Date   

Very slow linking problem

Nancy Hill
 

My laptop has win10 (will someone please tell me how to check on the version?) and this week's version of jaws along with the Firefox browser.

Recently when I enter on a link, it seems to take forever to get to that next page.  This seems to delay no matter what type of link I use.

Is there something I can do to find out why there has started being such an dxtended delay on getting to the page I am being linked to?

It has been several weeks since this slow down started and I do not recall  something particular happening that might have caused this change.

Many thanks in advance for your help in solving this mystery.

nancy


video editor

Angelo Sonnesso
 

Anyone recommend a simple video editor that will let me cut out unwanted sections in an .mp4 file?

 

 

73 N2DYN Angelo


Re: more secure e-mail

Gene
 

There are many times when people ask a question and don't realize that there are other things to consider.

Often on lists, people ask how to do a specific thing. Other list members may want to know why the person wants to do it because often, when someone asks how to do a specific thing, they are asking because they think it is the best way to achieve some goal. It may not be.

I see, reasonably often, such instances. Someone will ask how to do a specific thing and through discussion, they later explain the actual goal or underlying thing they are trying to achieve. Once list members know that, they can answer the underlying question and can help the person determine if what they want to do is a good way to accomplish the underlying goal.

I expressed my opinion. Others can express theirs. And this is a list. I'm not just writing for the benefit of one person. Others following the thread may benefit from my opinion or from a diversity of opinions expressed. And I specifically said that I didn't know the specific circumstances or reason the person asked the question. that invites the person to explain why they want to do what they are asking about.

Gene

----Original Message-----
From: Hope Williamson
Sent: Thursday, April 08, 2021 6:27 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] more secure e-mail

Right, people can decide to do anything they want. Therefore, it isn't
up to me or you to decide for them.

She wanted an opinion on Fastmail, not a question as to why she
isn't using one service or another, or a debate over it. If she had
asked the question differently, like which one is better, then I'm sure
everyone has their own opinions on that.

\On 4/8/2021 3:39 PM, Gene wrote:

Why not discuss the question? Isn't this a choice like all sorts of
others, what brand of computer to use, what browsers are preferred and
why, etc? People can decide to do anything they want. If you start
arbitrarily ruling certain choices as out of bounds, where do you stop?

Gene
-----Original Message----- From: Hope Williamson
Sent: Thursday, April 08, 2021 5:32 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] more secure e-mail



People don't wish to use Google as they're email service, and that's
fine. There's no reason to question those decisions.

I haven't used Fastmail myself, but it's something I've been looking
into. I'm pretty sure it's something you could use with a client like
Thunderbird, if you wanted to.


On 4/8/2021 12:52 PM, Thomas N. Chan wrote:

Is there any reason why you don't wish to use google or microsoft as
your email provider?
You can also pay them to get higher storage like google workspace and
your own domain like yourdomain.com etc.
As for Microsoft, its rather tie down to office as well.
Personally, I have been using Google ap, change name to G-suite and
now workspace for my own email and work.

Then again, that also depend how much you are willing to pay for your
email service.
Did your telco/provider gave you one email?


On Fri, 9 Apr 2021 at 01:51, heather albright <kd5cbl@gmail.com> wrote:


Hello, I am thinking about purcheassing an e-mail service instead of
using free e-mail from google or outlook. I was looking to fastmail as
a possibility. Has anyone used this service before? Thanks Heather



Sent from Mail for Windows 10







Re: more secure e-mail

Nimer Jaber
 

Hello,

I am going to address your message in-line below.

On Thu, Apr 8, 2021 at 4:25 PM heather albright <kd5cbl@...> wrote:

Well, I have google accounts and found out one of  my g-mail  was in the data hack from facebook.

I would bet that your email has probably been in other hacks as well. 

I always change all my passwords and have 2 factor on the accounts.

Super! You are far ahead of the curve, and you are protecting yourself. That is excellent. 

I was just concerned with the e-mail being tied to my card or bank accounts.

What exactly is the concern? Simply having your email address is not enough for your bank account to get hacked. They would also need your password for that, and hopefully, you are using different passwords for each account you have, as well as two-factor authentication on each account that you possibly can. If you are doing that, it doesn't matter that a hacker has your email account, or that it is tied to any other service.  

So I wanted to find out if fast mail would be a better service to have my accounts tied too for dealing with things like card accounts and the bank account.

I think you will find that this makes no difference. Again, protecting your accounts with a good passwords, two-factor authentication, and using different passwords for each account will go much farther than using different email accounts. If you do wish to use different email acconts for each service, I recommend adding a = (plus) sign followed by the name of the service at the end of your email address. For instance, I use a service called Streamyard, and my email on that service is nimerjaber1+streamyard@.... This way, all your meails are going to the same inbox, and you can easily set up filters and labels to put those filtered emails for each of those services. This way, you have one email address, still have the benefit of multiple email addresses, and you will know if one of those services gets hacked, is charging you extra, etc. This is how I do things, of course you can choose to do things differently. 

