Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 2000, Help

Mike B. <mb69mach1@...>

Hi All,

I received my wireless keyboards today, & I have 1 question.  Above the, F keys, there are some buttons / keys that perform certain functions / tasks.  If someone knows, would you please tell me what each of the buttons / keys do?  These keyboards are really nice, but I would like to label these buttons / keys beforeI press 1 of these keys, & all hell breaks loose!  LOL  LOL  The literature that came with the keyboards is absolutely worthless!  All help will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks mooy moocho.

Blaster

I'm not sure if this is the same thing or not, but when I got my
Logitech keyboard I needed to install a program called "set point'
which allowed me to choose what the extra keys above the function
keys did. The software was mostly accessible, not totally, but
accessible enough to get those keys setup.
I wonder if Microsoft has a similar software package?

HTH,
Blaster

On 2/20/18, Mike B. <mb69mach1@charter.net> wrote:
Hi All,

I received my wireless keyboards today, & I have 1 question. Above the, F
keys, there are some buttons / keys that perform certain functions / tasks.

If someone knows, would you please tell me what each of the buttons / keys
do? These keyboards are really nice, but I would like to label these
buttons / keys beforeI press 1 of these keys, & all hell breaks loose! LOL

LOL The literature that came with the keyboards is absolutely worthless!
All help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks mooy moocho.

Mike B. <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Blaster,

These keys are pre programmed to do certain things like mute, volume up / down, open your email client...
No software came with the keyboards, only a few worthless papers / booklets that talk about the warranty in 40 languages or more, & other totally useless crap!  LOL

I don't like to play with unknown keys because I got my self into some real serious trouble screwing around like that at 1 time, & I really don't want to put myself in that same predicament again if I can help it.  Thanks much.

On 2/20/18, Mike B. <mb69mach1@...> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I received my wireless keyboards today, & I have 1 question.  Above the, F
> keys, there are some buttons / keys that perform certain functions / tasks.
>
> If someone knows, would you please tell me what each of the buttons / keys
> do?  These keyboards are really nice, but I would like to label these
> buttons / keys beforeI press 1 of these keys, & all hell breaks loose!  LOL
>
> LOL  The literature that came with the keyboards is absolutely worthless!
> All help will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks mooy moocho.
> Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.
> Arguing with a woman is like reading a software license agreement.  In the
> end you have to ignore everything, & click I agree.

chris judge

Well, pressing the buttons won’t make hell brake loose. It’s a good way to find out what they do. Probably the only risk is that you’ll mute your sound, so it might be a good idea to make your screen reader speak after each button press. That way, you’ll know when you’ve found the mute button if such exists. Otherwise, you’ll probably just launch your browser and such.

These keys are pre programmed to do certain things like mute, volume up / down, open your email client...

No software came with the keyboards, only a few worthless papers / booklets that talk about the warranty in 40 languages or more, & other totally useless crap!  LOL

I don't like to play with unknown keys because I got my self into some real serious trouble screwing around like that at 1 time, & I really don't want to put myself in that same predicament again if I can help it.  Thanks much.

I'm not sure if this is the same thing or not, but when I got my
Logitech keyboard I needed to install a program called "set point'
which allowed me to choose what the extra keys above the function
keys did. The software was mostly accessible, not totally, but
accessible enough to get those keys setup.
I wonder if Microsoft has a similar software package?

HTH,
Blaster

On 2/20/18, Mike B. <mb69mach1@...> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I received my wireless keyboards today, & I have 1 question.  Above the, F
> keys, there are some buttons / keys that perform certain functions / tasks.
>
> If someone knows, would you please tell me what each of the buttons / keys
> do?  These keyboards are really nice, but I would like to label these
> buttons / keys beforeI press 1 of these keys, & all hell breaks loose!  LOL
>
> LOL  The literature that came with the keyboards is absolutely worthless!
> All help will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks mooy moocho.
> Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.
> Arguing with a woman is like reading a software license agreement.  In the
> end you have to ignore everything, & click I agree.

Mike B. <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Chris,

Okay, the 1st key to the left opens Internet Explorer & key #2 from the left opens my email client, & none of the rest do anything.  Is there a trick to make some of the keys mute, volume up / down....?  Like I said it didn't come with any software, & so far I haven't found any on the internet as well.  BTW, I'm running Windows 7 Pro 64 bit, IE11, & jaws, if that means anything.  Thanks much.

Sent: Wednesday, February 21, 2018 12:29 AM

Well, pressing the buttons won’t make hell brake loose. It’s a good way to find out what they do. Probably the only risk is that you’ll mute your sound, so it might be a good idea to make your screen reader speak after each button press. That way, you’ll know when you’ve found the mute button if such exists. Otherwise, you’ll probably just launch your browser and such.

These keys are pre programmed to do certain things like mute, volume up / down, open your email client...

No software came with the keyboards, only a few worthless papers / booklets that talk about the warranty in 40 languages or more, & other totally useless crap!  LOL

I don't like to play with unknown keys because I got my self into some real serious trouble screwing around like that at 1 time, & I really don't want to put myself in that same predicament again if I can help it.  Thanks much.

I'm not sure if this is the same thing or not, but when I got my
Logitech keyboard I needed to install a program called "set point'
which allowed me to choose what the extra keys above the function
keys did. The software was mostly accessible, not totally, but
accessible enough to get those keys setup.
I wonder if Microsoft has a similar software package?

