Date   

Re: Welcome (back) iPhone SE?

Monte Single
 

This Colonel is curious.
How much was a share
of apple before the current descent.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Olusegun -- Victory Associates LTD, Inc.
Sent: April-17-20 12:39 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Welcome (back) iPhone SE?

Sis Carolyn, AAPL stock dropped again today? I thought it was TRENDING
UPWARDS! Oh well, may be when it hits $130 I could sneak in and grab
three--one for you, second for Colonel Monte, and the third tossed in the
air for anyone's catch!

With AAPL stores closed, the sE2020 may have to be purchased perhaps online
only for the moment. The stores of the major carriers in my village are
closed as well; a few of them tried to argue that they provide ESSENTIAL
SERVICES and should be allowed to stay open. Well, the politicians
governing here aren't buying that thought with a toothpick.

I still think though that Apple ventured into the wrong territory; rather
than seeking to do much too much, it should stick with what it does well and
let the market BLESS OR CURSE its position.

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado


Re: Welcome (back) iPhone SE?

Olusegun -- Victory Associates LTD, Inc.
 

Sis Carolyn, AAPL stock dropped again today? I thought it was TRENDING
UPWARDS! Oh well, may be when it hits $130 I could sneak in and grab
three--one for you, second for Colonel Monte, and the third tossed in the
air for anyone's catch!

With AAPL stores closed, the sE2020 may have to be purchased perhaps online
only for the moment. The stores of the major carriers in my village are
closed as well; a few of them tried to argue that they provide ESSENTIAL
SERVICES and should be allowed to stay open. Well, the politicians
governing here aren't buying that thought with a toothpick.

I still think though that Apple ventured into the wrong territory; rather
than seeking to do much too much, it should stick with what it does well and
let the market BLESS OR CURSE its position.

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado


Re: Spectrum cable network

heather albright
 

This number is for those who use the accessible boxes and there the ones to call if you need to trouble shoot and they are not supposed to freak out when you tell them you are using a screen reader. But, I find that that is not always the case. If there is something you cant figure out, they are not supposed to charge if you have to have someone come out to look at the equipment. Otherwise, they charge you if the tec has to come out. Cheers Heather

 

From: Troy Burnham
Sent: Friday, April 17, 2020 12:46 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Spectrum cable network

 

What's different about when you call this number as opposed to calling the regular spectrum number? I'm in Texas but I still have spectrum.

Troy


On 4/16/2020 11:14 PM, heather albright wrote:

Ah yes it is: (844) 762-1301. Cheers Heather

 

From: Fred Adams
Sent: Thursday, April 16, 2020 8:44 PM
To: talk group
Subject: [TechTalk] Spectrum cable network

 

Hi to list, I live in the west central Florida area and I need the handicap

help phone number for the Spectrum cable network.  I will appreciate any

help with this.

 

Thanks much,

 

FRED C. ADAMS W4HC

US ARMY ABN RET

ETERNITY ETERNITY AVERY LONG TIME

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Re: Spectrum cable network

Troy Burnham
 

What's different about when you call this number as opposed to calling the regular spectrum number? I'm in Texas but I still have spectrum.

Troy



On 4/16/2020 11:14 PM, heather albright wrote:

Ah yes it is: (844) 762-1301. Cheers Heather

 

From: Fred Adams
Sent: Thursday, April 16, 2020 8:44 PM
To: talk group
Subject: [TechTalk] Spectrum cable network

 

Hi to list, I live in the west central Florida area and I need the handicap

help phone number for the Spectrum cable network.  I will appreciate any

help with this.

 

Thanks much,

 

FRED C. ADAMS W4HC

US ARMY ABN RET

ETERNITY ETERNITY AVERY LONG TIME

 

 

 

 

 



Re: What to do when your computer goes silent

Carolyn Arnold
 

It doesn't open JAWS twice, Jim?

