BARD Outage


Beth
 

This is the latest I have on Bard from Colorado's Talking Book Library, and I'm going to literally fudge the Congress people if they can't get us back our books soon. No more errors! Please!
Beth


-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: BARD Outage
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2015 10:18:37 -0600
From: Teresa Kalber <kalber_t@...>
To: Beth Taurasi <thebluesisloose@...>


Good morning,

If you are a BARD user you may have noticed that the BARD website and mobile app have not been accessible over the last day. The following is a message from the National Library Service regarding this issue:

“NLS is experiencing technical problems with communication channels administered by the Library of Congress that are necessary to run BARD. We are making every effort to fix the problem and restore service.”

This is all the information we have at the present time.

We will send out another message as soon as BARD is back up and running.

Thank you for your patience and understanding!

Sincerely,

Colorado Talking Book Library

 



Teresa Kalber
Network Systems Administrator
Colorado Talking Book Library
303.727.9277  |  Mobile   |  Fax 303.727.9281  |  Toll-free 1.800.685.2136
Kalber_T@...  |  www.myctbl.org
180 Sheridan Boulevard, Denver, CO 80226


     

Email cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses.  Therefore, email cannot be used to transfer files containing personally identifiable information of educators or students.  Contact the intended recipient to mutually determine enhanced security options for transferring such information.




Barb O'Connor
 


Does anyone know why some libraries get this kind of information out to us?  MN has done nothing and, I'm not bothering to call them as you usually get routed to their voicemail where they don't bother to call you back.  Rather frustrating.
 
Barb

----- Original Message -----
From: Beth
Sent: Wednesday, September 02, 2015 12:40 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] Fwd: BARD Outage

This is the latest I have on Bard from Colorado's Talking Book Library, and I'm going to literally fudge the Congress people if they can't get us back our books soon. No more errors! Please!
Beth


-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: BARD Outage
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2015 10:18:37 -0600
From: Teresa Kalber <kalber_t@...>
To: Beth Taurasi <thebluesisloose@...>


Good morning,

If you are a BARD user you may have noticed that the BARD website and mobile app have not been accessible over the last day. The following is a message from the National Library Service regarding this issue:

“NLS is experiencing technical problems with communication channels administered by the Library of Congress that are necessary to run BARD. We are making every effort to fix the problem and restore service.”

This is all the information we have at the present time.

We will send out another message as soon as BARD is back up and running.

Thank you for your patience and understanding!

Sincerely,

Colorado Talking Book Library



Teresa Kalber
Network Systems Administrator
Colorado Talking Book Library
303.727.9277  |  Mobile   |  Fax 303.727.9281  |  Toll-free 1.800.685.2136
Kalber_T@...  |  www.myctbl.org
180 Sheridan Boulevard, Denver, CO 80226


     

Email cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses.  Therefore, email cannot be used to transfer files containing personally identifiable information of educators or students.  Contact the intended recipient to mutually determine enhanced security options for transferring such information.




Marie <magpie.mn@...>
 

Beth,
I understand your frustration with the Bard site but you must admit they have done a very creditable job of providing us with the digital books and the mobile app which is great. I would think we could have a little patience with their current difficulties. I am sure they are working hard to fix the problems and will have the site up as soon as they can.
Marie
.
 
 

From: Beth
Sent: Wednesday, September 02, 2015 10:40 AM
Subject: [TechTalk] Fwd: BARD Outage
 
This is the latest I have on Bard from Colorado's Talking Book Library, and I'm going to literally fudge the Congress people if they can't get us back our books soon. No more errors! Please!
Beth


-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: BARD Outage
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2015 10:18:37 -0600
From: Teresa Kalber mailto:kalber_t@...
To: Beth Taurasi mailto:thebluesisloose@...


Good morning,

If you are a BARD user you may have noticed that the BARD website and mobile app have not been accessible over the last day. The following is a message from the National Library Service regarding this issue:

“NLS is experiencing technical problems with communication channels administered by the Library of Congress that are necessary to run BARD. We are making every effort to fix the problem and restore service.”

This is all the information we have at the present time.

We will send out another message as soon as BARD is back up and running.

Thank you for your patience and understanding!

Sincerely,

Colorado Talking Book Library

 



Teresa Kalber
Network Systems Administrator
Colorado Talking Book Library
303.727.9277  |  Mobile   |  Fax 303.727.9281  |  Toll-free 1.800.685.2136
Kalber_T@...  |  www.myctbl.org
180 Sheridan Boulevard, Denver, CO 80226
Colorado
          Department of Education Logo

Facebook
          Icon  Twitter Icon  YouTube Icon  Linkedin
          Icon

Email cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses.  Therefore, email cannot be used to transfer files containing personally identifiable information of educators or students.  Contact the intended recipient to mutually determine enhanced security options for transferring such information.


