From: "Blaster" <blaster@samobile.net>
Sent: Wednesday, September 02, 2015 9:42 AM
To: <TechTalk@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Additional Free Voices for NVDA

You can get the updated speech runtime update and extra voices from this link:

http://pamgriffith.net/blog/alternative-voices-for-nvda/

I like the zira pro voice myself,
Blaster

Carlos

For voices which are specifically for NVDA, the version of Windows you are running is usually not relevant.

From: Blaster <blaster@samobile.net>
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Date: Wednesday, September 2, 2015 10:42

You can get the updated speech runtime update and extra voices from this link:

http://pamgriffith.net/blog/alternative-voices-for-nvda/

I like the zira pro voice myself,
Blaster

com=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Groups.io Links:

Mute This Thread: https://groups.io/mt/134943?uid=11729

Group Home: https://groups.io/org/groupsio/TechTalk
Contact Group Owner: TechTalk+owner@groups.io
com=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

heather albright

I do not know, but, if you have jaws, can you use Eloquence  with NVDA? After all, you bought jaws that came with Eloquence so, can you not use it with NVDA on your own PC? Heather

On my old XP PC, I was able to use Eloquence as my default voice for NVDA because I also happened to have Open Book 7 installed as well.  But on my current Windows 7 PC, the only default voices available for NVDA are Microsoft Anna or ESpeak, neither of which appeals to me because they are not especially clear or responsive.  I am well aware that Eloquence is not available legally as a free voice for NVDA in Win 7, so I won’t even bother to get into a discussion about this sensitive issue.  In any case, are there any other free voices available for NVDA that are clearer and more responsive than Anna or ESpeak?  Thanks.

Gerald

Carlos

No not legally.  Having a license to use Eloquence with JAWS is not necessarily a license to use it with other products.

I do not know, but, if you have jaws, can you use Eloquence  with NVDA? After all, you bought jaws that came with Eloquence so, can you not use it with NVDA on your own PC? Heather
On my old XP PC, I was able to use Eloquence as my default voice for NVDA because I also happened to have Open Book 7 installed as well.  But on my current Windows 7 PC, the only default voices available for NVDA are Microsoft Anna or ESpeak, neither of which appeals to me because they are not especially clear or responsive.  I am well aware that Eloquence is not available legally as a free voice for NVDA in Win 7, so I won’t even bother to get into a discussion about this sensitive issue.  In any case, are there any other free voices available for NVDA that are clearer and more responsive than Anna or ESpeak?  Thanks.

Gerald

Gerald Levy

How do you install these voices? Do you first have to launch NVDA and then downloadthe Speech Platform Run Time and Redistributable Language Packs? Or can I download these apps using JAWS before switching to NVDA?

Gerald

From: "Gene" <gsasner@ripco.com
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Date sent: Wed, 2 Sep 2015 10:14:45 -0500