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io
[mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jim Wohlgamuth
Sent: Friday, April 17, 2020 10:42 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] What to do when your computer goes
silent

Vicky,

When jaws stops talking to me I simply press the windows key
then type the word, jaws then press enter. This always
works for me. Good Luck and Have A Good 1! de

<wohlggie@gmail.com> <mailto:wohlggie@gmail.com> <KF8LT><Jim
Wohlgamuth>.


On 16-Apr-20 18:08, Vicky Vaughan wrote:


Hi List, I am using a Windows 10 desktop computer
using Jaws 2020 and Leasey 5.13.



Sometimes it goes silent.



I was wondering what steps you would try in such a
situation.



Is there a keyboard command for Task Manager? If the
computer is still silent, what would you do after issuing
that command?



Would you try pressing Alt F4 and then Alt Tab and
another Alt F4 until you think that you have shutdown all
open windows?



Would you try the Leasey command of Tilda followed
by either Alt Shift r for Restart or Tilda Alt Shift s for
shutdown?



I'm afraid I've done so many shutdowns and restarts
that I think that I may have caused damage to my computer.



I am hoping some safe successful solutions may be
suggested.



Any such will be gratefully received and acted upon!



Sincerely, Vicky V



________________________________

<https://www.avg.com/internet-security>; This email
has been checked for viruses by AVG antivirus software.
www.avg.com <https://www.avg.com/internet-security>;


Re: What to do when your computer goes silent

Carolyn Arnold
 

Indeed, Ann, that really does describe these devices,
doesn't it?

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io
[mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Ann Parsons
Sent: Friday, April 17, 2020 7:27 AM
To: main@techtalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] What to do when your computer goes
silent

Hi all,

I had a computer I called LG. It stood for Little Girl.
Remember?

There was a little girl,
That had a little curl,
Right in the middle of her forehead,
And when she was good,
She was very, very good,
But when she was bad,
She was horrid!


Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring
EMAIL: akp@sero.email
Author of The Demmies: http://www.dldbooks.com/annparsons/
Portal Tutoring web site: http://www.portaltutoring.info
Skype: Putertutor

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."


Re: to the ouspoken Denver Dude

Carolyn Arnold
 

I got case for $20 and screen protecter for $10 at Wal-Mart
- happy with them, do not like the Otter Boxes that I have
seen at all.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io
[mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Monte Single
Sent: Friday, April 17, 2020 4:05 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] to the ouspoken Denver Dude

Yes, living here in North America, it seems the apple rules
supreme.
When you take the price of a new s e, turnit into Canada
bucks, throw in a case, activation fee and taxes, the new s
e is over seven hundred; that is without a plan. Now I can
eat pretty well for many many weeks on that much money, if I
don't skip the dishes.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io
[mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Olusegun --
Victory Associates LTD, Inc.
Sent: April-16-20 9:31 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] to the ouspoken Denver Dude

Hey Colonel Monte, don't moan; just grab two, I'll come by
with Santa several weeks early to sneak down the chimney to
grab the second one and thus immerse myself in that great,
wild garden where only apples grow!

I think the article I posted was a tad too generous in
stating that Android is in 70% of the world. Android has
greater penetration worldwide than iOS does--closer to
80%-85%! But, of course, the iPhone is produced in China and
imported to our countries for resale. If China's 1.3
billion people each have one, there won't be enough iPhones
left to export.

I'm tickled grey to see Apple trying to invade a market
where it won't make real deep penetration. In most
countries of the world, $399.99 is hard to amass; an Android
can still be had for, say, $50-$200! It's going to be an
uphill climb for Apple for sure and I hope it doesn't SHOOT
ITSELF in both feet. Anyhow, it's stock was $292 today;
perhaps the release of the sE2020 bumped it up 'cause I had
seen it dive down to almost $165 recently.

Anyway, when I come grab my sE2020, we'll have a wild party
to which no virus shall be invited!!

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado


Re: Welcome (back) iPhone SE?

Carolyn Arnold
 

Olusegun, after one of your posts about Apple stock being 292, I just checked, and it was $280 - people must not be buying SE's fast enough, you think?

