From: Carolyn Arnold [mailto:4carolyna@windstream.net]
Sent: 01 September 2015 20:20
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] using Jaws 15 how to stop it from saying block quote

What is this about HTML. Mine is set on plain text.

Best from,

Carolyn

From: "Walter Ramage" <wpr@blueyonder.co.uk
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Date sent: Tue, 1 Sep 2015 20:32:27 +0100
Subject: [TechTalk] unusual file extension

Hi all. I have a number of old files on my computer and I've just
re-discovered them after a few years. The problem is, I can't open them.
The file extension is.vmg and this is an old Nokia text message format.
Does anybody know how I can open these files, at least long enough to try
and save them as text files? I really don't want to purchase any software
if I can avoid it because I don't know if what's in these files would
warrant spending a lot of money on it and in any case, If I managed to save
the files as text files then I could delete the originals and then the
software would become redundant. Is there an on line service that will open
them and allow me to at least read them. With thanks. Walter.

What is this about HTML. Mine is set on plain text.

Best from,

Carolyn

I have a second Jaws question. On the computer I'm using Jaws is saying
block quote, and the person who helped me set mine up on my own computers
set it to not say this. I thought it might be in graphics or attributes but
not having luck getting rid of it. I hope someone can help.

Joanne

Walter Ramage

Hi. Just after I sent the mail, I thought of that myself and I can at least
open the file and I can save it as a text doc. Ah you see, great minds
think alike LOL. Walter.

Try notepad? Rename the extention to txt, and try. This, for me,
I'm able to read almost anything this way.

Sent from a BrailleNote

What is this about HTML. Mine is set on plain text.

Best from,

Carolyn

I have a second Jaws question. On the computer I'm using Jaws is
saying
block quote, and the person who helped me set mine up on my own
computers
set it to not say this. I thought it might be in graphics or
attributes but
not having luck getting rid of it. I hope someone can help.

Joanne

Rajmund <brajmund2000@...>

i,
Well, glad it worod.

Hi. Just after I sent the mail, I thought of that myself and I can at least
open the file and I can save it as a text doc. Ah you see, great minds
think alike LOL. Walter.

Try notepad? Rename the extention to txt, and try. This, for me,
I'm able to read almost anything this way.

Sent from a BrailleNote

What is this about HTML. Mine is set on plain text.

Best from,

Carolyn

I have a second Jaws question. On the computer I'm using Jaws is
saying
block quote, and the person who helped me set mine up on my own
computers
set it to not say this. I thought it might be in graphics or
attributes but
not having luck getting rid of it. I hope someone can help.

Joanne

Sent from a Braille Sense

ratshtron <northstar1950@...>

well, if you still have nokia pc suite, you can open them with that. you may also try changing the .vmg to .txt and then open them with notepad and see if you can get the text out of the files.

<http://www.sendspace.com/folder/i7xwg4>Click here to check out my sendspace offerings!