Date   

locked Re: New Smart Flip Phone?

Carolyn Arnold
 

Try:

1. Launch Settings.
2. Open General.
3. Go to Keyboard.
4. Flick through.

When you have what you want about Auto-Correct, leave Keyboard, General, and Settings; I closed mine.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Leedy Diane Bomar
Sent: Saturday, February 22, 2020 2:19 PM
To: main@techtalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] New Smart Flip Phone?



Diane Bomar
On Feb 22, 2020, at 08:23, Ron Canazzi <aa2vm@...> wrote:
AHi Diane,

Where do you go for the setting for 'predictive text?'


On 2/22/2020 1:26 AM, Leedy Diane Bomar wrote:
Do you have predictive text turned on? I know that works the way you described.


Diane Bomar
On Feb 21, 2020, at 16:31, Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...> wrote:
Ron, it seems like on my SE, that VoiceOver would say a word, and I could check above my text for choices, but I am not noticing that on my 11. It could be that I haven't typed enough for that yet. I usually dictate texts, but I do type emails. I don't know why I do that, but that has been my habbit.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Ron Canazzi
Sent: Friday, February 21, 2020 12:02 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] New Smart Flip Phone?

Hi Chris,

I was initially scared of the touch screen keyboard. But I kept trying and trying and I've gotten pretty good at it as well. I am not very fast with it, but I m very accurate. I learned the method of editing by using the rotor to move around in a text field by word and character and then to edit mistakes.

I would say it takes me about a half an hour to write a 250 word message.

I am wondering if you have been able to develop any real speed. Sighted people have the advantage of the suggestions list--where in if you are typing along, the words are anticipated and they appear and can be selected by tapping on them before the need to type the whole word. I have not mastered that feature. Is there any way a blind person can take advantage of the suggestions list.



On 2/21/2020 5:21 AM, chris judge wrote:


I find the on-screen keyboard fine now. What made it so was practice, practice, practice.



From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io> <main@TechTalk.groups.io> <mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Victor
Sent: February 20, 2020 8:38 PM
To: main@techtalk.groups.io <mailto:main@techtalk.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] New Smart Flip Phone?



Hi again:



I wish there were some good tutorials for learning the on screen keyboard so that more of us could type on that keyboard as easily as sighted people do. I know of an app called talking Taiper, but it has not been updated in over a year. It might not be a very good tutorial anymore and it might not be compatible with iOS 13. But if you know braille, braille screen input is a very good way to use your on screen keyboard. Especially if you have one of the larger iPhones such as the iPhone 7 Plus or later.



Victor




On Feb 20, 2020, at 4:24 PM, Jim Wohlgamuth <wohlggie@... <mailto:wohlggie@...> > wrote:



Hi There Again!

When I received my first Iphone I purchased a blue tooth keyboard expecting to have issues with the onscreen keyboard. After about a month to month and a half I found myself using the external keyboard less and less. I do wish there was a blue tooth keyboard with a numberpad so when I wish to enter a string of numbers I could do it much easier. Good Luck and Have A Good 1! de

<wohlggie@...> <mailto:wohlggie@...> <KF8LT><Jim Wohlgamuth>.

On 20-Feb-20 18:19, Victor wrote:

The one thing I have not mastered on touchscreens is using the on-screen keyboard well. However, I work around that by using braille screen input and dictation. But again, those who have dexterity issues and finger sensitivity issues may have trouble using a touchscreen.


Victor



On Feb 20, 2020, at 1:57 PM, Victor via Groups.Io <victorelawrence=gmail.com@groups.io> <mailto:victorelawrence=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:



Hello again:



For those who have lost their eyesight later in life, I can totally understand why they might have trouble using touch screens. They may have a deck stair ready issues and finger sensitivity issues that those of us who have been blind since birth or since we were very young do not have. Therefore, I can certainly see the exceptions to what we are talking about. In these cases, maybe a flip phone would be best.



Victor




On Feb 20, 2020, at 12:37 PM, Jim Wohlgamuth via Groups.Io <wohlggie=gmail.com@groups.io> <mailto:wohlggie=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:



Hello Jerald!

Wonder what you base you conclusions on? I personally know quite a number of totally blind iPhone users and I personally have owned 6 or 7 touch screen phones and know of a fairly large number of other totally blind Androind users. So wonder if you actually took any sort of poll -scientific or other wise to come up with your conclusions..? Yes, I had a small amount of sighted help in getting my first iphone setup and a bit more in getting my Android setup but using a touch screen device is far from being difficult for the folks that I know as well as don't know.

To answer your question as to how a totally blind or partially sighted person uses the touch screens, we use our fingers to navigate around the screen and locate the various items that we wish to activate and then double tap them to activate them. Yes, my first touch screen was a bit of a challenge but now I would rather have a touch screen phone than a physical key board. I do use blue tooth keyboards with my various touch screen devices but that is more out of convenience rather than necessity. Of course I have always been a very inquisitive indevisual. Just my thoughts! Catch Ya later! de

<wohlggie@...> <mailto:wohlggie@...> <KF8LT><Jim Wohlgamuth>.

