Date   

Re: using Thunderbird to send group email

Gene
 

U would, I would think, want to use the BCC field. Put your address in the from line and all recipient's addresses will be kept private.
Place your address in the from line, then shift tab perhaps twice to get to the bcc field button. Though you usually press the space bar on buttons, this button requires enter. There is no excuse for nonstandard buttons in the interface.
Use whatever method you wish to add addresses. Autocomplete works here as in the other address fields in Thunderbird. Type something like a name like john or the last name of the person then read the current line to see if it is the right address. If not down arrow through the selections and press enter on the one you want. It will be added and you will be in a blank line where you can add another address in the same way. Continue until you have added all the addresses you want.

Gene

-----Original Message-----
From: Nancy Hill
Sent: Sunday, November 08, 2020 8:02 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] using Thunderbird to send group email

78 something.

On 11/8/2020 2:30 AM, Gene wrote:
Are you using the current version of Thunderbird? The address interface changed recently.

Gene
-----Original Message----- From: Nancy Hill
Sent: Sunday, November 08, 2020 1:21 AM
To: TechTalk
Subject: [TechTalk] using Thunderbird to send group email

Hi All,


How do I set up an address to send a group of folks (such as my Sunday
school class) an email that I will only send once but will go out to
each individual group member?


I am using recent versions of win10 , jaws and TB.


Many thanks in advance!

Nancy










Re: using Thunderbird to send group email

Nancy Hill
 

78 something.

On 11/8/2020 2:30 AM, Gene wrote:
Are you using the current version of Thunderbird?  The address interface changed recently.

Gene
-----Original Message----- From: Nancy Hill
Sent: Sunday, November 08, 2020 1:21 AM
To: TechTalk
Subject: [TechTalk] using Thunderbird to send group email

Hi All,


How do I set up an address to send a group of folks (such as my Sunday
school class) an email that I will only send once but will go out to
each individual group member?


I am using recent versions of win10 , jaws and TB.


Many thanks in advance!

Nancy









Re: Microsoft Edge download help

Gene
 

It won't stop it. this isn't a progress bar. this is forced speech and occurs whether you are in the browser window or not. I don't know if it might be stopped by turning off ARIA speech in JAWS. But this isn't a case of a progress bar. If it were, it could be stopped in NVDA in the same way, by turning off spoken progress updates and it can't. The plugin I spoke of in another message will stop it, no matter what screen-reader is used because it is a Chrome plugin, not a browser plugin.

Gene

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike B
Sent: Sunday, November 08, 2020 7:34 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Microsoft Edge download help


With Jaws this might be stopped if the Progress Bar Updates Announcement was turned off while in Edge. To do this try the following:

1. Open Edge and press, Insert + 6, on the number row to open the Settings Center.

2. Down arrow to, Users closed, and right arrow to open.

3. Down arrow 1 time to, Progress Bar Updates Announcement ....intervals, now tap the spacebar to toggle through the options stopping when Jaws reports, Off.

4. Tab to, Okay, and press enter to save / close the Settings Center.

Take care and stay safe. Mike. Sent from my iBarstool. Go Rams!
Main's Law: For every action there is an equal and opposite government program.
----- Original Message -----
From: Gene
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Sent: Saturday, November 07, 2020 11:22 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Microsoft Edge download help

What do you mean the voice to be on and with what screen-reader?

Edge is based on the Chrome browser and if it does what that browser does,
when you download something alerts are spoken and it is forced speech. This
can't be stopped unless you turn all speech off during the download, in
which case you can't use your screen-reader, or you get, in the case of
Chrome, a Chrome add-on you can use to stop this behavior. I don't use that
add-on and I don't recall its name. Others may know. As I recall, you can
use add-ons for Chrome in Edge so you should be able to solve the problem
that way.

You will hear these intrusive announcements no matter if you are in the
program window or not. If you want to look at e-mail, for example, speech
be interrupted by these announcements.