I use one of my accounts specifically for all the group lists and the other is for dealing with the bank and cards and any other personal info.

Probably a good idea, but not necessary. This is really why filters are helpful. 

I was reading up on it, they say they get rid of spamm and blocks e-mail addresses to your account.

Every email provider will let in some spam on occasion. The more public your email address is, the more likely your email address will get spam. Don't open it, report it as spam, and you'll find that more and more will end up there, and less and less will reach your Inbox. This goes for any email provider you could possibly use. As soon as you fill out a form, and provide your email address online, or reply using that email address, or use an email address with a common name, you've opened yourself to spam. It's sort of like spam calls. No matter which number you use, which provider you use, you will get the occasional spam call. 

I like google but,some spamm keeps getting my mail or I get spamm messages from friends who had their account hacked with porm.

This will happen if you use Fastmail or any other mail provider. If your friend has that email address, their email gets hacked, your email address has been provided to the spammer, you will be spammed. 

I do not have a Microsoft account tied to my outlook account and I am running a windows local account. I noticed my icloud account never gets spam; go apple!

If your iCloud account was used more often, or made more public, or used to fill out forms, I have no doubt that it would get spam. 

Cheers Heather

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 

From: Nimer Jaber
Sent: Thursday, April 8, 2021 6:08 PM
To: main@techtalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] more secure e-mail

 

Hello,

 

Often times, people don't want to use Google because of misconceptions, so it's fine, I think, for people to make recommendations. We all are on here knowing that we can choose to accept or reject any feedback anyone provides.

 

As for using Google or not using Google, a lot of times, people will make these snap product decisions because a product isn't doing something desirable, or is doing something undesirable. I would recommend that, before changing what you have been using, you examine your reasons, and you get to know the product you are using to determine if there are settings and options that can mitigate the undesirable behavior. Often times, people who use Google products are unhappy because they believe that Google is using information in ways which are undesirable. There are privacy and security settings which a user can change to limit what data Google does have and use. Often times, things go in the media that end up sensationalized. Simply reading terms of service and privacy policies may help quash those beliefs. These are simply examples. I don't know what the reason is for wanting to use Fastmail over Gmail, but I would say that you should be well-informed about that change. And finally, if you believe that Fastmail will provide better security or privacy than Google, I believe that belief is a bit misguided, although anyone can believe whatever they wish.

 

On Thu, Apr 8, 2021 at 3:32 PM Hope Williamson <webspinner@...> wrote:

People don't wish to use Google as they're email service, and that's fine. There's no reason to question those decisions.

    I haven't used Fastmail myself, but it's something I've been looking into. I'm pretty sure it's something you could use with a client like Thunderbird, if you wanted to.

On 4/8/2021 12:52 PM, Thomas N. Chan wrote:

Is there any reason why you  don't wish  to use google or microsoft as your email provider?

You can also pay them to get higher storage like google workspace and your own domain like yourdomain.com etc. 

As for Microsoft, its rather tie down to office as well.

Personally, I have been using Google ap, change name to G-suite and now workspace for my own email and work.

 

Then again, that also depend how much you are willing to pay for your email service.

Did your telco/provider gave you one email?

 

On Fri, 9 Apr 2021 at 01:51, heather albright <kd5cbl@...> wrote:

Hello, I am thinking about purcheassing an e-mail service instead of using free e-mail from google or outlook. I was looking to fastmail as a possibility. Has anyone used this service before? Thanks Heather

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 


 

--


Regards,
Thomas N. Chan


 

--

Best,

Nimer Jaber

The message above is intended for the recipient to whom it was
addressed. If you believe that you are not the intended recipient,
please notify me via reply email and destroy all copies of this
correspondence. Action taken as a result of this email or its contents
by anyone other than the intended recipient(s) may result in civil or
criminal charges. I have checked this email and all corresponding
attachments for security threats.


Registered Linux User 529141.
http://counter.li.org/

To find out about a free, open-source, and versatile screen reader for Windows, visit nvaccess.org

You can follow @nimerjaber on Twitter for the latest technology news.

To contact me, you can reply to this email or you may call me at (970) (393-4481) and I will do my best to respond to you promptly.

 

Thank you, and have a great day!

 



--
Best,

Nimer Jaber

The message above is intended for the recipient to whom it was
addressed. If you believe that you are not the intended recipient,
please notify me via reply email and destroy all copies of this
correspondence. Action taken as a result of this email or its contents
by anyone other than the intended recipient(s) may result in civil or
criminal charges. I have checked this email and all corresponding
attachments for security threats.

Registered Linux User 529141.
http://counter.li.org/

To find out about a free, open-source, and versatile screen reader for Windows, visit nvaccess.org

You can follow @nimerjaber on Twitter for the latest technology news.

To contact me, you can reply to this email or you may call me at (970) (393-4481) and I will do my best to respond to you promptly.

Thank you, and have a great day!


