Date   

Re: Removal from the Group

Laz
 

It's something one has to work at. Most of what is sent to my spam
folder is actually spam although once in a while it decides something
which is not spam should be marked as spam but I just go into the spam
folder and unmark it and send it back where it belongs. Sometimes
something which has been correctly marked as spam for a long time will
show up in my in box and I just mark it as spam and send it to the
spam folder.

Laz

On 7/15/20, Pamela Dominguez <pammygirl99@...> wrote:
I wish I could just turn the spam filter off in gmail! That would be so
much easier. I don't understand why gmail sends half my mail, even though
it's from other people or lists that have been going into the inbox, to my
spam folder. It's like it just randomly picks and chooses. Pam.

-----Original Message-----
From: Laz
Sent: Wednesday, July 15, 2020 10:49 AM
To: main@techtalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Removal from the Group

when a person or more likely their email provider, marks a message
from any groups.io group as spam it makes the situation worse for all
groups.io groups in that more and more email providers automatically
start marking messages from any groups.io groups as spam. This is why
groups.io will unsubscribe you and send you that message which should
make you aware of the situation.

one can easily avoid being unsubscribed from their groups.io groups by
checking their spam/junk folders daily and marking any messages from
any groups.io groups as not spam and sending itback to the in box
instead. Of course those of you who use email clients may need to do
this on the email provider's page and not just in your email client.

If all people would contact their email providers and let them know
that they subscribed to receive those messages and let them know to
just let one decide for oneself and determine which messages are spam,
things would run a lot smoother.

I hope that clears it up a bit.

Laz

On 7/14/20, Pamela Dominguez <pammygirl99@...> wrote:
Say what? I don’t get this! Because you got a spam message and deleted
it,
you get removed from the group? That makes absolutely no sense to me!
Pam.

From: Mike B
Sent: Tuesday, July 14, 2020 12:45 PM
To: TechTalk
Subject: [TechTalk] Removal from the Group

Hi All,

I just received the following message from Groups.io after deleting a
spam
email from my Fastmail server.

----- Original Message -----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io
To: mb69mach1@...
Sent: Tuesday, July 14, 2020 9:18 AM
Subject: You have been removed from main@TechTalk.groups.io


Hello,
You have been automatically removed from main@TechTalk.groups.io because
your Email Service Provider reported to us that message Boycott Multi
Extra
program from main@TechTalk.groups.io has been marked as spam.

We suggest that you check your spam folder as soon as possible to see if
your Email Service Provider has diverted other legitimate messages into
it.

You will receive no more emails from that group. If this was a mistake,
you
can resume your subscription within the next 7 days by clicking the
following link:

Resume Subscription


I'm checking to see if I actually have been resubscribed and to see if
anyone else has been removed because of spam email not sent by myself.



Take care. Mike. Sent from my iBarstool.
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to
please
everybody.



--
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
https://www.avg.com




--
Affordably priced Accessible Talking MP3 Players, Accessible phones,
Bluetooth devices, and accessories
http://www.talkingmp3players.com/
Email: laz@...
Phone: 727-498-0121
Skype: lazmesa
Personal Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/laz.mesa
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Talkingmp3players?_rdr






--
Affordably priced Accessible Talking MP3 Players, Accessible phones,
Bluetooth devices, and accessories
http://www.talkingmp3players.com/
Email: laz@...
Phone: 727-498-0121
Skype: lazmesa
Personal Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/laz.mesa
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Talkingmp3players?_rdr


Re: Removal from the Group

Laz
 

When you deleted that message is where things went from bad to worse.
You have to move it back to the in bhox.

Laz

On 7/15/20, Mike B <mb69mach1@...> wrote:
Hi Laz,

That's what made it so weird! I marked the message as, Not Spam, then
deleted it. But, in thinking back I didn't remove it from the Spam folder,.

I thought that once it had been marked as, not spam, I could delete it
without having to move it to my In-box.

Take care. Mike. Sent from my iBarstool.
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please

everybody.

----- Original Message -----
From: Laz
To: main@techtalk.groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, July 15, 2020 7:49 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Removal from the Group


when a person or more likely their email provider, marks a message
from any groups.io group as spam it makes the situation worse for all
groups.io groups in that more and more email providers automatically
start marking messages from any groups.io groups as spam. This is why
groups.io will unsubscribe you and send you that message which should
make you aware of the situation.

one can easily avoid being unsubscribed from their groups.io groups by
checking their spam/junk folders daily and marking any messages from
any groups.io groups as not spam and sending itback to the in box
instead. Of course those of you who use email clients may need to do
this on the email provider's page and not just in your email client.

If all people would contact their email providers and let them know
that they subscribed to receive those messages and let them know to
just let one decide for oneself and determine which messages are spam,
things would run a lot smoother.

I hope that clears it up a bit.

Laz

On 7/14/20, Pamela Dominguez <pammygirl99@...> wrote:
Say what? I don’t get this! Because you got a spam message and deleted
it,
you get removed from the group? That makes absolutely no sense to me!
Pam.

From: Mike B
Sent: Tuesday, July 14, 2020 12:45 PM
To: TechTalk
Subject: [TechTalk] Removal from the Group

Hi All,

I just received the following message from Groups.io after deleting a
spam
email from my Fastmail server.

----- Original Message -----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io
To: mb69mach1@...
Sent: Tuesday, July 14, 2020 9:18 AM
Subject: You have been removed from main@TechTalk.groups.io


Hello,
You have been automatically removed from main@TechTalk.groups.io because
your Email Service Provider reported to us that message Boycott Multi
Extra
program from main@TechTalk.groups.io has been marked as spam.

We suggest that you check your spam folder as soon as possible to see if
your Email Service Provider has diverted other legitimate messages into
it.

You will receive no more emails from that group. If this was a mistake,
you
can resume your subscription within the next 7 days by clicking the
following link:

Resume Subscription


I'm checking to see if I actually have been resubscribed and to see if
anyone else has been removed because of spam email not sent by myself.



Take care. Mike. Sent from my iBarstool.
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to
please
everybody.



--
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
https://www.avg.com




--
Affordably priced Accessible Talking MP3 Players, Accessible phones,
Bluetooth devices, and accessories
http://www.talkingmp3players.com/
Email: laz@...
Phone: 727-498-0121
Skype: lazmesa
Personal Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/laz.mesa
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Talkingmp3players?_rdr





--
Affordably priced Accessible Talking MP3 Players, Accessible phones,
Bluetooth devices, and accessories
http://www.talkingmp3players.com/
Email: laz@...
Phone: 727-498-0121
Skype: lazmesa
Personal Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/laz.mesa
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Talkingmp3players?_rdr


Re: The facts about getting a SmartVision phone repaired

Pamela Dominguez
 

I still say, the idea of having to carry around a phone and a keyboard is ridiculous. That's why I use pushbutton phones. Pam.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ron Canazzi
Sent: Wednesday, July 15, 2020 11:01 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] The facts about getting a SmartVision phone repaired

Hello Group,

I think that at least for the short term, this issue of Blind accessible
phones VS non Blind accessible phones is rather moot. The Apple iPhone
Se second generation (similar to the iPhone 8 in many ways but with
superior internal workings <g>) is still available for $400 US and (yes
it has a home key) and it is cheaper and more supportable than the Smart
Vision phones. If you really have trouble with the touch screens and
touch gestures, you can for an additional $50 US purchase an external
keyboard and should be good to go with most features.

