Date   

tatrapoint brailler

Josh Kennedy
 

Hi,

Has anyone ever used the tatrapoint brailler? Is it as good as the perkins brailler? How is the dot quality?

 

Josh

 

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 


Re: Help With Open Drive

Walter Ramage
 

Hi. There are two methods of doing that. the first is the most simple and that is to do a restart of your computer and when restarted you will find you need to log in again to get access to your account. The second is a bit more complicated but once you get used to it, is quite straightforward. I don't know if you use Win10 or Win7 but I use Win7. I would imagine it is almost identical but here's what you do: Go to your task manager, in Win7 it is control and shift and escape. Normally you will land on the application page. Now pres control and tab to change page and look for the "Processes page. Once there tab to the list view and then press o for Open Drive. When you have focus on Open Drive, tab until you hear "End Process" and press enter or space bar. That will end the Open Drive process and you will then be logged out. I though, to be sure tab around until I hear "end Process" again and once more press the enter or space bar. I don't know why but it sometimes appears it has to be done twice to confirm but that's not always. In any case that will solve your problem. Let us know how you get on. Walter.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Margaret Thomas
Sent: 10 July 2019 13:56
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Help With Open Drive

Thanks, that did the trick to get the list of documents in a folder the
way I'm used to.

I'm still having trouble logging out. I haven't found that level 2
screen today which seemed to be the only way I could log out the other
day. Do you have any ideas? I'm missing something that's probably
perfectly simple.

Thanks,

Margaret

On 7/9/2019 1:06 PM, Walter Ramage via Groups.Io wrote:
Hi. This is perfectly normal. However when you are in any particular folder then go to your view menu and arrow down to list view and then press the enter key, it will then present it to you in the way you prefer. Walter.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Margaret Thomas
Sent: 09 July 2019 17:35
To: TechTalk
Subject: [TechTalk] Help With Open Drive

Hi, All:

I got a year's personal unlimited subscription to OpenDrive the other
day and things are not going well and I could really use some help with
the service.

I signed up before downloading and installing the desktop application.
For now, I just want to back up some important files and not have them
public.

I saved a couple Word 2010 test documents on my Win 7 computer and
uploaded them to Documents in OverDrive. When I open the Test folder,
the 2 documents are there, but it looks like I have to right arrow to go
to the second one instead of down arrowing as I would in a folder list
on the computer. Is this something different with OpenDrive or did I
change some setting I shouldn't have?

Also, I'm having a problem logging out of the desktop application. The
only place I can find a log out option is on some screen where JAWS says
level 2 and I hit the applications key on the keyboard and hit enter on
the item. The User Guide says "The right click menu helps you to log
into and log out of the Drive application, displays space usage and the
state of the Sync and Backup Manager, and
allows you to check for new updates." It seems to be under Properties
and Settings. Is there an easy way of logging out? I have to fumble
around until I find a screen where JAWS says level 2 and I haven't seen
anything in the User Guide that says anything about levels. I did see
an item in the desktop application menu about going forward a level,
that I thought would get me to level two but log out wasn't listed when
I hit the application key.

There's another place in the User Guide that refers to right click menu.
Do they mean the applications key on the keyboard?

Any help using OpenDrive would be greatly appreciated since I'm quite
frustrated.

Margaret








Re: Help With Open Drive

Gene
 

I'll modify my message slightly.  What short cut key do you use to open properties?  Is there a shortcut key to move to settings?
Gene
 

Sent: Wednesday, July 10, 2019 8:03 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Help With Open Drive

Thanks for the idea, but I had already tried the right mouse key.

I tried in the menu today as well as the application key as before.  Am
I reading the User Guide correctly that logging out is done in
Properties and Settings?