Gene
-----Original Message-----
From: Jerry hathaway
Sent: Saturday, November 07, 2020 10:17 PM
To: TechTalk
Subject: [TechTalk] Microsoft Edge download help


I am running Microsoft Edge browser on a windows 7 machine. I somehow set
voice to be on so when I download a file it is speaking the alert and the
percentage of the download as the file is being downloaded. Can anyone
please tell me how to change this back to silent.
Thank you

Jerry


Re: Microsoft Edge download help

Mike B
 

With Jaws this might be stopped if the Progress Bar Updates Announcement was turned off while in Edge.  To do this try the following:
 
1. Open Edge and press, Insert + 6, on the number row to open the Settings Center.
 
2. Down arrow to, Users closed, and right arrow to open.
 
3. Down arrow 1 time to, Progress Bar Updates Announcement ....intervals, now tap the spacebar to toggle through the options stopping when Jaws reports, Off.
 
4. Tab to, Okay, and press enter to save / close the Settings Center.

Take care and stay safe.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go Rams!
Main's Law:  For every action there is an equal and opposite government program.

----- Original Message -----
From: Gene
Sent: Saturday, November 07, 2020 11:22 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Microsoft Edge download help

What do you mean the voice to be on and with what screen-reader?

Edge is based on the Chrome browser and if it does what that browser does,
when you download something alerts are spoken and it is forced speech.  This
can't be stopped unless you turn all speech off during the download, in
which case you can't use your screen-reader, or you get, in the case of
Chrome, a Chrome add-on you can use to stop this behavior.  I don't use that
add-on and I don't recall its name.  Others may know.  As I recall, you can
use add-ons for Chrome in Edge so you should be able to solve the problem
that way.

You will hear these intrusive announcements no matter if you are in the
program window or not.  If you want to look at e-mail, for example, speech
be interrupted by these announcements.

Gene
-----Original Message-----
From: Jerry hathaway
Sent: Saturday, November 07, 2020 10:17 PM
To: TechTalk
Subject: [TechTalk] Microsoft Edge download help


I am running Microsoft Edge browser on a windows 7 machine. I somehow set
voice to be on so when I download a file it is speaking the alert and the
percentage of the download as the file is being downloaded. Can anyone
please tell me how to change this back to silent.
Thank you

Jerry

 






never mind was RE: [TechTalk] windows 10 latest switching users

Kimsan
 

Ok, so all I had to do was windows key l, then tab to the list of different users and press enter.

 

Kimsan Song

kimsansong@...

If you are into HipHop or R&B, I invite you to subscribe to my youtube artist channel at

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFzrNcgBfHguK-LnnJMMylA

Also, you may follow me on twitter:

https://twitter.com/kims4ns0ng

 

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Kimsan via groups.io
Sent: Sunday, November 8, 2020 12:05 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] windows 10 latest switching users

 

Hi,

I’m thinking about creating multiple user accounts on my windows 10 machine.

Is there a keystroke to switch users?

I just now did windows key x, went to where it said shut down, sign out etc. but I didn’t see switch user.

So, if I have a user account called Kimsan, and I create another one called john smith, how can I quickly switch over to john smith, if there is indeed a keystroke.

 

 

Kimsan Song

kimsansong@...

If you are into HipHop or R&B, I invite you to subscribe to my youtube artist channel at

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFzrNcgBfHguK-LnnJMMylA

Also, you may follow me on twitter:

https://twitter.com/kims4ns0ng

 


windows 10 latest switching users

Kimsan
 

Hi,

I’m thinking about creating multiple user accounts on my windows 10 machine.

Is there a keystroke to switch users?

I just now did windows key x, went to where it said shut down, sign out etc. but I didn’t see switch user.

So, if I have a user account called Kimsan, and I create another one called john smith, how can I quickly switch over to john smith, if there is indeed a keystroke.

 

 

Kimsan Song

kimsansong@...

