Date   

Re: Connecting Computer to TV

Carlos
 

Press Windows key+P and select one of the available options such as
"Projector Only"
or
"Duplicate"
Note that in Windows 10, you will see
"Second Screen"
instead of
"Projector Only"

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rob" <captinlogic@...>
To: <main@TechTalk.groups.io>
Sent: Wednesday, November 23, 2016 3:07 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] Connecting Computer to TV


We have a HDTV and a HDMI cable. Rather than burning a bunch of dvds, I had the idea to bring the computer to the television instead.
Is there anything we need to do with the computer to make it display on the tv? My chosen media player will probably be VLC.


Connecting Computer to TV

Rob <captinlogic@...>
 

We have a HDTV and a HDMI cable. Rather than burning a bunch of dvds, I had the idea to bring the computer to the television instead.
Is there anything we need to do with the computer to make it display on the tv? My chosen media player will probably be VLC.


Re: maximise

Ann Parsons
 

Hi all,

No, you haven't. Maximizing the screen is a Windows command: alt-space followed by x.


Ann P.


Original message:

Hi all
I forgot the key in Jaws to max the screen. Thanks
I use jaws 14 office 2010 windows 7
Sugar
'I have loved the stars to fondly to fear
the night.
~Sugar



--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring
** New EMAIL: akp@...
web site: http://www.portaltutoring.info
Skype: Putertutor

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."


Re: Remote Depositing

Mike B. <MiBru9902@...>
 

Hi Rob,
 
It's been that way for over a year now, but not with all banks to my knowledge.  People will have to check with their individual banks to see what their policies are.

----- Original Message -----
From: Rob
Sent: Wednesday, November 23, 2016 10:54 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Remote Depositing

Kimsan <kimsansong@...> wrote:
> Most banks now a days you can take a picture of your check and it will be deposited that way.

Really? I thought that was just something that was supposed to happen someday.
I'll look into it.



Re: Remote Depositing

Carolyn Arnold
 

My cousin said that she did that, took a picture of her
check to deposit it. I forget what she did on her trusty
Galaxy phone to make it work.

Bye for now,

Carolyn

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io
[mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Rob
Sent: Wednesday, November 23, 2016 1:55 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Remote Depositing

Kimsan <kimsansong@...> wrote:
Most banks now a days you can take a picture of your check
and it will be deposited that way.

Really? I thought that was just something that was supposed
to happen someday.
I'll look into it.


Re: Remote Depositing

Rob <captinlogic@...>
 

Kimsan <kimsansong@...> wrote:
Most banks now a days you can take a picture of your check and it will be deposited that way.
Really? I thought that was just something that was supposed to happen someday.
I'll look into it.


Re: Remote Depositing

Kimsan
 

Most banks now a days you can take a picture of your check and it will be deposited that way.
Have you looked to see if that option is available through your bank?

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Rob
Sent: Wednesday, November 23, 2016 10:31 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] Remote Depositing

So, I bank with JP Morgan Chase. Their nearest branch is hundreds of miles away in Wisconsin somewhere.
I'm about to get a paycheck next week. When you don't have a branch near by, how can you deposit checks?
I've never had to face this situation before. Everything has been direct deposited. Of course I can set up a local account here but I kind of want to keep everything in one account for simplicity.
Ideas?


Remote Depositing

Rob <captinlogic@...>
 

So, I bank with JP Morgan Chase. Their nearest branch is hundreds of miles away in Wisconsin somewhere.
I'm about to get a paycheck next week. When you don't have a branch near by, how can you deposit checks?
I've never had to face this situation before. Everything has been direct deposited. Of course I can set up a local account here but I kind of want to keep everything in one account for simplicity.
Ideas?


Re: maximise

Gene
 

There is no JAWS command.  Do you want to display a program maximized?  If so, when the program is opened and you are in it, issue the command alt space bar.  Then when the menu opens, type x.  That is the shortcut command for maximize in the menu.  Some programs remember that you maximized them and will open maximized in future.  Some won't.  Or the main window may but, for example, if you open an e-mail in an e-mail program, it may not open maximized even though the main program window is.  You can maximize the message window repeatedly or there may be utilities that automatically cause windows to be maximized if you want them to open maximized and they don't remember.  I know of one such program but it may not have worked properly in versions of Windows later than XP. 
 