Thanks,

Margaret

On 7/10/2019 1:47 AM, Norma A. Boge wrote:
> Hi Margaret,
>
> Sometimes the options are the same whether accessed by hitting the application key or the right mouse key, but not always. Just go ahead and hit your right mouse key, second from the right on the top row of the num pad, and have a look. You might find what you need under there.
>
> HTH
> Norma
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Margaret Thomas
> Sent: Tuesday, July 9, 2019 11:35 AM
> To: TechTalk
> Subject: [TechTalk] Help With Open Drive
>
> Hi, All:
>
> I got a year's personal unlimited subscription to OpenDrive the other
> day and things are not going well and I could really use some help with
> the service.
>
> I signed up before downloading and installing the desktop application.
> For now, I just want to back up some important files and not have them
> public.
>
> I saved a couple Word 2010 test documents on my Win 7 computer and
> uploaded them to Documents in OverDrive.  When I open the Test folder,
> the 2 documents are there, but it looks like I have to right arrow to go
> to the second one instead of down arrowing as I would in a folder list
> on the computer.  Is this something different with OpenDrive or did I
> change some setting I shouldn't have?
>
> Also, I'm having a problem logging out of the desktop application.  The
> only place I can find a log out option is on some screen where JAWS says
> level 2 and I hit the applications key on the keyboard and hit enter on
> the item.  The User Guide says "The right click menu helps you to log
> into and log out of the Drive application, displays space usage and the
> state of the Sync and Backup Manager, and
> allows you to check for new updates."  It seems to be under Properties
> and Settings.  Is there an easy way of logging out?  I have to fumble
> around until I find a screen where JAWS says level 2 and I haven't seen
> anything in the User Guide that says anything about levels.  I did see
> an item in the desktop application menu about going forward a level,
> that I thought would get me to level two but log out wasn't listed when
> I hit the application key.
>
> There's another place in the User Guide that refers to right click menu.
>    Do they mean the applications key on the keyboard?
>
> Any help using OpenDrive would be greatly appreciated since I'm quite
> frustrated.
>
> Margaret
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>



Re: Help With Open Drive

Gene
 

As I recall, you said you can log out in settings, which is in the tools menu.  What short cut letters open tools and settings?  You might be able to get there very quickly with something like alt t then type s.  After that, is it fast to get to the log out area?  When you look through the menus, when you find a menu you want to get to and will use often or frequently, do you let speech continue to the end to hear the short cut letter used to open that menu or dialog?
 
Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, July 10, 2019 7:55 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Help With Open Drive

Thanks, that did the trick to get the list of documents in a folder the
way I'm used to.

I'm still having trouble logging out.  I haven't found that level 2
screen today which seemed to be the only way I could log out the other
day.  Do you have any ideas?  I'm missing something that's probably
perfectly simple.

Thanks,

Margaret

On 7/9/2019 1:06 PM, Walter Ramage via Groups.Io wrote:
> Hi.  This is perfectly normal.  However when you are in any particular folder then go to your view menu and arrow down to list view and then press the enter key, it will then present it to you in the way you prefer.  Walter.
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Margaret Thomas
> Sent: 09 July 2019 17:35
> To: TechTalk
> Subject: [TechTalk] Help With Open Drive
>
> Hi, All:
>
> I got a year's personal unlimited subscription to OpenDrive the other
> day and things are not going well and I could really use some help with
> the service.
>
> I signed up before downloading and installing the desktop application.
> For now, I just want to back up some important files and not have them
> public.
>
> I saved a couple Word 2010 test documents on my Win 7 computer and
> uploaded them to Documents in OverDrive.  When I open the Test folder,
> the 2 documents are there, but it looks like I have to right arrow to go
> to the second one instead of down arrowing as I would in a folder list
> on the computer.  Is this something different with OpenDrive or did I
> change some setting I shouldn't have?
>
> Also, I'm having a problem logging out of the desktop application.  The
> only place I can find a log out option is on some screen where JAWS says
> level 2 and I hit the applications key on the keyboard and hit enter on
> the item.  The User Guide says "The right click menu helps you to log
> into and log out of the Drive application, displays space usage and the
> state of the Sync and Backup Manager, and
> allows you to check for new updates."  It seems to be under Properties
> and Settings.  Is there an easy way of logging out?  I have to fumble
> around until I find a screen where JAWS says level 2 and I haven't seen
> anything in the User Guide that says anything about levels.  I did see
> an item in the desktop application menu about going forward a level,
> that I thought would get me to level two but log out wasn't listed when
> I hit the application key.
>
> There's another place in the User Guide that refers to right click menu.
>    Do they mean the applications key on the keyboard?
>
> Any help using OpenDrive would be greatly appreciated since I'm quite
> frustrated.
>
> Margaret
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>