Don't be afraid of IOS or Android phones just because of the touch
screen and gestures. Fumble Fingers (that's me) was deathly afraid of
them, but like the guy jumping off the 25 foot diving board (I did that
once as well with much less success--really hurt my pudgy belly <g>0 I
took the plunge and adapted to the iPhone much more easily than ever I
could have dreamed.

In addition, you can automate many features such as your contacts for
phoning people. I don't need to do this, but many people, once they
enter a person or business into their contacts (a one time for each
entry process) they simply ask Siri to call whomever (or is it whoever?
I always get that one wrong <g>.

Just my 2 or maybe it's 1 and a half in my case cents!


On 7/15/2020 8:53 AM, Ann Parsons wrote:
Hi all,

Yes, it is possible, but he didn't say that, Eeyore. He just gave his opinion without any proof at all.

Ann P.


Original message:

Well, Ann, is it possible that Gary called IRIE directly and was told by
one of their helpful agents that although the Smart Vision can still be
purchased from their web site, it is no longer being made? Since you
already own this phone, I strongly suggest that you call them yourself
to find out whether this is true before you accuse Gary of spreading
false rumors, like you are always so quick to accuse me of doing.

Gerald


On 7/15/2020 8:34 AM, Ann Parsons wrote:
Hi all,
Oh, please, why do people persist in posting rumors and
misinformation. "It's not even on the web site any more."
Balderdash! Read this and weep!
https://irie-at.com/product/smartvision2-2/
If you looked a little further, you might find something. You've got
no proof, Gary, no email, no announcement, no web site nothing, just
your own erroneous misinformation! Did you hear about it? It's
called the pandemic! Did you know that factories and businesses all
over the world have been closed down, even in obscure countries like
France?
Production of all products have been delayed. It's been going on
since the middle of March and--.
You come up with proof, solid, incontrovertible proof, and then I'll
believe you. Until then, it's fake news.
BTW, you might have had difficulty finding the phone on their web site
because you don't have its name correct. It's the 'Smart Vision2'.
<grrrr>
Ann P.

Original message:
If you are going to get a smartvision, you better move quickly. Both
models are no longer being made. As a matter of fact, they're are not
even on the website any more.

On 7/14/2020 10:14 PM, Abbie Taylor wrote:
Eyore, in answer to your question about my BlindShell phone, Laz
Mesa at chccessible Electronics replaced the defective device, no
muss, no fuss. I've since emailed the folks at BlindShell about the
problems other users and I are having with the device. If I don't
hear back from them within a reasonable amount of time, I'll more
seriously consider switching to the Kapses Smart Vision 2 phone.
I've talked to two other people besides Ann who have this device,
and they're happy with it.
As for the Lucia phone, I heard it would only work with G3 networks.
So, when carriers switched to G 4 networks, users of this device
were out of luck. I could be wrong, but you might want to do more
research before you draw conclusions.
--
Abbie Johnson Taylor, Author https://abbiescorner.wordpress.com
http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com
abbietaylor945@...









--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"
I Say: "I'm as happy as a stow away chimpanzee on a banana boat!"





--
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
https://www.avg.com


Re: The facts about getting a SmartVision phone repaired

Carolyn Arnold
 

Ron, I did too, giving the thing a second chance. If it had not been for the Hadley videos, I don't know how I would have managed. But, as my husband said,any flip phone I got, I had to go through a learning curve; this was just different. However, I really can understand a person's reluctance to get a smart phone and resistance to one. It's a good thing that there is a variety of phone that we can use.

If I could get more show and tell...

Sunday, a blind couple in West Virginia, who started this WhatsApp list were just whizzes on the thing and taught me some stuff pretty quick. They had no problem showing me, and I had no problem catching on how to use WhatsApp. I could not have done it initially without them. Because to get it, they had to tell me everything about where to go, what to do; I had to enter my Apple password, but that was a one-time thing, just getting the thing on my phone. We got it, and I learned to use it.

They put their contact information in my contacts. We were so busy getting WhatsApp, that I did not ask, but am thinking that must be done with Share contact.

I'll ask them.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Ron Canazzi
Sent: Wednesday, July 15, 2020 11:01 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] The facts about getting a SmartVision phone repaired

Hello Group,

I think that at least for the short term, this issue of Blind accessible phones VS non Blind accessible phones is rather moot. The Apple iPhone Se second generation (similar to the iPhone 8 in many ways but with superior internal workings <g>) is still available for $400 US and (yes it has a home key) and it is cheaper and more supportable than the Smart Vision phones. If you really have trouble with the touch screens and touch gestures, you can for an additional $50 US purchase an external keyboard and should be good to go with most features.

Don't be afraid of IOS or Android phones just because of the touch screen and gestures. Fumble Fingers (that's me) was deathly afraid of them, but like the guy jumping off the 25 foot diving board (I did that once as well with much less success--really hurt my pudgy belly <g>0 I took the plunge and adapted to the iPhone much more easily than ever I could have dreamed.

In addition, you can automate many features such as your contacts for phoning people. I don't need to do this, but many people, once they enter a person or business into their contacts (a one time for each entry process) they simply ask Siri to call whomever (or is it whoever?
I always get that one wrong <g>.

Just my 2 or maybe it's 1 and a half in my case cents!


On 7/15/2020 8:53 AM, Ann Parsons wrote:
Hi all,

Yes, it is possible, but he didn't say that, Eeyore. He just gave his
opinion without any proof at all.

Ann P.


Original message:

Well, Ann, is it possible that Gary called IRIE directly and was told
by one of their helpful agents that although the Smart Vision can
still be purchased from their web site, it is no longer being made?
Since you already own this phone, I strongly suggest that you call
them yourself to find out whether this is true before you accuse Gary
of spreading false rumors, like you are always so quick to accuse me of doing.

Gerald


On 7/15/2020 8:34 AM, Ann Parsons wrote:
Hi all,
Oh, please, why do people persist in posting rumors and
misinformation. "It's not even on the web site any more."
Balderdash! Read this and weep!
https://irie-at.com/product/smartvision2-2/
If you looked a little further, you might find something. You've
got no proof, Gary, no email, no announcement, no web site nothing,
just your own erroneous misinformation! Did you hear about it? It's
called the pandemic! Did you know that factories and businesses all
over the world have been closed down, even in obscure countries like
France?
Production of all products have been delayed. It's been going on
since the middle of March and--.
You come up with proof, solid, incontrovertible proof, and then I'll
believe you. Until then, it's fake news.
BTW, you might have had difficulty finding the phone on their web
site because you don't have its name correct. It's the 'Smart Vision2'.
<grrrr>
Ann P.

