Date   

Re: the reason I decided to leave things alone instead of installing a clean install of windows. on my computer.

Carolyn Arnold
 

Absolutely intolerable, Janet. I was beginning to think your
system had become corrupted. I am sure I'd have long since
called Good Computer Guy, as it sounds like all that would
be way past Jim and certainly past me.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io
[mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Janet
Sent: Thursday, April 1, 2021 7:26 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] the reason I decided to leave things
alone instead of installing a clean install of windows. on
my computer.

Jim,
Ok, it looks like I can now send as well as reply to the
list.
Jim I'm going to share a story with you about what happened
to me with my Windows 10 Laptop. Just last Friday I turned
on my Win 10 after not having it turned on well over a
week, the first thing I did after turning it on, was to
check for updates. Well, I did have some updates, and yes I
did update, and it took at least 2 hours to complete the
update, so I restarted the PC, and it came back up with a
message saying I had an update for JAWS. Ok, now I updated
JAWS, and once again restarted the PC. Needless to say my
nightmare was about to begin. My PC was a total mess,
meaning I couldn't do anything with it even though, I tried
working on it all day Friday and half the day Saturday, as
well as working to get JAWS to speak so I could understand
what he was saying. I finally lost my patience, and turned
that .... thing off. I couldn't understand JAWS at all, and
the PC was so slow I couldn't do anything with it. I felt
like just throwing the PC out the window, and believe me I
came very close to doing that, but instead, I just turned it
off, and I didn't bother with it until this last Tuesday.
Ok now, Tuesday I turned it on to see if I could do anything
with it, but again, I couldn't, so I checked for updates,
and once again, here comes more updates, and yes I updated
it, and I couldn't believe that update took exactly 4 hours
to update, and sometimes JAWS would speak the percentage of
the update, and then JAWS would just get tired, and he would
stop speaking, so I didn't know what was going on, and being
as curious as I am, I would press the insert key plus the
letter t for the title bar just so I would hear what JAWS
has to say, and then he would speak the percentage for
awhile, and he would once again stop, but my point is the
update kept updating, in which was fine for me, but I was
ready to plug in my Laptop charger as I was concerned the
Laptop batteries would just die, but finally the ....
finished updating, and I had to restart so the PC could
finish the complete update. Well, needless to say, that
really blew me away, as I never seen an update take a total
of 4 hours, in which that tells me something was most
definitely wrong with the previous update, and the PC was
repairing the corrupted update, and then downloaded the
clean update. I've been working with desktop computers as
well as with JAWS for 30 years, and I've never came across
this. This was a first one for me. Ok now, today I turned
on my Win 10 again, and once again I checked for updates.
Well now, more updates to download, as I attempted to
download the update, I got a message saying there is an
error and I'm missing some files, and I can't update, I had
no idea what was going on now, so I press the ok button to
accept the error message, and I waited for a few minutes,
and I attempted the updates again, and this time for what
ever reason the damn thing finally downloaded the update,
and once again restarted the Laptop, and I waited for close
to an hour, and I just shut it off, and so far, it is
working fine! So as you can see Jim there are several
different reasons things like this happen, but I have no
idea why. The reasons why I asked you the questions I asked
you earlier was to be for sure when you attempted to
download an update your updates could have easily gotten
corrupted, and if you weren't paying close attention, you
might have not noticed that. It's really strainge because
earlier I was thinking that is what happened to your PC, and
believe it or not, that samething is what happened to me
just today. Smile! These things can and do often happen
with Win updates. -----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io
[mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jim Rawls
Sent: Thursday, April 01, 2021 4:42 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] the reason I decided to leave things
alone instead of installing a clean install of windows. on
my computer.

Well, I wait for 20 minutes or so, and I figure it's stuck.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io
[mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Janet
Sent: Thursday, April 1, 2021 12:40 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] the reason I decided to leave things
alone instead of installing a clean install of windows. on
my computer.

Jim,
Ok this is also good to know, as it seems like you are a
couple versions behind though. Now, this might sound like a
stupid question, how do you know the download is stuck?

Janet

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io
[mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jim Rawls
Sent: Thursday, April 01, 2021 2:24 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] the reason I decided to leave things
alone instead of installing a clean install of windows. on
my computer.

I received it in 2017.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io
[mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Janet
Sent: Thursday, April 1, 2021 12:11 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] the reason I decided to leave things
alone instead of installing a clean install of windows. on
my computer.

Jim,
Ok, this is good to know. Now, when did you get this PC?

Janet


-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io
[mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jim Rawls
Sent: Thursday, April 01, 2021 2:09 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] the reason I decided to leave things
alone instead of installing a clean install of windows. on
my computer.

Yes.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io
[mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Janet
Sent: Thursday, April 1, 2021 12:05 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] the reason I decided to leave things
alone instead of installing a clean install of windows. on
my computer.

Jim,
Wow, did you say your version of Windows is 1909?
Janet

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io
[mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jim Rawls
Sent: Thursday, April 01, 2021 2:00 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] the reason I decided to leave things
alone instead of installing a clean install of windows. on
my computer.

Janet, Microsoft tried to put on the latest version of
windows, which is
2032 I think. Anyway, the installation failed, so I still
have windows 1909 on this computer. So I wonder if I tried
to install a clean install of windows, if the same thing
would happen, and the installation would fail.
What do you think? How would you go about installing a clean
version of windows? The other day when I talked to the lady
from Hellen Keller foundation, she was reluctant to let me
have a copy of my office program, so I would have to find
it somewhere, unless there is a way to back up the one I
have. Any comments here are appreciated. Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io
[mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Janet
Sent: Thursday, April 1, 2021 11:30 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] the reason I decided to leave things
alone instead of installing a clean install of windows. on
my computer.