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Shelly Kane
Sent: Friday, April 17, 2020 5:00 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Welcome (back) iPhone SE?

I couldn't agree more.

On 4/16/2020 6:14 PM, Carolyn Arnold wrote:
I sent my sister the information about it, because just a couple of
days ago, she said she needed to replace her 7. I told her it had a
Home Button, so she could still use fingerprint, although facial ID
has been no problem to me.
Still, if you don't have to change, why do it?

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io
[mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Olusegun -- Victory
Associates LTD, Inc.
Sent: Thursday, April 16, 2020 6:44 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] Welcome (back) iPhone SE?

Welcome (back) iPhone SE — but did Apple just cannibalize itself?

Don't judge an iPhone by its cover... Remember iPhone SE?
It's that little rectangle which you could actually operate
one-handedly without spraining a finger.
Apple
released it in 2016, then stopped selling it in 2018. Now, it's
shockingly resurrecting iPhone SE for 2020, starting at the
(relatively) lower price of $399.

list of 2 items
• Looks: Pretty much the same as the iPhone 8 — a 4.7-inch screen with
a frame around it and a home button with Touch ID. The real change
lies on the inside...
• Specs: Better camera equipped with 4K video and portrait mode. Also
boasts a more powerful processor with the new A13 Bionic chip (sounds
legit). Apple

says
it put "the brains" of iPhone 11 Pro in the body of SE.
list end

What interested us most was the timing of this launch...
Given the COVID-19 crisis, this might not seem like the best time to
ship a new product. Apple thinks it's a great time:

list of 2 items
• With the economy in shambles, it makes sense to introduce a
lower-cost phone. The new SE is $200 cheaper than the next "cheapest"
iPhone (and many Android models). A low-cost, high-performance phone
could thrive right now.
• With most Apple stores closed, people can't try before they buy.
Buying iPhones online becomes more attractive with a lower price and
newer product — Apple's trying to drive excitement for online orders
with this launch (people get hyped on pre-orders).
list end
THE TAKEAWAY

Is Apple cannibalizing itself?... Cannibalization occurs when a new
product is so irresistible it steals sales from your other (often
higher-priced) products.
Tesla's Model 3 stole sales from its Model S. But Apple probably did a
lot of research on this risk and decided
that:

• More Upgrades: iPhone users might be more likely to upgrade from
their old phones after the launch of SE, with that volume covering
lost sales from pricier models.
• More Market Share: With this lower-priced option, Apple might
convert some Androiders — Google 's Android still controls 70% of the
world's cell phones.
• But if fancy new iPhone users change to the lower-priced SE instead,
that's a problem for Apple.

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado








.


Re: Welcome (back) iPhone SE?

Carolyn Arnold
 

I'm so excited for you, Shelly. I couldn't hold off, because I use my phone that my SE's battery was needing charging twice a day. What a difference with my 11, especially since I removed a lot of the apps refreshing in the background. I use my phone all day for one thing or another, so need good battery, one reason I never kept a flip phone long.

Tell us about it, when you get it.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Shelly Kane
Sent: Friday, April 17, 2020 4:58 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Welcome (back) iPhone SE?

I'm very excited for this lunch. I have had mine for over 3 years and it has worked great. In fact, I'm ordering mine tomorrow from Verizon. I'm getting mine right away because I need more memory. I was thinking of getting an eight until I heard on the news that this one is finally being launched. These will go quickly.

Shelly

On 4/16/2020 4:43 PM, Olusegun -- Victory Associates LTD, Inc. wrote:
Welcome (back) iPhone SE — but did Apple just cannibalize itself?