Re: Help With Open Drive

Margaret Thomas <iluvtoread@...>
 

Thanks for the idea, but I had already tried the right mouse key.

I tried in the menu today as well as the application key as before. Am I reading the User Guide correctly that logging out is done in Properties and Settings?

Thanks,

Margaret

On 7/10/2019 1:47 AM, Norma A. Boge wrote:
Hi Margaret,
Sometimes the options are the same whether accessed by hitting the application key or the right mouse key, but not always. Just go ahead and hit your right mouse key, second from the right on the top row of the num pad, and have a look. You might find what you need under there.
HTH
Norma
-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Margaret Thomas
Sent: Tuesday, July 9, 2019 11:35 AM
To: TechTalk
Subject: [TechTalk] Help With Open Drive
Hi, All:
I got a year's personal unlimited subscription to OpenDrive the other
day and things are not going well and I could really use some help with
the service.
I signed up before downloading and installing the desktop application.
For now, I just want to back up some important files and not have them
public.
I saved a couple Word 2010 test documents on my Win 7 computer and
uploaded them to Documents in OverDrive. When I open the Test folder,
the 2 documents are there, but it looks like I have to right arrow to go
to the second one instead of down arrowing as I would in a folder list
on the computer. Is this something different with OpenDrive or did I
change some setting I shouldn't have?
Also, I'm having a problem logging out of the desktop application. The
only place I can find a log out option is on some screen where JAWS says
level 2 and I hit the applications key on the keyboard and hit enter on
the item. The User Guide says "The right click menu helps you to log
into and log out of the Drive application, displays space usage and the
state of the Sync and Backup Manager, and
allows you to check for new updates." It seems to be under Properties
and Settings. Is there an easy way of logging out? I have to fumble
around until I find a screen where JAWS says level 2 and I haven't seen
anything in the User Guide that says anything about levels. I did see
an item in the desktop application menu about going forward a level,
that I thought would get me to level two but log out wasn't listed when
I hit the application key.
There's another place in the User Guide that refers to right click menu.
Do they mean the applications key on the keyboard?
Any help using OpenDrive would be greatly appreciated since I'm quite
frustrated.
Margaret


Re: Help With Open Drive

Margaret Thomas <iluvtoread@...>
 

Thanks, that did the trick to get the list of documents in a folder the way I'm used to.

I'm still having trouble logging out. I haven't found that level 2 screen today which seemed to be the only way I could log out the other day. Do you have any ideas? I'm missing something that's probably perfectly simple.

Thanks,

Margaret

On 7/9/2019 1:06 PM, Walter Ramage via Groups.Io wrote:
Hi. This is perfectly normal. However when you are in any particular folder then go to your view menu and arrow down to list view and then press the enter key, it will then present it to you in the way you prefer. Walter.
-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Margaret Thomas
Sent: 09 July 2019 17:35
To: TechTalk
Subject: [TechTalk] Help With Open Drive
Hi, All:
I got a year's personal unlimited subscription to OpenDrive the other
day and things are not going well and I could really use some help with
the service.
I signed up before downloading and installing the desktop application.
For now, I just want to back up some important files and not have them
public.
I saved a couple Word 2010 test documents on my Win 7 computer and
uploaded them to Documents in OverDrive. When I open the Test folder,
the 2 documents are there, but it looks like I have to right arrow to go
to the second one instead of down arrowing as I would in a folder list
on the computer. Is this something different with OpenDrive or did I
change some setting I shouldn't have?
Also, I'm having a problem logging out of the desktop application. The
only place I can find a log out option is on some screen where JAWS says
level 2 and I hit the applications key on the keyboard and hit enter on
the item. The User Guide says "The right click menu helps you to log
into and log out of the Drive application, displays space usage and the
state of the Sync and Backup Manager, and
allows you to check for new updates." It seems to be under Properties
and Settings. Is there an easy way of logging out? I have to fumble
around until I find a screen where JAWS says level 2 and I haven't seen
anything in the User Guide that says anything about levels. I did see
an item in the desktop application menu about going forward a level,
that I thought would get me to level two but log out wasn't listed when
I hit the application key.
There's another place in the User Guide that refers to right click menu.
Do they mean the applications key on the keyboard?
Any help using OpenDrive would be greatly appreciated since I'm quite
frustrated.
Margaret