If you are into HipHop or R&B, I invite you to subscribe to my youtube artist channel at

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFzrNcgBfHguK-LnnJMMylA

Also, you may follow me on twitter:

https://twitter.com/kims4ns0ng

 


Re: using Thunderbird to send group email

Gene
 

Are you using the current version of Thunderbird? The address interface changed recently.

Gene

-----Original Message-----
From: Nancy Hill
Sent: Sunday, November 08, 2020 1:21 AM
To: TechTalk
Subject: [TechTalk] using Thunderbird to send group email

Hi All,


How do I set up an address to send a group of folks (such as my Sunday
school class) an email that I will only send once but will go out to
each individual group member?


I am using recent versions of win10 , jaws and TB.


Many thanks in advance!

Nancy


Re: Microsoft Edge download help

Gene
 

What do you mean the voice to be on and with what screen-reader?

Edge is based on the Chrome browser and if it does what that browser does, when you download something alerts are spoken and it is forced speech. This can't be stopped unless you turn all speech off during the download, in which case you can't use your screen-reader, or you get, in the case of Chrome, a Chrome add-on you can use to stop this behavior. I don't use that add-on and I don't recall its name. Others may know. As I recall, you can use add-ons for Chrome in Edge so you should be able to solve the problem that way.

You will hear these intrusive announcements no matter if you are in the program window or not. If you want to look at e-mail, for example, speech be interrupted by these announcements.

Gene

-----Original Message-----
From: Jerry hathaway
Sent: Saturday, November 07, 2020 10:17 PM
To: TechTalk
Subject: [TechTalk] Microsoft Edge download help


I am running Microsoft Edge browser on a windows 7 machine. I somehow set voice to be on so when I download a file it is speaking the alert and the percentage of the download as the file is being downloaded. Can anyone please tell me how to change this back to silent.
Thank you

Jerry


using Thunderbird to send group email

Nancy Hill
 

Hi All,


How do I set up an address to send a group of folks (such as my Sunday school class) an email that I will only send once but will go out to each individual group member?


I am using recent versions of win10 , jaws and TB.


Many thanks in advance!

Nancy


Microsoft Edge download help

Jerry hathaway
 

I am running Microsoft Edge browser on a windows 7 machine. I somehow set voice to be on so when I download a file it is speaking the alert and the percentage of the download as the file is being downloaded. Can anyone please tell me how to change this back to silent.
Thank you
 
Jerry
 


Folders in Google dox.

Michael Rodgerson
 

How do I create a folder in Google Dox, and then move files to it?

Thanks


Michael


Re: Upgrading Memory and Storage

enes sarıbaş
 

Hi Brian,

I actually found the memory slots easy to locate. I purchased this machine without memory, and the memory slots have a distinctive size. For anyone else, look at the memory module sizes, and imagine what slots you see would fit it.

On 11/7/2020 12:10 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:
Enes,

          Personally, I have less issue with laptop than desktop, as it's almost impossible not to have the whole stick push in to its slot correctly in a laptop because they're so short.   It's generally a simple push in, then push down, or push in while also at the same time pushing down until you hear those metal spring clips click.

          For someone who's blind, I'll bet that auditory cue is both more pronounced and more consistent than the plastic pincers making any audible signal in a desktop are.

          Removing and replacing memory is one of the simplest things there is to do, once you know how to do it.  The big challenge that I'd anticipate for someone who's blind, and who's never done this before, is actually locating the memory itself.  It's at least reasonably easy in a desktop, but you really don't want to be poking and groping around in the case if you don't have to, and there are certain other things that I'd imagine might be possible to mistake for a memory stick.

           In the case of a laptop, if it has a bay door for memory you're golden, and have instant, limited access.  However, a very great many more recent laptops, including the one I'm typing from, do not have these bay doors anymore and you have to tear down the whole machine to get to memory.  And I have no compunction about saying that your average Joe or Jane, blind or sighted, should not be doing this unless they're prepared to deal with the possible consequences of doing something wrong during the tear-down or reassembly.
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 2004, Build 19041  

Always remember that computers are just glorified light bulbs - they rarely fail in continuous use and usually go pop when turned off and on.