Don't judge an iPhone by its cover... Remember iPhone SE? It's that
little rectangle which you could actually operate one-handedly without
spraining a finger.
Apple
released it in 2016, then stopped selling it in 2018. Now, it's
shockingly resurrecting iPhone SE for 2020, starting at the
(relatively) lower price of $399.

list of 2 items
• Looks: Pretty much the same as the iPhone 8 — a 4.7-inch screen with
a frame around it and a home button with Touch ID. The real change
lies on the inside...
• Specs: Better camera equipped with 4K video and portrait mode. Also
boasts a more powerful processor with the new A13 Bionic chip (sounds
legit). Apple

says
it put "the brains" of iPhone 11 Pro in the body of SE.
list end

What interested us most was the timing of this launch... Given the
COVID-19 crisis, this might not seem like the best time to ship a new
product. Apple thinks it's a great time:

list of 2 items
• With the economy in shambles, it makes sense to introduce a
lower-cost phone. The new SE is $200 cheaper than the next "cheapest"
iPhone (and many Android models). A low-cost, high-performance phone
could thrive right now.
• With most Apple stores closed, people can't try before they buy.
Buying iPhones online becomes more attractive with a lower price and
newer product — Apple's trying to drive excitement for online orders
with this launch (people get hyped on pre-orders).
list end
THE TAKEAWAY

Is Apple cannibalizing itself?... Cannibalization occurs when a new
product is so irresistible it steals sales from your other (often
higher-priced) products.
Tesla's Model 3 stole sales from its Model S. But Apple probably did a
lot of research on this risk and decided that:

• More Upgrades: iPhone users might be more likely to upgrade from
their old phones after the launch of SE, with that volume covering
lost sales from pricier models.
• More Market Share: With this lower-priced option, Apple might
convert some Androiders — Google 's Android still controls 70%
of the world's cell phones.
• But if fancy new iPhone users change to the lower-priced SE instead,
that's a problem for Apple.

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado




.


Re: What to do when your computer goes silent

Carolyn Arnold
 

I think I'll snitch that name too - FRED you are now,
computer.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io
[mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Olusegun --
Victory Associates LTD, Inc.
Sent: Thursday, April 16, 2020 11:48 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] What to do when your computer goes
silent

Vicky wrote in part:

"Does anyone else call their computer Fred? That stands for
Frustratingly Recalcitrant Electronic Device."

Sister, you just added one more to my vocabulary list!
Never heard of that one, but it sure sounds pretty cool and
good. Indeed, the said device can be a "recalcitrant"
beast! Hopefully Human Rights Attorneys won't come after
me, 'cause I now plan to TORTURE IT even more and teach it a
lesson or three! Thanks for the laughs.

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado


Re: Stopping Chrome Download Alerts

Lisa Belville
 

Hi, Joe.


Unfortunately, this is a Chrome issue and not a screen reader issue.  Chrome does the same thing with NVDA and there doesn't seem to be any way of turning it off other then using another browser while a download is in progress or moving focus away from any Chrome windows you have open until the download has completed.


If this has changed and there is indeed a way to modify this setting I would appreciate knowing about it because the excess verbosity is annoying.


Lisa Belville

missktlab1217@frontier.com

On 4/17/2020 11:25 AM, Joe Orozco wrote:
Hi, to JAWS users using Chrome, have you found a way to stop JAWS from
regularly announcing download status? The verbal alert interrupts
across all applications, even if I do not have Chrome up as my active
window. It’s rather annoying. Thank you in advance for any fix
suggestions.

Joe



Stopping Chrome Download Alerts

Joe Orozco
 

Hi, to JAWS users using Chrome, have you found a way to stop JAWS from
regularly announcing download status? The verbal alert interrupts
across all applications, even if I do not have Chrome up as my active
window. It’s rather annoying. Thank you in advance for any fix
suggestions.

Joe


Re: What to do when your computer goes silent

Geoff Eden
 

Insert escape will restore JAWS speech.
 
Geoff
 

From: Vicky Vaughan
Sent: Thursday, April 16, 2020 6:08 PM
To: main@techtalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] What to do when your computer goes silent
 

Hi List, I am using a Windows 10 desktop computer using Jaws 2020 and Leasey 5.13. 

 

Sometimes it goes silent. 

 

I was wondering what steps you would try in such a situation.