Original message:
If you are going to get a smartvision, you better move quickly.
Both models are no longer being made. As a matter of fact, they're
are not even on the website any more.

On 7/14/2020 10:14 PM, Abbie Taylor wrote:
Eyore, in answer to your question about my BlindShell phone, Laz
Mesa at chccessible Electronics replaced the defective device, no
muss, no fuss. I've since emailed the folks at BlindShell about
the problems other users and I are having with the device. If I
don't hear back from them within a reasonable amount of time, I'll
more seriously consider switching to the Kapses Smart Vision 2 phone.
I've talked to two other people besides Ann who have this device,
and they're happy with it.
As for the Lucia phone, I heard it would only work with G3 networks.
So, when carriers switched to G 4 networks, users of this device
were out of luck. I could be wrong, but you might want to do more
research before you draw conclusions.
--
Abbie Johnson Taylor, Author https://abbiescorner.wordpress.com
http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com
abbietaylor945@...









--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"
I Say: "I'm as happy as a stow away chimpanzee on a banana boat!"


Re: The facts about getting a SmartVision phone repaired

Gary Greico
 

I was told by them that they were a bust.   Codi was willing to sell the
cheaper model to me for 400 dollars but I said no.  Look on the website,
it is not their.

On 15-Jul-20 8:53 AM, Ann Parsons wrote:
Hi all,

Yes, it is possible, but he didn't say that, Eeyore.  He just gave his
opinion without any proof at all.

Ann P.


Original message:

Well, Ann, is it possible that Gary called IRIE directly and was told by
one of their helpful agents that although the Smart Vision can still be
purchased from their web site, it is no longer being made? Since you
already own this phone, I strongly suggest that you call them yourself
to find out whether this is true before you accuse Gary of spreading
false rumors, like you are always so quick to accuse me of doing.

Gerald


On 7/15/2020 8:34 AM, Ann Parsons wrote:
Hi all,
Oh, please, why do people persist in posting rumors and
misinformation. "It's not even on the web site any more."
Balderdash! Read this and weep!
https://irie-at.com/product/smartvision2-2/
If you looked a little further, you might find something.  You've got
no proof, Gary, no email, no announcement, no web site nothing, just
your own erroneous misinformation!  Did you hear about it? It's
called the pandemic!  Did you know that factories and businesses all
over the world have been closed down, even in obscure countries like
France?
Production of all products have been delayed.  It's been going on
since the middle of March and--.
You come up with proof, solid, incontrovertible proof, and then I'll
believe you.  Until then, it's fake news.
BTW, you might have had difficulty finding the phone on their web site
because you don't have its name correct.  It's the 'Smart Vision2'.
<grrrr>
Ann P.

Original message:
If you are going to get a smartvision, you better move quickly. Both
models are no longer being made.  As a matter of fact, they're are not
even on the website any more.

On 7/14/2020 10:14 PM, Abbie Taylor wrote:
Eyore, in answer to your question about my BlindShell phone, Laz
Mesa at chccessible Electronics replaced the defective device, no
muss, no fuss. I've since emailed the folks at BlindShell about the
problems other users and I are having with the device. If I don't
hear back from them within a reasonable amount of time, I'll more
seriously consider switching to the Kapses Smart Vision 2 phone.
I've talked to two other people besides Ann who have this device,
and they're happy with it.
As for the Lucia phone, I heard it would only work with G3 networks.
So, when carriers switched to G 4 networks, users of this device
were out of luck. I could be wrong, but you might want to do more
research before you draw conclusions.
--
Abbie Johnson Taylor, Author https://abbiescorner.wordpress.com
http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com
abbietaylor945@...










Re: The facts about getting a SmartVision phone repaired

Gary Greico
 

I was told by  Codi himself.

On 15-Jul-20 8:42 AM, Gerald Levy via groups.io wrote:

Well, Ann, is it possible that Gary called IRIE directly and was told
by one of their helpful agents that although the Smart Vision can
still be purchased from their web site, it is no longer being made? 
Since you already own this phone, I strongly suggest that you call
them yourself to find out whether this is true before you accuse Gary
of spreading false rumors, like you are always so quick to accuse me
of doing.


Gerald



On 7/15/2020 8:34 AM, Ann Parsons wrote:
Hi all,

Oh, please, why do people persist in posting rumors and
misinformation. "It's not even on the web site any more."

Balderdash! Read this and weep!

https://irie-at.com/product/smartvision2-2/

If you looked a little further, you might find something. You've got
no proof, Gary, no email, no announcement, no web site nothing, just
your own erroneous misinformation!  Did you hear about it?  It's
called the pandemic!  Did you know that factories and businesses all
over the world have been closed down, even in obscure countries like
France?
Production of all products have been delayed.  It's been going on
since the middle of March and--.

You come up with proof, solid, incontrovertible proof, and then I'll
believe you.  Until then, it's fake news.

BTW, you might have had difficulty finding the phone on their web
site because you don't have its name correct.  It's the 'Smart Vision2'.

<grrrr>
Ann P.


Original message:
If you are going to get a smartvision, you better move quickly. Both
models are no longer being made.  As a matter of fact, they're are not
even on the website any more.

On 7/14/2020 10:14 PM, Abbie Taylor wrote:
Eyore, in answer to your question about my BlindShell phone, Laz
Mesa at chccessible Electronics replaced the defective device, no
muss, no fuss. I've since emailed the folks at BlindShell about the
problems other users and I are having with the device. If I don't
hear back from them within a reasonable amount of time, I'll more
seriously consider switching to the Kapses Smart Vision 2 phone.
I've talked to two other people besides Ann who have this device,
and they're happy with it.
As for the Lucia phone, I heard it would only work with G3
networks. So, when carriers switched to G 4 networks, users of this
device were out of luck. I could be wrong, but you might want to do
more research before you draw conclusions.
--
Abbie Johnson Taylor, Author https://abbiescorner.wordpress.com
http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com
abbietaylor945@...







Re: Removal from the Group

Pamela Dominguez
 

I wish I could just turn the spam filter off in gmail! That would be so much easier. I don't understand why gmail sends half my mail, even though it's from other people or lists that have been going into the inbox, to my spam folder. It's like it just randomly picks and chooses. Pam.