Hi Gene,
I can't understand why MS Disability didn't perform a reset
themselves, or did they. I haven't heard anything about
what MS said as to why they can't do anything, or what did
they check, what did they find. The only times I've had any
problems downloading something, is because of my virus
protection, or even just because of my firewall settings, in
which I just turned them off, and tried the download again,
and sure enough the download went through, and I quickly
turned on my firewall as well as my virus protection.
Although, I would think MS looked at all that.
Janet .

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io
[mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Thursday, April 01, 2021 8:37 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] the reason I decided to leave things
alone instead of installing a clean install of windows. on
my computer.

Why not use reset? it saves work and if it doesn't work you
can always reinstall from scratch. But why not try this
method of having a completely clean copy of Windows first?

Then again is it worth doing any of this if you are going to
get a new computer in three months? Use other programs for
the ones you can't use now

and we still ddon't know if you can get security updates for
the version of Windows you are running.

When you get the new computer, you may want to experiment
with the old one but is it worth the inconvenience now?

Gene
-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Matzura
Sent: Wednesday, March 31, 2021 5:16 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] the reason I decided to leave things
alone instead of installing a clean install of windows. on
my computer.



I still sayl, as I have from the outset, install Windows 10
from scratch.
That means initializing the disk. Of course you'll want to
back everything up frirst, which maybe by now is no longer
possible, only you would know this.




On 3/31/2021 3:31 PM, Jim Rawls wrote:


Absolutely, but lately, not.





From: main@TechTalk.groups.io
[mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Loy
Sent: Tuesday, March 30, 2021 7:27 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] the reason I decided to leave things
alone instead of installing a clean install of windows. on
my computer.







Hi Jim,



Have you ever been able to install a program on your
computer? If not, it could be the organization you got the
computer from did not set it up where you would have
administrative rights. Just a thought.











----- Original Message -----



From: Jim Rawls



To: main@TechTalk.groups.io



Sent: Tuesday, March 30, 2021 7:22 PM



Subject: [TechTalk] the reason I decided to leave things
alone instead of installing a clean install of windows. on
my computer.







Hi all,

When Microsoft tried to install windows 2032 or whatever the
latest version
of windows ten is, the installation failed. So I think Bill
white is right.
I have a hardware issue on my computer. Jim


Re: Please someone let me know if this message makes it to the list.

Carolyn Arnold
 

My server is Windstream, and Good Computer Guy thought it could be their issue. I do not know what it is, but it is way past obnoxious to me.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Donna
Sent: Thursday, April 1, 2021 6:53 PM
To: main@techtalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Please someone let me know if this message makes it to the list.

Janet,

I get the same message everytime I send a message to the list. This has been going on for about a month. I now just ignore the message.

Donna



Hi Carolyn,
Thank you for letting me know, as I've been trying to send messages to this list, and they all came back as undeliverable from Outlook.
Thank you again.
Janet

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On
Behalf Of Carolyn Arnold
Sent: Thursday, April 01, 2021 5:19 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Please someone let me know if this message makes it to the list.

Your message made it, Janet.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io
[mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Janet
Sent: Thursday, April 1, 2021 6:17 PM
To: 'main@TechTalk.groups.io' <main@TechTalk.groups.io>
Subject: [TechTalk] Please someone let me know if this message makes
it to the list.

Janet


Peace Be With You.
















Re: Please someone let me know if this message makes it to the list.

Carolyn Arnold
 

You know, we emailed for years and never had to put up with
that undeliverable stuff until a year or so ago. I guess you
can tell that I find it most annoying.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io
[mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Janet
Sent: Thursday, April 1, 2021 6:26 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Please someone let me know if this
message makes it to the list.

Hi Carolyn,
Thank you for letting me know, as I've been trying to send
messages to this list, and they all came back as
undeliverable from Outlook.
Thank you again.
Janet

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io
[mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Carolyn Arnold
Sent: Thursday, April 01, 2021 5:19 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Please someone let me know if this
message makes it to the list.

Your message made it, Janet.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io
[mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Janet
Sent: Thursday, April 1, 2021 6:17 PM
To: 'main@TechTalk.groups.io' <main@TechTalk.groups.io>
Subject: [TechTalk] Please someone let me know if this
message makes it to the list.

Janet


Peace Be With You.


Re: the reason I decided to leave things alone instead of installing a clean install of windows. on my computer.

Janet
 

John,
Oh yes, some of these updates are quite large, it is the samething on my iPhone with the updates being so large, it takes up so much space on my phone, and then I get a message from Apple saying I'm running low in space! I do believe I was a little behind in updates because I just got the Win Laptop Jan 2021. This last update I got the Windows version 20h2 and didn't that version come out in Oct of 2020? so I hope all these downloads give me a break for awhile! Smile! I do notice when I turn on Win 10, and if I have Win 7 turned on at the sametime, my Win 10 runs a little slower. Well, I guess my next crisis will be buying a new Routor and Modem! LOL! It's on my list! Smile!


Janet

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of John Holcomb II
Sent: Thursday, April 01, 2021 6:39 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] the reason I decided to leave things alone instead of installing a clean install of windows. on my computer.

Janit,
Sounds like you were quite a few versions of versions behind.
That is an insanely long time but waiting only 20 minutes definitely. Isn't
long enough.
Some of these updates are 3GB in size and depending on your internet
connection, processor/ram/storage etc... it can take a while for updates to
download, install and verify that everything is as it should be.
John


Re: Please someone let me know if this message makes it to the list.

Janet
 

HI Donna,
Are you using MS Outlook? If you ignore the message, how do you finally get your messages to go through? I got this message from MS Outlook. This is the first time I had this to happen with this list.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Donna
Sent: Thursday, April 01, 2021 5:53 PM
To: main@techtalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Please someone let me know if this message makes it to the list.

Janet,

I get the same message everytime I send a message to the list. This has been going on for about a month. I now just ignore the message.

