From: Mike B.
Sent: Thursday, March 1, 2018 9:04 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] Talking Thermometers Suggestions

Hi All,

I know there are dozens of talking thermostats out there, & know where to find them, but I would like to get referrals for brands & models of some good ones with clear speaking voices that you all have experience with.  All help will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks much.

Take care.  Mike.  Go Dodgers!
Sennt from my iBarstool.
Arguing with a woman is like reading a software license agreement.  In the end you have to ignore everything, & click I agree

Michael Boyd <mike122061@...>

Hello Mike,

I find that the VIP works great. I believe the latest model runs around $279, but you should purchase a model that is compatible with your unit. Here in the south, I             just have a single stage unit with an electric A/C and a gas furnace, and I think I paid around $149 for my thermostat.

You should purchase this thermostat directly from the distributor, though they are sold by other people. Their website is:

https://www.talkingthermostats.com/blind.shtml

There is voice guidance for everything from setting up and programming the thermostat to a reminder of when to change the filter.

Michael

I know there are dozens of talking thermostats out there, & know where to find them, but I would like to get referrals for brands & models of some good ones with clear speaking voices that you all have experience with.  All help will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks much.

Take care.  Mike.  Go Dodgers!
Sennt from my iBarstool.
Arguing with a woman is like reading a software license agreement.  In the end you have to ignore everything, & click I agree

Mike B. <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Robin,

Now you see why I need a talking thermometer!  Thank you for poiting out my screw-up.  If you know of a clear speaking reliable brand & model, would you please let me know?
Take care.  Mike.  Go Dodgers!
Sennt from my iBarstool.
Arguing with a woman is like reading a software license agreement.  In the end you have to ignore everything, & click I agree

I’m confused you ask about thermostats but your subject line indicates thermometers so are you looking for thermostats to control heating and cooling systems thermometers for body temperature? Thermometers for in-door or out-door temperature or cooking thermometers.
Robin

I know there are dozens of talking thermostats out there, & know where to find them, but I would like to get referrals for brands & models of some good ones with clear speaking voices that you all have experience with.  All help will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks much.

Take care.  Mike.  Go Dodgers!
Sennt from my iBarstool.
Arguing with a woman is like reading a software license agreement.  In the end you have to ignore everything, & click I agree

Mike B. <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Michael,

We do use the VIP 3000 thermostats in both our homes, but I really screwed up in the message, the subject line is correct.  I'm looking for a clear speaking reliable thermometer.  Sorry for the confusion.

Take care.  Mike.  Go Dodgers!
Sennt from my iBarstool.
Arguing with a woman is like reading a software license agreement.  In the end you have to ignore everything, & click I agree

I know there are dozens of talking thermostats out there, & know where to find them, but I would like to get referrals for brands & models of some good ones with clear speaking voices that you all have experience with.  All help will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks much.

Take care.  Mike.  Go Dodgers!
Sennt from my iBarstool.
Arguing with a woman is like reading a software license agreement.  In the end you have to ignore everything, & click I agree

Eleni Vamvakari

But again. Do you need a thermometer or a thermostat? They are two
completely different things. Do you wish to take your body
temperature or to control the temperature in your house?

--
Facebook: elvam2167@gmail.com

anyaudio.net: elvam2167

Skype: elvam2167

Mike B. <mb69mach1@...>

A thermometer for measuring body temperature is what I need.  Not a thermostat for measuring & controlling household temperature.

On 02/03/2018, Mike B. <mb69mach1@...> wrote:
> Hi Robin,
>
> Now you see why I need a talking thermometer!  Thank you for poiting out my
>
> screw-up.  If you know of a clear speaking reliable brand & model, would you
>
> please let me know?
> Take care.  Mike.  Go Dodgers!
> Sennt from my iBarstool.
> Arguing with a woman is like reading a software license agreement.  In the
> end you have to ignore everything, & click I agree

I apologise. GMail was being silly, and for some reason, I didn't see
the message that you sent before I posted.

[...]

Gerald Levy

  Check out the Health Smart DigiScan Talking InfraredForehead/Ear Thermometer, which is available on Amazon.com for under$34.  It runs on two easily replaceable AAA batteries and is very easy to use.  You simply place the probe against your forehead, press a button, and the unit instantly announces your body temperature in a clear female voice.  Alternately, you can remove the probe and stick the tip into your ear canal for a more accurate reading.  This thermometer also has a talking clock function which can be set without sighted help, and can announce the current time and room temperature:

Avoid oral thermometers like the ones sold by ILA and Maxi-Aids.  Their batteries are not replaceable, and they always seem to die just when you’re not feeling well and need to take your temperature.