On 20-Feb-20 10:01, Gerald Levy via Groups.Io wrote:


I suspect that many "blind" consumers who use smart phones that are completely devoid of tactile buttons are not really "blind" at all, but visually impaired and retain some funtional vision to navigate around a touchscreen. Those who are totally blind and purport to use a touchscreen smart phone probably had a lot of sighted help. Which is why smart phones with tactile keypads like the BlindShell and Smart Vision have been introduced. So I'm looking forward to hearing about the experiences of a totally blind consumer using the new Samsung smart flip phone.



Gerald



On 2/20/2020 9:41 AM, Gene wrote:

Your statement about buttons is inaccurate based on discussions I've seen on this topic before. Most smart phones already had very few buttons, and, as for the elimination of the home button on the I-Phone, while I can't speak from personal experience, I've seen enough comments on lists like this that the button's elimination doesn't mean blind people can't use the phone. Evidently, the screen simulates the presence of a button by vibrating. I'm not saying I definitely understand the situation and I await other comments but how many people have you seen say they stopped using an I-Phone because of elimination of the home button?


You often state the worst case interpretation of situations.


Gene

----- Origial Message -----

From: Gerald Levy via Groups.Io <mailto:bwaylimited=verizon.net@groups.io>

Sent: Thursday, February 20, 2020 5:22 AM

To: main@TechTalk.groups.io <mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io>

Subject: Re: [TechTalk] New Smart Flip Phone?



According to Consumer Reports, this Samsung smart flip phone employs a new touchscreen technology that allows it to be thin and flexible enough to be folded in half like a wallet. But in tests, it proved to be very fragile, and CR did not recommend it, especially in view of its very high price tag. And it would probably not be a good choice for a blind consumer because even unfolded the touchscreen is relatively small and has no tactile buttons. This seems to be a growing trend in smart phones: eliminating all physical buttons, making it virtually impossible for a blind consumer to use the phone without some sighted help or a lot of hands-on training.


Gerald



On 2/19/2020 9:20 PM, Mike B wrote:



Hi Lisa,


I heard about a phone like you're describing just the other day and I think they said that Samsung was the company producing it. From the way the guy was describing the way it works, it sounds like it'll be a really cool phone, but for $1300 it damn well otta be! LOL LOL Check out the link below for a review.


https://gizmodo.com/24-hours-with-the-samsung-galaxy-z-flip-has-me-convince-1841791884



Take care. Mike. Sent from my iBarstool.

----- Original Message -----

From: Lisa Belville <mailto:missktlab1217@...>

To: Tech Talk <mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io>

Sent: Wednesday, February 19, 2020 5:02 PM

Subject: [TechTalk] New Smart Flip Phone?


Hi, all.
My semi-techno-phobic dad is going to trade in his old flip phone soon.
He said he saw something on TV advertising a smart flip phone, he means
a phone with the same body style as a feature flip phone but with the
capability of a modern iPhone or Android Smart phone. I haven't heard
anything about this. Does anyone here have any info about this type of
phone? Brand, Wireless carrier, etc?
TIA
Lisa
--
Lisa Belville
missktlab1217@... <mailto:missktlab1217@...>

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"
I Say: "I'm as happy as a stow away chimpanzee on a banana boat!"



Hello Ron, I don't use it anymore, but it is under settings/accessibility somewhere. They keep changing what is where in every new version of iOS.


Re: What is a good flip phone to buy?

Carolyn Arnold
 

That is good to know. I wanted way more out of a phone than
a Gusto could give. It was accessible, but as much as I use
one, I needed more battery - got it with iPhone.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io
[mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Onwardbob
Sent: Saturday, February 22, 2020 2:45 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] What is a good flip phone to buy?

Hi, I was using the Gusto and find the Dura much more
accessible and dependable.

BOB SOUTAR.ONWARD THRU THE FOG


-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io
[mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Lynette
Sent: Saturday, February 22, 2020 11:17 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] What is a good flip phone to buy?

I am not Bob but did check and on Verizon, the retail is
$264 or $11 for 24 months. So it is indeed expensive for a
feature phone, but I want to do some

more checking on usability.


-----Original Message-----
From: Monte Single
Sent: Saturday, February 22, 2020 10:24 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] What is a good flip phone to buy?

Hi Bob,
Do you know how much your phone cost without a contract, or
with?
Thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io
[mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Onwardbob
Sent: February-22-20 11:11 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] What is a good flip phone to buy?

I have the Kyocera Dura and like it. It isn't cheap but it
is very accessible and full featured.

BOB SOUTAR.ONWARD THRU THE FOG


-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io
[mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Terry Olandese
Sent: Saturday, February 22, 2020 5:45 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] What is a good flip phone to buy?

I'm going to have to replace my flip phone at the end of the
year because of
3 g going away. Could someone recommend a inexpensive phone
that I can buy?
Would appreciate the help. All the information that you can
give to me about the phone would be appreciated.


Re: What is a good flip phone to buy?

Carolyn Arnold
 

It's probably pretty good, if it is that much.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io
[mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Lynette
Sent: Saturday, February 22, 2020 2:17 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] What is a good flip phone to buy?

I am not Bob but did check and on Verizon, the retail is
$264 or $11 for 24 months. So it is indeed expensive for a
feature phone, but I want to do some more checking on
usability.


-----Original Message-----
From: Monte Single
Sent: Saturday, February 22, 2020 10:24 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] What is a good flip phone to buy?