 

Is there a keyboard command for Task Manager? If the computer is still silent, what would you do after issuing that command?

 

Would you try pressing Alt F4 and then Alt Tab and another Alt F4 until you think that you have shutdown all open windows?

 

Would you try the Leasey command of Tilda followed by either Alt Shift r for Restart or Tilda Alt Shift s for shutdown?

 

I’m afraid I’ve done so many shutdowns and restarts that I think that I may have caused damage to my computer.

 

I am hoping some safe successful solutions may be suggested.

 

Any such will be gratefully received and acted upon!

 

Sincerely, Vicky V




AVG logo

This email has been checked for viruses by AVG antivirus software.
www.avg.com



Re: What to do when your computer goes silent

Jim Wohlgamuth
 

Vicky,

When jaws stops talking to me I simply press the windows key then type the word, jaws then press enter.  This always works for me.  Good Luck and Have A Good 1! de

<wohlggie@...><KF8LT><Jim Wohlgamuth>.

On 16-Apr-20 18:08, Vicky Vaughan wrote:

Hi List, I am using a Windows 10 desktop computer using Jaws 2020 and Leasey 5.13. 

 

Sometimes it goes silent. 

 

I was wondering what steps you would try in such a situation.

 

Is there a keyboard command for Task Manager? If the computer is still silent, what would you do after issuing that command?

 

Would you try pressing Alt F4 and then Alt Tab and another Alt F4 until you think that you have shutdown all open windows?

 

Would you try the Leasey command of Tilda followed by either Alt Shift r for Restart or Tilda Alt Shift s for shutdown?

 

I’m afraid I’ve done so many shutdowns and restarts that I think that I may have caused damage to my computer.

 

I am hoping some safe successful solutions may be suggested.

 

Any such will be gratefully received and acted upon!

 

Sincerely, Vicky V




AVG logo

This email has been checked for viruses by AVG antivirus software.
www.avg.com



Re: What to do when your computer goes silent

Pamela Dominguez
 

Oh, that's a good one! I used to call the computer the Commission gave me grandpa. It wasn't an acronym for anything, just the way I felt about it when it wouldn't want to start. Pam.

-----Original Message-----
From: Vicky Vaughan
Sent: Thursday, April 16, 2020 11:15 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] What to do when your computer goes silent

Thanks very much for your suggestions! I have both NVDA and Narrator on my
computer, so I will try them when next I get the silent treatment.

Does anyone else call their computer Fred? That stands for Frustratingly
Recalcitrant Electronic Device.

Sincerely, Vicky V

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Dave
Sent: Thursday, April 16, 2020 6:51 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] What to do when your computer goes silent

I suffer the same sudden loss of Speech when using last years version of
Jaws 2019.


I do use the Alt-F4 keys to shut down, or I hope I am shutting things down.


I then hold my breath, say a little Prayer, and press and hold the Button
that turns my computer on, and I keep it pressed until the computer is
totally silent.


I then wait about 10 seconds, and press the On switch again, and let it
Boot up Normally.


I suffer this problem most often while in Thunderbird. How about you?


I have attempted to start NVDA and even Narrator, but on my System, when it
goes Silent, it remains quiet.


I have a friend who also uses Win 10, and he has the newest JAWS, and he
too suffers the Silent Treatment. But, his System will let him start
Narrator. Once it is started, he can then move around an shut everything
down normally.


Grumpy Dave








--
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
https://www.avg.com


Re: What to do when your computer goes silent

George McCoy
 

The command to start and stop narroaor is ctrl plus windows key plus enter, not ctrl alt enter.


George


On 4/16/2020 5:34 PM, Mich Verrier wrote:

Hi you can try starting narater by hitting alt control enter and then if you want to go to the task manager hit controle shift escape hth. From Mich.

 

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Vicky Vaughan
Sent: April 16, 2020 6:08 PM
To: main@techtalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] What to do when your computer goes silent

 

Hi List, I am using a Windows 10 desktop computer using Jaws 2020 and Leasey 5.13. 