Re: more secure e-mail

Hope Williamson
 

Right, people can decide to do anything they want. Therefore, it isn't
up to me or you to decide for them.

    She wanted an opinion on Fastmail, not a question as to why she
isn't using one service or another, or a debate over it. If she had
asked the question differently, like which one is better, then I'm sure
everyone has their own opinions on that.

\On 4/8/2021 3:39 PM, Gene wrote:

Why not discuss the question?  Isn't this a choice like all sorts of
others, what brand of computer to use, what browsers are preferred and
why, etc? People can decide to do anything they want.  If you start
arbitrarily ruling certain choices as out of bounds, where do you stop?

Gene
-----Original Message----- From: Hope Williamson
Sent: Thursday, April 08, 2021 5:32 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] more secure e-mail



People don't wish to use Google as they're email service, and that's
fine. There's no reason to question those decisions.

  I haven't used Fastmail myself, but it's something I've been looking
into. I'm pretty sure it's something you could use with a client like
Thunderbird, if you wanted to.


On 4/8/2021 12:52 PM, Thomas N. Chan wrote:

Is there any reason why you  don't wish  to use google or microsoft as
your email provider?
You can also pay them to get higher storage like google workspace and
your own domain like yourdomain.com etc.
As for Microsoft, its rather tie down to office as well.
Personally, I have been using Google ap, change name to G-suite and
now workspace for my own email and work.

Then again, that also depend how much you are willing to pay for your
email service.
Did your telco/provider gave you one email?


On Fri, 9 Apr 2021 at 01:51, heather albright <kd5cbl@gmail.com> wrote:


Hello, I am thinking about purcheassing an e-mail service instead of
using free e-mail from google or outlook. I was looking to fastmail as
a possibility. Has anyone used this service before? Thanks Heather



Sent from Mail for Windows 10







Re: more secure e-mail

heather albright
 

Well, I have google accounts and found out one of  my g-mail  was in the data hack from facebook. I always change all my passwords and have 2 factor on the accounts. I was just concerned with the e-mail being tied to my card or bank accounts. So I wanted to find out if fast mail would be a better service to have my accounts tied too for dealing with things like card accounts and the bank account. I use one of my accounts specifically for all the group lists and the other is for dealing with the bank and cards and any other personal info.

I was reading up on it, they say they get rid of spamm and blocks e-mail addresses to your account. I like google but,some spamm keeps getting my mail or I get spamm messages from friends who had their account hacked with porm.

I do not have a Microsoft account tied to my outlook account and I am running a windows local account. I noticed my icloud account never gets spam; go apple!

Cheers Heather

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 

From: Nimer Jaber
Sent: Thursday, April 8, 2021 6:08 PM
To: main@techtalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] more secure e-mail

 

Hello,

 

Often times, people don't want to use Google because of misconceptions, so it's fine, I think, for people to make recommendations. We all are on here knowing that we can choose to accept or reject any feedback anyone provides.

 

As for using Google or not using Google, a lot of times, people will make these snap product decisions because a product isn't doing something desirable, or is doing something undesirable. I would recommend that, before changing what you have been using, you examine your reasons, and you get to know the product you are using to determine if there are settings and options that can mitigate the undesirable behavior. Often times, people who use Google products are unhappy because they believe that Google is using information in ways which are undesirable. There are privacy and security settings which a user can change to limit what data Google does have and use. Often times, things go in the media that end up sensationalized. Simply reading terms of service and privacy policies may help quash those beliefs. These are simply examples. I don't know what the reason is for wanting to use Fastmail over Gmail, but I would say that you should be well-informed about that change. And finally, if you believe that Fastmail will provide better security or privacy than Google, I believe that belief is a bit misguided, although anyone can believe whatever they wish.

 

On Thu, Apr 8, 2021 at 3:32 PM Hope Williamson <webspinner@...> wrote:

People don't wish to use Google as they're email service, and that's fine. There's no reason to question those decisions.

    I haven't used Fastmail myself, but it's something I've been looking into. I'm pretty sure it's something you could use with a client like Thunderbird, if you wanted to.

On 4/8/2021 12:52 PM, Thomas N. Chan wrote:

Is there any reason why you  don't wish  to use google or microsoft as your email provider?

You can also pay them to get higher storage like google workspace and your own domain like yourdomain.com etc. 

As for Microsoft, its rather tie down to office as well.

Personally, I have been using Google ap, change name to G-suite and now workspace for my own email and work.

 

Then again, that also depend how much you are willing to pay for your email service.

Did your telco/provider gave you one email?

 

On Fri, 9 Apr 2021 at 01:51, heather albright <kd5cbl@...> wrote:

Hello, I am thinking about purcheassing an e-mail service instead of using free e-mail from google or outlook. I was looking to fastmail as a possibility. Has anyone used this service before? Thanks Heather

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 


 

--


Regards,
Thomas N. Chan


 

--

Best,

Nimer Jaber

The message above is intended for the recipient to whom it was
addressed. If you believe that you are not the intended recipient,
please notify me via reply email and destroy all copies of this
correspondence. Action taken as a result of this email or its contents
by anyone other than the intended recipient(s) may result in civil or
criminal charges. I have checked this email and all corresponding
attachments for security threats.


