OE Classic 28 ads even more accessibility

Robert Kingett <kingettr@...>

OE Classic is basically a cheaper, or free, if you don't want to pay to get the pro addition right away, OutLook express for modern versions of windows. The pro versions, from what I can tell, are just quick releases that the free folks will get anyway when the pro version hits the next level. They continue to improve their accessibility. The free version is on 27 now but when the pro version hits version 29, 28 will be free to download. A link to the news page is below followed by the change log in version 28. The developer told me they have been testing with NVDA, not JAWS. so, I am sure accessibility will improve even more.

https://www.oeclassic.com/news

And here is all the changes.

[2017-11-03] Option to import CSV file into existing or new address book folder
• [2017-11-03] Improved recognition of some data fields for CSV file import
• [2017-11-03] Import/Export window can be resized to fit more data
• [2017-11-03] Notification for Windows 2000/XP only about discontinuing contact form functionality, no changes for any newer versions of Windows
• [2017-11-06] Improved accessibility for Import/Export window
• [2017-11-07] Added multilingual support
• [2017-12-12] Message editor Check names now also validates emails inside groups
• [2017-12-14] Faster and more accurate email address validator
• [2017-12-14] Message editor Check names checks for duplicate recipients (in the same field)
• [2017-12-14] Message editor checks for duplicate attachments
• [2018-01-10] Added multilingual counting plural rules
• [2018-01-19] Option to set default message direction right-to-left
• [2018-01-21] Save As message saving now also offers HTML or Text formats
• [2018-01-27] Added 8 initial language files (Croatian, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Spanish)
• [2018-01-27] Improved accessibility for Contact/Group Properties, Account Properties, Message Edit, Message Viewer, Column Editor, Find
• [2018-01-28] Find window improvements - Include subfolders checkbox, folder Browse button, closing window by ESC key
• [2018-02-03] Custom folder colors (right click menu over folders)
Bug fixes
• [2017-12-07] No longer jumps to the top of Address Book when items are deleted (Address Book and Main window)
• [2018-01-29] Incorrect help shortcuts in the installation script

--

Robert Kingett, journalist. View my website below.

view my website here

Jim Rawls

Where can I get this? Jim

[...]

I provided a link to the news section, where you could have found the download link at the top of the page, but the below is a link to the direct download page. It has the free version and the pro version, which is the 28 version now. The free version, 27, is not as accessible. My guess is though that when the pro version hits 29 28 will be free.

https://www.oeclassic.com/download

Troy Burnham

Can filters be created in the free version?  I installed version 27 yesterday and there's a section for creating message filters or rules, but after I told it what to filter on I couldn't find where to tell it to send the messages to a certain folder.

Troy

On Feb 16, 2018, at 6:23 AM, Robert Kingett <kingettr@...> wrote:

I provided a link to the news section, where you could have found the download link at the top of the page, but the below is a link to the direct download page. It has the free version and the pro version, which is the 28 version now. The free version, 27, is not as accessible. My guess is though that when the pro version hits 29 28 will be free.

https://www.oeclassic.com/download

Howard Traxler <howard@...>

Have you actually used OE under windows10?  I may not have the same version, but every time microsoft updates my windows, it blows away my OE.  Something's gonna have to change here.
Howard

I provided a link to the news section, where you could have found the download link at the top of the page, but the below is a link to the direct download page. It has the free version and the pro version, which is the 28 version now. The free version, 27, is not as accessible. My guess is though that when the pro version hits 29 28 will be free.

https://www.oeclassic.com/download

Jim Rawls

No I haven’t. have you called Microsoft support about this? Jims

Have you actually used OE under windows10?  I may not have the same version, but every time microsoft updates my windows, it blows away my OE.  Something's gonna have to change here.

Howard

I provided a link to the news section, where you could have found the download link at the top of the page, but the below is a link to the direct download page. It has the free version and the pro version, which is the 28 version now. The free version, 27, is not as accessible. My guess is though that when the pro version hits 29 28 will be free.

https://www.oeclassic.com/download

Dennis L <dennisl1982@...>

OE classic and OutLook Express for win 7 8 and 10 are two different programs.

Sent from my Android phone using Aqua Mail

On February 16, 2018 1:00:47 PM "Jim Rawls" <jazzpiano@...> wrote:

No I haven’t. have you called Microsoft support about this? Jims

Have you actually used OE under windows10?  I may not have the same version, but every time microsoft updates my windows, it blows away my OE.  Something's gonna have to change here.

Howard

I provided a link to the news section, where you could have found the download link at the top of the page, but the below is a link to the direct download page. It has the free version and the pro version, which is the 28 version now. The free version, 27, is not as accessible. My guess is though that when the pro version hits 29 28 will be free.

https://www.oeclassic.com/download

Pamela Dominguez

You wouldn’t get any help from them, because they don’t support it.  Pam.