Re: Help With Open Drive

Norma A. Boge
 

Hi Margaret,

Sometimes the options are the same whether accessed by hitting the application key or the right mouse key, but not always. Just go ahead and hit your right mouse key, second from the right on the top row of the num pad, and have a look. You might find what you need under there.

HTH
Norma

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Margaret Thomas
Sent: Tuesday, July 9, 2019 11:35 AM
To: TechTalk
Subject: [TechTalk] Help With Open Drive

Hi, All:

I got a year's personal unlimited subscription to OpenDrive the other
day and things are not going well and I could really use some help with
the service.

I signed up before downloading and installing the desktop application.
For now, I just want to back up some important files and not have them
public.

I saved a couple Word 2010 test documents on my Win 7 computer and
uploaded them to Documents in OverDrive. When I open the Test folder,
the 2 documents are there, but it looks like I have to right arrow to go
to the second one instead of down arrowing as I would in a folder list
on the computer. Is this something different with OpenDrive or did I
change some setting I shouldn't have?

Also, I'm having a problem logging out of the desktop application. The
only place I can find a log out option is on some screen where JAWS says
level 2 and I hit the applications key on the keyboard and hit enter on
the item. The User Guide says "The right click menu helps you to log
into and log out of the Drive application, displays space usage and the
state of the Sync and Backup Manager, and
allows you to check for new updates." It seems to be under Properties
and Settings. Is there an easy way of logging out? I have to fumble
around until I find a screen where JAWS says level 2 and I haven't seen
anything in the User Guide that says anything about levels. I did see
an item in the desktop application menu about going forward a level,
that I thought would get me to level two but log out wasn't listed when
I hit the application key.

There's another place in the User Guide that refers to right click menu.
Do they mean the applications key on the keyboard?

Any help using OpenDrive would be greatly appreciated since I'm quite
frustrated.

Margaret


This week on Eyes On Success: Voice Dream Reader App

blueskies11
 

This week’s episode is:

1928 Voice Dream Reader App (Jul. 10, 2019) 
Show Notes
Making mainstream apps accessible can have multiple benefits. Hosts Nancy and Peter Torpey talk with Winston Chen, founder and lead developer of the Voice Dream suite of apps for iOS devices including Reader, Writer, Scanner and Mail, about how he became interested in including accessibility features into his apps and how that worked out.

 

The audio, show notes, and much more can be found at:

www.EyesOnSuccess.net

 

The podcast can also be found wherever you subscribe to podcasts.

 

Check out Eyes On Success (formerly ViewPoints)

A weekly, half hour audio program for people living with vision loss.

Find out more about the show and get links to past episodes at:

       www.EyesOnSuccess.net

Find the podcast on iTunes or use the URL:

       www.EyesOnSuccess.net/eos_podcast

Find us on social media at:

       www.facebook.com/EyesOnSuccess

       www.twitter.com/@_EyesOnSuccess

       www.audioboom.com/EyesOnSuccess

Subscribe to the announcements-only list by sending an e-mail to:

       EyesOnSuccess+Subscribe@...

Subscribe to the listener discussion group by sending an e-mail to:

       EOS_discuss+Subscribe@...