Donna



Hi Carolyn,
Thank you for letting me know, as I've been trying to send messages to this list, and they all came back as undeliverable from Outlook.
Thank you again.
Janet

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Carolyn Arnold
Sent: Thursday, April 01, 2021 5:19 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Please someone let me know if this message makes it to the list.

Your message made it, Janet.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io
[mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Janet
Sent: Thursday, April 1, 2021 6:17 PM
To: 'main@TechTalk.groups.io' <main@TechTalk.groups.io>
Subject: [TechTalk] Please someone let me know if this
message makes it to the list.

Janet


Peace Be With You.
















Re: the reason I decided to leave things alone instead of installing a clean install of windows. on my computer.

John Holcomb II
 

Janit,
Sounds like you were quite a few versions of versions behind.
That is an insanely long time but waiting only 20 minutes definitely. Isn't
long enough.
Some of these updates are 3GB in size and depending on your internet
connection, processor/ram/storage etc... it can take a while for updates to
download, install and verify that everything is as it should be.
John


Re: the reason I decided to leave things alone instead of installing a clean install of windows. on my computer.

Janet
 

Jim,
Ok, it looks like I can now send as well as reply to the list.

Jim I'm going to share a story with you about what happened to me with my Windows 10 Laptop. Just last Friday I turned on my Win 10 after not having it turned on well over a week, the first thing I did after turning it on, was to check for updates. Well, I did have some updates, and yes I did update, and it took at least 2 hours to complete the update, so I restarted the PC, and it came back up with a message saying I had an update for JAWS. Ok, now I updated JAWS, and once again restarted the PC. Needless to say my nightmare was about to begin. My PC was a total mess, meaning I couldn't do anything with it even though, I tried working on it all day Friday and half the day Saturday, as well as working to get JAWS to speak so I could understand what he was saying. I finally lost my patience, and turned that .... thing off. I couldn't understand JAWS at all, and the PC was so slow I couldn't do anything with it. I felt like just throwing the PC out the window, and believe me I came very close to doing that, but instead, I just turned it off, and I didn't bother with it until this last Tuesday. Ok now, Tuesday I turned it on to see if I could do anything with it, but again, I couldn't, so I checked for updates, and once again, here comes more updates, and yes I updated it, and I couldn't believe that update took exactly 4 hours to update, and sometimes JAWS would speak the percentage of the update, and then JAWS would just get tired, and he would stop speaking, so I didn't know what was going on, and being as curious as I am, I would press the insert key plus the letter t for the title bar just so I would hear what JAWS has to say, and then he would speak the percentage for awhile, and he would once again stop, but my point is the update kept updating, in which was fine for me, but I was ready to plug in my Laptop charger as I was concerned the Laptop batteries would just die, but finally the .... finished updating, and I had to restart so the PC could finish the complete update. Well, needless to say, that really blew me away, as I never seen an update take a total of 4 hours, in which that tells me something was most definitely wrong with the previous update, and the PC was repairing the corrupted update, and then downloaded the clean update. I've been working with desktop computers as well as with JAWS for 30 years, and I've never came across this. This was a first one for me. Ok now, today I turned on my Win 10 again, and once again I checked for updates. Well now, more updates to download, as I attempted to download the update, I got a message saying there is an error and I'm missing some files, and I can't update, I had no idea what was going on now, so I press the ok button to accept the error message, and I waited for a few minutes, and I attempted the updates again, and this time for what ever reason the damn thing finally downloaded the update, and once again restarted the Laptop, and I waited for close to an hour, and I just shut it off, and so far, it is working fine! So as you can see Jim there are several different reasons things like this happen, but I have no idea why. The reasons why I asked you the questions I asked you earlier was to be for sure when you attempted to download an update your updates could have easily gotten corrupted, and if you weren't paying close attention, you might have not noticed that. It's really strainge because earlier I was thinking that is what happened to your PC, and believe it or not, that samething is what happened to me just today. Smile! These things can and do often happen with Win updates. -----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jim Rawls
Sent: Thursday, April 01, 2021 4:42 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] the reason I decided to leave things alone instead of installing a clean install of windows. on my computer.

Well, I wait for 20 minutes or so, and I figure it's stuck.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Janet
Sent: Thursday, April 1, 2021 12:40 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] the reason I decided to leave things alone instead
of installing a clean install of windows. on my computer.

Jim,
Ok this is also good to know, as it seems like you are a couple versions
behind though. Now, this might sound like a stupid question, how do you
know the download is stuck?

Janet

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Jim Rawls
Sent: Thursday, April 01, 2021 2:24 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] the reason I decided to leave things alone instead
of installing a clean install of windows. on my computer.

I received it in 2017.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Janet
Sent: Thursday, April 1, 2021 12:11 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] the reason I decided to leave things alone instead
of installing a clean install of windows. on my computer.

Jim,
Ok, this is good to know. Now, when did you get this PC?

Janet


-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Jim Rawls
Sent: Thursday, April 01, 2021 2:09 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] the reason I decided to leave things alone instead
of installing a clean install of windows. on my computer.

Yes.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Janet
Sent: Thursday, April 1, 2021 12:05 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] the reason I decided to leave things alone instead
of installing a clean install of windows. on my computer.

Jim,
Wow, did you say your version of Windows is 1909?
Janet

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Jim Rawls
Sent: Thursday, April 01, 2021 2:00 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] the reason I decided to leave things alone instead
of installing a clean install of windows. on my computer.

Janet, Microsoft tried to put on the latest version of windows, which is
2032 I think. Anyway, the installation failed, so I still have windows 1909
on this computer. So I wonder if I tried to install a clean install of
windows, if the same thing would happen, and the installation would fail.
What do you think? How would you go about installing a clean version of
windows? The other day when I talked to the lady from Hellen Keller
foundation, she was reluctant to let me have a copy of my office program,
so I would have to find it somewhere, unless there is a way to back up the
one I have. Any comments here are appreciated. Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Janet
Sent: Thursday, April 1, 2021 11:30 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] the reason I decided to leave things alone instead
of installing a clean install of windows. on my computer.