Hi Bob,
Do you know how much your phone cost without a contract, or
with?
Thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io
[mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Onwardbob
Sent: February-22-20 11:11 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] What is a good flip phone to buy?

I have the Kyocera Dura and like it. It isn't cheap but it
is very accessible and full featured.

BOB SOUTAR.ONWARD THRU THE FOG


-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io
[mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Terry Olandese
Sent: Saturday, February 22, 2020 5:45 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] What is a good flip phone to buy?

I'm going to have to replace my flip phone at the end of the
year because of
3 g going away. Could someone recommend a inexpensive phone
that I can buy?
Would appreciate the help. All the information that you can
give to me about the phone would be appreciated.


Re: What is a good flip phone to buy?

Gene
 

You should hear every caraqcter you enter when you type a key.  You can't read a line by left and right arrowing anywhere and that was true of my first feature phone and the current one.  But hearing every character spoken you input it eliminates the problem of not knowing if you made an error. 
 
Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, February 22, 2020 2:01 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] What is a good flip phone to buy?

I can use contacts on my Alcatel 4044.  The only problem is, when you put contacts in, you can’t left and right arrow and have it speak through the name or the number to make sure that you did it correctly, or, if you did make a mistake, to find out where you are in order to correct the mistake.  It will just read the whole line by arrowing up and down.  Pam. 
 
From: Gene
Sent: Saturday, February 22, 2020 11:01 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] What is a good flip phone to buy?
 
I read a very little about it.  I think it is similar to the Alcotel Go Flip 3. 
I don't know what differences there may be.  I would suggest going over the phone with a sighted person, because, though I can tell you about the Go Flip3, if a procedure doesn't apply, you may not be able to do it without help in seeing how it is done. 
 
Speech is turned on on the Go Flip3 by opening settings, opening accessibility and turning on Readout.  You may well benefit from listening to my presentation to be given on the Go Flip 3 if the phone requires the same or similar work arounds for incomplete accessibility.  It might appear, for example, that contacts can't be used on the Go Flip3, but with the right workarounds, they can.
 
Gene
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, February 22, 2020 9:06 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] What is a good flip phone to buy?
 
My brother just bought me an Alcatel Go 5.  He has Verizon.  I
know nothing about the Alcatel Go 5 yet.  Can anyone enlighten
me? I will get it on Easter Sunday.

Jan



locked Re: New Smart Flip Phone?

 

ole voice?

what tts ingin has that voice?

On 2/22/2020 12:43 PM, Monte Single wrote:
Hi Gerald,
Probably my mistake, sometimes my ole voice synth which I am using with nvda says five instead of v; this is because the voice synth is interpreting the letter v as roman numeral five.
I know I neeed a more accurate synth, but I do like the voice.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gerald Levy via Groups.Io
Sent: February-22-20 1:16 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] New Smart Flip Phone?


Okay, a little clarification. There is no such model as the Alcatel Flip Go 5. There is a model called the Alcatel Flip Go V, and perhaps somebody assumed that the "V" was actually the Roman numeral for 5. But nowhere is this phone referred to as the Alcatel Flip Go 5. I suspect that the "V" actually stands for Verizon, because this phone is apparently designed for Verizon Wireless and also works with US Cellular. It apparently does not work with T Mobile, which uses a different technology than T Mobile. The only Alcatel phone listed for T Mobile is the Flip Go 3. Judging from the product description, it sounds that the Flip Go V is essentially similar in features to the Go Flip 3, although there is no mention of the voice guidance feature. Both models sell for about $100.


Gerald



On 2/22/2020 1:50 PM, Monte Single wrote:
Yes, this is the first I have hear of the alcatel go 5. But that's
what consumer technology is all about; the latest and the greatest.
The fact that you have a device that works fine for you is irrelevant.
The only way to generate new sales is with new products. Sometimes
it's the same old thing with a new label or costume.
Buy, buy, buy.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On
Behalf Of Pamela Dominguez
Sent: February-22-20 9:43 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] New Smart Flip Phone?

I have never heard of a go 5 before this one. I always heard of the
go 3, and I thought that was the newest one. Pam.

-----Original Message-----
From: Monte Single
Sent: Friday, February 21, 2020 11:02 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] New Smart Flip Phone?

What is the difference between the alcatel go 3 and go 5.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On
Behalf Of jan howells via Groups.Io
Sent: February-21-20 6:32 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] New Smart Flip Phone?

Yesterday, my brother bought me an Alcatel Go 5 cell phone nn his
plan. I will get it at Easter time.

Jan

















Re: What is a good flip phone to buy?

Pamela Dominguez
 

I can use contacts on my Alcatel 4044.  The only problem is, when you put contacts in, you can’t left and right arrow and have it speak through the name or the number to make sure that you did it correctly, or, if you did make a mistake, to find out where you are in order to correct the mistake.  It will just read the whole line by arrowing up and down.  Pam. 
 

From: Gene
Sent: Saturday, February 22, 2020 11:01 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] What is a good flip phone to buy?
 
I read a very little about it.  I think it is similar to the Alcotel Go Flip 3. 
I don't know what differences there may be.  I would suggest going over the phone with a sighted person, because, though I can tell you about the Go Flip3, if a procedure doesn't apply, you may not be able to do it without help in seeing how it is done. 
 
