Wireless Keyboard Recommendations?

Mike B. <mb69mach1@...>

Hi All,

I would like to get a wireless keyboard that's old school per say.  Y'all know, 102 / 104 keys, QWERTY style, 1 with 2 Start menu / Windows keys, 2 alt keys, an applications / context menu key, & a full NumPad.  I know I'm asking for a lot, but if any of y'all know of such an animal, would you please let me know the brand & model number?  All help will be greatly appreciated!  Thank y'all mooy moocho.
Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.
Arguing with a woman is like reading a software license agreement.  In the end you have to ignore everything, & click I agree.

Blackwell, Clifford

I have a Microsoft keyboard that meets all of these requirements.  It isn’t the lightest or thinnest, but it’s been very reliable.  I think it’s the 5000 model, but it’s at home and I’m not.  It was around $30 on Amazon when I bought it a couple years ago.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Mike B.
Sent: Friday, February 16, 2018 1:38 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] Wireless Keyboard Recommendations?

Hi All,

I would like to get a wireless keyboard that's old school per say.  Y'all know, 102 / 104 keys, QWERTY style, 1 with 2 Start menu / Windows keys, 2 alt keys, an applications / context menu key, & a full NumPad.  I know I'm asking for a lot, but if any of y'all know of such an animal, would you please let me know the brand & model number?  All help will be greatly appreciated!  Thank y'all mooy moocho.

Arguing with a woman is like reading a software license agreement.  In the end you have to ignore everything, & click I agree.

Jeffrey Schwartz

Mike,

I had just such a keyboard.  It was made by Logitech and came with a wireless mouse.  After a few weeks it failed to function.  I sent it back and  the replacement also failed in short order.  I suspect, however, that the problem was with my new laptop.  All of the ports were funky, e.g. it took half an hour to boot up with my scanner connected.  One night I got a ms download and all my problems were solved.

Jeff

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Mike B.
Sent: Friday, February 16, 2018 2:38 PM

Hi All,

Mike B. <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Clifford,

If & when you're at home, would you please find out the exact model number, if possible?  I did a search on Amazon for a Microsoft 5000 wireless keyboard, & the results weren't anything near what you mentioned.  Thank you very much for any help & feedback you can provide.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, February 16, 2018 11:53 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Wireless Keyboard Recommendations?

I have a Microsoft keyboard that meets all of these requirements.  It isn’t the lightest or thinnest, but it’s been very reliable.  I think it’s the 5000 model, but it’s at home and I’m not.  It was around $30 on Amazon when I bought it a couple years ago.

Hi All,

Mike B. <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Jeffrey,

If possible, could you provide the model number of the keyboard you have?  Logitech makes a great many keyboards, &  it would be nice to have a model number, if possible.  Thank you very much for your help.

Sent: Friday, February 16, 2018 11:54 AM

Mike,

I had just such a keyboard.  It was made by Logitech and came with a wireless mouse.  After a few weeks it failed to function.  I sent it back and  the replacement also failed in short order.  I suspect, however, that the problem was with my new laptop.  All of the ports were funky, e.g. it took half an hour to boot up with my scanner connected.  One night I got a ms download and all my problems were solved.

Jeff

Sent: Friday, February 16, 2018 2:38 PM

Hi All,

Olusegun -- Victory Associates LTD, Inc.

Lt. Gen. Mike B, I strongly recommend the Logitech MK270. It will typically
come with a mouse; as such, itt's a wireless keyboard and mouse combo. It
satisfies the requirements you listed; uses two AAA batteries. It also has
eight media keys above the F1-F12 keys. It comes with a nano-USB plug, just
plug it in and forget it! It is NOT bluetooth, works with Windows and, if
one uses an OTG cable, it can be used as a keyboard with a smartphone. In
fact, I do this time and time again.

About five years ago, my restless legs wandered into Microcenter; I found
about six of this keyboard on their shelf. I stole three at $19.99 each. I
use one at my home office, one at my store, and the third one is a backup.
I have not had to change the batteries since I grabbed this keyboard; in
fact, I am typing this message on it! If you were next door to me, I'll
bring the backup over for you to play with before making a purchase. But
you're too busy holding down the fort at your garrison, and I am too lazy to
move your tent!!

Anyway, I don't believe you'll regret grabbing the Logitech MK270; me thinks
you may be able to find it on Amazon, though I don't know the price at the
time of writing.

All the best sire, good luck hunting!!

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado

Marie <magpie.mn@...>

Mike,
I have the Microsoft wireless (rf not bt) and I like it so much I bought a spare so if this one dies I will have a backup. It has everything you listed in your message, is comfortable to use, and has a nice tactile feel to it. Comes with the wireless mouse which I keep handy just in case a sighted person is ever allowed contact with my PC.
Marie

Sent: Friday, February 16, 2018 11:38 AM

Hi All,

I would like to get a wireless keyboard that's old school per say.  Y'all know, 102 / 104 keys, QWERTY style, 1 with 2 Start menu / Windows keys, 2 alt keys, an applications / context menu key, & a full NumPad.  I know I'm asking for a lot, but if any of y'all know of such an animal, would you please let me know the brand & model number?  All help will be greatly appreciated!  Thank y'all mooy moocho.