        ~ Technician with the username Computer Bloke, on Technibble.com


Re: Upgrading Memory and Storage

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>
 

Enes,

          Personally, I have less issue with laptop than desktop, as it's almost impossible not to have the whole stick push in to its slot correctly in a laptop because they're so short.   It's generally a simple push in, then push down, or push in while also at the same time pushing down until you hear those metal spring clips click.

          For someone who's blind, I'll bet that auditory cue is both more pronounced and more consistent than the plastic pincers making any audible signal in a desktop are.

          Removing and replacing memory is one of the simplest things there is to do, once you know how to do it.  The big challenge that I'd anticipate for someone who's blind, and who's never done this before, is actually locating the memory itself.  It's at least reasonably easy in a desktop, but you really don't want to be poking and groping around in the case if you don't have to, and there are certain other things that I'd imagine might be possible to mistake for a memory stick.

           In the case of a laptop, if it has a bay door for memory you're golden, and have instant, limited access.  However, a very great many more recent laptops, including the one I'm typing from, do not have these bay doors anymore and you have to tear down the whole machine to get to memory.  And I have no compunction about saying that your average Joe or Jane, blind or sighted, should not be doing this unless they're prepared to deal with the possible consequences of doing something wrong during the tear-down or reassembly.
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 2004, Build 19041  

Always remember that computers are just glorified light bulbs - they rarely fail in continuous use and usually go pop when turned off and on.

        ~ Technician with the username Computer Bloke, on Technibble.com


Re: Upgrading Memory and Storage

enes sarıbaş
 

Hi Brian,

The laptop memory part was what was confusing a little to me. How to hold the stick and align both clips at the same time was what I struggled with. I imagine desktops are easier as you have alot more to work with.

On 11/7/2020 11:40 AM, Brian Vogel wrote:
On Sat, Nov 7, 2020 at 07:35 AM, enes sarıbaş wrote:
Yes please. I would also like to learn how to insert sticks correctly.
-
This differs depending on whether you're talking laptop versus desktop.  But, for both, there will be a notch cut into the side that actually inserts into the memory slot that will match a plastic bar in the memory slot so that you are orienting the memory stick correctly.  This makes it impossible to insert a memory stick upside down or backward.  Ideally, you will be grounded from static when working with memory, but very often that can't (or isn't) done, and if not be sure you're not working on the computer in an environment (e.g., dry house during heating season after having walked across a carpeted floor) where you are quite likely to have built up a static charge.

In desktop computers, virtually all memory sticks will insert at a right angle to the motherboard, straight down in to the actual memory slot.  At the end of the slot are two "pincers" that hold the stick in place once it's inserted.  These must be flipped open (away from the slot) before you attempt to insert the memory stick.  Align the stick correctly based on that notch and push, firmly but gently, straight down while holding the stick at its ends and you will feel the stick seat, and you'll sometimes hear those pincers click into place.  Check afterward that they have clicked into the closed position, because if they haven't then the RAM module is not seated correctly.  If not seated correctly then flip open the pincers, withdraw the stick, and try inserting again.

In laptops, virtually all memory sticks insert on an angle then either lie flat once the insertion is completed or at a lower angle than they start out when you begin the process.  At the end of the slots for laptop memory are two small spring clips that serve the same purpose as the plastic pincers previously described.  You will generally hear these click once a memory stick is inserted and seated correctly.  In the case of laptop memory, you still do the alignment based on the notch, but you then gently push the side of the stick opposite the contacts on the seating side such that the contacts are being pushed into the slot while at the same time angling the whole stick downward toward whatever the resting position (whether flat or angled) is in your machine.  You will hear those spring clips click into place and the memory stick will stop traveling (or should, once you hear that click do not push that downward angle any further).