Hi Gene,
I can't understand why MS Disability didn't perform a reset themselves, or
did they. I haven't heard anything about what MS said as to why they can't
do anything, or what did they check, what did they find. The only times
I've had any problems downloading something, is because of my virus
protection, or even just because of my firewall settings, in which I just
turned them off, and tried the download again, and sure enough the download
went through, and I quickly turned on my firewall as well as my virus
protection. Although, I would think MS looked at all that.
Janet .

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Gene
Sent: Thursday, April 01, 2021 8:37 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] the reason I decided to leave things alone instead
of installing a clean install of windows. on my computer.

Why not use reset? it saves work and if it doesn't work you can always
reinstall from scratch. But why not try this method of having a completely
clean copy of Windows first?

Then again is it worth doing any of this if you are going to get a new
computer in three months? Use other programs for the ones you can't use now

and we still ddon't know if you can get security updates for the version of
Windows you are running.

When you get the new computer, you may want to experiment with the old one
but is it worth the inconvenience now?

Gene
-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Matzura
Sent: Wednesday, March 31, 2021 5:16 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] the reason I decided to leave things alone instead
of installing a clean install of windows. on my computer.



I still sayl, as I have from the outset, install Windows 10 from scratch.
That means initializing the disk. Of course you'll want to back everything
up frirst, which maybe by now is no longer possible, only you would know
this.




On 3/31/2021 3:31 PM, Jim Rawls wrote:


Absolutely, but lately, not.





From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Loy
Sent: Tuesday, March 30, 2021 7:27 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] the reason I decided to leave things alone instead
of installing a clean install of windows. on my computer.







Hi Jim,



Have you ever been able to install a program on your computer? If not, it
could be the organization you got the computer from did not set it up where
you would have administrative rights. Just a thought.











----- Original Message -----



From: Jim Rawls



To: main@TechTalk.groups.io



Sent: Tuesday, March 30, 2021 7:22 PM



Subject: [TechTalk] the reason I decided to leave things alone instead of
installing a clean install of windows. on my computer.







Hi all,

When Microsoft tried to install windows 2032 or whatever the latest version
of windows ten is, the installation failed. So I think Bill white is right.
I have a hardware issue on my computer. Jim


Re: Please someone let me know if this message makes it to the list.

rudie
 

did it nicely maam, you are ok


--------------------------------------------------
From: "Donna" <Mermaid71007@gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, April 1, 2021 6:53 PM
To: <main@techtalk.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Please someone let me know if this message makes it
to the list.

Janet,

I get the same message everytime I send a message to the list. This has been
going on for about a month. I now just ignore the message.

Donna



Hi Carolyn,
Thank you for letting me know, as I've been trying to send messages to
this list, and they all came back as undeliverable from Outlook.
Thank you again.
Janet

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf
Of Carolyn Arnold
Sent: Thursday, April 01, 2021 5:19 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Please someone let me know if this message makes
it to the list.

Your message made it, Janet.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io
[mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Janet
Sent: Thursday, April 1, 2021 6:17 PM
To: 'main@TechTalk.groups.io' <main@TechTalk.groups.io>
Subject: [TechTalk] Please someone let me know if this
message makes it to the list.

Janet


Peace Be With You.
















Re: the reason I decided to leave things alone instead of installing a clean install of windows. on my computer.

John Holcomb II
 

How are you trying to download this.
Are you getting it from Windows update?
John


Re: Please someone let me know if this message makes it to the list.

Donna
 

Janet,

I get the same message everytime I send a message to the list. This has been going on for about a month. I now just ignore the message.

Donna


Hi Carolyn,
Thank you for letting me know, as I've been trying to send messages to this list, and they all came back as undeliverable from Outlook.
Thank you again.
Janet

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Carolyn Arnold
Sent: Thursday, April 01, 2021 5:19 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Please someone let me know if this message makes it to the list.

Your message made it, Janet.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io
[mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Janet
Sent: Thursday, April 1, 2021 6:17 PM
To: 'main@TechTalk.groups.io' <main@TechTalk.groups.io>
Subject: [TechTalk] Please someone let me know if this
message makes it to the list.

Janet


Peace Be With You.
















Re: Please someone let me know if this message makes it to the list.

Janet
 

Hi Carolyn,
Thank you for letting me know, as I've been trying to send messages to this list, and they all came back as undeliverable from Outlook.
Thank you again.
Janet

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Carolyn Arnold
Sent: Thursday, April 01, 2021 5:19 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Please someone let me know if this message makes it to the list.

Your message made it, Janet.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io
[mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Janet
Sent: Thursday, April 1, 2021 6:17 PM
To: 'main@TechTalk.groups.io' <main@TechTalk.groups.io>
Subject: [TechTalk] Please someone let me know if this
message makes it to the list.

Janet


Peace Be With You.


Re: Please someone let me know if this message makes it to the list.

Carolyn Arnold
 

Your message made it, Janet.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io
[mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Janet
Sent: Thursday, April 1, 2021 6:17 PM
To: 'main@TechTalk.groups.io' <main@TechTalk.groups.io>
Subject: [TechTalk] Please someone let me know if this
message makes it to the list.

Janet


Peace Be With You.


Please someone let me know if this message makes it to the list.

Janet
 

Janet


Peace Be With You.


Just Testing, Please Ignore.

Janet
 

Janet


Peace Be With You.


Re: the reason I decided to leave things alone instead of installing a clean install of windows. on my computer.

Jim Rawls
 

Well, I wait for 20 minutes or so, and I figure it's stuck.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Janet
Sent: Thursday, April 1, 2021 12:40 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] the reason I decided to leave things alone instead
of installing a clean install of windows. on my computer.

