emails going to junk

Hello there, allot of my emails go to junk I wonder how I can stop them, my group notification of a new member always goes to junk, I am using windows live mail. Any help would be grate thank you so much. 
Feel free to join us at the following address
angelsonges+subscribe@groups.io

Shirley and Nitro <shirley1980@...>

hi
this happens a lot with windows live mail. you could try changing to outlook express for windows, or microsoft outlook, or thunderbird. i use outlook express for windows and never have any problems like the one you describe.
shirley

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, May 04, 2016 9:34 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] emails going to junk

Hello there, allot of my emails go to junk I wonder how I can stop them, my group notification of a new member always goes to junk, I am using windows live mail. Any help would be grate thank you so much. 

No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2016.0.7596 / Virus Database: 4565/12163 - Release Date: 05/04/16

Gene

The reason it doesn't happen with Outlook Express is because it doesn't have a built-in spam filter.  You can turn off the spam filter in Windows Live Mail.  I'll have to look at the program and report how this is done later if no one does so first.

Gene

Sent: Wednesday, May 04, 2016 3:37 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] emails going to junk

hi
this happens a lot with windows live mail. you could try changing to outlook express for windows, or microsoft outlook, or thunderbird. i use outlook express for windows and never have any problems like the one you describe.
shirley
Sent: Wednesday, May 04, 2016 9:34 PM

No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2016.0.7596 / Virus Database: 4565/12163 - Release Date: 05/04/16

Gene

I am assuming you are using the ribbon version of Windows Live Mail. 
Open the menu with alt f.  The ribbon programs I've used have one menu. 
Down arrow to options and press enter.
Then Down arrow to safety options and press enter.
You are now in a list of radio buttons for determining the amount of filtering.
I believe the fastest way to get to the option you want is to up arrow.  Stop on no filtering.
Then tab to and activate the ok button. 

Gene

Sent: Wednesday, May 04, 2016 3:34 PM

Flor Lynch

A shortcut keys way of getting to that dialogue is: from the main program; alt f, o, s. I have mine set to low filtering.

Sent: Wednesday, May 04, 2016 10:32 PM
I believe the fastest way to get to the option you want is to up arrow.  Stop on no filtering.

Gene

Gene

I didn't provide the short cut because if the person isn't familiar with the structure of that part of the program, I wanted it to be seen.  it can be argued whether the short cut command should have been given. I often do, but I didn't at this time.  I probably would have but I thought the person wouldn't work in the part of the program often.

Gene

Sent: Saturday, May 07, 2016 4:00 PM

A shortcut keys way of getting to that dialogue is: from the main program; alt f, o, s. I have mine set to low filtering.

Gene

Flor Lynch

Gene,

For completeness, and reassurance that the environment there isn’t totally alien, etc.

I’m not sure how many experienced users would work in ‘that part of the program often’ either. For archival and record reasons, and the fact that others also might or would be reading the thread, I provided the keyboard sequence. Those sorts of optionbs, i.e., ‘safety options’, are “set-and-forget”, e.g., you set them up once, and rarely would have cause to revisit them.  

Sent: Saturday, May 07, 2016 10:48 PM
I didn't provide the short cut because if the person isn't familiar with the structure of that part of the program, I wanted it to be seen.  it can be argued whether the short cut command should have been given. I often do, but I didn't at this time.  I probably would have but I thought the person wouldn't work in the part of the program often.

Gene
Sent: Saturday, May 07, 2016 4:00 PM

Gene