The trick with memory in general is making sure both ends of the stick are being pushed in to the slot on the motherboard at the same time, as this is what ends up making the plastic or spring clip retainers work correctly.  The most common error is having the memory stick cocked along the length of the slot, with one end pushed in while the other is doing anything from not quite being pushed in to actually sticking out.  This is why I advise applying the pushing force equally at each end along the length of the stick when inserting memory.

Now, a quick note on removal.  For desktops it's just flipping open the plastic retaining pincers at each end, and firmly but gently pulling straight out.  In the case of laptops, its feeling for the little metal retention clips and firmly but gently pushing them away from the memory stick itself, at which point you'll hear and feel the memory stick "pop up" at which point you just grab it from the center and pull gently out from the slot.  Often laptop memory will almost just "be laying there" once those spring clips have been released and its popped, so it will pick right up.
 
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 2004, Build 19041  

Always remember that computers are just glorified light bulbs - they rarely fail in continuous use and usually go pop when turned off and on.

        ~ Technician with the username Computer Bloke, on Technibble.com


Re: Upgrading Memory and Storage

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>
 

On Sat, Nov 7, 2020 at 07:35 AM, enes sarıbaş wrote:
Yes please. I would also like to learn how to insert sticks correctly.
-
This differs depending on whether you're talking laptop versus desktop.  But, for both, there will be a notch cut into the side that actually inserts into the memory slot that will match a plastic bar in the memory slot so that you are orienting the memory stick correctly.  This makes it impossible to insert a memory stick upside down or backward.  Ideally, you will be grounded from static when working with memory, but very often that can't (or isn't) done, and if not be sure you're not working on the computer in an environment (e.g., dry house during heating season after having walked across a carpeted floor) where you are quite likely to have built up a static charge.

In desktop computers, virtually all memory sticks will insert at a right angle to the motherboard, straight down in to the actual memory slot.  At the end of the slot are two "pincers" that hold the stick in place once it's inserted.  These must be flipped open (away from the slot) before you attempt to insert the memory stick.  Align the stick correctly based on that notch and push, firmly but gently, straight down while holding the stick at its ends and you will feel the stick seat, and you'll sometimes hear those pincers click into place.  Check afterward that they have clicked into the closed position, because if they haven't then the RAM module is not seated correctly.  If not seated correctly then flip open the pincers, withdraw the stick, and try inserting again.

In laptops, virtually all memory sticks insert on an angle then either lie flat once the insertion is completed or at a lower angle than they start out when you begin the process.  At the end of the slots for laptop memory are two small spring clips that serve the same purpose as the plastic pincers previously described.  You will generally hear these click once a memory stick is inserted and seated correctly.  In the case of laptop memory, you still do the alignment based on the notch, but you then gently push the side of the stick opposite the contacts on the seating side such that the contacts are being pushed into the slot while at the same time angling the whole stick downward toward whatever the resting position (whether flat or angled) is in your machine.  You will hear those spring clips click into place and the memory stick will stop traveling (or should, once you hear that click do not push that downward angle any further).

The trick with memory in general is making sure both ends of the stick are being pushed in to the slot on the motherboard at the same time, as this is what ends up making the plastic or spring clip retainers work correctly.  The most common error is having the memory stick cocked along the length of the slot, with one end pushed in while the other is doing anything from not quite being pushed in to actually sticking out.  This is why I advise applying the pushing force equally at each end along the length of the stick when inserting memory.

Now, a quick note on removal.  For desktops it's just flipping open the plastic retaining pincers at each end, and firmly but gently pulling straight out.  In the case of laptops, its feeling for the little metal retention clips and firmly but gently pushing them away from the memory stick itself, at which point you'll hear and feel the memory stick "pop up" at which point you just grab it from the center and pull gently out from the slot.  Often laptop memory will almost just "be laying there" once those spring clips have been released and its popped, so it will pick right up.
 
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 2004, Build 19041  

Always remember that computers are just glorified light bulbs - they rarely fail in continuous use and usually go pop when turned off and on.