Jim,
Ok this is also good to know, as it seems like you are a couple versions
behind though. Now, this might sound like a stupid question, how do you
know the download is stuck?

Janet

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Jim Rawls
Sent: Thursday, April 01, 2021 2:24 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] the reason I decided to leave things alone instead
of installing a clean install of windows. on my computer.

I received it in 2017.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Janet
Sent: Thursday, April 1, 2021 12:11 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] the reason I decided to leave things alone instead
of installing a clean install of windows. on my computer.

Jim,
Ok, this is good to know. Now, when did you get this PC?

Janet


-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Jim Rawls
Sent: Thursday, April 01, 2021 2:09 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] the reason I decided to leave things alone instead
of installing a clean install of windows. on my computer.

Yes.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Janet
Sent: Thursday, April 1, 2021 12:05 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] the reason I decided to leave things alone instead
of installing a clean install of windows. on my computer.

Jim,
Wow, did you say your version of Windows is 1909?
Janet

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Jim Rawls
Sent: Thursday, April 01, 2021 2:00 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] the reason I decided to leave things alone instead
of installing a clean install of windows. on my computer.

Janet, Microsoft tried to put on the latest version of windows, which is
2032 I think. Anyway, the installation failed, so I still have windows 1909
on this computer. So I wonder if I tried to install a clean install of
windows, if the same thing would happen, and the installation would fail.
What do you think? How would you go about installing a clean version of
windows? The other day when I talked to the lady from Hellen Keller
foundation, she was reluctant to let me have a copy of my office program,
so I would have to find it somewhere, unless there is a way to back up the
one I have. Any comments here are appreciated. Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Janet
Sent: Thursday, April 1, 2021 11:30 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] the reason I decided to leave things alone instead
of installing a clean install of windows. on my computer.

Hi Gene,
I can't understand why MS Disability didn't perform a reset themselves, or
did they. I haven't heard anything about what MS said as to why they can't
do anything, or what did they check, what did they find. The only times
I've had any problems downloading something, is because of my virus
protection, or even just because of my firewall settings, in which I just
turned them off, and tried the download again, and sure enough the download
went through, and I quickly turned on my firewall as well as my virus
protection. Although, I would think MS looked at all that.
Janet .

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Gene
Sent: Thursday, April 01, 2021 8:37 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] the reason I decided to leave things alone instead
of installing a clean install of windows. on my computer.

Why not use reset? it saves work and if it doesn't work you can always
reinstall from scratch. But why not try this method of having a completely
clean copy of Windows first?

Then again is it worth doing any of this if you are going to get a new
computer in three months? Use other programs for the ones you can't use now

and we still ddon't know if you can get security updates for the version of
Windows you are running.

When you get the new computer, you may want to experiment with the old one
but is it worth the inconvenience now?

Gene
-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Matzura
Sent: Wednesday, March 31, 2021 5:16 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] the reason I decided to leave things alone instead
of installing a clean install of windows. on my computer.



I still sayl, as I have from the outset, install Windows 10 from scratch.
That means initializing the disk. Of course you'll want to back everything
up frirst, which maybe by now is no longer possible, only you would know
this.




On 3/31/2021 3:31 PM, Jim Rawls wrote:


Absolutely, but lately, not.





From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Loy
Sent: Tuesday, March 30, 2021 7:27 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] the reason I decided to leave things alone instead
of installing a clean install of windows. on my computer.







Hi Jim,



Have you ever been able to install a program on your computer? If not, it
could be the organization you got the computer from did not set it up where
you would have administrative rights. Just a thought.











----- Original Message -----



From: Jim Rawls



To: main@TechTalk.groups.io



Sent: Tuesday, March 30, 2021 7:22 PM



Subject: [TechTalk] the reason I decided to leave things alone instead of
installing a clean install of windows. on my computer.







Hi all,

When Microsoft tried to install windows 2032 or whatever the latest version
of windows ten is, the installation failed. So I think Bill white is right.
I have a hardware issue on my computer. Jim


Re: the reason I decided to leave things alone instead of installing a clean install of windows. on my computer.

Janet
 

Jim,
Ok this is also good to know, as it seems like you are a couple versions behind though. Now, this might sound like a stupid question, how do you know the download is stuck?

Janet

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jim Rawls
Sent: Thursday, April 01, 2021 2:24 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] the reason I decided to leave things alone instead of installing a clean install of windows. on my computer.

I received it in 2017.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Janet
Sent: Thursday, April 1, 2021 12:11 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] the reason I decided to leave things alone instead
of installing a clean install of windows. on my computer.

Jim,
Ok, this is good to know. Now, when did you get this PC?

Janet


-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Jim Rawls
Sent: Thursday, April 01, 2021 2:09 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] the reason I decided to leave things alone instead
of installing a clean install of windows. on my computer.

Yes.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Janet
Sent: Thursday, April 1, 2021 12:05 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] the reason I decided to leave things alone instead
of installing a clean install of windows. on my computer.

Jim,
Wow, did you say your version of Windows is 1909?
Janet

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Jim Rawls
Sent: Thursday, April 01, 2021 2:00 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] the reason I decided to leave things alone instead
of installing a clean install of windows. on my computer.

Janet, Microsoft tried to put on the latest version of windows, which is
2032 I think. Anyway, the installation failed, so I still have windows 1909
on this computer. So I wonder if I tried to install a clean install of
windows, if the same thing would happen, and the installation would fail.
What do you think? How would you go about installing a clean version of
windows? The other day when I talked to the lady from Hellen Keller
foundation, she was reluctant to let me have a copy of my office program,
so I would have to find it somewhere, unless there is a way to back up the
one I have. Any comments here are appreciated. Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Janet
Sent: Thursday, April 1, 2021 11:30 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] the reason I decided to leave things alone instead
of installing a clean install of windows. on my computer.