Speech is turned on on the Go Flip3 by opening settings, opening accessibility and turning on Readout.  You may well benefit from listening to my presentation to be given on the Go Flip 3 if the phone requires the same or similar work arounds for incomplete accessibility.  It might appear, for example, that contacts can't be used on the Go Flip3, but with the right workarounds, they can.
 
Gene
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, February 22, 2020 9:06 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] What is a good flip phone to buy?
 
My brother just bought me an Alcatel Go 5.  He has Verizon.  I
know nothing about the Alcatel Go 5 yet.  Can anyone enlighten
me? I will get it on Easter Sunday.

Jan



Re: What is a good flip phone to buy?

Onwardbob
 

Hi, I was using the Gusto and find the Dura much more accessible and
dependable.

BOB SOUTAR.ONWARD THRU THE FOG

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Lynette
Sent: Saturday, February 22, 2020 11:17 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] What is a good flip phone to buy?

I am not Bob but did check and on Verizon, the retail is $264 or $11 for 24
months. So it is indeed expensive for a feature phone, but I want to do some

more checking on usability.


-----Original Message-----
From: Monte Single
Sent: Saturday, February 22, 2020 10:24 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] What is a good flip phone to buy?

Hi Bob,
Do you know how much your phone cost without a contract, or with?
Thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Onwardbob
Sent: February-22-20 11:11 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] What is a good flip phone to buy?

I have the Kyocera Dura and like it. It isn't cheap but it is very
accessible and full featured.

BOB SOUTAR.ONWARD THRU THE FOG


-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Terry Olandese
Sent: Saturday, February 22, 2020 5:45 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] What is a good flip phone to buy?

I'm going to have to replace my flip phone at the end of the year because of
3 g going away. Could someone recommend a inexpensive phone that I can buy?
Would appreciate the help. All the information that you can give to me about
the phone would be appreciated.


locked Re: New Smart Flip Phone?

Monte Single
 

Hi Gerald,
Probably my mistake, sometimes my ole voice synth which I am using with nvda says five instead of v; this is because the voice synth is interpreting the letter v as roman numeral five.
I know I neeed a more accurate synth, but I do like the voice.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gerald Levy via Groups.Io
Sent: February-22-20 1:16 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] New Smart Flip Phone?


Okay, a little clarification. There is no such model as the Alcatel Flip Go 5. There is a model called the Alcatel Flip Go V, and perhaps somebody assumed that the "V" was actually the Roman numeral for 5. But nowhere is this phone referred to as the Alcatel Flip Go 5. I suspect that the "V" actually stands for Verizon, because this phone is apparently designed for Verizon Wireless and also works with US Cellular. It apparently does not work with T Mobile, which uses a different technology than T Mobile. The only Alcatel phone listed for T Mobile is the Flip Go 3. Judging from the product description, it sounds that the Flip Go V is essentially similar in features to the Go Flip 3, although there is no mention of the voice guidance feature. Both models sell for about $100.


Gerald



On 2/22/2020 1:50 PM, Monte Single wrote:
Yes, this is the first I have hear of the alcatel go 5. But that's
what consumer technology is all about; the latest and the greatest.
The fact that you have a device that works fine for you is irrelevant.
The only way to generate new sales is with new products. Sometimes
it's the same old thing with a new label or costume.
Buy, buy, buy.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On
Behalf Of Pamela Dominguez
Sent: February-22-20 9:43 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] New Smart Flip Phone?

I have never heard of a go 5 before this one. I always heard of the
go 3, and I thought that was the newest one. Pam.

-----Original Message-----
From: Monte Single
Sent: Friday, February 21, 2020 11:02 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] New Smart Flip Phone?

What is the difference between the alcatel go 3 and go 5.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On
Behalf Of jan howells via Groups.Io
Sent: February-21-20 6:32 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] New Smart Flip Phone?

Yesterday, my brother bought me an Alcatel Go 5 cell phone nn his
plan. I will get it at Easter time.

Jan













Re: What is a good flip phone to buy?

Onwardbob
 

Seems like it was about $230. at Verizon and no contract.

BOB SOUTAR.ONWARD THRU THE FOG

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Monte Single
Sent: Saturday, February 22, 2020 10:25 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] What is a good flip phone to buy?

Hi Bob,
Do you know how much your phone cost without a contract, or with?
Thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Onwardbob
Sent: February-22-20 11:11 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] What is a good flip phone to buy?

I have the Kyocera Dura and like it. It isn't cheap but it is very
accessible and full featured.

BOB SOUTAR.ONWARD THRU THE FOG


-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Terry Olandese
Sent: Saturday, February 22, 2020 5:45 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] What is a good flip phone to buy?

I'm going to have to replace my flip phone at the end of the year because of
3 g going away. Could someone recommend a inexpensive phone that I can buy?
Would appreciate the help. All the information that you can give to me about
the phone would be appreciated.


Re: What is a good flip phone to buy?

Onwardbob
 

The dura doesn't have a headphone jack but does do Bluetooth. Messaging is OK.

BOB SOUTAR…ONWARD THRU THE FOG

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Lynette
Sent: Saturday, February 22, 2020 10:11 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] What is a good flip phone to buy?

Does this have a 3.5 headphone jack and how difficult is it to send and
create text messages? I assume the voice control is good?