Gene

----- Original Message -----
From: Sugar
Sent: Wednesday, November 23, 2016 11:08 AM
Subject: [TechTalk] maximise

Hi all
I forgot the key in Jaws to max the  screen. Thanks
I use jaws 14 office 2010 windows 7
Sugar

'I have loved the stars to fondly to fear
the night.
~Sugar






Re: maximise

Carlos
 

Although it should be noted that this is not a JAWS command. It is a Windows command so it is also not screen reader specific.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jujube" <ellaxyu@...>
To: <main@TechTalk.groups.io>
Sent: Wednesday, November 23, 2016 12:15 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] maximise


Altogether-space and select maximize.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sugar" <sugarsyl71@...
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Date sent: Wed, 23 Nov 2016 09:08:30 -0800
Subject: [TechTalk] maximise

Hi all
I forgot the key in Jaws to max the screen. Thanks
I use jaws 14 office 2010 windows 7
Sugar

'I have loved the stars to fondly to fear
the night.
~Sugar








Re: maximise

Jujube
 

Altogether-space and select maximize.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sugar" <sugarsyl71@...
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Date sent: Wed, 23 Nov 2016 09:08:30 -0800
Subject: [TechTalk] maximise

Hi all
I forgot the key in Jaws to max the screen. Thanks
I use jaws 14 office 2010 windows 7
Sugar

'I have loved the stars to fondly to fear
the night.
~Sugar


Re: maximise

Kimsan
 

Alt space followed by x, or you can do windows key up arrow.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Sugar
Sent: Wednesday, November 23, 2016 9:09 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] maximise

Hi all
I forgot the key in Jaws to max the screen. Thanks I use jaws 14 office 2010 windows 7 Sugar

'I have loved the stars to fondly to fear the night.
~Sugar


maximise

Sugar Lopez
 

Hi all
I forgot the key in Jaws to max the screen. Thanks
I use jaws 14 office 2010 windows 7
Sugar

'I have loved the stars to fondly to fear
the night.
~Sugar


This week on Eyes On Success: Blind Writing Instructor and Author

blueskies11
 

1648 Blind Writing Instructor and Author (Nov. 23, 2016)

Emily K. Michael is a blind poet, musician, and writing instructor. Her work has appeared in many publications and focuses on creative non-fiction topics such as disability, music, education, and ecology. Hosts Nancy and Peter Torpey talk with her about her work and how she has overcome challenges in employment, getting published, and working in the classroom.

 

The audio and show notes can be found at:

www.EyesOnSuccess.net

 

and you can subscribe to the podcast in iTunes.

 

Check out Eyes On Success (formerly ViewPoints)

A weekly, half hour audio program for people living with vision loss.

Find out more about the show and get links to past episodes at:

       www.EyesOnSuccess.net

Find the podcast on iTunes or use the URL:

       www.EyesOnSuccess.net/eos_podcast

Find us on social media at:

       www.facebook.com/EyesOnSuccess

       www.twitter.com/@_EyesOnSuccess

       www.audioboom.com/EyesOnSuccess

Subscribe to the announcements-only list by sending an e-mail to:

       EyesOnSuccess+Subscribe@...

Subscribe to the listener discussion group by sending an e-mail to:

       EOS_discuss+Subscribe@...

Send suggestions or comments to:

      hosts@...

 

 


program manager suggestion

mcLeod stinnett
 

janet, have you looked at your installed programs to see if something installed without your knowledge?


--
from Mack


Re: error when downloading e-mail

Gene
 

I don't know what determines whether this command works.  It works on my Windows 7 machine.  But if it works, it should be pointed out that this isn't just for the desktop.  I opened the c drive and created a new folder in the same way. 
 