Hi Gene,
I can't understand why MS Disability didn't perform a reset themselves, or
did they. I haven't heard anything about what MS said as to why they can't
do anything, or what did they check, what did they find. The only times
I've had any problems downloading something, is because of my virus
protection, or even just because of my firewall settings, in which I just
turned them off, and tried the download again, and sure enough the download
went through, and I quickly turned on my firewall as well as my virus
protection. Although, I would think MS looked at all that.
Janet .

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Gene
Sent: Thursday, April 01, 2021 8:37 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] the reason I decided to leave things alone instead
of installing a clean install of windows. on my computer.

Why not use reset? it saves work and if it doesn't work you can always
reinstall from scratch. But why not try this method of having a completely
clean copy of Windows first?

Then again is it worth doing any of this if you are going to get a new
computer in three months? Use other programs for the ones you can't use now

and we still ddon't know if you can get security updates for the version of
Windows you are running.

When you get the new computer, you may want to experiment with the old one
but is it worth the inconvenience now?

Gene
-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Matzura
Sent: Wednesday, March 31, 2021 5:16 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] the reason I decided to leave things alone instead
of installing a clean install of windows. on my computer.



I still sayl, as I have from the outset, install Windows 10 from scratch.
That means initializing the disk. Of course you'll want to back everything
up frirst, which maybe by now is no longer possible, only you would know
this.




On 3/31/2021 3:31 PM, Jim Rawls wrote:


Absolutely, but lately, not.





From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Loy
Sent: Tuesday, March 30, 2021 7:27 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] the reason I decided to leave things alone instead
of installing a clean install of windows. on my computer.







Hi Jim,



Have you ever been able to install a program on your computer? If not, it
could be the organization you got the computer from did not set it up where
you would have administrative rights. Just a thought.











----- Original Message -----



From: Jim Rawls



To: main@TechTalk.groups.io



Sent: Tuesday, March 30, 2021 7:22 PM



Subject: [TechTalk] the reason I decided to leave things alone instead of
installing a clean install of windows. on my computer.







Hi all,

When Microsoft tried to install windows 2032 or whatever the latest version
of windows ten is, the installation failed. So I think Bill white is right.
I have a hardware issue on my computer. Jim


Re: the reason I decided to leave things alone instead of installing a clean install of windows. on my computer.

Jim Rawls
 

I received it in 2017.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Janet
Sent: Thursday, April 1, 2021 12:11 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] the reason I decided to leave things alone instead
of installing a clean install of windows. on my computer.

Jim,
Ok, this is good to know. Now, when did you get this PC?

Janet


-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Jim Rawls
Sent: Thursday, April 01, 2021 2:09 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] the reason I decided to leave things alone instead
of installing a clean install of windows. on my computer.

Yes.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Janet
Sent: Thursday, April 1, 2021 12:05 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] the reason I decided to leave things alone instead
of installing a clean install of windows. on my computer.

Jim,
Wow, did you say your version of Windows is 1909?
Janet

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Jim Rawls
Sent: Thursday, April 01, 2021 2:00 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] the reason I decided to leave things alone instead
of installing a clean install of windows. on my computer.

Janet, Microsoft tried to put on the latest version of windows, which is
2032 I think. Anyway, the installation failed, so I still have windows 1909
on this computer. So I wonder if I tried to install a clean install of
windows, if the same thing would happen, and the installation would fail.
What do you think? How would you go about installing a clean version of
windows? The other day when I talked to the lady from Hellen Keller
foundation, she was reluctant to let me have a copy of my office program,
so I would have to find it somewhere, unless there is a way to back up the
one I have. Any comments here are appreciated. Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Janet
Sent: Thursday, April 1, 2021 11:30 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] the reason I decided to leave things alone instead
of installing a clean install of windows. on my computer.

Hi Gene,
I can't understand why MS Disability didn't perform a reset themselves, or
did they. I haven't heard anything about what MS said as to why they can't
do anything, or what did they check, what did they find. The only times
I've had any problems downloading something, is because of my virus
protection, or even just because of my firewall settings, in which I just
turned them off, and tried the download again, and sure enough the download
went through, and I quickly turned on my firewall as well as my virus
protection. Although, I would think MS looked at all that.
Janet .

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Gene
Sent: Thursday, April 01, 2021 8:37 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] the reason I decided to leave things alone instead
of installing a clean install of windows. on my computer.

Why not use reset? it saves work and if it doesn't work you can always
reinstall from scratch. But why not try this method of having a completely
clean copy of Windows first?

Then again is it worth doing any of this if you are going to get a new
computer in three months? Use other programs for the ones you can't use now

and we still ddon't know if you can get security updates for the version of
Windows you are running.

When you get the new computer, you may want to experiment with the old one
but is it worth the inconvenience now?

Gene
-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Matzura
Sent: Wednesday, March 31, 2021 5:16 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] the reason I decided to leave things alone instead
of installing a clean install of windows. on my computer.



I still sayl, as I have from the outset, install Windows 10 from scratch.
That means initializing the disk. Of course you'll want to back everything
up frirst, which maybe by now is no longer possible, only you would know
this.




On 3/31/2021 3:31 PM, Jim Rawls wrote:


Absolutely, but lately, not.





From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Loy
Sent: Tuesday, March 30, 2021 7:27 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] the reason I decided to leave things alone instead
of installing a clean install of windows. on my computer.







Hi Jim,



Have you ever been able to install a program on your computer? If not, it
could be the organization you got the computer from did not set it up where
you would have administrative rights. Just a thought.











----- Original Message -----



From: Jim Rawls



To: main@TechTalk.groups.io



Sent: Tuesday, March 30, 2021 7:22 PM



Subject: [TechTalk] the reason I decided to leave things alone instead of
installing a clean install of windows. on my computer.