Thanks


On 2/22/2020 9:10 AM, Onwardbob wrote:
I have the Kyocera Dura and like it. It isn't cheap but it is very
accessible and full featured.

BOB SOUTAR.ONWARD THRU THE FOG


-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Terry Olandese
Sent: Saturday, February 22, 2020 5:45 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] What is a good flip phone to buy?

I'm going to have to replace my flip phone at the end of the year because of
3 g going away. Could someone recommend a inexpensive phone that I can buy?
Would appreciate the help. All the information that you can give to me about
the phone would be appreciated.






Re: What is a good flip phone to buy?

Monte Single
 

Thanks for the info, I'll just mosey along with my second hand I phone 7
which cost about 40 per cent less than that.
I still like the idea of a good feature phone with tactile keys.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Lynette
Sent: February-22-20 1:17 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] What is a good flip phone to buy?

I am not Bob but did check and on Verizon, the retail is $264 or $11 for 24
months. So it is indeed expensive for a feature phone, but I want to do some
more checking on usability.


-----Original Message-----
From: Monte Single
Sent: Saturday, February 22, 2020 10:24 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] What is a good flip phone to buy?

Hi Bob,
Do you know how much your phone cost without a contract, or with?
Thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Onwardbob
Sent: February-22-20 11:11 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] What is a good flip phone to buy?

I have the Kyocera Dura and like it. It isn't cheap but it is very
accessible and full featured.

BOB SOUTAR.ONWARD THRU THE FOG


-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Terry Olandese
Sent: Saturday, February 22, 2020 5:45 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] What is a good flip phone to buy?

I'm going to have to replace my flip phone at the end of the year because of
3 g going away. Could someone recommend a inexpensive phone that I can buy?
Would appreciate the help. All the information that you can give to me about
the phone would be appreciated.


Re: Charter account on WLM

Lynette
 

Changing the outgoing server to smtp and checking the authentication option did the trick. Thanks for the assistance.
 
 

From: Mike B
Sent: Saturday, February 22, 2020 10:09 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Charter account on WLM
 
Hi Lynette,
 
Okay so far these settings look good but, 1 other setting to look at.  On the Server tab tab past, checked Remember password check box, not checked Log on using Secure Password Authentication check box, checked My server requires authentication check box and on the Settings...button press the spacebar.  There are 2 options here and you want the one below.
checked Use same settings as my incoming mail server radio button, 1 of 2
 
This is the setting I use on my IMAP account, but if this doesn't work try #2, but you'll have to enter account / password info in the appropriate fields.


Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.
----- Original Message -----
From: Lynette
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Sent: Saturday, February 22, 2020 8:36 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Charter account on WLM
 

Mike,

I am currently trying imap and both the incoming and outgoing ports are

mobile.charter.net

Incoming port 993 and outgoing 587

I am going to try changing the outgoing to smtp.charter.net

 

Also, if you have the server setting for pop 3, could you post that. I know they say they don't support pop any longer but I suspect it will still work

Thanks

Lynn

 

On 2/21/2020 9:55 PM, Mike B wrote:

I'm with Charter / Spectrum and it sound like your server settings need to be updated.  What do you have for, incoming & outgoing, settings on yourAccounts / properties / server tab, and are you using POP3 or IMAP??

Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.
----- Original Message -----
From: Lynette
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Sent: Friday, February 21, 2020 7:28 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] Charter account on WLM
 
Is anyone using a Charter.net email account with WLM?I can receive
messages but they won't send?

Lynn





locked Re: New Smart Flip Phone?

Leedy Diane Bomar
 

Diane Bomar
On Feb 22, 2020, at 08:23, Ron Canazzi <aa2vm@...> wrote:
AHi Diane,

Where do you go for the setting for 'predictive text?'


On 2/22/2020 1:26 AM, Leedy Diane Bomar wrote:
Do you have predictive text turned on? I know that works the way you described.


Diane Bomar
On Feb 21, 2020, at 16:31, Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...> wrote:
Ron, it seems like on my SE, that VoiceOver would say a word, and I could check above my text for choices, but I am not noticing that on my 11. It could be that I haven't typed enough for that yet. I usually dictate texts, but I do type emails. I don't know why I do that, but that has been my habbit.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Ron Canazzi
Sent: Friday, February 21, 2020 12:02 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] New Smart Flip Phone?

Hi Chris,

I was initially scared of the touch screen keyboard. But I kept trying and trying and I've gotten pretty good at it as well. I am not very fast with it, but I m very accurate. I learned the method of editing by using the rotor to move around in a text field by word and character and then to edit mistakes.

I would say it takes me about a half an hour to write a 250 word message.

I am wondering if you have been able to develop any real speed. Sighted people have the advantage of the suggestions list--where in if you are typing along, the words are anticipated and they appear and can be selected by tapping on them before the need to type the whole word. I have not mastered that feature. Is there any way a blind person can take advantage of the suggestions list.



On 2/21/2020 5:21 AM, chris judge wrote:


I find the on-screen keyboard fine now. What made it so was practice, practice, practice.



From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io> <main@TechTalk.groups.io> <mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Victor
Sent: February 20, 2020 8:38 PM
To: main@techtalk.groups.io <mailto:main@techtalk.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] New Smart Flip Phone?