Send suggestions or comments to:

      hosts@...

 

 


Re: Repairing Windows Programs

Abbie Taylor
 

It worked. Thank you so much.
--


Abbie Johnson Taylor, Author https://abbiescorner.wordpress.com

http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com

abbietaylor945@...

 


chromecast ultra accessibility?

goshawk on horseback
 

hello all,
does anyone happen to know, how accessible, or otherwise, the google chromecast ultra, is to setup, and use?
 
Simon
 
 


Re: excel question

Marilyn and Don Bilderback
 

    Yes, my husband and I have used this method with Excel for several years now.  He has eyes and sets it all up. He could just use the check register that comes with new check orders, but that doesn’t do me any good, so we did this so I could be part of our financial picture.  We have each year separate so we can have a copy for our taxes. It works out very well.  Marilyn
 
From:
Sent: Thursday, July 04, 2019 10:24 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] excel question
 
I do not really know what excel does, besides it being a spread sheet program.
 
Can it be used  as a check book, to add and subtract money ammounts etc?
 
I'd like to be able to keep track of my checkbook/financies without having to  use a seperate calculator or the built in calculator on windows machines.
 
Thanks
 
keith


bluetooth on the second generation echo

Troy Burnham
 

Hi all,

I'm trying to connect a new bluetooth speaker to my second gen amazon echo. After I put the new speaker in pairing mode I know I have to use the app on my phone but can somebody give me the steps to follow? I went to an area of the app where it said add device but the speaker and echo never recognized each other and got connected.

Thanks.

Troy


Re: Help With Open Drive

Walter Ramage
 

Hi. This is perfectly normal. However when you are in any particular folder then go to your view menu and arrow down to list view and then press the enter key, it will then present it to you in the way you prefer. Walter.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Margaret Thomas
Sent: 09 July 2019 17:35
To: TechTalk
Subject: [TechTalk] Help With Open Drive

Hi, All:

I got a year's personal unlimited subscription to OpenDrive the other
day and things are not going well and I could really use some help with
the service.

I signed up before downloading and installing the desktop application.
For now, I just want to back up some important files and not have them
public.

I saved a couple Word 2010 test documents on my Win 7 computer and
uploaded them to Documents in OverDrive. When I open the Test folder,
the 2 documents are there, but it looks like I have to right arrow to go
to the second one instead of down arrowing as I would in a folder list
on the computer. Is this something different with OpenDrive or did I
change some setting I shouldn't have?

Also, I'm having a problem logging out of the desktop application. The
only place I can find a log out option is on some screen where JAWS says
level 2 and I hit the applications key on the keyboard and hit enter on
the item. The User Guide says "The right click menu helps you to log
into and log out of the Drive application, displays space usage and the
state of the Sync and Backup Manager, and
allows you to check for new updates." It seems to be under Properties
and Settings. Is there an easy way of logging out? I have to fumble
around until I find a screen where JAWS says level 2 and I haven't seen
anything in the User Guide that says anything about levels. I did see
an item in the desktop application menu about going forward a level,
that I thought would get me to level two but log out wasn't listed when
I hit the application key.

There's another place in the User Guide that refers to right click menu.
Do they mean the applications key on the keyboard?

Any help using OpenDrive would be greatly appreciated since I'm quite
frustrated.

Margaret


Re: Repairing Windows Programs

Smiling?
 

Press your Windows key and type in

Add remove and this will bring up Add or Remove Programs, press enter to open this up.

Now tab down to your various softwares for you to begin arrowing until you highlight/select Microsoft Office.

Press Enter to open it and tab to modify where you would then press Enter once again.

The rest I am sure that you will not have any difficulties with.

 

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Abbie Taylor
Sent: Tuesday, July 9, 2019 9:21 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Repairing Windows Programs

 

I'm still having trouble. I tried following the instructions above, but after opening the settings with Windows plus I and clicking on "System," I couldn't find Apps and Features. Does anyone else have any ideas?
--


Abbie Johnson Taylor, Author https://abbiescorner.wordpress.com

http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com

abbietaylor945@...