Hi all,

When Microsoft tried to install windows 2032 or whatever the latest version
of windows ten is, the installation failed. So I think Bill white is right.
I have a hardware issue on my computer. Jim


Re: the reason I decided to leave things alone instead of installing a clean install of windows. on my computer.

Janet
 

Jim,
Let's find out a little more information before doing a reset.
Janet

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Thursday, April 01, 2021 2:16 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] the reason I decided to leave things alone instead of installing a clean install of windows. on my computer.

You generally can't back up programs to avoid installation. Unless a
program is a portable program, it will usually need to be reinstalled.

However you get a clean installation of Windows, whether by doing a reset or
by reinstalling Windows, you will have to reinstall all programs.

Gene
-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Rawls
Sent: Thursday, April 01, 2021 2:00 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] the reason I decided to leave things alone instead
of installing a clean install of windows. on my computer.

Janet, Microsoft tried to put on the latest version of windows, which is
2032 I think. Anyway, the installation failed, so I still have windows 1909
on this computer. So I wonder if I tried to install a clean install of
windows, if the same thing would happen, and the installation would fail.
What do you think? How would you go about installing a clean version of
windows? The other day when I talked to the lady from Hellen Keller
foundation, she was reluctant to let me have a copy of my office program,
so I would have to find it somewhere, unless there is a way to back up the
one I have. Any comments here are appreciated. Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Janet
Sent: Thursday, April 1, 2021 11:30 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] the reason I decided to leave things alone instead
of installing a clean install of windows. on my computer.

Hi Gene,
I can't understand why MS Disability didn't perform a reset themselves, or
did they. I haven't heard anything about what MS said as to why they can't
do anything, or what did they check, what did they find. The only times
I've had any problems downloading something, is because of my virus
protection, or even just because of my firewall settings, in which I just
turned them off, and tried the download again, and sure enough the download
went through, and I quickly turned on my firewall as well as my virus
protection. Although, I would think MS looked at all that.
Janet .

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Gene
Sent: Thursday, April 01, 2021 8:37 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] the reason I decided to leave things alone instead
of installing a clean install of windows. on my computer.

Why not use reset? it saves work and if it doesn't work you can always
reinstall from scratch. But why not try this method of having a completely
clean copy of Windows first?

Then again is it worth doing any of this if you are going to get a new
computer in three months? Use other programs for the ones you can't use now

and we still ddon't know if you can get security updates for the version of
Windows you are running.

When you get the new computer, you may want to experiment with the old one
but is it worth the inconvenience now?

Gene
-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Matzura
Sent: Wednesday, March 31, 2021 5:16 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] the reason I decided to leave things alone instead
of installing a clean install of windows. on my computer.



I still sayl, as I have from the outset, install Windows 10 from scratch.
That means initializing the disk. Of course you'll want to back everything
up frirst, which maybe by now is no longer possible, only you would know
this.




On 3/31/2021 3:31 PM, Jim Rawls wrote:


Absolutely, but lately, not.





From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Loy
Sent: Tuesday, March 30, 2021 7:27 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] the reason I decided to leave things alone instead
of installing a clean install of windows. on my computer.







Hi Jim,



Have you ever been able to install a program on your computer? If not, it
could be the organization you got the computer from did not set it up where
you would have administrative rights. Just a thought.











----- Original Message -----



From: Jim Rawls



To: main@TechTalk.groups.io



Sent: Tuesday, March 30, 2021 7:22 PM



Subject: [TechTalk] the reason I decided to leave things alone instead of
installing a clean install of windows. on my computer.







Hi all,

When Microsoft tried to install windows 2032 or whatever the latest version
of windows ten is, the installation failed. So I think Bill white is right.
I have a hardware issue on my computer. Jim


Re: the reason I decided to leave things alone instead of installing a clean install of windows. on my computer.

Janet
 

Gene,
Another thing I don't understand is wy didn't MS send this to their second level, as they are supposed to. Again all this is just not adding up. Aw, what I would give if I could just call them myself, as I don't think MS can or should say there isn't anything they can do, this Windows came from MS. I'm also wondering if MS might be limited as to what they can do if Jim's PC is under the agency from where he got this PC.

Janet

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Thursday, April 01, 2021 1:59 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] the reason I decided to leave things alone instead of installing a clean install of windows. on my computer.

We don't know what has been discussed. They can't fix the problems with the
system as it is. A reset may not have been discussed but I don't want to
assume what has been discussed.

Its not just doing a reset. but does Jim want to reinstall whatever
programs are currently on the machine?

Gene
-----Original Message-----
From: Janet
Sent: Thursday, April 01, 2021 1:53 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] the reason I decided to leave things alone instead
of installing a clean install of windows. on my computer.

Gene,
We don't ever get any answers as to what MS tried, what they did, why do
they say there isn't anything they can do. Doesn't Windows come from MS,
but yet they say there isn't anything they can do. From my understanding,
Jim has spent many hours on the phone with MS. I just can't help but wonder
why did MS say there isn't anything they can do, but yet, they don't know
what the problem is. Something just don't seem right here. I wish I could
call MS myself, and ask them what the problem is, but I know I can't do
that. Chances, Jim doesn't even have the answers as to what MS did, for the
simple fact, when those Sighted people get ahold of that Mouse, they start
clicking here and there, and it is very hard to follow JAWS, as he suddenly
develops a serious speech impediment, so one might not be able to follow
JAWS, and sometimes MS just figures if your blind, your not going to
understand it anyway, but don't misunderstand me because there are some good
MS reps over there, it's just I haven't come across many of them yet, but
then again, I haven't called them in some years, as I try to do everything I
can before I call them.

Janet ,

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Gene
Sent: Thursday, April 01, 2021 1:35 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] the reason I decided to leave things alone instead
of installing a clean install of windows. on my computer.

