Help Please, having trouble with Windows Mail, hearing unread collapsed or expanded

rhonda

Hello,i'm using Windows Mail and windows vista,
 and  I've recently noticed when I'm trying to read my messages,
 I'm getting Unread collapsed, and or  expanded
can someone help me on  how to fix that if possible?
Thank you in advance.

Psalm 118:24
This is the day the Lord has made;
We will rejoice and be glad in it
(KJV)

'If you pray about it,
 don't worry about it.
 If you're going to worry about it,
 don't pray about it.
Because it is all in the divine order.

Mike B. <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Rhonda,

See if the steps below will get your settings straightened out.

Below are the steps for checking or unchecking the group messages by conversation option.
1. Press Alt +V, for the view menu.
2. Press enter on current view, or press the letter V.
3. Arrow up to group messages by conbersation, & press enter to check or uncheck this option.

Pressing enter will check or uncheck the option & will also take you out of the view menu.

the way most people accidentally end up with the group messages by conversation checked is by pressing control + H. This is not a toggle. It will group the messages by pressing this keystroke, but will not ungroup them. the only way to ungroup them is thru the View menu.
If you go to Tools / Options / control + tab to the Read tab, / you can tab to Automatically expand grouped messages & check this box to automatically expand messages that are collapsed by the group messages by conversation option.

Hello,i'm using Windows Mail and windows vista,
 and  I've recently noticed when I'm trying to read my messages,
 I'm getting Unread collapsed, and or  expanded
can someone help me on  how to fix that if possible?
Thank you in advance.

Psalm 118:24
This is the day the Lord has made;
We will rejoice and be glad in it
(KJV)

'If you pray about it,
 don't worry about it.
 If you're going to worry about it,
 don't pray about it.
Because it is all in the divine order.

rhonda

thanks much, all is back to like I'm use too hearing.
Didn't want to hear either collapse or expand,.
just wanted to hear unread or read.
All is good now.

[...]

chris judge

Hi. It sounds like you have the Show messages in groups option checked. I don’t have vista in front of me, but if I recall correctly the interface is much like the old outlook express for xp. If you browse through the view menu you should find something like, show in groups. This will likely be checked. Press the enter key to uncheck this, and things should be fine.