Registered Linux User 529141.
http://counter.li.org/

To find out about a free, open-source, and versatile screen reader for Windows, visit nvaccess.org

You can follow @nimerjaber on Twitter for the latest technology news.

To contact me, you can reply to this email or you may call me at (970) (393-4481) and I will do my best to respond to you promptly.

 

Thank you, and have a great day!

 


Re: more secure e-mail

Nimer Jaber
 

Hello,

Often times, people don't want to use Google because of misconceptions, so it's fine, I think, for people to make recommendations. We all are on here knowing that we can choose to accept or reject any feedback anyone provides.

As for using Google or not using Google, a lot of times, people will make these snap product decisions because a product isn't doing something desirable, or is doing something undesirable. I would recommend that, before changing what you have been using, you examine your reasons, and you get to know the product you are using to determine if there are settings and options that can mitigate the undesirable behavior. Often times, people who use Google products are unhappy because they believe that Google is using information in ways which are undesirable. There are privacy and security settings which a user can change to limit what data Google does have and use. Often times, things go in the media that end up sensationalized. Simply reading terms of service and privacy policies may help quash those beliefs. These are simply examples. I don't know what the reason is for wanting to use Fastmail over Gmail, but I would say that you should be well-informed about that change. And finally, if you believe that Fastmail will provide better security or privacy than Google, I believe that belief is a bit misguided, although anyone can believe whatever they wish.

On Thu, Apr 8, 2021 at 3:32 PM Hope Williamson <webspinner@...> wrote:

People don't wish to use Google as they're email service, and that's fine. There's no reason to question those decisions.

    I haven't used Fastmail myself, but it's something I've been looking into. I'm pretty sure it's something you could use with a client like Thunderbird, if you wanted to.

On 4/8/2021 12:52 PM, Thomas N. Chan wrote:
Is there any reason why you  don't wish  to use google or microsoft as your email provider?
You can also pay them to get higher storage like google workspace and your own domain like yourdomain.com etc. 
As for Microsoft, its rather tie down to office as well.
Personally, I have been using Google ap, change name to G-suite and now workspace for my own email and work.

Then again, that also depend how much you are willing to pay for your email service.
Did your telco/provider gave you one email?

On Fri, 9 Apr 2021 at 01:51, heather albright <kd5cbl@...> wrote:

Hello, I am thinking about purcheassing an e-mail service instead of using free e-mail from google or outlook. I was looking to fastmail as a possibility. Has anyone used this service before? Thanks Heather

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 



--

Regards,
Thomas N. Chan



--
Best,

Nimer Jaber

The message above is intended for the recipient to whom it was
addressed. If you believe that you are not the intended recipient,
please notify me via reply email and destroy all copies of this
correspondence. Action taken as a result of this email or its contents
by anyone other than the intended recipient(s) may result in civil or
criminal charges. I have checked this email and all corresponding
attachments for security threats.

Registered Linux User 529141.
http://counter.li.org/

To find out about a free, open-source, and versatile screen reader for Windows, visit nvaccess.org

You can follow @nimerjaber on Twitter for the latest technology news.

To contact me, you can reply to this email or you may call me at (970) (393-4481) and I will do my best to respond to you promptly.

Thank you, and have a great day!


Re: more secure e-mail

Gene
 

Why not discuss the question? Isn't this a choice like all sorts of others, what brand of computer to use, what browsers are preferred and why, etc? People can decide to do anything they want. If you start arbitrarily ruling certain choices as out of bounds, where do you stop?

Gene

-----Original Message-----
From: Hope Williamson
Sent: Thursday, April 08, 2021 5:32 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] more secure e-mail



People don't wish to use Google as they're email service, and that's fine. There's no reason to question those decisions.

I haven't used Fastmail myself, but it's something I've been looking into. I'm pretty sure it's something you could use with a client like Thunderbird, if you wanted to.


On 4/8/2021 12:52 PM, Thomas N. Chan wrote:

Is there any reason why you don't wish to use google or microsoft as your email provider?
You can also pay them to get higher storage like google workspace and your own domain like yourdomain.com etc.
As for Microsoft, its rather tie down to office as well.
Personally, I have been using Google ap, change name to G-suite and now workspace for my own email and work.

Then again, that also depend how much you are willing to pay for your email service.
Did your telco/provider gave you one email?


On Fri, 9 Apr 2021 at 01:51, heather albright <kd5cbl@gmail.com> wrote:


Hello, I am thinking about purcheassing an e-mail service instead of using free e-mail from google or outlook. I was looking to fastmail as a possibility. Has anyone used this service before? Thanks Heather



Sent from Mail for Windows 10







--


Regards,
Thomas N. Chan


Re: more secure e-mail

Hope Williamson
 

People don't wish to use Google as they're email service, and that's fine. There's no reason to question those decisions.