 


Merv Keck <blind5sparrow@...>
 

Hi,

Although I am a registered BARD user, I tend to use bookshare most of the time, therefore I know very little about how NLS works on the web and my iPhone. However, I did see an FCC bulletin that may or may not be related stating that a major upgrade to some Federal databases would be happening between September second and September 8th. Therefore, many FCC related services with what they termed as web-facing interfaces would be affected. This notice that I read did not mention BARD but since it is apparently widespread and is a result of some major upgrades on the national level servers I am wondering if BARD is affected.

 

From: Marie [mailto:magpie.mn@...]
Sent: Wednesday, September 2, 2015 5:34 PM
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Fwd: BARD Outage

 

Beth,

I understand your frustration with the Bard site but you must admit they have done a very creditable job of providing us with the digital books and the mobile app which is great. I would think we could have a little patience with their current difficulties. I am sure they are working hard to fix the problems and will have the site up as soon as they can.

Marie

.

 

 

From: Beth

Sent: Wednesday, September 02, 2015 10:40 AM

Subject: [TechTalk] Fwd: BARD Outage

 

This is the latest I have on Bard from Colorado's Talking Book Library, and I'm going to literally fudge the Congress people if they can't get us back our books soon. No more errors! Please!
Beth



-------- Forwarded Message --------

Subject:

BARD Outage

Date:

Wed, 2 Sep 2015 10:18:37 -0600

From:

Teresa Kalber mailto:kalber_t@...

To:

Beth Taurasi mailto:thebluesisloose@...




Good morning,

If you are a BARD user you may have noticed that the BARD website and mobile app have not been accessible over the last day. The following is a message from the National Library Service regarding this issue:

“NLS is experiencing technical problems with communication channels administered by the Library of Congress that are necessary to run BARD. We are making every effort to fix the problem and restore service.”

This is all the information we have at the present time.

We will send out another message as soon as BARD is back up and running.

Thank you for your patience and understanding!

Sincerely,

Colorado Talking Book Library

 



Teresa Kalber
Network Systems Administrator
Colorado Talking Book Library
303.727.9277  |  Mobile   |  Fax 303.727.9281  |  Toll-free 1.800.685.2136
Kalber_T@...  |  www.myctbl.org
180 Sheridan Boulevard, Denver, CO 80226



     

Email cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses.  Therefore, email cannot be used to transfer files containing personally identifiable information of educators or students.  Contact the intended recipient to mutually determine enhanced security options for transferring such information.

 

 


 

I understand the frustrations since I am frustrated also ... mainly
because I got a glimpse of the recent additions and there were some
books I've been waiting on there. Lol luckily I am a heavy bookshare
user and also get a lot of books via kindle--freebies and stuff from
authors I like--so I have a bunch of books to tide me over until BARD
is back up. Luckily also for me I have some books on my BARD app
already. I just think of this as a good time to whittle down my TBR
pile some. :)

Melissa

On 9/2/15, Merv Keck <blind5sparrow@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

Although I am a registered BARD user, I tend to use bookshare most of the
time, therefore I know very little about how NLS works on the web and my
iPhone. However, I did see an FCC bulletin that may or may not be related
stating that a major upgrade to some Federal databases would be happening
between September second and September 8th. Therefore, many FCC related
services with what they termed as web-facing interfaces would be affected..
This notice that I read did not mention BARD but since it is apparently
widespread and is a result of some major upgrades on the national level
servers I am wondering if BARD is affected.



From: Marie [mailto:magpie.mn@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 2, 2015 5:34 PM
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Fwd: BARD Outage



Beth,

I understand your frustration with the Bard site but you must admit they
have done a very creditable job of providing us with the digital books and
the mobile app which is great. I would think we could have a little patience
with their current difficulties. I am sure they are working hard to fix the
problems and will have the site up as soon as they can.

Marie

..





From: Beth <mailto:thebluesisloose@gmail.com>

Sent: Wednesday, September 02, 2015 10:40 AM

To: TechTalk@groups.io <mailto:TechTalk@groups.io>

Subject: [TechTalk] Fwd: BARD Outage



This is the latest I have on Bard from Colorado's Talking Book Library, and
I'm going to literally fudge the Congress people if they can't get us back
our books soon. No more errors! Please!
Beth



-------- Forwarded Message --------


Subject:

BARD Outage


Date:

Wed, 2 Sep 2015 10:18:37 -0600


From:

Teresa Kalber mailto:kalber_t@cde.state.co.us


To:

Beth Taurasi mailto:thebluesisloose@gmail.com






Good morning,

If you are a BARD user you may have noticed that the BARD website and mobile
app have not been accessible over the last day. The following is a message
from the National Library Service regarding this issue:

“NLS is experiencing technical problems with communication channels
administered by the Library of Congress that are necessary to run BARD. We
are making every effort to fix the problem and restore service.”

This is all the information we have at the present time.

We will send out another message as soon as BARD is back up and running.

