Apple I4 Phone

Daniel McBride

Dear Groups:

I have an Apple I4 phone that I am having problems with. When I text, I
usually utilize the Serie accessibility feature that allows me to dictate my
message. However, I have a thick, Texas accent and Serie simply will not
accept certain words correctly. So, I attempt to enter my message utilizing
the keyboard.

Problem is, the edit field will not accept what I attempt to type into the
edit field. I do not have this problem adding a new contact. I click on
first name, Serie states that the edit field is "at start", and I type in
the name. This is the same with the last name and phone number. When I try
this sending a text, Serie states that the edit field is "at end", and I am
unable to type a message into the edit field.

This same problem exists when I am traveling and attempt to enter a Wi-Fi
password into the appropriate edit field. I click on the edit field, Serie
states that the edit field is "at end", and I cannot type the password into
the edit field.

Any ideas on how to solve this problem is greatly appreciated.

Daniel McBride
Fort Worth, Texas

Matt

HI, the edit part of texting with Siri I don't think is accessible. Now you
can start a new message and then use the dictation feature. Then this is
accessible. You do after you use the dictation part need to go to the top of
the message and then flip down to the message. Then double tap in the
message field. But if you are sending it to a person with a IOS devices of
any kind you can just use audio texting and this works so well. If not
texting to a person with IOS device then create a voice note and then send
that to them. It will show up as attachment to the text message. I do this
as well. But any message of any length I usually send an audio text if they
are using a IOS device if not than a voice note to them or I use my computer
to send them a text. Or attached a BT keyboard to the IOS device and use it
for my typing.

Matt.from.florida@gmail.com

[...]

Carolyn Arnold

I too have a Texas accent and sometimes have to stop, get out, then try
with Siri again. Consequently, my husband is the primary user of the
iPhone 4, and I bought an LG Revere 3 - have to text by hand, but don't
have any problems getting it done accurately. All I can say is good luck.

Bye for now,

Carolyn

[...]

Well you all know the iphone4 is very long in the tooth and Siri is much
better on the 5s and above. What was the last OS the iPhone 4 could get was
it IOS8 or ioS7 ? Apple will be fairly soon this year moving to IOS10 .
But this being said it is nice to have a physical keyboard on a phone.

Matt.from.florida@gmail.com

[...]

Carlos

So the iPhone 4 has a physical keyboard?

[...]

No! Was talking about that lg phone farther down the email

Matt.from.florida@gmail.com
Sent from my iPhone

----- Original Message ----- From: "Matt" <matt.from.florida@gmail.com>

[...]

iOS 7 and no the iPhone 4 did not have a physical keyboard.

On 1 May 2016, at 03:30, Matt <matt.from.florida@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

So that is what Iam talking about. Things has gotten so much better since the iPhone 4 and IOS 7! You can not expect to get the same results as you would with the iPhone 5S and above!
BTW: I know the iPone none of them had a physical keyboard to them I was talking about the Lg phone farther down in the email! Sorry did not make that clear!

Matt.from.florida@gmail.com
Sent from my iPhone

On May 1, 2016, at 2:32 AM, Christopher Hallsworth <challsworth2@icloud.com> wrote:

[...]

I vote for physical keyboards and everything read out loud or through my
ear piece,.

Bye for now,

Carolyn

[...]

Not the 4S nor the 4C.

Bye for now,

Carolyn

[...]

That is good to know that they have gotten better.

Bye for now,

Carolyn

[...]

Well, I vote for physical keyboards myself as well. But don't see Apple ever
doing this! There is a Blackberry running Android that has a physical
keyboard to it!

Matt.from.florida@gmail.com

[...]

there was not a 4c there was a 5c! no I would say iphone5s and up. But if I
was wanting a iPhone and was getting one today I would get the New iPhoneSE
which is basically the iPhone6s in the size of the iPhone5s. I bought the
unlock iPhone5SE a few months ago. I really like it as I was hating to have
to go to the iPhone6s because of the size. Now when the iPhone 5SE came out
I jumped right on it! I got the 64 GB unlock version for 536 bucks out the
door from Apple! Nice thing about it my iPhone5S case fit it just like a
charm.

Matt.from.florida@gmail.com

[...]

Yes, and one of these days, but by then, who knows, it could all go away,
the way I would want it, anyway. It is a sighted world. I can understand
that flat screen items can be kept cleaner and have fewer maintenance
problems for the long term, but, then, thinking is not usually long term
for technological things. So, I'm kind of like a cousin of mine, who has
said ever since being a kid, "I wonder what they are going to come up
with next?" Now that he's all grown up, he still says it.

Bye for now,

Carolyn

[...]

I would too. I have two girl friends, and one of them knows someone else
that all got them last week.

Bye for now,

Carolyn

[...]

Lenron

The major turn off about the Iphone Se for me was the shape and the
size. I could only picture how an IPhone with a keyboard would be.
Keyboard phones are pretty nice but after not using one for so many
years full time I find I don't need it as much as I thought.

--
Lenron Brown
Cell: 985-271-2832

Matt

Yes it is becoming a very hot little phone. People is even down grading to
it mostly the size factor. It does get great battery life as well. much
better than my iphone5s did. They say it will get better battery life than
the 6s. but I cannot speak to that since I never had a 6s.

Matt.from.florida@gmail.com

[...]

Well, I can get by without it it is not a deal breaker for sure! But it would be nice to have one !

Matt.from.florida@gmail.com

[...]

I looked in to the Black berry Very nice little phone if it had the
fingerprint reader it would have been mine. I wouldn't know about the
6s Battery. I have the 6s plus and my battery is normally good for 2
days. It also depends on how heavy I use the phone though.