Hi again:



I wish there were some good tutorials for learning the on screen keyboard so that more of us could type on that keyboard as easily as sighted people do. I know of an app called talking Taiper, but it has not been updated in over a year. It might not be a very good tutorial anymore and it might not be compatible with iOS 13. But if you know braille, braille screen input is a very good way to use your on screen keyboard. Especially if you have one of the larger iPhones such as the iPhone 7 Plus or later.



Victor




On Feb 20, 2020, at 4:24 PM, Jim Wohlgamuth <wohlggie@... <mailto:wohlggie@...> > wrote:



Hi There Again!

When I received my first Iphone I purchased a blue tooth keyboard expecting to have issues with the onscreen keyboard. After about a month to month and a half I found myself using the external keyboard less and less. I do wish there was a blue tooth keyboard with a numberpad so when I wish to enter a string of numbers I could do it much easier. Good Luck and Have A Good 1! de

<wohlggie@...> <mailto:wohlggie@...> <KF8LT><Jim Wohlgamuth>.

On 20-Feb-20 18:19, Victor wrote:

The one thing I have not mastered on touchscreens is using the on-screen keyboard well. However, I work around that by using braille screen input and dictation. But again, those who have dexterity issues and finger sensitivity issues may have trouble using a touchscreen.


Victor



On Feb 20, 2020, at 1:57 PM, Victor via Groups.Io <victorelawrence=gmail.com@groups.io> <mailto:victorelawrence=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:



Hello again:



For those who have lost their eyesight later in life, I can totally understand why they might have trouble using touch screens. They may have a deck stair ready issues and finger sensitivity issues that those of us who have been blind since birth or since we were very young do not have. Therefore, I can certainly see the exceptions to what we are talking about. In these cases, maybe a flip phone would be best.



Victor




On Feb 20, 2020, at 12:37 PM, Jim Wohlgamuth via Groups.Io <wohlggie=gmail.com@groups.io> <mailto:wohlggie=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:



Hello Jerald!

Wonder what you base you conclusions on? I personally know quite a number of totally blind iPhone users and I personally have owned 6 or 7 touch screen phones and know of a fairly large number of other totally blind Androind users. So wonder if you actually took any sort of poll -scientific or other wise to come up with your conclusions..? Yes, I had a small amount of sighted help in getting my first iphone setup and a bit more in getting my Android setup but using a touch screen device is far from being difficult for the folks that I know as well as don't know.

To answer your question as to how a totally blind or partially sighted person uses the touch screens, we use our fingers to navigate around the screen and locate the various items that we wish to activate and then double tap them to activate them. Yes, my first touch screen was a bit of a challenge but now I would rather have a touch screen phone than a physical key board. I do use blue tooth keyboards with my various touch screen devices but that is more out of convenience rather than necessity. Of course I have always been a very inquisitive indevisual. Just my thoughts! Catch Ya later! de

<wohlggie@...> <mailto:wohlggie@...> <KF8LT><Jim Wohlgamuth>.

On 20-Feb-20 10:01, Gerald Levy via Groups.Io wrote:


I suspect that many "blind" consumers who use smart phones that are completely devoid of tactile buttons are not really "blind" at all, but visually impaired and retain some funtional vision to navigate around a touchscreen. Those who are totally blind and purport to use a touchscreen smart phone probably had a lot of sighted help. Which is why smart phones with tactile keypads like the BlindShell and Smart Vision have been introduced. So I'm looking forward to hearing about the experiences of a totally blind consumer using the new Samsung smart flip phone.



Gerald



On 2/20/2020 9:41 AM, Gene wrote:

Your statement about buttons is inaccurate based on discussions I've seen on this topic before. Most smart phones already had very few buttons, and, as for the elimination of the home button on the I-Phone, while I can't speak from personal experience, I've seen enough comments on lists like this that the button's elimination doesn't mean blind people can't use the phone. Evidently, the screen simulates the presence of a button by vibrating. I'm not saying I definitely understand the situation and I await other comments but how many people have you seen say they stopped using an I-Phone because of elimination of the home button?


You often state the worst case interpretation of situations.


Gene

----- Origial Message -----

From: Gerald Levy via Groups.Io <mailto:bwaylimited=verizon.net@groups.io>

Sent: Thursday, February 20, 2020 5:22 AM

To: main@TechTalk.groups.io <mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io>

Subject: Re: [TechTalk] New Smart Flip Phone?



According to Consumer Reports, this Samsung smart flip phone employs a new touchscreen technology that allows it to be thin and flexible enough to be folded in half like a wallet. But in tests, it proved to be very fragile, and CR did not recommend it, especially in view of its very high price tag. And it would probably not be a good choice for a blind consumer because even unfolded the touchscreen is relatively small and has no tactile buttons. This seems to be a growing trend in smart phones: eliminating all physical buttons, making it virtually impossible for a blind consumer to use the phone without some sighted help or a lot of hands-on training.


Gerald



On 2/19/2020 9:20 PM, Mike B wrote:



Hi Lisa,


I heard about a phone like you're describing just the other day and I think they said that Samsung was the company producing it. From the way the guy was describing the way it works, it sounds like it'll be a really cool phone, but for $1300 it damn well otta be! LOL LOL Check out the link below for a review.


https://gizmodo.com/24-hours-with-the-samsung-galaxy-z-flip-has-me-convince-1841791884



Take care. Mike. Sent from my iBarstool.