-----Original Message-----
From: Laz
Sent: Wednesday, July 15, 2020 10:49 AM
To: main@techtalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Removal from the Group

when a person or more likely their email provider, marks a message
from any groups.io group as spam it makes the situation worse for all
groups.io groups in that more and more email providers automatically
start marking messages from any groups.io groups as spam. This is why
groups.io will unsubscribe you and send you that message which should
make you aware of the situation.

one can easily avoid being unsubscribed from their groups.io groups by
checking their spam/junk folders daily and marking any messages from
any groups.io groups as not spam and sending itback to the in box
instead. Of course those of you who use email clients may need to do
this on the email provider's page and not just in your email client.

If all people would contact their email providers and let them know
that they subscribed to receive those messages and let them know to
just let one decide for oneself and determine which messages are spam,
things would run a lot smoother.

I hope that clears it up a bit.

Laz

On 7/14/20, Pamela Dominguez <pammygirl99@...> wrote:
Say what? I don’t get this! Because you got a spam message and deleted it,
you get removed from the group? That makes absolutely no sense to me!
Pam.

From: Mike B
Sent: Tuesday, July 14, 2020 12:45 PM
To: TechTalk
Subject: [TechTalk] Removal from the Group

Hi All,

I just received the following message from Groups.io after deleting a spam
email from my Fastmail server.

----- Original Message -----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io
To: mb69mach1@...
Sent: Tuesday, July 14, 2020 9:18 AM
Subject: You have been removed from main@TechTalk.groups.io


Hello,
You have been automatically removed from main@TechTalk.groups.io because
your Email Service Provider reported to us that message Boycott Multi Extra
program from main@TechTalk.groups.io has been marked as spam.

We suggest that you check your spam folder as soon as possible to see if
your Email Service Provider has diverted other legitimate messages into it.

You will receive no more emails from that group. If this was a mistake, you
can resume your subscription within the next 7 days by clicking the
following link:

Resume Subscription


I'm checking to see if I actually have been resubscribed and to see if
anyone else has been removed because of spam email not sent by myself.



Take care. Mike. Sent from my iBarstool.
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please
everybody.



--
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
https://www.avg.com




--
Affordably priced Accessible Talking MP3 Players, Accessible phones,
Bluetooth devices, and accessories
http://www.talkingmp3players.com/
Email: laz@...
Phone: 727-498-0121
Skype: lazmesa
Personal Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/laz.mesa
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Talkingmp3players?_rdr


Re: Removal from the Group

Gene
 

It appears, from what you say, that a certain amount of time passes before messages that aren't moved are marked as spam, by Fast Mail. it might be a good idea to know how much time that is so users can avoid this happening by checking their spam folder on a schedule.

Gene

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike B
Sent: Wednesday, July 15, 2020 11:23 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Removal from the Group


It can be turned off, but in the 1 and one half years I've been using this service this was only the 3rd spam message I've received and they all have been from Groups.io messsages. However, this was the 1st time I didn't move it to the In-box, so that makes it my fault and lesson learned

Take care. Mike. Sent from my iBarstool.
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.
----- Original Message -----
From: Gene
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, July 15, 2020 8:52 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Removal from the Group

I suspect it doesn't matter if you remove it or not. I suspect your e-mail
provider automatically marked it as spam and sent a notice to that effect.

Perhaps you should find out if Fast Mail does this automatically as soon as
a message is sent to the spam folder and if that behavior can be turned off.
If it can't, I consider that a reason to question whether Fast Mail should
be used for groups.

Gene
-----Original Message-----
From: Mike B
Sent: Wednesday, July 15, 2020 10:48 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Removal from the Group


Hi Laz,

That's what made it so weird! I marked the message as, Not Spam, then
deleted it. But, in thinking back I didn't remove it from the Spam folder,.
I thought that once it had been marked as, not spam, I could delete it
without having to move it to my In-box.

Take care. Mike. Sent from my iBarstool.
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please
everybody.
----- Original Message -----
From: Laz
To: main@techtalk.groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, July 15, 2020 7:49 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Removal from the Group

when a person or more likely their email provider, marks a message
from any groups.io group as spam it makes the situation worse for all
groups.io groups in that more and more email providers automatically
start marking messages from any groups.io groups as spam. This is why
groups.io will unsubscribe you and send you that message which should
make you aware of the situation.

one can easily avoid being unsubscribed from their groups.io groups by
checking their spam/junk folders daily and marking any messages from
any groups.io groups as not spam and sending itback to the in box
instead. Of course those of you who use email clients may need to do
this on the email provider's page and not just in your email client.

If all people would contact their email providers and let them know
that they subscribed to receive those messages and let them know to
just let one decide for oneself and determine which messages are spam,
things would run a lot smoother.

I hope that clears it up a bit.

Laz

On 7/14/20, Pamela Dominguez <pammygirl99@...> wrote:
Say what? I don’t get this! Because you got a spam message and deleted
it,
you get removed from the group? That makes absolutely no sense to me!
Pam.

From: Mike B
Sent: Tuesday, July 14, 2020 12:45 PM
To: TechTalk
Subject: [TechTalk] Removal from the Group

Hi All,

I just received the following message from Groups.io after deleting a spam
email from my Fastmail server.

----- Original Message -----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io
To: mb69mach1@...
Sent: Tuesday, July 14, 2020 9:18 AM
Subject: You have been removed from main@TechTalk.groups.io


Hello,
You have been automatically removed from main@TechTalk.groups.io because
your Email Service Provider reported to us that message Boycott Multi
Extra
program from main@TechTalk.groups.io has been marked as spam.

We suggest that you check your spam folder as soon as possible to see if
your Email Service Provider has diverted other legitimate messages into
it.

You will receive no more emails from that group. If this was a mistake,
you
can resume your subscription within the next 7 days by clicking the
following link:

Resume Subscription


I'm checking to see if I actually have been resubscribed and to see if
anyone else has been removed because of spam email not sent by myself.



Take care. Mike. Sent from my iBarstool.
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to
please
everybody.



--
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
https://www.avg.com




--
Affordably priced Accessible Talking MP3 Players, Accessible phones,
Bluetooth devices, and accessories
http://www.talkingmp3players.com/
Email: laz@...
Phone: 727-498-0121
Skype: lazmesa
Personal Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/laz.mesa
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Talkingmp3players?_rdr


Re: Removal from the Group

Mike B
 


It can be turned off, but in the 1 and one half years I've been using this service this was only the 3rd spam message I've received and they all have been from Groups.io messsages.  However, this was the 1st time I didn't move it to the In-box, so that makes it my fault and lesson learned

Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.

----- Original Message -----
From: Gene
Sent: Wednesday, July 15, 2020 8:52 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Removal from the Group

I suspect it doesn't matter if you remove it or not.  I suspect your e-mail
provider automatically marked it as spam and sent a notice to that effect.

Perhaps you should find out if Fast Mail does this automatically as soon as
a message is sent to the spam folder and if that behavior can be turned off.
If it can't, I consider that a reason to question whether  Fast Mail should
be used for groups.