    I haven't used Fastmail myself, but it's something I've been looking into. I'm pretty sure it's something you could use with a client like Thunderbird, if you wanted to.

On 4/8/2021 12:52 PM, Thomas N. Chan wrote:
Is there any reason why you  don't wish  to use google or microsoft as your email provider?
You can also pay them to get higher storage like google workspace and your own domain like yourdomain.com etc. 
As for Microsoft, its rather tie down to office as well.
Personally, I have been using Google ap, change name to G-suite and now workspace for my own email and work.

Then again, that also depend how much you are willing to pay for your email service.
Did your telco/provider gave you one email?

On Fri, 9 Apr 2021 at 01:51, heather albright <kd5cbl@...> wrote:

Hello, I am thinking about purcheassing an e-mail service instead of using free e-mail from google or outlook. I was looking to fastmail as a possibility. Has anyone used this service before? Thanks Heather

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 



--

Regards,
Thomas N. Chan


Side Loading Apps Would Break the Security and Privacy of iPhone Says Tim Cook!

Janet
 

Hi Everyone,
Well, I'm once reading again! I came across this article in which I thought was quite interesting, I copied and pasted below.

Side loading Apps Would 'Break' the Security and Privacy of iPhone, Says Tim Cook
Monday April 5, 2021 4:32 am PDT by
Sami Fathi
In a
wide-ranging interview
with The New York Times' Kara Swisher, on her podcast "Sway," Apple CEO
Tim Cook
talks about Apple's feud with Facebook, its stance on privacy, Apple's legal battle with
Epic Games,
and possible future Apple innovations such as
Apple Glasses.
tim cook apple park
Apple is in the midst of a
heated public spat with Facebook
over privacy, particularly over an upcoming feature on iOS that will require apps to ask for users consent before tracking them.
The new feature called ATT, or App Tracking Transparency, coming with iOS 14.5 in "a few weeks," according to Cook, will force apps to ask users for permission
to track them across other apps and websites. Facebook has argued vehemently against the new feature, saying it impacts small businesses that rely on personalized
ads, derived from tracking, to keep afloat.
‌Tim Cook‌ says he disagrees with that argument, indirectly saying that Facebook's point of view is "flimsy." Cook calls privacy the "top issue of the
21st century," adding that with tracking, companies, such as Facebook are able to put "together an entire profile of what you're thinking and what you're
doing."
What App Tracking Transparency] tries to get at is companies that are taking advantage of tracking you across apps of other companies and therefore putting
together an entire profile of what you're thinking, what you're doing, surveilling you across the web 24/7.
They'll see a simple pop-up that basically prompts them to answer the question, are they OK with being tracked or not? If they are, things move on. If
they're not, then the tracking is turned off.
When asked how the new feature will impact Facebook,
Cook says he's not "focused on Facebook,"
saying Apple adds new tools and features every year that improves and doubles down on user privacy. Speaking more specifically to what actions may need
to be taken against companies that track users, Cook says he used to be a firm believer in the ability for companies to regulate themselves but notes that's
now changed.

Generally speaking, I think privacy is one of the top issues of the 21st century, and I think we're in a crisis. Years ago, I thought companies would regulate
themselves and sort of get better. I no longer believe that. And I'm not generally somebody that is keen on regulation, but I think that regulation is
required.

In a speech at a
privacy conference in January,
Cook strongly condemned social media companies that fuel conspiracy theories thanks to their algorithms. Cook says that Apple doesn't have a social media
platform that is "pushing stuff in your feed," but notes it does have the
App Store
which it takes careful consideration in curating content for.

Well, you know, I can only speak for Apple. And from the very start, we've always believed in curation. And so we review every app that goes on the store.
That doesn't mean that we're perfect at doing it. We're not. But we care deeply about what we're offering our users. And when we have a new product like

Apple News,
we have human editors that are selecting the key stories. And so they're avoiding all of the misinformation that is out there. The reality is that the
web in some areas has become a dark place. And without curation, you wind up with this firehose of things that I would not want to put into an amplifier.
Which is what tech is in a large way. If you have a platform, you amplify things.

Cook in typical Apple fashion never comments on future, unreleased Apple products. However, possibly hinting at ‌Apple Glasses‌, Cook says AR is "critically"
important for the future of Apple. The CEO envisions a future where conversations include more than just words, but include charts, and "other things"
appearing in a virtual space.

Well, I can't talk about anything that we may or may not have in the pipeline. But in terms of AR, the promise of AR is that you and I are having a great
conversation right now. Arguably, it could even be better if we were able to augment our discussion with charts or other things to appear. Your audience
would also benefit from this, too, I think. And so when I think about that in different fields, whether it's health, whether it's education, whether it's
gaming, whether it's retail, I'm already seeing AR take off in some of these areas. And I think the promise is even greater in the future. So it's a critically
important part of Apple's future.

