From: Howard Traxler [mailto:howard@traxlerenterprises.com]
Sent: Monday, April 25, 2016 3:41 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] available voices in NVDA

I have both JAWS (Eloquence speech) and Window Eyes (DECtalk software
synthesizer) on my Windows xp pro notebook. Also have NVDA. How can I use the Eloquence or DECtalk software synthesizers in my NVDA? I'm told it can be done; just don't know how.

Thanks.

Howard

Gene

Both screen-readers use restricted versions of those synthesizers that won't be seen by other programs or devices.

If you want Eloquence, you can try the demo of the SAPI version from Code Factory.  You can then decide if you want to purchase it.

If you want DECTalk there is a version available for purchase but it sounds quite different from the DECTalk you are used to.  I don't have purchase information.

Sent: Monday, April 25, 2016 2:40 PM

I have both JAWS (Eloquence speech) and Window Eyes (DECtalk software
synthesizer) on my Windows xp pro notebook.  Also have NVDA.  How can I use
the Eloquence or DECtalk software synthesizers in my NVDA?  I'm told it can
be done; just don't know how.

Thanks.

Howard

Curtis Delzer

there is an NVDA add-on for dectalk access 32 which works quite well.
NVDA supports eloquence either in sapi 4 versions, or sapi 5.
-----
Curtis Delzer, HS.
K6VFO
San Bernardino, CA

On Mon, 25 Apr 2016 14:40:56 -0500
"Howard Traxler" <howard@traxlerenterprises.com> wrote:

I have both JAWS (Eloquence speech) and Window Eyes (DECtalk software synthesizer) on my Windows xp pro notebook. Also have NVDA. How can I use the Eloquence or DECtalk software synthesizers in my NVDA? I'm told it can be done; just don't know how.

Thanks.

Howard

Matt

Hi, below is a place to get the Eloquence add on for NVDA! It by code
factory! See link below.

http://codefactoryglobal.com/app-store/voices-for-nvda/

Matt.from.florida@gmail.com

there is an NVDA add-on for dectalk access 32 which works quite well.
NVDA supports eloquence either in sapi 4 versions, or sapi 5.
-----
Curtis Delzer, HS.
K6VFO
San Bernardino, CA

On Mon, 25 Apr 2016 14:40:56 -0500
"Howard Traxler" <howard@traxlerenterprises.com> wrote:

I have both JAWS (Eloquence speech) and Window Eyes (DECtalk software
synthesizer) on my Windows xp pro notebook. Also have NVDA. How can I use
the Eloquence or DECtalk software synthesizers in my NVDA? I'm told it can
be done; just don't know how.

Thanks.

Howard

Gene

The DECTalk add on is illegal.  I don't know if you are discussing the illegal Eloquence Add on or the legal one that you can purchase.  You didn't clarify.

I almost never speak as a moderator but I am now.  It is not allowed to promote illegal software on the list.  This is a standard policy on lists that want to remain within the law.

Gene

Sent: Sunday, May 15, 2016 11:37 AM

"Howard Traxler" <howard@...> wrote:

> I have both JAWS (Eloquence speech) and Window Eyes (DECtalk software synthesizer) on my Windows xp pro notebook.  Also have NVDA.  How can I use the Eloquence or DECtalk software synthesizers in my NVDA?  I'm told it can be done; just don't know how.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Howard

Gene

But the legal eloquence add on is reported by many who have tried it, including me, to have serious problems with artifacts being introduced into the speech.
 If you are considering the legal add on or the SAPI 5 version of Eloquence that can be purchased, they both have demos available.

The SAPI 5 Eloquence doesn't have the artifact problem.  Try the demo or demos  you are interested in before spending any money.  They both have demos.

there is an NVDA add-on for dectalk access 32 which works quite well.
NVDA supports eloquence either in sapi 4 versions, or sapi 5.
-----
Curtis Delzer, HS.
K6VFO
San Bernardino, CA

On Mon, 25 Apr 2016 14:40:56 -0500
"Howard Traxler" <howard@...> wrote:

> I have both JAWS (Eloquence speech) and Window Eyes (DECtalk software
synthesizer) on my Windows xp pro notebook.  Also have NVDA.  How can I use
the Eloquence or DECtalk software synthesizers in my NVDA?  I'm told it can
be done; just don't know how.

> Thanks.
>
> Howard

Matt

That was what I thought but did not understand he was trying to talk about the legal one or not! Good moderating!

Sent: Sunday, May 15, 2016 11:37 AM

there is an NVDA add-on for dectalk access 32 which works quite well.
NVDA supports eloquence either in sapi 4 versions, or sapi 5.
-----
Curtis Delzer, HS.
K6VFO
San Bernardino, CA

On Mon, 25 Apr 2016 14:40:56 -0500
"Howard Traxler" <howard@...> wrote:

> I have both JAWS (Eloquence speech) and Window Eyes (DECtalk software synthesizer) on my Windows xp pro notebook.  Also have NVDA.  How can I use the Eloquence or DECtalk software synthesizers in my NVDA?  I'm told it can be done; just don't know how.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Howard

Gene

Thanks.  The list is well run by Carlos and the members are well behaved.  This is probably only the first or second time I've made a moderation comment.

Sent: Sunday, May 15, 2016 11:37 AM

there is an NVDA add-on for dectalk access 32 which works quite well.
NVDA supports eloquence either in sapi 4 versions, or sapi 5.
-----
Curtis Delzer, HS.
K6VFO
San Bernardino, CA

On Mon, 25 Apr 2016 14:40:56 -0500
"Howard Traxler" <howard@...> wrote:

> I have both JAWS (Eloquence speech) and Window Eyes (DECtalk software synthesizer) on my Windows xp pro notebook.  Also have NVDA.  How can I use the Eloquence or DECtalk software synthesizers in my NVDA?  I'm told it can be done; just don't know how.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Howard

Curtis Delzer

I did NOT know that dec_talk access32 add-on was illegal. It was on an
add-on web site for NVDA.
-----
Curtis Delzer, HS.
K6VFO
San Bernardino, CA

On Sun, 15 May 2016 12:36:10 -0500
"Gene" <gsasner@ripco.com> wrote:

[...]

There is an official add on site.  If you use other web sites, add ons may be legal or not.  also, on other sites, add ons may or may not have other problems.  There is an official process for testing and evaluating add ons.  I am not telling you to use or not to use add ons that haven't been officially approved.  I'm simply telling you that anyone can develop add ons.

gene

----- Original Message -----From: Curtis Delzer
Sent: Friday, May 20, 2016 10:48 AM

"Gene" <gsasner@...> wrote:

> The DECTalk add on is illegal.  I don't know if you are discussing the illegal Eloquence Add on or the legal one that you can purchase.  You didn't clarify.
>
> I almost never speak as a moderator but I am now.  It is not allowed to promote illegal software on the list.  This is a standard policy on lists that want to remain within the law.
>
> Gene

Bhavya shah

Hi Curtis,
For yours' and others' reference, the official NVDA Community Add-ons
portal is located at addons.nvda-project.org/
There are a lot of legal, free and commercial both, natural and
supposedly robotic, mono and multi lingual, text to speech
alternatives out there for use with NVDA. I am aware of an NVDA Wiki
page that documents all these available speech synthesizers and
detailed information about them, let me know if anyone requires ithat
page's link.
Thanks.

--
Warm Regards