Gene
-----Original Message-----
From: Mike B
Sent: Wednesday, July 15, 2020 10:48 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Removal from the Group


Hi Laz,

That's what made it so weird!  I marked the message as, Not Spam, then
deleted it.  But, in thinking back I didn't remove it from the Spam folder,.
I thought that once it had been marked as, not spam, I could delete it
without having to move it to my In-box.

Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please
everybody.
----- Original Message -----
From: Laz
To: main@techtalk.groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, July 15, 2020 7:49 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Removal from the Group

when a person or more likely their email provider, marks a message
from any groups.io group as spam it makes the situation worse for all
groups.io groups in that more and more email providers automatically
start marking messages from any groups.io groups as spam. This is why
groups.io will unsubscribe you and send you that message which should
make you aware of the situation.

one can easily avoid being unsubscribed from their groups.io groups by
checking their spam/junk folders daily and marking any messages from
any groups.io groups as not spam and sending itback to the in box
instead. Of course those of you who use email clients may need to do
this on the email provider's page and not just in your email client.

If all people would contact their email providers and let them know
that they subscribed to receive those messages and let them know to
just let one decide for oneself and determine which messages are spam,
things would run a lot smoother.

I hope that clears it up a bit.

Laz

On 7/14/20, Pamela Dominguez <pammygirl99@...> wrote:
> Say what?  I don’t get this!  Because you got a spam message and deleted
> it,
> you get removed from the group?  That makes absolutely no sense to me!
> Pam.
>
> From: Mike B
> Sent: Tuesday, July 14, 2020 12:45 PM
> To: TechTalk
> Subject: [TechTalk] Removal from the Group
>
> Hi All,
>
> I just received the following message from Groups.io after deleting a spam
> email from my Fastmail server.
>
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: main@TechTalk.groups.io
> To: mb69mach1@...
> Sent: Tuesday, July 14, 2020 9:18 AM
> Subject: You have been removed from main@TechTalk.groups.io
>
>
> Hello,
> You have been automatically removed from main@TechTalk.groups.io because
> your Email Service Provider reported to us that message Boycott Multi
> Extra
> program from main@TechTalk.groups.io has been marked as spam.
>
> We suggest that you check your spam folder as soon as possible to see if
> your Email Service Provider has diverted other legitimate messages into
> it.
>
> You will receive no more emails from that group. If this was a mistake,
> you
> can resume your subscription within the next 7 days by clicking the
> following link:
>
> Resume Subscription
>
>
> I'm checking to see if I actually have been resubscribed and to see if
> anyone else has been removed because of spam email not sent by myself.
>
>
>
> Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.
> I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to
> please
> everybody.
>
>
>
> --
> This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
> https://www.avg.com
>
>
>
>


--
Affordably priced Accessible Talking MP3 Players, Accessible phones,
Bluetooth devices, and accessories
http://www.talkingmp3players.com/
Email: laz@...
Phone: 727-498-0121
Skype: lazmesa
Personal Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/laz.mesa
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Talkingmp3players?_rdr



 




Re: Removal from the Group

Gene
 

I suspect it doesn't matter if you remove it or not. I suspect your e-mail provider automatically marked it as spam and sent a notice to that effect.

Perhaps you should find out if Fast Mail does this automatically as soon as a message is sent to the spam folder and if that behavior can be turned off. If it can't, I consider that a reason to question whether Fast Mail should be used for groups.

Gene

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike B
Sent: Wednesday, July 15, 2020 10:48 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Removal from the Group


Hi Laz,

That's what made it so weird! I marked the message as, Not Spam, then deleted it. But, in thinking back I didn't remove it from the Spam folder,. I thought that once it had been marked as, not spam, I could delete it without having to move it to my In-box.

Take care. Mike. Sent from my iBarstool.
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.
----- Original Message -----
From: Laz
To: main@techtalk.groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, July 15, 2020 7:49 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Removal from the Group

when a person or more likely their email provider, marks a message
from any groups.io group as spam it makes the situation worse for all
groups.io groups in that more and more email providers automatically
start marking messages from any groups.io groups as spam. This is why
groups.io will unsubscribe you and send you that message which should
make you aware of the situation.

one can easily avoid being unsubscribed from their groups.io groups by
checking their spam/junk folders daily and marking any messages from
any groups.io groups as not spam and sending itback to the in box
instead. Of course those of you who use email clients may need to do
this on the email provider's page and not just in your email client.

If all people would contact their email providers and let them know
that they subscribed to receive those messages and let them know to
just let one decide for oneself and determine which messages are spam,
things would run a lot smoother.

I hope that clears it up a bit.

Laz

On 7/14/20, Pamela Dominguez <pammygirl99@...> wrote:
Say what? I don’t get this! Because you got a spam message and deleted it,
you get removed from the group? That makes absolutely no sense to me!
Pam.

From: Mike B
Sent: Tuesday, July 14, 2020 12:45 PM
To: TechTalk
Subject: [TechTalk] Removal from the Group

Hi All,

I just received the following message from Groups.io after deleting a spam
email from my Fastmail server.

----- Original Message -----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io
To: mb69mach1@...
Sent: Tuesday, July 14, 2020 9:18 AM
Subject: You have been removed from main@TechTalk.groups.io


Hello,
You have been automatically removed from main@TechTalk.groups.io because
your Email Service Provider reported to us that message Boycott Multi Extra
program from main@TechTalk.groups.io has been marked as spam.

We suggest that you check your spam folder as soon as possible to see if
your Email Service Provider has diverted other legitimate messages into it.

You will receive no more emails from that group. If this was a mistake, you
can resume your subscription within the next 7 days by clicking the
following link:

Resume Subscription


I'm checking to see if I actually have been resubscribed and to see if
anyone else has been removed because of spam email not sent by myself.



Take care. Mike. Sent from my iBarstool.
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please
everybody.



--
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
https://www.avg.com




--
Affordably priced Accessible Talking MP3 Players, Accessible phones,
Bluetooth devices, and accessories
http://www.talkingmp3players.com/
Email: laz@...
Phone: 727-498-0121
Skype: lazmesa
Personal Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/laz.mesa
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Talkingmp3players?_rdr


Re: Removal from the Group

Mike B
 


Hi Laz,
 
That's what made it so weird!  I marked the message as, Not Spam, then deleted it.  But, in thinking back I didn't remove it from the Spam folder,.  I thought that once it had been marked as, not spam, I could delete it without having to move it to my In-box.

Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.

----- Original Message -----
From: Laz
Sent: Wednesday, July 15, 2020 7:49 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Removal from the Group

when a person or more likely their email provider, marks a message
from any groups.io group as spam it makes the situation worse for all
groups.io groups in that more and more email providers automatically
start marking messages from any groups.io groups as spam. This is why
groups.io will unsubscribe you and send you that message which should
make you aware of the situation.

one can easily avoid being unsubscribed from their groups.io groups by
checking their spam/junk folders daily and marking any messages from
any groups.io groups as not spam and sending itback to the in box
instead. Of course those of you who use email clients may need to do
this on the email provider's page and not just in your email client.