Speaking about
Apple's fight with Epic Games,
Cook says that Epic had long followed ‌App Store‌ rules, but decided to no longer follow the guidelines all other developers follow. Cook says Apple is
"confident" in its case with the gaming giant.
It's about living up to the rules and the guidelines of the ‌App Store‌, and they had done that for years and then had decided, evidently, that they didn't
want to follow the rules anymore and had passed something throughout the review process, and then after it had been through app review, changed it on the
server-side. So it was sort of a deceitful move. And so we're going into court. We're coming to tell our story. We're going to talk about the privacy and
security aspects of the store. And we're confident in our case.

One of ‌Epic Games‌' biggest arguments about the Apple ecosystem is the lack of so-called "freedom" for users to download apps from places other than the
‌App Store‌. Many have long voiced their hope that Apple would allow users to sideload apps onto their device, such as the
iPhone.
Cook says that sideloading apps, however, would "break the privacy and security" model of the ‌iPhone‌.
In the remainder of the podcast, ‌Tim Cook‌ talks about his relationship with the President Biden administration and said he "probably" will not be Apple's
CEO in 10 years. The full 36-minute long podcast is available over at
The New York Times.

Peace Be With You.


Re: more secure e-mail

Gene
 

I don't know your specific situation but in general, so much information is collected that my question is why worry about this one thing? Do you use Facebook? A lot of peoples' personal information such as birthdays have leaked. Do you use a smart phone? The phone provides a rough record of where you go and when and if someone wanted to, they could find out. How about smart phone apps? A lot of them share information and I doubt you have any idea which ones share what. Do you use loyalty cards at stores? Information is being collected. I don't know this, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if information about credit card purchases is collected as well.

and whether you pay for e-mail or not, to prevent your e-mail being used to advertise to you, e-mail isn't secure unless it is encrypted. Why spend money and worry about this one thing?

Gene

-----Original Message-----
From: Thomas N. Chan
Sent: Thursday, April 08, 2021 2:52 PM
To: main@techtalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] more secure e-mail


Is there any reason why you don't wish to use google or microsoft as your email provider?
You can also pay them to get higher storage like google workspace and your own domain like yourdomain.com etc.
As for Microsoft, its rather tie down to office as well.
Personally, I have been using Google ap, change name to G-suite and now workspace for my own email and work.

Then again, that also depend how much you are willing to pay for your email service.
Did your telco/provider gave you one email?


On Fri, 9 Apr 2021 at 01:51, heather albright <kd5cbl@gmail.com> wrote:


Hello, I am thinking about purcheassing an e-mail service instead of using free e-mail from google or outlook. I was looking to fastmail as a possibility. Has anyone used this service before? Thanks Heather



Sent from Mail for Windows 10













--


Regards,
Thomas N. Chan


Re: more secure e-mail

Thomas N. Chan
 

Is there any reason why you  don't wish  to use google or microsoft as your email provider?
You can also pay them to get higher storage like google workspace and your own domain like yourdomain.com etc. 
As for Microsoft, its rather tie down to office as well.
Personally, I have been using Google ap, change name to G-suite and now workspace for my own email and work.

Then again, that also depend how much you are willing to pay for your email service.
Did your telco/provider gave you one email?

On Fri, 9 Apr 2021 at 01:51, heather albright <kd5cbl@...> wrote:

Hello, I am thinking about purcheassing an e-mail service instead of using free e-mail from google or outlook. I was looking to fastmail as a possibility. Has anyone used this service before? Thanks Heather

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 



--

Regards,
Thomas N. Chan


more secure e-mail

heather albright
 

Hello, I am thinking about purcheassing an e-mail service instead of using free e-mail from google or outlook. I was looking to fastmail as a possibility. Has anyone used this service before? Thanks Heather

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 


Re: deleting short cut off the desktop

heather albright
 

I finally got it to go a way after restarting the pc. I had moved it to the favorites folder and had erased the short cut off the desktop. It was in the recyle ben but, after I restarted my pc when I had a jaws u, it was no longer on the desktop. Cheers Heather s

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 

From: John Holcomb II
Sent: Wednesday, April 7, 2021 12:02 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] deleting short cut off the desktop

 

Because you deleted the favorite but you didn’t delete the actual shortcut.

If you hit delete on the thing that it can’t find it should let you delete it.

Try that and let us know.

John

 

 

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of heather albright
Sent: Wednesday, April 07, 2021 1:00 PM
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] deleting short cut off the desktop

 

Hello, I have a desktop favorite and I deleted it to the recyle ben and cleared the ben but, it will not get off my desktop. It is still on it and but, it says it cant find it, so why is it still on the desktop. Any ideas? Heather

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 

 


Re: playing siriusXM on 2 devices at the same time

chris judge
 

Hi Troy. You might want to contact Sirius to see if there is an upgrade to allow you to stream on more than one device. I don't know if there is.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Troy Burnham
Sent: April 7, 2021 10:17 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] playing siriusXM on 2 devices at the same time

Chris,


I can tell you from personal experience that if you're listening to siriusXM on an echo that you can't also have it playing on the app at the same time. At least it appears to be that way, my mom has the app on her phone and if she's at work and opens the app while I'm listening here at home through my echo my feed stops and when I try to restart I get a message that siriusXM is being played on another device, and I'm pretty sure that if she is listening to the app at work and I ask my echo to play siriusXM the same thing happens as I described above in reverse. That's why I originally started this thread, to see if anything can be done.