I have no idea if this command generally works or is spotty from one machine to another.  Whatever the case, it's good to keep in mind for its convenience if it works on whatever machines the user has.
Gene

----- Original Message -----
From: Gene
Sent: Tuesday, November 22, 2016 11:36 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] error when downloading e-mail

I expect that any halfway decent antivirus program would scan files in the same way when they are being downloaded as when they are opened after download.  I would consider it to be a very poor design if they didn't.  Suppose a file had some sort of malicious content that was new.  That might mean that it might get by when downloaded and then, if the file were opened later instead of right away for some reason, the file would be let through even if the antivirus program had been updated to detect the file. 
 
Gene
----- Original Message -----
From: Norman
Sent: Tuesday, November 22, 2016 7:54 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] error when downloading e-mail

Hi.

I agree with the facct that scanning mail can slow down the incoming mail, and i don't do it either. However, i question the assertion that it serves no useful purpose with all the html and embedded content that is put into messages these days. I don't know for sure how that would be viewed from an AV standpoint but i'd guess that that would not be scanned otherwise.


JMT
On 11/22/2016 8:50 PM, Gene wrote:
I didn't have a solution to offer.  I don't scan incoming mail because it makes downloading mail much faster.  A good antivirus program should scan every file you open when you open it.  Therefore, scanning mail as it downloads doesn't, as I understand the matter, add any security.  others with more technical knowledge may disagree but I believe this is a feature programs include for the psychological comfort of the user and serves no useful purpose and, indeed, harms mail download speeds to no benefit.
 
Gene
----- Original Message -----
From: Norman
Sent: Tuesday, November 22, 2016 7:26 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] error when downloading e-mail

Hi.

I have to agree with the thought here, reinstalling is rarely the fix. However, you didn't give a possible solution to the problem reported by the origional poster.

As for a possible fix, the first thing i would loook at is antivirus. Do you have an antivirus program? If so, Is it scanning mail? If the answer to both questions is yes try to disable your antivirus for 10 minutes or so to see if the error goes away. Once it's disabled, restart outlook express.

If the error persists then carefully check your email settings against the recommended settings from the provider paying special attention to the ports and ssl settings.

If the error goes away disable the mail scanning feature of the antivirus program or if this makes you uncomfortable make sure ssl encryption is turned off on the mail client.


HTH.




On 11/22/2016 5:32 PM, Gene wrote:
It's remarkable how many people reinstall programs, thus wasting considerable time and effort and at times losing data, when that is the least likely solution.  I would advise those who aren't sure whether to reinstall programs to ask here before doing so.  Time after time, I see people state that they reinstalled a program and it didn't solve the problem. 
 
I'm not being critical.  I'm trying to save people time and trouble as well as possible new problems perhaps caused by losing previously existing data you want in the program, previous settings, or just the off chance that reinstalling a program might cause problems in the program that didn't exist before. 
 
Gene
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, November 22, 2016 3:49 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] error when downloading e-mail

Hi All,
 
I'm running windows 7 here and outlook express, I believe version 6.
 
For the past week or 2 every time I download e-mail an error dialogue pops up with the following error messages:
 
Under the tasks tab it says failed local area network, and under the errors tab it says Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection.  Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity.
 
I seem to still be getting all of my mail but I have to hit a hide button to get back to my downloaded messages.  I receive mail from 2 different accounts, my road runner account and my gmail account, but it appears that it's my gmail server that's causing the problem.
 
Out of the 3 possible causes listed in the message above I don't think the error is caused by inactivity because I don't have to wait that long for my e-mail to finish downloading.
 
I thought that outlook express might be corrupted so I reinstalled it using run as administrator and that didn't solve the problem, can anybody else give me some other things to try?  As I say I seem to be getting all of my mail, but this error is getting annoying.
 
Oh, and there's also times when I go to send a message and it doesn't get sent right away either.
 
Thanks.
 
Troy
 
 





Re: error when downloading e-mail

Gene
 

I expect that any halfway decent antivirus program would scan files in the same way when they are being downloaded as when they are opened after download.  I would consider it to be a very poor design if they didn't.  Suppose a file had some sort of malicious content that was new.  That might mean that it might get by when downloaded and then, if the file were opened later instead of right away for some reason, the file would be let through even if the antivirus program had been updated to detect the file. 
 
Gene

----- Original Message -----
From: Norman
Sent: Tuesday, November 22, 2016 7:54 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] error when downloading e-mail

Hi.