I don't know if they can start a reset but if they did, I think it would
have been mentioned. The computer would not have been usable while the
reset was in progress. I don't know how long that would have taken. And
during the reset, they wouldn't have been connected to the computer.

Gene
-----Original Message-----
From: Janet
Sent: Thursday, April 01, 2021 1:30 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] the reason I decided to leave things alone instead
of installing a clean install of windows. on my computer.

Hi Gene,
I can't understand why MS Disability didn't perform a reset themselves, or
did they. I haven't heard anything about what MS said as to why they can't
do anything, or what did they check, what did they find. The only times
I've had any problems downloading something, is because of my virus
protection, or even just because of my firewall settings, in which I just
turned them off, and tried the download again, and sure enough the download
went through, and I quickly turned on my firewall as well as my virus
protection. Although, I would think MS looked at all that.
Janet .

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Gene
Sent: Thursday, April 01, 2021 8:37 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] the reason I decided to leave things alone instead
of installing a clean install of windows. on my computer.

Why not use reset? it saves work and if it doesn't work you can always
reinstall from scratch. But why not try this method of having a completely
clean copy of Windows first?

Then again is it worth doing any of this if you are going to get a new
computer in three months? Use other programs for the ones you can't use now
and we still ddon't know if you can get security updates for the version of
Windows you are running.

When you get the new computer, you may want to experiment with the old one
but is it worth the inconvenience now?

Gene
-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Matzura
Sent: Wednesday, March 31, 2021 5:16 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] the reason I decided to leave things alone instead
of installing a clean install of windows. on my computer.



I still sayl, as I have from the outset, install Windows 10 from scratch.
That means initializing the disk. Of course you'll want to back everything
up frirst, which maybe by now is no longer possible, only you would know
this.




On 3/31/2021 3:31 PM, Jim Rawls wrote:


Absolutely, but lately, not.





From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Loy
Sent: Tuesday, March 30, 2021 7:27 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] the reason I decided to leave things alone instead
of installing a clean install of windows. on my computer.







Hi Jim,



Have you ever been able to install a program on your computer? If not, it
could be the organization you got the computer from did not set it up where
you would have administrative rights. Just a thought.











----- Original Message -----



From: Jim Rawls



To: main@TechTalk.groups.io



Sent: Tuesday, March 30, 2021 7:22 PM



Subject: [TechTalk] the reason I decided to leave things alone instead of
installing a clean install of windows. on my computer.







Hi all,

When Microsoft tried to install windows 2032 or whatever the latest version
of windows ten is, the installation failed. So I think Bill white is right.
I have a hardware issue on my computer. Jim


Re: the reason I decided to leave things alone instead of installing a clean install of windows. on my computer.

Gene
 

You generally can't back up programs to avoid installation. Unless a program is a portable program, it will usually need to be reinstalled.

However you get a clean installation of Windows, whether by doing a reset or by reinstalling Windows, you will have to reinstall all programs.

Gene

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Rawls
Sent: Thursday, April 01, 2021 2:00 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] the reason I decided to leave things alone instead of installing a clean install of windows. on my computer.

Janet, Microsoft tried to put on the latest version of windows, which is
2032 I think. Anyway, the installation failed, so I still have windows 1909
on this computer. So I wonder if I tried to install a clean install of
windows, if the same thing would happen, and the installation would fail.
What do you think? How would you go about installing a clean version of
windows? The other day when I talked to the lady from Hellen Keller
foundation, she was reluctant to let me have a copy of my office program,
so I would have to find it somewhere, unless there is a way to back up the
one I have. Any comments here are appreciated. Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Janet
Sent: Thursday, April 1, 2021 11:30 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] the reason I decided to leave things alone instead
of installing a clean install of windows. on my computer.

Hi Gene,
I can't understand why MS Disability didn't perform a reset themselves, or
did they. I haven't heard anything about what MS said as to why they can't
do anything, or what did they check, what did they find. The only times
I've had any problems downloading something, is because of my virus
protection, or even just because of my firewall settings, in which I just
turned them off, and tried the download again, and sure enough the download
went through, and I quickly turned on my firewall as well as my virus
protection. Although, I would think MS looked at all that.
Janet .

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Gene
Sent: Thursday, April 01, 2021 8:37 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] the reason I decided to leave things alone instead
of installing a clean install of windows. on my computer.

Why not use reset? it saves work and if it doesn't work you can always
reinstall from scratch. But why not try this method of having a completely
clean copy of Windows first?

Then again is it worth doing any of this if you are going to get a new
computer in three months? Use other programs for the ones you can't use now

and we still ddon't know if you can get security updates for the version of
Windows you are running.

When you get the new computer, you may want to experiment with the old one
but is it worth the inconvenience now?

Gene
-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Matzura
Sent: Wednesday, March 31, 2021 5:16 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] the reason I decided to leave things alone instead
of installing a clean install of windows. on my computer.



I still sayl, as I have from the outset, install Windows 10 from scratch.
That means initializing the disk. Of course you'll want to back everything
up frirst, which maybe by now is no longer possible, only you would know
this.




On 3/31/2021 3:31 PM, Jim Rawls wrote:


Absolutely, but lately, not.





From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Loy
Sent: Tuesday, March 30, 2021 7:27 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] the reason I decided to leave things alone instead
of installing a clean install of windows. on my computer.







Hi Jim,



Have you ever been able to install a program on your computer? If not, it
could be the organization you got the computer from did not set it up where
you would have administrative rights. Just a thought.











----- Original Message -----



From: Jim Rawls



To: main@TechTalk.groups.io



Sent: Tuesday, March 30, 2021 7:22 PM



Subject: [TechTalk] the reason I decided to leave things alone instead of
installing a clean install of windows. on my computer.







Hi all,

When Microsoft tried to install windows 2032 or whatever the latest version
of windows ten is, the installation failed. So I think Bill white is right.
I have a hardware issue on my computer. Jim

6221 - 6240 of 103884