If all people would contact their email providers and let them know
that they subscribed to receive those messages and let them know to
just let one decide for oneself and determine which messages are spam,
things would run a lot smoother.

I hope that clears it up a bit.

Laz

On 7/14/20, Pamela Dominguez <pammygirl99@...> wrote:
> Say what?  I don’t get this!  Because you got a spam message and deleted it,
> you get removed from the group?  That makes absolutely no sense to me!
> Pam.
>
> From: Mike B
> Sent: Tuesday, July 14, 2020 12:45 PM
> To: TechTalk
> Subject: [TechTalk] Removal from the Group
>
> Hi All,
>
> I just received the following message from Groups.io after deleting a spam
> email from my Fastmail server.
>
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: main@TechTalk.groups.io
> To: mb69mach1@...
> Sent: Tuesday, July 14, 2020 9:18 AM
> Subject: You have been removed from main@TechTalk.groups.io
>
>
> Hello,
> You have been automatically removed from main@TechTalk.groups.io because
> your Email Service Provider reported to us that message Boycott Multi Extra
> program from main@TechTalk.groups.io has been marked as spam.
>
> We suggest that you check your spam folder as soon as possible to see if
> your Email Service Provider has diverted other legitimate messages into it.
>
> You will receive no more emails from that group. If this was a mistake, you
> can resume your subscription within the next 7 days by clicking the
> following link:
>
> Resume Subscription
>
>
> I'm checking to see if I actually have been resubscribed and to see if
> anyone else has been removed because of spam email not sent by myself.
>
>
>
> Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.
> I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please
> everybody.
>
>
>
> --
> This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
> https://www.avg.com
>
>
>
>


--
Affordably priced Accessible Talking MP3 Players, Accessible phones,
Bluetooth devices, and accessories
http://www.talkingmp3players.com/
Email: laz@...
Phone: 727-498-0121
Skype: lazmesa
Personal Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/laz.mesa
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Talkingmp3players?_rdr



Re: The facts about getting a SmartVision phone repaired

Ron Canazzi
 

Hello Group,

I think that at least for the short term, this issue of Blind accessible phones VS non Blind accessible phones is rather moot. The Apple iPhone Se second generation (similar to the iPhone 8 in many ways but with superior internal workings <g>) is still available for $400 US and (yes it has a home key) and it is cheaper and more supportable than the Smart Vision phones.  If you really have trouble with the touch screens and touch gestures, you can for an additional $50 US purchase an external keyboard and should be good to go with most features.

Don't be afraid of IOS or Android phones just because of the touch screen and gestures.  Fumble Fingers (that's me) was deathly afraid of them, but like the guy jumping off the 25 foot diving board (I did that once as well with much less success--really hurt my pudgy belly <g>0 I took the plunge and adapted to the iPhone much more easily than ever I could have dreamed.

In addition, you can automate many features such as your contacts for phoning people. I don't need to do this, but many people, once they enter a person or business into their contacts (a one time for each entry process) they simply ask Siri to call whomever (or is it whoever? I always get that one wrong <g>.

Just my 2 or maybe it's     1 and a half in my case cents!

On 7/15/2020 8:53 AM, Ann Parsons wrote:
Hi all,

Yes, it is possible, but he didn't say that, Eeyore.  He just gave his opinion without any proof at all.

Ann P.


Original message:

Well, Ann, is it possible that Gary called IRIE directly and was told by
one of their helpful agents that although the Smart Vision can still be
purchased from their web site, it is no longer being made? Since you
already own this phone, I strongly suggest that you call them yourself
to find out whether this is true before you accuse Gary of spreading
false rumors, like you are always so quick to accuse me of doing.

Gerald


On 7/15/2020 8:34 AM, Ann Parsons wrote:
Hi all,
Oh, please, why do people persist in posting rumors and
misinformation. "It's not even on the web site any more."
Balderdash! Read this and weep!
https://irie-at.com/product/smartvision2-2/
If you looked a little further, you might find something.  You've got
no proof, Gary, no email, no announcement, no web site nothing, just
your own erroneous misinformation!  Did you hear about it? It's
called the pandemic!  Did you know that factories and businesses all
over the world have been closed down, even in obscure countries like
France?
Production of all products have been delayed.  It's been going on
since the middle of March and--.
You come up with proof, solid, incontrovertible proof, and then I'll
believe you.  Until then, it's fake news.
BTW, you might have had difficulty finding the phone on their web site
because you don't have its name correct.  It's the 'Smart Vision2'.
<grrrr>
Ann P.

Original message:
If you are going to get a smartvision, you better move quickly. Both
models are no longer being made.  As a matter of fact, they're are not
even on the website any more.

On 7/14/2020 10:14 PM, Abbie Taylor wrote:
Eyore, in answer to your question about my BlindShell phone, Laz
Mesa at chccessible Electronics replaced the defective device, no
muss, no fuss. I've since emailed the folks at BlindShell about the
problems other users and I are having with the device. If I don't
hear back from them within a reasonable amount of time, I'll more
seriously consider switching to the Kapses Smart Vision 2 phone.
I've talked to two other people besides Ann who have this device,
and they're happy with it.
As for the Lucia phone, I heard it would only work with G3 networks.
So, when carriers switched to G 4 networks, users of this device
were out of luck. I could be wrong, but you might want to do more
research before you draw conclusions.
--
Abbie Johnson Taylor, Author https://abbiescorner.wordpress.com
http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com
abbietaylor945@...









--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"
I Say: "I'm as happy as a stow away chimpanzee on a banana boat!"


Re: Removal from the Group

Laz
 

when a person or more likely their email provider, marks a message
from any groups.io group as spam it makes the situation worse for all
groups.io groups in that more and more email providers automatically
start marking messages from any groups.io groups as spam. This is why
groups.io will unsubscribe you and send you that message which should
make you aware of the situation.

one can easily avoid being unsubscribed from their groups.io groups by
checking their spam/junk folders daily and marking any messages from
any groups.io groups as not spam and sending itback to the in box
instead. Of course those of you who use email clients may need to do
this on the email provider's page and not just in your email client.

If all people would contact their email providers and let them know
that they subscribed to receive those messages and let them know to
just let one decide for oneself and determine which messages are spam,
things would run a lot smoother.

I hope that clears it up a bit.

Laz

On 7/14/20, Pamela Dominguez <pammygirl99@...> wrote:
Say what? I don’t get this! Because you got a spam message and deleted it,
you get removed from the group? That makes absolutely no sense to me!
Pam.

From: Mike B
Sent: Tuesday, July 14, 2020 12:45 PM
To: TechTalk
Subject: [TechTalk] Removal from the Group

Hi All,

I just received the following message from Groups.io after deleting a spam
email from my Fastmail server.