I agree with the facct that scanning mail can slow down the incoming mail, and i don't do it either. However, i question the assertion that it serves no useful purpose with all the html and embedded content that is put into messages these days. I don't know for sure how that would be viewed from an AV standpoint but i'd guess that that would not be scanned otherwise.


JMT
On 11/22/2016 8:50 PM, Gene wrote:
I didn't have a solution to offer.  I don't scan incoming mail because it makes downloading mail much faster.  A good antivirus program should scan every file you open when you open it.  Therefore, scanning mail as it downloads doesn't, as I understand the matter, add any security.  others with more technical knowledge may disagree but I believe this is a feature programs include for the psychological comfort of the user and serves no useful purpose and, indeed, harms mail download speeds to no benefit.
 
Gene
----- Original Message -----
From: Norman
Sent: Tuesday, November 22, 2016 7:26 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] error when downloading e-mail

Hi.

I have to agree with the thought here, reinstalling is rarely the fix. However, you didn't give a possible solution to the problem reported by the origional poster.

As for a possible fix, the first thing i would loook at is antivirus. Do you have an antivirus program? If so, Is it scanning mail? If the answer to both questions is yes try to disable your antivirus for 10 minutes or so to see if the error goes away. Once it's disabled, restart outlook express.

If the error persists then carefully check your email settings against the recommended settings from the provider paying special attention to the ports and ssl settings.

If the error goes away disable the mail scanning feature of the antivirus program or if this makes you uncomfortable make sure ssl encryption is turned off on the mail client.


HTH.




On 11/22/2016 5:32 PM, Gene wrote:
It's remarkable how many people reinstall programs, thus wasting considerable time and effort and at times losing data, when that is the least likely solution.  I would advise those who aren't sure whether to reinstall programs to ask here before doing so.  Time after time, I see people state that they reinstalled a program and it didn't solve the problem. 
 
I'm not being critical.  I'm trying to save people time and trouble as well as possible new problems perhaps caused by losing previously existing data you want in the program, previous settings, or just the off chance that reinstalling a program might cause problems in the program that didn't exist before. 
 
Gene
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, November 22, 2016 3:49 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] error when downloading e-mail

Hi All,
 
I'm running windows 7 here and outlook express, I believe version 6.
 
For the past week or 2 every time I download e-mail an error dialogue pops up with the following error messages:
 
Under the tasks tab it says failed local area network, and under the errors tab it says Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection.  Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity.
 
I seem to still be getting all of my mail but I have to hit a hide button to get back to my downloaded messages.  I receive mail from 2 different accounts, my road runner account and my gmail account, but it appears that it's my gmail server that's causing the problem.
 
Out of the 3 possible causes listed in the message above I don't think the error is caused by inactivity because I don't have to wait that long for my e-mail to finish downloading.
 
I thought that outlook express might be corrupted so I reinstalled it using run as administrator and that didn't solve the problem, can anybody else give me some other things to try?  As I say I seem to be getting all of my mail, but this error is getting annoying.
 
Oh, and there's also times when I go to send a message and it doesn't get sent right away either.
 
Thanks.
 
Troy
 
 





Re: 2 different computer questions

 

Hello will reinstall it

I didn't see anything when I tab around

am using windows10

On 11/22/2016 6:54 PM, Carlos wrote:
If the problem is that it simply doesn't work, you should try reinstalling it. Here is a download link to insure you have the correct installer since the homepage is somewhat confusing.
https://iqu.ca/1/?C6025AF7616E
If the problem is that you don't know how to use it, you can try the following instructions.