 


Help With Open Drive

Margaret Thomas <iluvtoread@...>
 

Hi, All:

I got a year's personal unlimited subscription to OpenDrive the other day and things are not going well and I could really use some help with the service.

I signed up before downloading and installing the desktop application. For now, I just want to back up some important files and not have them public.

I saved a couple Word 2010 test documents on my Win 7 computer and uploaded them to Documents in OverDrive. When I open the Test folder, the 2 documents are there, but it looks like I have to right arrow to go to the second one instead of down arrowing as I would in a folder list on the computer. Is this something different with OpenDrive or did I change some setting I shouldn't have?

Also, I'm having a problem logging out of the desktop application. The only place I can find a log out option is on some screen where JAWS says level 2 and I hit the applications key on the keyboard and hit enter on the item. The User Guide says "The right click menu helps you to log into and log out of the Drive application, displays space usage and the state of the Sync and Backup Manager, and
allows you to check for new updates." It seems to be under Properties and Settings. Is there an easy way of logging out? I have to fumble around until I find a screen where JAWS says level 2 and I haven't seen anything in the User Guide that says anything about levels. I did see an item in the desktop application menu about going forward a level, that I thought would get me to level two but log out wasn't listed when I hit the application key.

There's another place in the User Guide that refers to right click menu. Do they mean the applications key on the keyboard?

Any help using OpenDrive would be greatly appreciated since I'm quite frustrated.

Margaret


Re: Repairing Windows Programs

Abbie Taylor
 

I'm still having trouble. I tried following the instructions above, but after opening the settings with Windows plus I and clicking on "System," I couldn't find Apps and Features. Does anyone else have any ideas?
--


Abbie Johnson Taylor, Author https://abbiescorner.wordpress.com

http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com

abbietaylor945@...

 


Re: BlindSHell Phone

Gary Greico
 

If you google it, you will find it.


On 08-Jul-19 9:20 PM, james f hooper wrote:

Has anyone been able to find where to buy or order, I went to their website and can’t seem to get any info.

 

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Carrie Morales
Sent: Friday, July 05, 2019 6:20 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] BlindSHell Phone

 

Hey Everyone,

The BlindShell Classic Phone is coming out to the US and it’s a phone that’s specifically designed for the blind and visually impaired. It’s a great option for someone looking for a phone that has physical buttons, very easy to use, and totally accessible. Here’s a review I did of the phone if anyone is interested! https://youtu.be/XSE8grhy_8g

 

Carrie Morales

Website: LiveAccessible.Com

YouTube: Live Accessible

Instagram: @LiveAccessible

Twitter: @LiveAccessible

Email: carrie@...

*Picture Description: Text reads Live accessible: blindness or Low Vision does not define or limit you on a blue background

 

 


Re: Repairing Windows Programs

Smiling?
 

What is posted below is just copied and pasted from the page of the URL shared below.

 

How To Repair Office 365 Install On Windows 10:

https://www.intowindows.com/how-to-repair-office-365-install-on-windows-10/

 

Step 1: Open Start menu and click on the Settings icon to open Settings app. If the Start menu is not opening, use Windows logo + I hotkey to open Settings

app.

 

repair Office 365 install on Windows 10 step1

 

Step 2: Click System icon and then click Apps & features to view all installed desktop programs as well as apps from Store.

 

repair Office 365 install on Windows 10 step2

 

Step 3: Look for Office 365 entry, click on it to reveal Modify and Uninstall buttons, and then click Modify button.

 

repair Office 365 install on Windows 10 step3.1

 

Step 4: Upon clicking the Modify button, you will see the User Account Control prompt where you need to click Yes button to see the following dialog with

Quick Repair and Online Repair options.

 

As the dialog says, Quick Repair fixes most of the issues and doesn’t require an internet connection. The Online Repair feature fixes all issues but requires

an internet connection. The Online Repair is similar to reinstalling Office 365 as it requires you to activate your copy of Office after the repair job.