----- Original Message -----

From: Lisa Belville <mailto:missktlab1217@...>

To: Tech Talk <mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io>

Sent: Wednesday, February 19, 2020 5:02 PM

Subject: [TechTalk] New Smart Flip Phone?


Hi, all.
My semi-techno-phobic dad is going to trade in his old flip phone soon.
He said he saw something on TV advertising a smart flip phone, he means
a phone with the same body style as a feature flip phone but with the
capability of a modern iPhone or Android Smart phone. I haven't heard
anything about this. Does anyone here have any info about this type of
phone? Brand, Wireless carrier, etc?
TIA
Lisa
--
Lisa Belville
missktlab1217@... <mailto:missktlab1217@...>

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"
I Say: "I'm as happy as a stow away chimpanzee on a banana boat!"



Hello Ron, I don't use it anymore, but it is under settings/accessibility somewhere. They keep changing what is where in every new version of iOS.


Re: What is a good flip phone to buy?

Lynette
 

I am not Bob but did check and on Verizon, the retail is $264 or $11 for 24 months. So it is indeed expensive for a feature phone, but I want to do some more checking on usability.

-----Original Message-----
From: Monte Single
Sent: Saturday, February 22, 2020 10:24 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] What is a good flip phone to buy?

Hi Bob,
Do you know how much your phone cost without a contract, or with?
Thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Onwardbob
Sent: February-22-20 11:11 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] What is a good flip phone to buy?

I have the Kyocera Dura and like it. It isn't cheap but it is very
accessible and full featured.

BOB SOUTAR.ONWARD THRU THE FOG


-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Terry Olandese
Sent: Saturday, February 22, 2020 5:45 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] What is a good flip phone to buy?

I'm going to have to replace my flip phone at the end of the year because of
3 g going away. Could someone recommend a inexpensive phone that I can buy?
Would appreciate the help. All the information that you can give to me about
the phone would be appreciated.


locked Re: New Smart Flip Phone?

Gerald Levy
 

Okay, a little clarification.  There is no such model as the Alcatel Flip Go 5.  There is a model called the Alcatel Flip Go V, and perhaps somebody assumed that the "V" was actually the Roman numeral for 5.  But nowhere is this phone referred to as the Alcatel Flip Go 5.  I suspect that the "V" actually stands for Verizon, because this phone is apparently designed for Verizon Wireless and also works with US Cellular.  It apparently does not work with T Mobile, which uses a different technology than T Mobile.  The only Alcatel phone listed for T Mobile is the Flip Go 3.  Judging from the product description, it sounds that the Flip Go V is essentially similar in features to the Go Flip 3, although there is no mention of the voice guidance feature. Both models sell for about $100.


Gerald

On 2/22/2020 1:50 PM, Monte Single wrote:
Yes, this is the first I have hear of the alcatel go 5. But that's what
consumer technology is all about; the latest and the greatest. The fact
that you have a device that works fine for you is irrelevant.
The only way to generate new sales is with new products. Sometimes it's the
same old thing with a new label or costume.
Buy, buy, buy.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Pamela Dominguez
Sent: February-22-20 9:43 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] New Smart Flip Phone?

I have never heard of a go 5 before this one. I always heard of the go 3,
and I thought that was the newest one. Pam.

-----Original Message-----
From: Monte Single
Sent: Friday, February 21, 2020 11:02 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] New Smart Flip Phone?

What is the difference between the alcatel go 3 and go 5.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of
jan howells via Groups.Io
Sent: February-21-20 6:32 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] New Smart Flip Phone?

Yesterday, my brother bought me an Alcatel Go 5 cell phone nn his plan. I
will get it at Easter time.

Jan












Re: accessing system volume information on Windows 7

Vicki W
 


Thanks. That didn't work either. Very strange!
 
Vicki
 

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, February 20, 2020 10:04 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] accessing system volume information on Windows 7

Hello Vicki,


Were you able to get access to the system volume information folder under windows 7?

I ran windows 7 for many years and did lots of things under the hood, as it were, but I never had occasion to run the CACLS tool.

One thing you said confuses me.  You said you got an access denied message even though you were doing this as administrator.

By that, did you mean that you followed the instructions as they are listed in your email while being logged into an administrator account? if so, try the following.

It has been a long time since I had any dealings with XP, but in windows 7 there are two levels of the command prompt (cmd) regular and elevated.exe) If you haven't already done so, try the CACLS command from the elevated command prompt. Here's how.

1.  Click start.

2.  Type cmd in the search box.

3.  Right click the first result.

4.  Choose the run as administrator option.

5.  Run the CACLS tool per your XP instructions.


Hth,

George


On 2/19/2020 12:44 PM, Vicki W wrote:

Okay, since no one seems to understand that I want exactly what I asked for, access to system volume information, let me try again and show you the instructions I have which have always worked before.
 
I need access to the system volume information folder. First I show protected files and folders which works fine. Then I use the following instructions and get an access is denied message, even though I am doing it as an administrator. Here are the directions, which, as I said, have always worked before.
 