Dane

Mike,

I am using a Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 2000.
It has the media buttons along the top above the function keys, volume play/pause etc. It also has all of the keys you referred to.
It didn't come with a mouse, and I think I paid around $30 about three or four years ago.
It is one solid molded piece with a rest for the heels of your hands.
If you need more info let me know. There is more info that has been rubbed off, and I can probably find it in my menus somewhedre if necessary.

Dane

Sent: Friday, February 16, 2018 2:10 PM

Hi Clifford,

If & when you're at home, would you please find out the exact model number, if possible?  I did a search on Amazon for a Microsoft 5000 wireless keyboard, & the results weren't anything near what you mentioned.  Thank you very much for any help & feedback you can provide.

Hi All,

Mike B. <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Marie,

Do you have a model number for it?  Thanks much.

Sent: Friday, February 16, 2018 12:46 PM

Mike,
I have the Microsoft wireless (rf not bt) and I like it so much I bought a spare so if this one dies I will have a backup. It has everything you listed in your message, is comfortable to use, and has a nice tactile feel to it. Comes with the wireless mouse which I keep handy just in case a sighted person is ever allowed contact with my PC.
Marie

Sent: Friday, February 16, 2018 11:38 AM

Hi All,

I would like to get a wireless keyboard that's old school per say.  Y'all know, 102 / 104 keys, QWERTY style, 1 with 2 Start menu / Windows keys, 2 alt keys, an applications / context menu key, & a full NumPad.  I know I'm asking for a lot, but if any of y'all know of such an animal, would you please let me know the brand & model number?  All help will be greatly appreciated!  Thank y'all mooy moocho.

Mike B. <mb69mach1@...>

Hi General Olusegun,

Thank you very much for this!  I'll definitely look into it!

Sent: Friday, February 16, 2018 12:42 PM

Lt. Gen. Mike B, I strongly recommend the Logitech MK270.  It will typically
come with a mouse; as such, itt's a wireless keyboard and mouse combo.  It
satisfies the requirements you listed; uses two AAA batteries.  It also has
eight media keys above the F1-F12 keys.  It comes with a nano-USB plug, just
plug it in and forget it!  It is NOT bluetooth, works with Windows and, if
one uses an OTG cable, it can be used as a keyboard with a smartphone.  In
fact, I do this time and time again. 

About five years ago, my restless legs wandered into Microcenter; I found
about six of this keyboard on their shelf.  I stole three at $19.99 each.  I
use one at my home office, one at my store, and the third one is a backup.
I have not had to change the batteries since I grabbed this keyboard; in
fact, I am typing this message on it!  If you were next door to me, I'll
bring the backup over for you to play with before making a purchase.  But
you're too busy holding down the fort at your garrison, and I am too lazy to
move your tent!!

Anyway, I don't believe you'll regret grabbing the Logitech MK270; me thinks
you may be able to find it on Amazon, though I don't know the price at the
time of writing. 

All the best sire, good luck hunting!!

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado  

Mike B. <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Dane,

Thank you very much for the suggestion!  I'll definitely check this out!  I have a USB powered 2000 & I love it!

Sent: Friday, February 16, 2018 1:20 PM

Mike,

I am using a Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 2000.
It has the media buttons along the top above the function keys, volume play/pause etc. It also has all of the keys you referred to.
It didn't come with a mouse, and I think I paid around $30 about three or four years ago.
It is one solid molded piece with a rest for the heels of your hands.
If you need more info let me know. There is more info that has been rubbed off, and I can probably find it in my menus somewhedre if necessary.

Dane

Sent: Friday, February 16, 2018 2:10 PM

Hi Clifford,

Hi All,

Blackwell, Clifford

Here’s the info.  It’s the same one that Dane mentioned.

Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 2000

Product ID 03561-545-5804056-31701

Sent: Friday, February 16, 2018 2:11 PM

Hi Clifford,

Hi All,

Mike B. <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Clifford,

Thank you very very much for the verification!

Sent: Friday, February 16, 2018 1:53 PM

Hi Clifford,

Hi All,

Marie <magpie.mn@...>

Mike,
this is the same one I have except mine is the duo with the mouse. Great keyboard and I have been using it for at least seven years with no issues whatsoever.
Marie

Hi Clifford,

Hi All,

Mike B. <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Marie,

Good deal, thanks for verifying.  I ordered 2 of them, they're getting hard to find on Amazon.  Amazon doesn't have any in stock, so I had to pay a little more from an outside vendor, but what the hell, at least I know what I'll be getting!  Shipping was free though.

Sent: Friday, February 16, 2018 3:36 PM

Mike,
this is the same one I have except mine is the duo with the mouse. Great keyboard and I have been using it for at least seven years with no issues whatsoever.
Marie

Hi Clifford,

Hi All,