----- Original Message -----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io
To: mb69mach1@...
Sent: Tuesday, July 14, 2020 9:18 AM
Subject: You have been removed from main@TechTalk.groups.io


Hello,
You have been automatically removed from main@TechTalk.groups.io because
your Email Service Provider reported to us that message Boycott Multi Extra
program from main@TechTalk.groups.io has been marked as spam.

We suggest that you check your spam folder as soon as possible to see if
your Email Service Provider has diverted other legitimate messages into it.

You will receive no more emails from that group. If this was a mistake, you
can resume your subscription within the next 7 days by clicking the
following link:

Resume Subscription


I'm checking to see if I actually have been resubscribed and to see if
anyone else has been removed because of spam email not sent by myself.



Take care. Mike. Sent from my iBarstool.
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please
everybody.



--
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
https://www.avg.com



--
Affordably priced Accessible Talking MP3 Players, Accessible phones,
Bluetooth devices, and accessories
http://www.talkingmp3players.com/
Email: laz@...
Phone: 727-498-0121
Skype: lazmesa
Personal Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/laz.mesa
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Talkingmp3players?_rdr


wifi drive question

Fanus
 

Hello list
This is perhaps a very stupid question but it might solve my problem. I have
a WD wifi drive but it loses the network connection frequently. Now I did a
reset and I did the following, as described in the manual, to explain the
below question: I navigated to the network item and selected the wifi drive
as network. I typed the password and it connected. I activated Google Chrome
and typed the ip address of the drive network. On the page I selected wifi
and my router network name appeared. I selected that and after typing the
password I got the message that the wifi drive is connected. Now for my
question: on the systray it still shows the wifi drive as network with the
words "internet access". Should I leave that as is i.e. that will then
access the internet via my normal router or must I select my router network
as the active network? I hope the experts understand what I am asking. In
the past I selected my router network and that may just be why my wifi drive
lost connection.
Regards
Fanus


Re: Compress Zip Folder Error Message

Mike B
 


Zipping from, C:\temp, if I type that into the Run dialogue I get a message saying.,
Windows cannot find ’C:\temp’. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.
 
I've tried zipping from many different places on the C / operating system drive and everytime getting the same error message as originally posted.

Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.

----- Original Message -----
From: Sam Taylor
Sent: Wednesday, July 15, 2020 4:38 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Compress Zip Folder Error Message

I'm also still unclear as to whether Mike can zip a file from, say, c:\temp, but not c:\.


On 15/07/2020 9:25 pm, Gene wrote:
I don't think this is a permission problem.  You said in a later message that you can compress files using 7zip.  The same permission problem should have forbidden it.

Also, if you can still add and delete files, I see no permission problem with compressing them.  And when you compress a file, you aren't changing the original.  It makes no sense that you can work with files in general but that the compression of a file would present a permission problem.

This is an example of being skeptical if something doesn't make logical sense. Don't assume that a computer is smarter than you are.  If something contradicts itself, skepticism is in order.  I don't know what the problem is but I wonder if there is something corrupted in the zip utility itself.

Why do you want to reinstall Windows?

Gene
-----Original Message----- From: Smiling?
Sent: Wednesday, July 15, 2020 4:04 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Compress Zip Folder Error Message



Maybe System Restore?





From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mike B
Sent: Tuesday, July 14, 2020 18:20
To: TechTalk <main@TechTalk.groups.io>
Subject: [TechTalk] Compress Zip Folder Error Message







Hi All,







On my Windows 7 Pro system I started getting the following message whenever I try to compress a file with the Windows default compression tool from the context menu.







Compressed (zipped) Folders Error
Unable to complete the operation.
Access is denied.







Can someone tell me how to fix this problem, please?!  I've searched for a solution, but I don't understand exactly what to do with the steps I've found for changing permissions in the Security tab of the file I'm attempting to compress.  All help is greatly appreciated.  Thanks much.








Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.











Re: The facts about getting a SmartVision phone repaired

Ann Parsons
 

Hi all,

Yes, it is possible, but he didn't say that, Eeyore. He just gave his opinion without any proof at all.

Ann P.


Original message:

Well, Ann, is it possible that Gary called IRIE directly and was told by
one of their helpful agents that although the Smart Vision can still be
purchased from their web site, it is no longer being made?  Since you
already own this phone, I strongly suggest that you call them yourself
to find out whether this is true before you accuse Gary of spreading
false rumors, like you are always so quick to accuse me of doing.

Gerald


On 7/15/2020 8:34 AM, Ann Parsons wrote:
Hi all,
Oh, please, why do people persist in posting rumors and
misinformation. "It's not even on the web site any more."
Balderdash! Read this and weep!
https://irie-at.com/product/smartvision2-2/
If you looked a little further, you might find something.  You've got
no proof, Gary, no email, no announcement, no web site nothing, just
your own erroneous misinformation!  Did you hear about it?  It's
called the pandemic!  Did you know that factories and businesses all
over the world have been closed down, even in obscure countries like
France?
Production of all products have been delayed.  It's been going on
since the middle of March and--.
You come up with proof, solid, incontrovertible proof, and then I'll
believe you.  Until then, it's fake news.
BTW, you might have had difficulty finding the phone on their web site
because you don't have its name correct.  It's the 'Smart Vision2'.
<grrrr>
Ann P.

Original message:
If you are going to get a smartvision, you better move quickly. Both
models are no longer being made.  As a matter of fact, they're are not
even on the website any more.

On 7/14/2020 10:14 PM, Abbie Taylor wrote:
Eyore, in answer to your question about my BlindShell phone, Laz
Mesa at chccessible Electronics replaced the defective device, no
muss, no fuss. I've since emailed the folks at BlindShell about the
problems other users and I are having with the device. If I don't
hear back from them within a reasonable amount of time, I'll more
seriously consider switching to the Kapses Smart Vision 2 phone.
I've talked to two other people besides Ann who have this device,
and they're happy with it.
As for the Lucia phone, I heard it would only work with G3 networks.
So, when carriers switched to G 4 networks, users of this device
were out of luck. I could be wrong, but you might want to do more
research before you draw conclusions.
--
Abbie Johnson Taylor, Author https://abbiescorner.wordpress.com
http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com
abbietaylor945@...









--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring
EMAIL: akp@...
Author of The Demmies: http://www.dldbooks.com/annparsons/
Portal Tutoring web site: http://www.portaltutoring.info
Skype: Putertutor

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."


Re: Compress Zip Folder Error Message

Mike B
 

I guess I've been leaning towards a permission problem because of what info I get from searches say about the message I get whenever I try to zip a file.  But like you stated, I wouldn't be able to delete or access certain areas or files if it's a permission problem and that's led me to believe it could be a problem with the utility itself.  As for reinstalling Windows, I haven't done a fresh reinstall in many years and it's been a lingering thought for many months, nothing more nothing less.

Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.