We recommend Online Repair only if an issue persists even after trying Quick Repair.

 

repair Office 365 install on Windows 10 step3

 

Also, you might lose your Office customization and settings if you opt for Online Repair.

 

If you click the Quick Repair option, you will see the following confirmation box where you have to click Repair button to begin repairing your Office

365 installation on Windows 10.

 

And if you choose Online Repair option and click Repair button you will see a confirmation dialog where you need to click Repair button to begin downloading

and installing a fresh and latest version of Office 365 on your PC. Depending on your internet connection speed, the time required to complete Online Repair

might vary from a few minutes to hours.

 

Once the Online Repair is done, you will see Office is installed now message.

 

Once done, launch any Office program such as Word, enter your email address which you used to purchase Office subscription to activate your copy of Office

365 on Windows 10. If you have a product key, you can enter the same by clicking Enter a product key instead link.

 

 

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Abbie Taylor
Sent: Monday, July 8, 2019 4:24 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] Repairing Windows Programs

 

I need to repair my copy of Microsoft Office 365 because Word and Outlook are misbehaving. I've done this before but forgotten exactly how I did it.

 

I opened my control panel and searched for "Modify Programs." This took me to a list of programs where I found Microsoft 365. However, I couldn't find an option to modify the program. In the context menu, I found an option to change it, but I'm not sure that's what I want. I do remember that you can either do a quick repair or an online repair. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--


Abbie Johnson Taylor, Author https://abbiescorner.wordpress.com

http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com

abbietaylor945@...

 


Re: urgent. I can't read my Amtrak ticket.

Brian K. Lingard
 

Dear Jim & List:
You may also change your default apps by typing windows key and entering default apps into the search box.

Remember to change your default web browser to I. E. from Edge and to set the app for specific file types and protocols such as http, https, HTML XML etc.!!

This will mostly keep Edge out of your life!
Brian K. Lingard
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Blaster
Sent: Saturday, June 15, 2019 9:28 AM
To: main@techtalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] urgent. I can't read my Amtrak ticket.

Since this is an emergency, try this.

Open file explorer by pressing the windows key and tapping the letter E key.

Navigate to the folder where your ticket image was saved.

Press the application key or use the shift key plus the F10 key.

Arrow down to the selection titled "open with" and press the right arrow key to open the fly out window.

Internet explorer should be one of your options.

If you saved the image to your desktop, you can press the application key on that file and one of the options is titled, open file location, which will open file explorer in the exact folder the file is stored in.

HTH,

Blaster


On 6/15/19, Jim Rawls <jazzpiano@ca.rr.com> wrote:
The attachment opens in Microsoft Edge. I need it to open in I.e. How
do I get it to do that? Help please as my train leaves in four hours.
Jim


Re: BlindSHell Phone

joseph hudson <jhud7789@...>
 

Hi James, I wouldn't expected see anything on that website about where to purchase it in America until probably after the 10th. As I know they are empty and empty convention this week.

On Jul 8, 2019, at 8:20 PM, james f hooper <james_hooper@earthlink.net> wrote:

Has anyone been able to find where to buy or order, I went to their website and can’t seem to get any info.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Carrie Morales
Sent: Friday, July 05, 2019 6:20 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] BlindSHell Phone

Hey Everyone,
The BlindShell Classic Phone is coming out to the US and it’s a phone that’s specifically designed for the blind and visually impaired. It’s a great option for someone looking for a phone that has physical buttons, very easy to use, and totally accessible. Here’s a review I did of the phone if anyone is interested! https://youtu.be/XSE8grhy_8g

Carrie Morales

Website: LiveAccessible.Com
YouTube: Live Accessible
Instagram: @LiveAccessible
Twitter: @LiveAccessible
Email: carrie@liveaccessible.com


*Picture Description: Text reads Live accessible: blindness or Low Vision does not define or limit you on a blue background


20101 - 20120 of 101794