Gerald

But again.  Do you need a thermometer or a thermostat?  They are two
completely different things.  Do you wish to take your body
temperature or to control the temperature in your house?

On 02/03/2018, Mike B. <mb69mach1@...> wrote:
> Hi Robin,
>
> Now you see why I need a talking thermometer!  Thank you for poiting out my
>
> screw-up.  If you know of a clear speaking reliable brand & model, would you
>
> please let me know?
> Take care.  Mike.  Go Dodgers!
> Sennt from my iBarstool.
> Arguing with a woman is like reading a software license agreement.  In the
> end you have to ignore everything, & click I agree

Bob J

Mike,

Check Amazon for the following:

Eco4us - Non-Contact Infrared Talking Thermometer Large Backlit LCD Display 3 Languages. Reads Body, Surface, & Room Temperature
I have one of these and I have checked it against body temperature readings taken by some visiting nurses.  It was always within one or two tenths of a degree when compared  with their readings.

hth

Bob

But again.  Do you need a thermometer or a thermostat?  They are two
completely different things.  Do you wish to take your body
temperature or to control the temperature in your house?

On 02/03/2018, Mike B. <mb69mach1@...> wrote:
> Hi Robin,
>
> Now you see why I need a talking thermometer!  Thank you for poiting out my
>
> screw-up.  If you know of a clear speaking reliable brand & model, would you
>
> please let me know?
> Take care.  Mike.  Go Dodgers!
> Sennt from my iBarstool.
> Arguing with a woman is like reading a software license agreement.  In the
> end you have to ignore everything, & click I agree

Pamela Dominguez

Okay sorry; I just got this, so ignore my question.  Pam.

But again.  Do you need a thermometer or a thermostat?  They are two
completely different things.  Do you wish to take your body
temperature or to control the temperature in your house?

On 02/03/2018, Mike B. <mb69mach1@...> wrote:
> Hi Robin,
>
> Now you see why I need a talking thermometer!  Thank you for poiting out my
>
> screw-up.  If you know of a clear speaking reliable brand & model, would you
>
> please let me know?
> Take care.  Mike.  Go Dodgers!
> Sennt from my iBarstool.
> Arguing with a woman is like reading a software license agreement.  In the
> end you have to ignore everything, & click I agree

Hi Bob & Gerald,

Thank you very very much for the referrals.  I sure wish I wouldn't have waited to have caught this damn flu before buying one of these gems!

Take care.  Mike.  Go Dodgers!
Sennt from my iBarstool.
Arguing with a woman is like reading a software license agreement.  In the end you have to ignore everything, & click I agree

But again.  Do you need a thermometer or a thermostat?  They are two
completely different things.  Do you wish to take your body
temperature or to control the temperature in your house?

On 02/03/2018, Mike B. <mb69mach1@...> wrote:
> Hi Robin,
>
> Now you see why I need a talking thermometer!  Thank you for poiting out my
>
> screw-up.  If you know of a clear speaking reliable brand & model, would you
>
> please let me know?
> Take care.  Mike.  Go Dodgers!
> Sennt from my iBarstool.
> Arguing with a woman is like reading a software license agreement.  In the
> end you have to ignore everything, & click I agree

Kimsan

I’m scheduled to get central heating and cooling here in the next month or two.

How would I know which is compatible?

All I see on the page you linked was one for 189 dollars.

I would like to purchase it before everything is installed.

If you are a wrestling fan, I invite you to visit my wrestling site for blogs and podcasts by navigating to: http://www.therasslincafe.com/

Also, you may like our page on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/TheRasslinCafe/ or join us on twitter @TheRasslinCafe

I know there are dozens of talking thermostats out there, & know where to find them, but I would like to get referrals for brands & models of some good ones with clear speaking voices that you all have experience with.  All help will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks much.

Take care.  Mike.  Go Dodgers!
Sennt from my iBarstool.
Arguing with a woman is like reading a software license agreement.  In the end you have to ignore everything, & click I agree

Mike B. <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Kimsan,

You will need to know if the heating function of the central air system will be gas or electric.  The VIP 3000 will do the trick, but like I said there are certain things that need to be known first.  I run a VIP 3000 on the heat pump in my office / workout room, & we run a 2nd of the same thermostat for the rest of the house which uses a 4 ton AC & gas heat central air system.  It's all in how you make the settings selections on the thermostat itself, but the technician needs to know what the hell they're doing!  I've ran into more than one that thought just because it was a talking thermostat that it needed to be treated very differently.