HTH,
Blaster

On 2/20/18, Mike B. <mb69mach1@...> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I received my wireless keyboards today, & I have 1 question.  Above the, F
> keys, there are some buttons / keys that perform certain functions / tasks.
>
> If someone knows, would you please tell me what each of the buttons / keys
> do?  These keyboards are really nice, but I would like to label these
> buttons / keys beforeI press 1 of these keys, & all hell breaks loose!  LOL
>
> LOL  The literature that came with the keyboards is absolutely worthless!
> All help will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks mooy moocho.
> Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.
> Arguing with a woman is like reading a software license agreement.  In the
> end you have to ignore everything, & click I agree.

chris judge

Not sure. The one I have has a button for internet, email, and three that do volume up, down and mute.

Not sure how to configure the rest.

BTW, awesome signature.

Sent: Wednesday, February 21, 2018 12:29 AM

Well, pressing the buttons won’t make hell brake loose. It’s a good way to find out what they do. Probably the only risk is that you’ll mute your sound, so it might be a good idea to make your screen reader speak after each button press. That way, you’ll know when you’ve found the mute button if such exists. Otherwise, you’ll probably just launch your browser and such.

These keys are pre programmed to do certain things like mute, volume up / down, open your email client...

No software came with the keyboards, only a few worthless papers / booklets that talk about the warranty in 40 languages or more, & other totally useless crap!  LOL

I don't like to play with unknown keys because I got my self into some real serious trouble screwing around like that at 1 time, & I really don't want to put myself in that same predicament again if I can help it.  Thanks much.

I'm not sure if this is the same thing or not, but when I got my
Logitech keyboard I needed to install a program called "set point'
which allowed me to choose what the extra keys above the function
keys did. The software was mostly accessible, not totally, but
accessible enough to get those keys setup.
I wonder if Microsoft has a similar software package?

HTH,
Blaster

On 2/20/18, Mike B. <mb69mach1@...> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I received my wireless keyboards today, & I have 1 question.  Above the, F
> keys, there are some buttons / keys that perform certain functions / tasks.
>
> If someone knows, would you please tell me what each of the buttons / keys
> do?  These keyboards are really nice, but I would like to label these
> buttons / keys beforeI press 1 of these keys, & all hell breaks loose!  LOL
>
> LOL  The literature that came with the keyboards is absolutely worthless!
> All help will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks mooy moocho.
> Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.
> Arguing with a woman is like reading a software license agreement.  In the
> end you have to ignore everything, & click I agree.

Richard <thegothot@...>

I've never heard Jaws identify any keys on a keyboard past the standard keys
and the numeric keypad.
I have had several keyboards in the past with extra keys, and the only way to identify their function was to press them and see what happens.
Many times these extra keys are visually identified by symbols and not words.

Rick

Sent: Wednesday, February 21, 2018 12:29 AM

Well, pressing the buttons won’t make hell brake loose. It’s a good way to find out what they do. Probably the only risk is that you’ll mute your sound, so it might be a good idea to make your screen reader speak after each button press. That way, you’ll know when you’ve found the mute button if such exists. Otherwise, you’ll probably just launch your browser and such.

These keys are pre programmed to do certain things like mute, volume up / down, open your email client...

No software came with the keyboards, only a few worthless papers / booklets that talk about the warranty in 40 languages or more, & other totally useless crap!  LOL

I don't like to play with unknown keys because I got my self into some real serious trouble screwing around like that at 1 time, & I really don't want to put myself in that same predicament again if I can help it.  Thanks much.

I'm not sure if this is the same thing or not, but when I got my
Logitech keyboard I needed to install a program called "set point'
which allowed me to choose what the extra keys above the function
keys did. The software was mostly accessible, not totally, but
accessible enough to get those keys setup.
I wonder if Microsoft has a similar software package?

HTH,
Blaster

On 2/20/18, Mike B. <mb69mach1@...> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I received my wireless keyboards today, & I have 1 question.  Above the, F
> keys, there are some buttons / keys that perform certain functions / tasks.
>
> If someone knows, would you please tell me what each of the buttons / keys
> do?  These keyboards are really nice, but I would like to label these
> buttons / keys beforeI press 1 of these keys, & all hell breaks loose!  LOL
>
> LOL  The literature that came with the keyboards is absolutely worthless!
> All help will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks mooy moocho.
> Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.
> Arguing with a woman is like reading a software license agreement.  In the
> end you have to ignore everything, & click I agree.

Blaster

Hey Mike, I should have mentioned that my Logitech extra keys were
also pre-programmed with similar function, but to make them do what I
wanted I needed to install the set point software. I found a link to
Microsoft's software called "keyboard & mouse center", here's the
link:

https://www.microsoft.com/accessories/en-us/d/wireless-keyboard-2000

I hope it's more accessible than the Logitech software. At least
usable enough to get those keys working.

HTH,
Blaster

On 2/20/18, Mike B. <mb69mach1@charter.net <mailto:mb69mach1@charter.net> >
wrote:
Hi All,

I received my wireless keyboards today, & I have 1 question. Above the,
keys, there are some buttons / keys that perform certain functions /
tasks.

If someone knows, would you please tell me what each of the buttons /
keys
do? These keyboards are really nice, but I would like to label these
buttons / keys beforeI press 1 of these keys, & all hell breaks loose!
LOL

LOL The literature that came with the keyboards is absolutely worthless!
All help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks mooy moocho.
Arguing with a woman is like reading a software license agreement. In
the

Blackwell, Clifford

They are media functions.  The further one to the right is volumn up and the one to it’s immediate left is volumn down.  Those are pretty much the only ones I use, but I know there’s a pause, a track up, a track down and I think a couple of fast forward/reverse keys.  Mine is at home and I’ll try to get you a better list of what they do tomorrow.