 

Sometimes it goes silent. 

 

I was wondering what steps you would try in such a situation.

 

Is there a keyboard command for Task Manager? If the computer is still silent, what would you do after issuing that command?

 

Would you try pressing Alt F4 and then Alt Tab and another Alt F4 until you think that you have shutdown all open windows?

 

Would you try the Leasey command of Tilda followed by either Alt Shift r for Restart or Tilda Alt Shift s for shutdown?

 

I’m afraid I’ve done so many shutdowns and restarts that I think that I may have caused damage to my computer.

 

I am hoping some safe successful solutions may be suggested.

 

Any such will be gratefully received and acted upon!

 

Sincerely, Vicky V

 


AVG logo

This email has been checked for viruses by AVG antivirus software.
www.avg.com




Re: What to do when your computer goes silent

Ann Parsons
 

Hi all,

I had a computer I called LG. It stood for Little Girl. Remember?

There was a little girl,
That had a little curl,
Right in the middle of her forehead,
And when she was good,
She was very, very good,
But when she was bad,
She was horrid!


Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring
EMAIL: akp@sero.email
Author of The Demmies: http://www.dldbooks.com/annparsons/
Portal Tutoring web site: http://www.portaltutoring.info
Skype: Putertutor

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."


Re: to the ouspoken Denver Dude

Monte Single
 

Yes, living here in North America, it seems the apple rules supreme.
When you take the price of a new s e, turnit into Canada bucks, throw in a
case, activation fee and taxes, the new s e is over seven hundred; that is
without a plan. Now I can eat pretty well for many many weeks on that much
money, if I don't skip the dishes.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Olusegun -- Victory Associates LTD, Inc.
Sent: April-16-20 9:31 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] to the ouspoken Denver Dude

Hey Colonel Monte, don't moan; just grab two, I'll come by with Santa
several weeks early to sneak down the chimney to grab the second one and
thus immerse myself in that great, wild garden where only apples grow!

I think the article I posted was a tad too generous in stating that Android
is in 70% of the world. Android has greater penetration worldwide than iOS
does--closer to 80%-85%! But, of course, the iPhone is produced in China and
imported to our countries for resale. If China's 1.3 billion people each
have one, there won't be enough iPhones left to export.

I'm tickled grey to see Apple trying to invade a market where it won't make
real deep penetration. In most countries of the world, $399.99 is hard to
amass; an Android can still be had for, say, $50-$200! It's going to be an
uphill climb for Apple for sure and I hope it doesn't SHOOT ITSELF in both
feet. Anyhow, it's stock was $292 today; perhaps the release of the sE2020
bumped it up 'cause I had seen it dive down to almost $165 recently.

Anyway, when I come grab my sE2020, we'll have a wild party to which no
virus shall be invited!!

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado


Re: Welcome (back) iPhone SE?

Shelly Kane
 

I couldn't agree more.

On 4/16/2020 6:14 PM, Carolyn Arnold wrote:
I sent my sister the information about it, because just a
couple of days ago, she said she needed to replace her 7. I
told her it had a Home Button, so she could still use
fingerprint, although facial ID has been no problem to me.
Still, if you don't have to change, why do it?

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io
[mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Olusegun --
Victory Associates LTD, Inc.
Sent: Thursday, April 16, 2020 6:44 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] Welcome (back) iPhone SE?

Welcome (back) iPhone SE — but did Apple just cannibalize
itself?