1. Copy the URL from the address bar while a YouTube page is open. Note, the program supports several other sites in addition to YouTube. I don't remember the entire list of supported websites so feel free to experiment.
2. Paste it into the main window of the program with Control+V. The URL will be added to the list for processing.
3. Tab a few times and you will see several radio buttons. If you just want to download the video without converting it, make sure that the
"Only download"
radio button is checked. If you want to download and also convert the video to another format like MP3, make sure that the
"Convert to"
radio button is checked.
4. If you chose the
"Only download"
radio button, you can skip this step. If you chose to convert the file, tab once more after checking the
"Convert to"
radio button. You will wind up in a combo box that lists the available formats. Select the format to which you want the video to be converted. MP3 for example.
5. Tab a few more times and you will find a button that is not properly labeled, but which simply says
"..."
This is a browse button. You can use it to select the folder where files will be downloaded. By default, it will save files in the
"My Videos"
folder.
"My Videos"
is only the virtual name for this folder. The actual path to this folder is
C:\Users\UserName\Videos
In either case, you can use the button labeled
"..."
to change it. It will remember the folder you selected between sessions and continue to use that folder until you change it again.
6. Tab once more and you will find a button labeled either
"Download"
or
"Download and convert"
depending on whether you chose to just download or convert the file in the previous steps. Select this button and it will begin downloading and possibly converting the file.
----- Original Message ----- From: "The Wolf" <hank.smith966@...>
To: <main@TechTalk.groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, November 22, 2016 7:45 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] 2 different computer questions


I have never got freemake to work
On 11/22/2016 4:43 PM, Carlos wrote:
Do you mean that Freemake Video Downloader has worked in the past and has stopped working? Or do you mean that you have never been able to get it to work?
----- Original Message ----- From: "The Wolf" <hank.smith966@...>
To: <main@TechTalk.groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, November 22, 2016 6:20 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] 2 different computer questions


Hello I have a couple of questions that I am hoping some one could help me out with

I am a program insider for microsoft windows10 test builds I know that there is a windows 10 creative bild that is out but I can't figure out how to install it

nothing is appearing in the windows updates so I can get it can some one please tell me what to do?

the other questions is a software question

I am currently trying to get Freemake video downloader and I can't seem to get anything to read

one of the reasons why I am trying this program is because it allows one to download intire youtube channels and inture playlists with as far as I can tell freemake video downloader is the only app that I can do this that separates the tracks

ponts media downloader also does this but it puts all the playlist in 1 huge file and because of this I can't use the program so I am trying to find a alternative that can do what I am wanting to do]

also free make video downloadr also allows converting of videos to mp3

if any one can please help me out it would be apprecaitedd

thanks

Hank








Re: Program Manager.

Gene
 

I don't have any such problems using Avast.  That may be because I don't have Avast show in any way but in the system tray unless something is detected it needs to alert me to.
 
Also, NVDA identifies the desktop as program manager when you use the read title command.  JAWS doesn't. 
 
Gene

----- Original Message -----

From: Bob J
Sent: Tuesday, November 22, 2016 8:43 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Program Manager.

Here some observations that may or may not be of any value:

I am using Windows 7, 64-bit, home edition: With NVDA running and the
desktop has focus, I press the Insert-T keys and I hear "ProgramManager",
however, if I do that with JFW running, I hear "DeskTop".

You said "... Another problem is just pressing alt plus tab to move
to another opened screen on my computer, I get a message saying leaving
menus, and I don't have any menus opened ..."

I had that problem on another computer some time ago until I got rid of
Avast!.  I don't have Avast! on my win7 machine and I don't have that
problem.

Bob



--------------------------------------------------
From: "Janet Gross" <harvard-97@...>
Sent: Tuesday, November 22, 2016 6:46 PM
To: <main@TechTalk.groups.io>
Subject: [TechTalk] Program Manager.

> Hi Everyone,
> I am the person Mike was talking about when he mentioned about program
> manager.  I have several different problems with my windows 7, I think I
> will have to call the geek squad so they can remotely check my computer
> because I just don't understand half of what is going on.  I get the
> program
> manager that comes up, and locks my entire screen, and I have to use the
> force computer shut down option.  When the computer comes back on, it is
> fine just for another couple of days.  Program manager won't allow me to
> close any opened folders that I might have open at the time.  I also get a
> message saying desktop alert, and I have to press alt plus f4 to get rid
> of
> that.  I also get a pop up message when I'm online saying internet has
> blocked a popup even though, I might allow a popup on a certin site, I
> still
> can't read the page.  Another problem is just pressing alt plus tab to
> move
> to another opened screen on my computer, I get a message saying leaving
> menus, and I don't have any menus opened such as the application or file
> menu opened, and I've even pressed insert/tab and I hear the file and the
> application options.  This is extremely annoying!
> Happy Thanksgiving to all!
>
> Janet
>
>
> Tomorrow's Another Day, Another Way, and If Tomorrow Never Comes, Problem
> Solved!
>
>
>
>
>
>



Re: 2 different computer questions

Naima Leigh
 

Thanks anyway Carlos, I was afraid you were going to say that.

