From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Fanus
Sent: Friday, February 16, 2018 9:04 AM
To:
main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] accessible device which can record from external source

Hello list

Usually I record from my hifi radio onto my pc when I am not at home. Every time I start my pc I have to unplug and replug the line in cable to be able to record. I tried to solve this problem but without any success. For quite a while I would not be able to use my right hand due to an operation and the position of my pc is such that I just can not succeed to unplug and replug with my left hand.. Now I am looking for an accessible portable or tabletop device which can record from an external source. Can someone recommend something?

Regards

Fanus

Laz

There are cheaper alternatives than a Victor Reader Stream such as the below:

http://www.talkingmp3players.com/Talking-Daisy-Book-Media-Player-Newest-Edition_p_111.html

Laz

On 2/17/18, Smiling? <blind7@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
You can simply use one of the several accessible standalone portable
players
to accomplish this such as the Victor Reader Stream second generation
which
will allow you to record to .wav for any later editing you may of had in
mind.

Usually I record from my hifi radio onto my pc when I am not at home. Every
time I start my pc I have to unplug and replug the line in cable to be able
to record. I tried to solve this problem but without any success. For quite
a while I would not be able to use my right hand due to an operation and
the
position of my pc is such that I just can not succeed to unplug and replug
with my left hand.. Now I am looking for an accessible portable or tabletop
device which can record from an external source. Can someone recommend
something?

Regards

Fanus

Bluetooth devices, and accessories
http://www.talkingmp3players.com/
Email: laz@talkingmp3players.com
Phone: 727-498-0121
Skype: lazmesa

Fanus

Hello Laz and list
I have been very tempted to purchase the device which you are selling but due to our bad exchange rate and the high cost of postage to South Africa it is just out of my reach. The other problem is, like with my bookSense, when the device has a technical problem it can not be repaired locally. I therefore am looking for something which is not specifically manufactured for the blind and which is locally available and which can be repaired locally.
Regards
Fanus

On 2/17/18, Smiling? <blind7@...> wrote:
> You can simply use one of the several accessible standalone portable
> players
> to accomplish this such as  the Victor Reader Stream second generation
> which
> will allow you to record to .wav for any later editing you may of had in
> mind.

Email: laz@...
Phone: 727-498-0121
Skype: lazmesa

TerriLynne Pomeroy <tl1@...>

Is there a deadline on the sale prices of the book readers

TerriLynne

--
Affordably priced Accessible Talking MP3 Players, Accessible phones, Bluetooth devices, and accessories http://www.talkingmp3players.com/
Email: laz@talkingmp3players.com
Phone: 727-498-0121
Skype: lazmesa

Laz

Hi TerriLynne,

No, not for the foreseeable future.

Laz

On 2/17/18, TerriLynne Pomeroy <tl1@ml1.net> wrote:
[...]

Carolyn Arnold

I just bought one, and it is on its way. In the meantime, I have watched a thorough video description by Laz demonstrating what the machine does and how to use it. It left me with a couple of questions, which he has already answered. I like the voices of Sally and Joey. They're more like TalkBack than Ryan and Heather on the Victor Reader.

Carolyn