Don't judge an iPhone by its cover... Remember iPhone SE?
It's that little rectangle which you could actually operate
one-handedly without spraining a finger.
Apple
released it in 2016, then stopped selling it in 2018. Now,
it's shockingly resurrecting iPhone SE for 2020, starting at
the (relatively) lower price of $399.

list of 2 items
• Looks: Pretty much the same as the iPhone 8 — a 4.7-inch
screen with a frame around it and a home button with Touch
ID. The real change lies on the inside...
• Specs: Better camera equipped with 4K video and portrait
mode. Also boasts a more powerful processor with the new A13
Bionic chip (sounds legit). Apple

says
it put "the brains" of iPhone 11 Pro in the body of SE.
list end

What interested us most was the timing of this launch...
Given the COVID-19 crisis, this might not seem like the best
time to ship a new product. Apple thinks it's a great time:

list of 2 items
• With the economy in shambles, it makes sense to introduce
a lower-cost phone. The new SE is $200 cheaper than the next
"cheapest" iPhone (and many Android models). A low-cost,
high-performance phone could thrive right now.
• With most Apple stores closed, people can't try before
they buy. Buying iPhones online becomes more attractive with
a lower price and newer product — Apple's trying to drive
excitement for online orders with this launch (people get
hyped on pre-orders).
list end
THE TAKEAWAY

Is Apple cannibalizing itself?... Cannibalization occurs
when a new product is so irresistible it steals sales from
your other (often higher-priced) products.
Tesla's Model 3 stole sales from its Model S. But Apple
probably did a lot of research on this risk and decided
that:

• More Upgrades: iPhone users might be more likely to
upgrade from their old phones after the launch of SE, with
that volume covering lost sales from pricier models.
• More Market Share: With this lower-priced option, Apple
might convert some Androiders — Google 's Android still
controls 70% of the world's cell phones.
• But if fancy new iPhone users change to the lower-priced
SE instead, that's a problem for Apple.

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado







.


Re: Welcome (back) iPhone SE?

Shelly Kane
 

I'm very excited for this lunch.  I have had mine for over 3 years and it has worked great.  In fact, I'm ordering mine tomorrow from Verizon.  I'm getting mine right away because I need more memory.  I was thinking of getting an eight until I heard on the news that this one is finally being launched.  These will go quickly.

Shelly

On 4/16/2020 4:43 PM, Olusegun -- Victory Associates LTD, Inc. wrote:
Welcome (back) iPhone SE — but did Apple just cannibalize itself?

Don't judge an iPhone by its cover... Remember iPhone SE? It's that little
rectangle which you could actually operate one-handedly without spraining a
finger.
Apple
released it in 2016, then stopped selling it in 2018. Now, it's shockingly
resurrecting iPhone SE for 2020, starting at the (relatively) lower price of
$399.

list of 2 items
• Looks: Pretty much the same as the iPhone 8 — a 4.7-inch screen with a
frame around it and a home button with Touch ID. The real change lies on the
inside...
• Specs: Better camera equipped with 4K video and portrait mode. Also boasts
a more powerful processor with the new A13 Bionic chip (sounds legit). Apple

says
it put "the brains" of iPhone 11 Pro in the body of SE.
list end

What interested us most was the timing of this launch... Given the COVID-19
crisis, this might not seem like the best time to ship a new product. Apple
thinks it's a great time:

list of 2 items
• With the economy in shambles, it makes sense to introduce a lower-cost
phone. The new SE is $200 cheaper than the next "cheapest" iPhone (and many
Android
models). A low-cost, high-performance phone could thrive right now.
• With most Apple stores closed, people can't try before they buy. Buying
iPhones online becomes more attractive with a lower price and newer product

Apple's trying to drive excitement for online orders with this launch
(people get hyped on pre-orders).
list end
THE TAKEAWAY

Is Apple cannibalizing itself?... Cannibalization occurs when a new product
is so irresistible it steals sales from your other (often higher-priced)
products.
Tesla's Model 3 stole sales from its Model S. But Apple probably did a lot
of research on this risk and decided that:

• More Upgrades: iPhone users might be more likely to upgrade from their old
phones after the launch of SE, with that volume covering lost sales from
pricier
models.
• More Market Share: With this lower-priced option, Apple might convert some
Androiders —
Google
's Android still controls
70%
of the world's cell phones.
• But if fancy new iPhone users change to the lower-priced SE instead,
that's a problem for Apple.

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado



.

8041 - 8060 of 96475