Btw my mom has an xm receiver in her car and she can have it on in the car and I can be listening here at the same time.


Troy



On 4/6/2021 9:29 AM, chris judge wrote:
This is true. I use Sirius all the time. I usually use my amazon echo to select what channel I want to listen to. If we try to launch Sirius on another speaker it won't work and we get a message from Sirius that it is already playing on another device. I haven't tried listening on the app while playing on an echo device.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Wendy Walker
Sent: April 6, 2021 11:18 AM
To: main@techtalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] playing siriusXM on 2 devices at the same time


I have an online subscription and I was told by the rep I could only listen to it on one device at a time. He was very specific aboutit.

Wendy


On Mar 4, 2021, at 11:14 AM, Troy Burnham <troyburnham34@gmail.com> wrote:

John,


I don't know the answer to either of your questions. That may at least give me an idea of what to ask about if or when I contact siriusXM.


Troy



On 3/4/2021 9:58 AM, John Holcomb II wrote:
Do you have an account that let’s you listen to all devices at the same time nad are all of them registered ?
John
On Mar 4, 2021, at 9:21 AM, Troy Burnham <troyburnham34@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi all,


If I try to listen to siriusXM here at home with my amazon echo and my mom tries to listen through the xm app on her phone while at work, whoever starts listening first the feed gets interrupted when the other person turns it on. Is this normal behavior and is there anything we can do where we can both listen at the same time with no interruptions? Btw this is with an online subscription, the same thing doesn't happen between the xm receiver in the car and my echo.


Thanks.


Troy

















Re: playing siriusXM on 2 devices at the same time

John Holcomb II
 

I wonder if they offer some kind of family thing where you can have more than one account and more than one person able to listen. Hmm.
John

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Troy Burnham
Sent: Wednesday, April 07, 2021 9:17 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] playing siriusXM on 2 devices at the same time

Chris,


I can tell you from personal experience that if you're listening to siriusXM on an echo that you can't also have it playing on the app at the same time. At least it appears to be that way, my mom has the app on her phone and if she's at work and opens the app while I'm listening here at home through my echo my feed stops and when I try to restart I get a message that siriusXM is being played on another device, and I'm pretty sure that if she is listening to the app at work and I ask my echo to play siriusXM the same thing happens as I described above in reverse. That's why I originally started this thread, to see if anything can be done.


Btw my mom has an xm receiver in her car and she can have it on in the car and I can be listening here at the same time.


Troy



On 4/6/2021 9:29 AM, chris judge wrote:
This is true. I use Sirius all the time. I usually use my amazon echo to select what channel I want to listen to. If we try to launch Sirius on another speaker it won't work and we get a message from Sirius that it is already playing on another device. I haven't tried listening on the app while playing on an echo device.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Wendy Walker
Sent: April 6, 2021 11:18 AM
To: main@techtalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] playing siriusXM on 2 devices at the same time


I have an online subscription and I was told by the rep I could only listen to it on one device at a time. He was very specific aboutit.

Wendy


On Mar 4, 2021, at 11:14 AM, Troy Burnham <troyburnham34@gmail.com> wrote:

John,


I don't know the answer to either of your questions. That may at least give me an idea of what to ask about if or when I contact siriusXM.


Troy



On 3/4/2021 9:58 AM, John Holcomb II wrote:
Do you have an account that let’s you listen to all devices at the same time nad are all of them registered ?
John
On Mar 4, 2021, at 9:21 AM, Troy Burnham <troyburnham34@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi all,


If I try to listen to siriusXM here at home with my amazon echo and my mom tries to listen through the xm app on her phone while at work, whoever starts listening first the feed gets interrupted when the other person turns it on. Is this normal behavior and is there anything we can do where we can both listen at the same time with no interruptions? Btw this is with an online subscription, the same thing doesn't happen between the xm receiver in the car and my echo.


Thanks.


Troy

















Re: playing siriusXM on 2 devices at the same time

Troy Burnham
 

Chris,


I can tell you from personal experience that if you're listening to siriusXM on an echo that you can't also have it playing on the app at the same time. At least it appears to be that way, my mom has the app on her phone and if she's at work and opens the app while I'm listening here at home through my echo my feed stops and when I try to restart I get a message that siriusXM is being played on another device, and I'm pretty sure that if she is listening to the app at work and I ask my echo to play siriusXM the same thing happens as I described above in reverse. That's why I originally started this thread, to see if anything can be done.