----- Original Message -----
From: Gene
Sent: Wednesday, July 15, 2020 4:25 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Compress Zip Folder Error Message

I don't think this is a permission problem.  You said in a later message
that you can compress files using 7zip.  The same permission problem should
have forbidden it.

Also, if you can still add and delete files, I see no permission problem
with compressing them.  And when you compress a file, you aren't changing
the original.  It makes no sense that you can work with files in general but
that the compression of a file would present a permission problem.

This is an example of being skeptical if something doesn't make logical
sense. Don't assume that a computer is smarter than you are.  If something
contradicts itself, skepticism is in order.  I don't know what the problem
is but I wonder if there is something corrupted in the zip utility itself.

Why do you want to reinstall Windows?

Gene
-----Original Message-----
From: Smiling?
Sent: Wednesday, July 15, 2020 4:04 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Compress Zip Folder Error Message



Maybe System Restore?





From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mike B
Sent: Tuesday, July 14, 2020 18:20
To: TechTalk <main@TechTalk.groups.io>
Subject: [TechTalk] Compress Zip Folder Error Message







Hi All,







On my Windows 7 Pro system I started getting the following message whenever
I try to compress a file with the Windows default compression tool from the
context menu.







Compressed (zipped) Folders Error
Unable to complete the operation.
Access is denied.







Can someone tell me how to fix this problem, please?!  I've searched for a
solution, but I don't understand exactly what to do with the steps I've
found for changing permissions in the Security tab of the file I'm
attempting to compress.  All help is greatly appreciated.  Thanks much.








Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please
everybody.





 




Re: The facts about getting a SmartVision phone repaired

Gerald Levy
 

Well, Ann, is it possible that Gary called IRIE directly and was told by one of their helpful agents that although the Smart Vision can still be purchased from their web site, it is no longer being made?  Since you already own this phone, I strongly suggest that you call them yourself to find out whether this is true before you accuse Gary of spreading false rumors, like you are always so quick to accuse me of doing.


Gerald

On 7/15/2020 8:34 AM, Ann Parsons wrote:
Hi all,

Oh, please, why do people persist in posting rumors and misinformation. "It's not even on the web site any more."

Balderdash! Read this and weep!

https://irie-at.com/product/smartvision2-2/

If you looked a little further, you might find something.  You've got no proof, Gary, no email, no announcement, no web site nothing, just your own erroneous misinformation!  Did you hear about it?  It's called the pandemic!  Did you know that factories and businesses all over the world have been closed down, even in obscure countries like France?
Production of all products have been delayed.  It's been going on since the middle of March and--.

You come up with proof, solid, incontrovertible proof, and then I'll believe you.  Until then, it's fake news.

BTW, you might have had difficulty finding the phone on their web site because you don't have its name correct.  It's the 'Smart Vision2'.

<grrrr>
Ann P.


Original message:
If you are going to get a smartvision, you better move quickly. Both
models are no longer being made.  As a matter of fact, they're are not
even on the website any more.

On 7/14/2020 10:14 PM, Abbie Taylor wrote:
Eyore, in answer to your question about my BlindShell phone, Laz Mesa at chccessible Electronics replaced the defective device, no muss, no fuss. I've since emailed the folks at BlindShell about the problems other users and I are having with the device. If I don't hear back from them within a reasonable amount of time, I'll more seriously consider switching to the Kapses Smart Vision 2 phone. I've talked to two other people besides Ann who have this device, and they're happy with it.
As for the Lucia phone, I heard it would only work with G3 networks. So, when carriers switched to G 4 networks, users of this device were out of luck. I could be wrong, but you might want to do more research before you draw conclusions.
--
Abbie Johnson Taylor, Author https://abbiescorner.wordpress.com
http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com
abbietaylor945@...






Re: The facts about getting a SmartVision phone repaired

Ann Parsons
 

Hi all,

Oh, please, why do people persist in posting rumors and misinformation. "It's not even on the web site any more."

Balderdash! Read this and weep!

https://irie-at.com/product/smartvision2-2/

If you looked a little further, you might find something. You've got no proof, Gary, no email, no announcement, no web site nothing, just your own erroneous misinformation! Did you hear about it? It's called the pandemic! Did you know that factories and businesses all over the world have been closed down, even in obscure countries like France?
Production of all products have been delayed. It's been going on since the middle of March and--.

You come up with proof, solid, incontrovertible proof, and then I'll believe you. Until then, it's fake news.

BTW, you might have had difficulty finding the phone on their web site because you don't have its name correct. It's the 'Smart Vision2'.

<grrrr>
Ann P.


Original message:

If you are going to get a smartvision, you better move quickly. Both
models are no longer being made.  As a matter of fact, they're  are not
even on the website any more.

On 7/14/2020 10:14 PM, Abbie Taylor wrote:
Eyore, in answer to your question about my BlindShell phone, Laz Mesa at chccessible Electronics replaced the defective device, no muss, no fuss. I've since emailed the folks at BlindShell about the problems other users and I are having with the device. If I don't hear back from them within a reasonable amount of time, I'll more seriously consider switching to the Kapses Smart Vision 2 phone. I've talked to two other people besides Ann who have this device, and they're happy with it.
As for the Lucia phone, I heard it would only work with G3 networks. So, when carriers switched to G 4 networks, users of this device were out of luck. I could be wrong, but you might want to do more research before you draw conclusions.
--
Abbie Johnson Taylor, Author https://abbiescorner.wordpress.com
http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com
abbietaylor945@...





--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring
EMAIL: akp@...
Author of The Demmies: http://www.dldbooks.com/annparsons/
Portal Tutoring web site: http://www.portaltutoring.info
Skype: Putertutor

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."


Re: The facts about getting a SmartVision phone repaired

Ann Parsons
 

Hi all,

Which web site? Where did you hear this announcement?

Ann P.


Original message:

If you are going to get a smartvision, you better move quickly. Both
models are no longer being made.  As a matter of fact, they're  are not
even on the website any more.

On 7/14/2020 10:14 PM, Abbie Taylor wrote:
Eyore, in answer to your question about my BlindShell phone, Laz Mesa at chccessible Electronics replaced the defective device, no muss, no fuss. I've since emailed the folks at BlindShell about the problems other users and I are having with the device. If I don't hear back from them within a reasonable amount of time, I'll more seriously consider switching to the Kapses Smart Vision 2 phone. I've talked to two other people besides Ann who have this device, and they're happy with it.
As for the Lucia phone, I heard it would only work with G3 networks. So, when carriers switched to G 4 networks, users of this device were out of luck. I could be wrong, but you might want to do more research before you draw conclusions.
--
Abbie Johnson Taylor, Author https://abbiescorner.wordpress.com
http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com
abbietaylor945@...





--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring
EMAIL: akp@...
Author of The Demmies: http://www.dldbooks.com/annparsons/
Portal Tutoring web site: http://www.portaltutoring.info
Skype: Putertutor

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."