default admin password for WI FI modems?

Curtis Delzer

Hi. I have an action tech modem and need the default password / log on
info.
anyone know? don't know where my manual is, etc. and my old computer
crashed where I saved the info.
-----
Curtis Delzer, HS.
K6VFO
San Bernardino, CA

Curtis Delzer

and btw I know it is http://192.168.1.1 to log onto it.
-----
Curtis Delzer, HS.
K6VFO
San Bernardino, CA

On Sun, 24 Apr 2016 14:41:38 -0700
"Curtis Delzer" <curtis@calweb.com> wrote:

Hi. I have an action tech modem and need the default password / log on
info.
anyone know? don't know where my manual is, etc. and my old computer
crashed where I saved the info.
-----
Curtis Delzer, HS.
K6VFO
San Bernardino, CA

Matt

Well, I have one as well. but the admin user name is admin by default and
there is not a password by default for this. Now the Wifi settings is
totally different and the wifi user name and the default password is usually
on the modem on the bottom. But if it has been changed then there is no
telling. I have changed my admin password on my modem but left the user name
the same admin. I have changed the user name and password on my wifi setting
on the modem. If the modem came from your ISP then you might have to call
them and get them to reset it. they can do this. And everything will go back
to the default. If you did not get the modem from your ISP then they might
not support it at all.

Matt.from.florida@gmail.com

Hi. I have an action tech modem and need the default password / log on info.
anyone know? don't know where my manual is, etc. and my old computer crashed
where I saved the info.
-----
Curtis Delzer, HS.
K6VFO
San Bernardino, CA

Matt

Yes that is the same from my as well. Is your ISP TDS as well?

Matt.from.florida@gmail.com

Hi. I have an action tech modem and need the default password / log on
info.
anyone know? don't know where my manual is, etc. and my old computer
crashed where I saved the info.
-----
Curtis Delzer, HS.
K6VFO
San Bernardino, CA

Curtis Delzer

Of course, after logging into the system, you can then change the wi fi
info, I just can't seem to reset the modem even after pressing the reset
button. do I need to power off the modem, and then press the reset
button?

-----
Curtis Delzer, HS.
K6VFO
San Bernardino, CA

On Sun, 24 Apr 2016 17:54:21 -0400
"Matt" <matt.from.florida@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

Should not but this could be your screen reader and the accesaabiltyy of the
site. What screen reader are you using?

Matt.from.florida@gmail.com

Hi. I have an action tech modem and need the default password / log on
info.
anyone know? don't know where my manual is, etc. and my old computer
crashed where I saved the info.
-----
Curtis Delzer, HS.
K6VFO
San Bernardino, CA

Carlos

No, you shouldn't have to power it off, but you might want to try holding the reset button down for a few seconds.

Hi. I have an action tech modem and need the default password / log on info.
anyone know? don't know where my manual is, etc. and my old computer crashed
where I saved the info.
-----
Curtis Delzer, HS.
K6VFO
San Bernardino, CA

rajmund <brajmund2000@...>

Hi,
By default, both user name and password are what you've put into the subject, admin. If I'm incorrect, someone will correct me, am sure.

Sent from a BrailleNote

From: "Curtis Delzer" <curtis@calweb.com
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Date sent: Sun, 24 Apr 2016 14:41:38 -0700

Hi. I have an action tech modem and need the default password / log on
info.
anyone know? don't know where my manual is, etc. and my old computer
crashed where I saved the info.
-----
Curtis Delzer, HS.
K6VFO
San Bernardino, CA

rajmund <brajmund2000@...>

Hi Carlos,
It will depend, but, the one that I had success using admin and admin, also had 192.168.1.1 , if that matters.

Sent from a BrailleNote

No, it varies between different models. That is one of the more common
combinations, but not the only possibility.
By default, both user name and password are what you've put into the
subject, admin. If I'm incorrect, someone will correct me, am sure.

Sent from a BrailleNote

Hi. I have an action tech modem and need the default password / log on
info.
anyone know? don't know where my manual is, etc. and my old computer
crashed where I saved the info.
-----
Curtis Delzer, HS.
K6VFO
San Bernardino, CA

Carlos

That is the default gateway/IP address for accessing the router interface. It has nothing to do with what default user name/password a particular model might use.

It will depend, but, the one that I had success using admin and admin, also had 192.168.1.1 , if that matters.

Sent from a BrailleNote

No, it varies between different models. That is one of the more common
combinations, but not the only possibility.
By default, both user name and password are what you've put into the
subject, admin. If I'm incorrect, someone will correct me, am sure.

Sent from a BrailleNote

Hi. I have an action tech modem and need the default password / log on
info.
anyone know? don't know where my manual is, etc. and my old computer
crashed where I saved the info.
-----
Curtis Delzer, HS.
K6VFO
San Bernardino, CA

Matt

Hi, I have never reset the modem from the modem I know it can be done but
have no idea how to do it from the modem. I have reset the modem but it was
from the site 192.168.0.1 and reset the modem from there. So if you can find
the reset button on the modem then yes you should just have to hold it down
a few seconds till all the lights go out and then release the button and I
would think a count of about 10 to 15 should well do it
I would think the default user name and password would be admin in lower
case and the the password would be empty or just admin . you could try the
wordadmin in lower case then upper case. or just try leaving the password
field empty .

Matt.from.florida@gmail.com

Hi. I have an action tech modem and need the default password / log
on
info.
anyone know? don't know where my manual is, etc. and my old computer
crashed where I saved the info.
-----
Curtis Delzer, HS.
K6VFO
San Bernardino, CA

Richard <thegothot@...>

Hi Curtis,
Give this a try:

Source: http://www.routerpasswords.com/

Select Router Manufacturer:
ACTIONTEC
Find Password
Form end

table with 5 columns and 5 rows
Manufacturer
Model
Protocol
Username
Password
ACTIONTEC
GE344000-01
HTTP
(none)
(none)
ACTIONTEC
W1424WR
HTTP
admin
password
ACTIONTEC
R1520SU
HTTP
admin
(none)
ACTIONTEC
GT704-WG
HTTP
admin
password
table end

If you can't find the exact model of the router you are looking for, try a
password from an alternative model from the same manufacturer. Usually,
vendors
use the same or similar passwords across different models.
Copyright © 2014 RouterPasswords.com. All rights reserved

HTH,
Richard

Hi. I have an action tech modem and need the default password / log on
info.
anyone know? don't know where my manual is, etc. and my old computer
crashed where I saved the info.
-----
Curtis Delzer, HS.
K6VFO
San Bernardino, CA

Curtis Delzer

wow, thank you so much for this one. will make this a book mark and
favorite.
-----
Curtis Delzer, HS.
K6VFO