for $19.99!
Without mincing words, it's the best $20 I ever wasted on any app.

If the KNFB Reader is NO LONGER being actively developed for iOS, that's
truly sad! Thankfully, other iOS apps are filling in the niche nicely.

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado




Re: Wordpress Themes with Screen-reading Software

Kimsan
 

When I was word pressing, accessible zen I think it was called work well for me.

Best regards,

Kimsan Song

kimsansong@...

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Rich DeSteno
Sent: Saturday, June 13, 2020 2:55 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] Wordpress Themes with Screen-reading Software

What Wordpress themes are best with screen-reading software, such as Jaws and NVDA?


--
Rich De Steno


Re: KNFB Reader

lynn white
 

ver heard anything that NFB has stopped production.  Maybe there's no further development to make with it.  Also, they may have let the SeeingAI group pick up the slack.

On 6/13/2020 5:35 PM, Olusegun -- Victory Associates LTD, Inc. wrote:
Dana, NFB favors iOS over anything Android! It doesn't believe that Android
is accessible and usable by the blind. Even its newsline has no LINE IN THE
SAND in Androidville. Fortunately, blind Android enthusiasts don't care;
why? We have far too many news agregators to pick and choose from, so,
we're not missing the NFB Newsline at all!

The only reason why the KNFB Reader saw some light in Androidville was
because, some time back, Google subsidised it to the tune of $1 million!
Because of what Google did, Androideans got the KNFB Reader app for $19.99!
Without mincing words, it's the best $20 I ever wasted on any app.

If the KNFB Reader is NO LONGER being actively developed for iOS, that's
truly sad! Thankfully, other iOS apps are filling in the niche nicely.

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado



Accessibility of Open Broadcaster Software with JAWS

Debbie April Yuille
 

Hi All

 

I’ve recently heard of Open Broadcaster Software. Does anyone know how accessible it is with JAWS?

 

Thanks

Debbie