Instructions:
 
Using CACLS with Windows XP Home Edition Using the NTFS File System
In Windows XP Home Edition with the NTFS file system, you can also use the
Cacls tool, which is a command-line tool, to display or modify file or
folder
access control lists (ACLs). For more information about the Cacls tool,
including usage and switches, search the Help and Support Center for
"cacls."
List of 5 items
1. Click Start, click Run, type cmd, and then click OK.
2. Make sure that you are in the root folder of the partition for which you
want to gain access to the System Volume Information folder. For example, to
gain access the C:\System Volume Information folder, make sure that you are
in the root folder of drive C (at a "C:\" prompt). To check this, once you have typed cmd and pressed enter, then type cd\ and press enter again.
3. Type the following line, and then press ENTER:
 
cacls "driveletter:\System Volume Information" /E /G username:F
Make sure to type the quotation marks as indicated. This command adds the
specified user to the folder with Full Control permissions.
4. Double-click the System Volume Information folder in the root folder to
open it.
5. If you need to remove the permissions after troubleshooting, type the
following line at a command prompt:
 
cacls "driveletter:\System Volume Information" /E /R username
This command removes all permissions for the specified user.
list end
 
 
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, February 17, 2020 8:28 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] accessing system volume information on Windows 7

Open the run dialog box with windows are.
Then type in sndvol



On Feb 17, 2020, at 9:44 PM, Vicki W <vwherry4@...> wrote:


Hi,
How can I access System Volume information on a Windows 7 computer? I have two sets of instructions and neither are working correctly.
 
Thanks.
 
Vicki
 


locked Re: New Smart Flip Phone?

Monte Single
 

Yes, this is the first I have hear of the alcatel go 5. But that's what
consumer technology is all about; the latest and the greatest. The fact
that you have a device that works fine for you is irrelevant.
The only way to generate new sales is with new products. Sometimes it's the
same old thing with a new label or costume.
Buy, buy, buy.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Pamela Dominguez
Sent: February-22-20 9:43 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] New Smart Flip Phone?

I have never heard of a go 5 before this one. I always heard of the go 3,
and I thought that was the newest one. Pam.

-----Original Message-----
From: Monte Single
Sent: Friday, February 21, 2020 11:02 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] New Smart Flip Phone?

What is the difference between the alcatel go 3 and go 5.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of
jan howells via Groups.Io
Sent: February-21-20 6:32 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] New Smart Flip Phone?

Yesterday, my brother bought me an Alcatel Go 5 cell phone nn his plan. I
will get it at Easter time.

Jan


Re: What is a good flip phone to buy?

Monte Single
 

Hi Bob,
Do you know how much your phone cost without a contract, or with?
Thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Onwardbob
Sent: February-22-20 11:11 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] What is a good flip phone to buy?

I have the Kyocera Dura and like it. It isn't cheap but it is very
accessible and full featured.

BOB SOUTAR.ONWARD THRU THE FOG


-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Terry Olandese
Sent: Saturday, February 22, 2020 5:45 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] What is a good flip phone to buy?

I'm going to have to replace my flip phone at the end of the year because of
3 g going away. Could someone recommend a inexpensive phone that I can buy?
Would appreciate the help. All the information that you can give to me about
the phone would be appreciated.


Re: What is a good flip phone to buy?

Lynette
 

Does this have a 3.5 headphone jack and how difficult is it to send and create text messages? I assume the voice control is good?

Thanks

On 2/22/2020 9:10 AM, Onwardbob wrote:
I have the Kyocera Dura and like it. It isn't cheap but it is very
accessible and full featured.

BOB SOUTAR.ONWARD THRU THE FOG


-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Terry Olandese
Sent: Saturday, February 22, 2020 5:45 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] What is a good flip phone to buy?

I'm going to have to replace my flip phone at the end of the year because of
3 g going away. Could someone recommend a inexpensive phone that I can buy?
Would appreciate the help. All the information that you can give to me about
the phone would be appreciated.





Re: Charter account on WLM

Mike B
 


Hi Lynette,
 
Okay so far these settings look good but, 1 other setting to look at.  On the Server tab tab past, checked Remember password check box, not checked Log on using Secure Password Authentication check box, checked My server requires authentication check box and on the Settings...button press the spacebar.  There are 2 options here and you want the one below.
checked Use same settings as my incoming mail server radio button, 1 of 2
 
This is the setting I use on my IMAP account, but if this doesn't work try #2, but you'll have to enter account / password info in the appropriate fields.


Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.

----- Original Message -----
From: Lynette
Sent: Saturday, February 22, 2020 8:36 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Charter account on WLM

Mike,

I am currently trying imap and both the incoming and outgoing ports are

mobile.charter.net

Incoming port 993 and outgoing 587

I am going to try changing the outgoing to smtp.charter.net


Also, if you have the server setting for pop 3, could you post that. I know they say they don't support pop any longer but I suspect it will still work

Thanks

Lynn


On 2/21/2020 9:55 PM, Mike B wrote:

I'm with Charter / Spectrum and it sound like your server settings need to be updated.  What do you have for, incoming & outgoing, settings on yourAccounts / properties / server tab, and are you using POP3 or IMAP??

Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.
----- Original Message -----
From: Lynette
Sent: Friday, February 21, 2020 7:28 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] Charter account on WLM

Is anyone using a Charter.net email account with WLM?I can receive
messages but they won't send?

Lynn