        ~ Technician with the username Computer Bloke, on Technibble.com


Re: where's the reply link?

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>
 

John,

            You will not be presented with a Reply to Group or Reply to Sender button after having activated the Private button unless you are logged in on the Groups.io site.  Virtually all of the blind tech related groups have archives that are viewable by the public, so they can see exactly what you're seeing, but, like you when you're not logged in, are unable to do anything but read.

             Provided you don't log out after logging in, closing a Groups.io tab in your browser will not log you out, so the next time you click through on a specific message link in a digest, you should be presented with the ability to reply.

             If you have never set yourself up with a password to log in to Groups.io, see what follows:
--------------------------------------------

Getting a Password to Log in to the Groups.io Website

If you’ve subscribed via e-mail you have a Groups.io login id, your e-mail address, but you’ve never been assigned a password for the website.  To get one:

1.  In your web browser, go to the Groups.io main site login page:  https://groups.io/login

2.  Find the “Forgot your password?” link and activate it.

3.  A page with a single edit box, e-mail address will open.  Enter your e-mail address in it.

4. Navigate to the one and only button on the page, “Email Link to Log In,” and activate it.

5. Watch your e-mail, including your spam/junk box, for a message from Groups.io that will contain a link you need to activate that takes you to your Groups.io profile page where you set your password.  This is the password you’ll use to log in to any Groups.io group webpage where you wish to do something, such as changing your preferences, that requires you to be logged in to do.  You are, at this stage, actually logged in.

--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 2004, Build 19041  

Always remember that computers are just glorified light bulbs - they rarely fail in continuous use and usually go pop when turned off and on.

        ~ Technician with the username Computer Bloke, on Technibble.com


Re: Questions About The 1Password Password Manager

Gene
 

I don't know if you will find a solution. I like Brave and I like what it is trying to do as far as developing an ethical approach to advertising. But I found a site ai couldn't use with Brave. Whatever it does to block unwanted trackers and ads resulted in the site thinking I didn't allow cookies and I couldn't do something I wanted to do on the site. I still use it as my main browser but I have others on my machine in case I rarely have other problems. Though less preferable, you might be better off when using the password utility, in using another browser with a good ad blocker.

Gene

-----Original Message-----
From: David Goldfield
Sent: Saturday, November 07, 2020 8:48 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Questions About The 1Password Password Manager

Melissa,
Thank you for your detailed response. As I continued to experiment with
1Password as well as reading their documentation I began to realize part
of my problem. Brave, the browser that I primarily use, was not bringing
up any pop-up windows offering to save my passwords. Using 1Password
with Google Chrome seemed to provide a more consistent experience. I
disabled all addons to see if any of them might have been interfering
with 1Password, such as Adblock Plus, but doing so didn't seem to make
any difference. If you're familiar with Brave and could offer any
insight I'd appreciate any feedback you might have.

Thank you again.

David Goldfield,
Blindness Assistive Technology Specialist
JAWS Certified, 2019

WWW.DavidGoldfield.org

On 11/7/2020 12:46 AM, Missa wrote:
I’ve been using this service for a few years now.
The browser extensions are just for using in the browser… For instance, when you go to a webpage needing a login you can just hit the applications Key, or shift F 10, and hit the number one for 1Password and go from there. The separate desktop application is for when you want to look up something… I use it when I want to look up a credit card number or a certain login.
I think you can add stuff from there also… When it comes to entering in information on a browser. Normally, when I have a new login or change my password the window will come up and ask me if I want to save it or update it. You have to have an active subscription for this to work though.

Melissa
On Nov 6, 2020, at 10:27 PM, David Goldfield <david.goldfield@outlook.com> wrote:

Hello. I am trying to teach myself the best way to use 1Password and I'm clearly confused regarding some very basic concepts.
Here are my questions.