Btw my mom has an xm receiver in her car and she can have it on in the car and I can be listening here at the same time.


Troy

On 4/6/2021 9:29 AM, chris judge wrote:
This is true. I use Sirius all the time. I usually use my amazon echo to select what channel I want to listen to. If we try to launch Sirius on another speaker it won't work and we get a message from Sirius that it is already playing on another device. I haven't tried listening on the app while playing on an echo device.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Wendy Walker
Sent: April 6, 2021 11:18 AM
To: main@techtalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] playing siriusXM on 2 devices at the same time


I have an online subscription and I was told by the rep I could only listen to it on one device at a time. He was very specific aboutit.

Wendy


On Mar 4, 2021, at 11:14 AM, Troy Burnham <troyburnham34@gmail.com> wrote:

John,


I don't know the answer to either of your questions. That may at least give me an idea of what to ask about if or when I contact siriusXM.


Troy



On 3/4/2021 9:58 AM, John Holcomb II wrote:
Do you have an account that let’s you listen to all devices at the same time nad are all of them registered ?
John
On Mar 4, 2021, at 9:21 AM, Troy Burnham <troyburnham34@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi all,


If I try to listen to siriusXM here at home with my amazon echo and my mom tries to listen through the xm app on her phone while at work, whoever starts listening first the feed gets interrupted when the other person turns it on. Is this normal behavior and is there anything we can do where we can both listen at the same time with no interruptions? Btw this is with an online subscription, the same thing doesn't happen between the xm receiver in the car and my echo.


Thanks.


Troy
















Re: I need help setting up windows mail.

Jim Rawls
 

Hi Janet,

Yes, they are setting up the new computer and there will’ve a version of outlook on it. So I will just hang in there. Thanks for your advice. Jim

 

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Janet
Sent: Wednesday, April 7, 2021 2:34 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] I need help setting up windows mail.

 

Hi Jim,

I’m assuming you are referring to the Windows Mail App when you say Windows Mail, right?  Jim because you will be getting a new PC from an agency, you need to ask them if there is going to be an Outlook program on the new PC.  If so, you need to ask them which Outlook version, and if they are going to set it up for you, and if so, you need to ask them for the password they will be using, unless they are going to be using your current password.  If they are not going to put an Outlook account on the PC, you can then think about the Windows Mail Ap.  It isn’t difficult to set up Windows Mail App, but right now you might not want to upset the apple cart!  LOL!  The agency might already have an Outlook account set up for you especially if they are going to set up the PC for you.  When I set up my new Windows 10 PC, and entered my Wi-Fi information, that took me directly to the MS web site, and I got a message asking me to log in to my account with my current email address as well as my password with my Outlook account.  So, after I entered that information, the Windows Mail App was automatically created.  So, you can do the samething, but I don’t know if you are setting up the new PC, is the agency setting it up for you, is there going to be a new version of Outlook.  These are questions you need to ask the agency so you can now prepare for the new PC.  I’m assuming you only have a couple of months to go before you get the new PC, right?

 

Janet

 

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jim Rawls
Sent: Wednesday, April 07, 2021 12:52 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] I need help setting up windows mail.

 

Hi all, I need help setting windows mail up. If someone could do a tandem session with me, I would appreciate it. Thanks, I am running jaws 18 and windows ten. . Jim


Re: Combination A M FM clock radio with phone

Ron Canazzi
 

When I search on the exact way you referenced the phone, I get a bunch of references to some sort of automotive grill work.


Re: I need help setting up windows mail.

Janet
 

Hi Jim,

I’m assuming you are referring to the Windows Mail App when you say Windows Mail, right?  Jim because you will be getting a new PC from an agency, you need to ask them if there is going to be an Outlook program on the new PC.  If so, you need to ask them which Outlook version, and if they are going to set it up for you, and if so, you need to ask them for the password they will be using, unless they are going to be using your current password.  If they are not going to put an Outlook account on the PC, you can then think about the Windows Mail Ap.  It isn’t difficult to set up Windows Mail App, but right now you might not want to upset the apple cart!  LOL!  The agency might already have an Outlook account set up for you especially if they are going to set up the PC for you.  When I set up my new Windows 10 PC, and entered my Wi-Fi information, that took me directly to the MS web site, and I got a message asking me to log in to my account with my current email address as well as my password with my Outlook account.  So, after I entered that information, the Windows Mail App was automatically created.  So, you can do the samething, but I don’t know if you are setting up the new PC, is the agency setting it up for you, is there going to be a new version of Outlook.  These are questions you need to ask the agency so you can now prepare for the new PC.  I’m assuming you only have a couple of months to go before you get the new PC, right?

 

Janet

 

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jim Rawls
Sent: Wednesday, April 07, 2021 12:52 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] I need help setting up windows mail.

 

Hi all, I need help setting windows mail up. If someone could do a tandem session with me, I would appreciate it. Thanks, I am running jaws 18 and windows ten. . Jim

4341 - 4360 of 102309