Now I just have to seed how I'm going to get it.

Naima

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Carlos
Sent: Tuesday, November 22, 2016 9:42 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] 2 different computer questions

Sigh. This is an overly aggressive virus scanner Naima. There is nothing I can do. You will have to figure out how to allow the download or make an exception in your antivirus software.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Naima Leigh" <nleigh2016@...>
To: <main@TechTalk.groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, November 22, 2016 9:40 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] 2 different computer questions


Carlos I couldn't download the free make program. It's telling me that it's not safe and I would have to get help from the support team.

What do I do?

Naima


-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Carlos
Sent: Tuesday, November 22, 2016 8:54 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] 2 different computer questions

If the problem is that it simply doesn't work, you should try reinstalling it. Here is a download link to insure you have the correct installer since the homepage is somewhat confusing.
https://iqu.ca/1/?C6025AF7616E
If the problem is that you don't know how to use it, you can try the following instructions.

1. Copy the URL from the address bar while a YouTube page is open. Note, the program supports several other sites in addition to YouTube. I don't remember the entire list of supported websites so feel free to experiment.
2. Paste it into the main window of the program with Control+V. The URL will be added to the list for processing.
3. Tab a few times and you will see several radio buttons. If you just want to download the video without converting it, make sure that the "Only download"
radio button is checked. If you want to download and also convert the video to another format like MP3, make sure that the "Convert to"
radio button is checked.
4. If you chose the
"Only download"
radio button, you can skip this step. If you chose to convert the file, tab once more after checking the "Convert to"
radio button. You will wind up in a combo box that lists the available formats. Select the format to which you want the video to be converted.
MP3 for example.
5. Tab a few more times and you will find a button that is not properly labeled, but which simply says "..."
This is a browse button. You can use it to select the folder where files will be downloaded. By default, it will save files in the "My Videos"
folder.
"My Videos"
is only the virtual name for this folder. The actual path to this folder is C:\Users\UserName\Videos In either case, you can use the button labeled "..."
to change it. It will remember the folder you selected between sessions and continue to use that folder until you change it again.
6. Tab once more and you will find a button labeled either "Download"
or
"Download and convert"
depending on whether you chose to just download or convert the file in the previous steps. Select this button and it will begin downloading and possibly converting the file.
----- Original Message -----
From: "The Wolf" <hank.smith966@...>
To: <main@TechTalk.groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, November 22, 2016 7:45 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] 2 different computer questions


I have never got freemake to work
On 11/22/2016 4:43 PM, Carlos wrote:
Do you mean that Freemake Video Downloader has worked in the past and
has stopped working? Or do you mean that you have never been able to
get it to work?
----- Original Message ----- From: "The Wolf"
<hank.smith966@...>
To: <main@TechTalk.groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, November 22, 2016 6:20 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] 2 different computer questions


Hello I have a couple of questions that I am hoping some one could
help me out with

I am a program insider for microsoft windows10 test builds I know
that there is a windows 10 creative bild that is out but I can't
figure out how to install it

nothing is appearing in the windows updates so I can get it can some
one please tell me what to do?

the other questions is a software question

I am currently trying to get Freemake video downloader and I can't
seem to get anything to read

one of the reasons why I am trying this program is because it allows
one to download intire youtube channels and inture playlists with as
far as I can tell freemake video downloader is the only app that I
can do this that separates the tracks

ponts media downloader also does this but it puts all the playlist
in 1 huge file and because of this I can't use the program so I am
trying to find a alternative that can do what I am wanting to do]

also free make video downloadr also allows converting of videos to
mp3

if any one can please help me out it would be apprecaitedd

thanks

Hank