1. If there are 1Password extensions for each browser that you plan to use what is the purpose of the Windows app which is not browser specific and which can be easily accessed from the system tray? When would I want to use the app instead of the browser extension?
2. Once I'm on a site and am going through the process of entering a user name and password what is the most efficient way of feeding this information to the 1Password browser extension? I've learned that you can enter a new item in advance but I thought there was a way to instruct 1Password to remember my credentials. If so how is this done? At the moment this is my primary struggle.


--
David Goldfield,
Blindness Assistive Technology Specialist
JAWS Certified, 2019

https://nam11.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.davidgoldfield.org%2F&;amp;data=04%7C01%7C%7C0e464b7b89ef482abdcc08d882e08ba0%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637403248202323638%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sdata=QzJhMR6IYlt2mT1z0fH0Agn9Cp8kNsZFK98GPUNeCn8%3D&amp;reserved=0








where's the reply link?

John Sanfilippo
 

Hi all, I use Daily Summary in Thunderbird which means that, to read a message, I click a link in the message which brings me out to the web where I read and answer the message.
Wel
, when I got to the end of a message and wanted to reply, no reply link was available. I'm supposing that all groups in Groups.io are not configured the same way, or there's a bug somewhere.

Help appreciated.

John S


--
- jso l -


Re: Questions About The 1Password Password Manager

David Goldfield <david.goldfield@...>
 

Melissa,
Thank you for your detailed response. As I continued to experiment with 1Password as well as reading their documentation I began to realize part of my problem. Brave, the browser that I primarily use, was not bringing up any pop-up windows offering to save my passwords. Using 1Password with Google Chrome seemed to provide a more consistent experience. I disabled all addons to see if any of them might have been interfering with 1Password, such as Adblock Plus, but doing so didn't seem to make any difference. If you're familiar with Brave and could offer any insight I'd appreciate any feedback you might have.

Thank you again.

David Goldfield,
Blindness Assistive Technology Specialist
JAWS Certified, 2019

WWW.DavidGoldfield.org

On 11/7/2020 12:46 AM, Missa wrote:
I’ve been using this service for a few years now.
The browser extensions are just for using in the browser… For instance, when you go to a webpage needing a login you can just hit the applications Key, or shift F 10, and hit the number one for 1Password and go from there. The separate desktop application is for when you want to look up something… I use it when I want to look up a credit card number or a certain login.
I think you can add stuff from there also… When it comes to entering in information on a browser. Normally, when I have a new login or change my password the window will come up and ask me if I want to save it or update it. You have to have an active subscription for this to work though.

Melissa
On Nov 6, 2020, at 10:27 PM, David Goldfield <david.goldfield@outlook.com> wrote:

Hello. I am trying to teach myself the best way to use 1Password and I'm clearly confused regarding some very basic concepts.
Here are my questions.

1. If there are 1Password extensions for each browser that you plan to use what is the purpose of the Windows app which is not browser specific and which can be easily accessed from the system tray? When would I want to use the app instead of the browser extension?
2. Once I'm on a site and am going through the process of entering a user name and password what is the most efficient way of feeding this information to the 1Password browser extension? I've learned that you can enter a new item in advance but I thought there was a way to instruct 1Password to remember my credentials. If so how is this done? At the moment this is my primary struggle.


--
David Goldfield,
Blindness Assistive Technology Specialist
JAWS Certified, 2019

https://nam11.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.davidgoldfield.org%2F&;amp;data=04%7C01%7C%7C0e464b7b89ef482abdcc08d882e08ba0%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637403248202323638%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sdata=QzJhMR6IYlt2mT1z0fH0Agn9Cp8kNsZFK98GPUNeCn8%3D&amp;reserved=0







Looking for stereo mic recommendations

Steven Johnson
 

I have an older Olympus stereo recorder, and I would like to find a small stereo mic that I could use to record hands free, maybe something that clips on to my shirt.  I have watched lots of Youtube videos about stereo lavalier mics, and although the title says stereo, the sound is monaural to me when the poster actually connects the mic and talks into it.  I want to record nature stuff in stereo.  Any thoughts?

2101 - 2120 of 96360