Thank you for your patience and understanding!

Sincerely,

Colorado Talking Book Library





Teresa Kalber
Network Systems Administrator
Colorado Talking Book Library
303.727.9277 | Mobile | Fax 303.727.9281 | Toll-free 1.800.685.2136
Kalber_T@cde.state.co.us <mailto:Kalber_T@cde.state.co.us> |
www.myctbl.org <http://www.myctbl.org>
180 Sheridan Boulevard, Denver, CO 80226
<http://www.cde.state.co.us>

<https://www.facebook.com/codepted> <https://twitter.com/codepted>
<http://www.youtube.com/codeptofed>
<http://www.linkedin.com/company/colorado-department-of-education/>

Email cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could
be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or
contain viruses. Therefore, email cannot be used to transfer files
containing personally identifiable information of educators or students.
Contact the intended recipient to mutually determine enhanced security
options for transferring such information.








Stan Bobbitt
 

I’m here in NC and not a word from the state library ... ain’t like they haven’t had my email for years and years
 

Sent: Wednesday, September 02, 2015 2:49 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Fwd: BARD Outage
 
Does anyone know why some libraries get this kind of information out to us?  MN has done nothing and, I'm not bothering to call them as you usually get routed to their voicemail where they don't bother to call you back.  Rather frustrating.
 
Barb
----- Original Message -----
From: Beth
Sent: Wednesday, September 02, 2015 12:40 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] Fwd: BARD Outage
 
This is the latest I have on Bard from Colorado's Talking Book Library, and I'm going to literally fudge the Congress people if they can't get us back our books soon. No more errors! Please!
Beth


-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: BARD Outage
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2015 10:18:37 -0600
From: Teresa Kalber mailto:kalber_t@...>
To: Beth Taurasi mailto:thebluesisloose@...


Good morning,

If you are a BARD user you may have noticed that the BARD website and mobile app have not been accessible over the last day. The following is a message from the National Library Service regarding this issue:

“NLS is experiencing technical problems with communication channels administered by the Library of Congress that are necessary to run BARD. We are making every effort to fix the problem and restore service.”

This is all the information we have at the present time.

We will send out another message as soon as BARD is back up and running.

Thank you for your patience and understanding!

Sincerely,

Colorado Talking Book Library



Teresa Kalber
Network Systems Administrator
Colorado Talking Book Library
303.727.9277  |  Mobile   |  Fax 303.727.9281  |  Toll-free 1.800.685.2136
Kalber_T@...  |  www.myctbl.org
180 Sheridan Boulevard, Denver, CO 80226
Colorado
          Department of Education Logo

Facebook
          Icon  Twitter Icon  YouTube Icon  Linkedin
          Icon

Email cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses.  Therefore, email cannot be used to transfer files containing personally identifiable information of educators or students.  Contact the intended recipient to mutually determine enhanced security options for transferring such information.




Beth
 

Marie,
I understand I should be patient, but patience never paid off. We blind people can't just go to a library and pick up books we like, and Bard is for some about 80% of book access, so you have to admit that this error is unprecedented, but I say it's unacceptable because it's not good for the public eye for the site to be down for this many days. Remember the Congressional Kindergarten class that resulted in the shutdown? Well, because of a Tea Party full of greed, we lost access to books, and that's unfair. I won't let that happen to me or thousands of other readers.
Beth
Beth Taurasi, Windows 10 edition,
Cell: 720-435-7407
Skype: denverqueen0920
Ms_denverqueen on Twitter
Instagram: denverqueen0920
Facebook: www.facebook.com/denverqueen0920
Or you can check out www.denverqueen.com for more information.
On 9/2/2015 3:34 PM, Marie wrote:

Beth,
I understand your frustration with the Bard site but you must admit they have done a very creditable job of providing us with the digital books and the mobile app which is great. I would think we could have a little patience with their current difficulties. I am sure they are working hard to fix the problems and will have the site up as soon as they can.
Marie
.
 
 
From: Beth
Sent: Wednesday, September 02, 2015 10:40 AM
Subject: [TechTalk] Fwd: BARD Outage
 
This is the latest I have on Bard from Colorado's Talking Book Library, and I'm going to literally fudge the Congress people if they can't get us back our books soon. No more errors! Please!
Beth


-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: BARD Outage
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2015 10:18:37 -0600
From: Teresa Kalber mailto:kalber_t@...
To: Beth Taurasi mailto:thebluesisloose@...


Good morning,

If you are a BARD user you may have noticed that the BARD website and mobile app have not been accessible over the last day. The following is a message from the National Library Service regarding this issue:

“NLS is experiencing technical problems with communication channels administered by the Library of Congress that are necessary to run BARD. We are making every effort to fix the problem and restore service.”

This is all the information we have at the present time.

We will send out another message as soon as BARD is back up and running.

Thank you for your patience and understanding!

Sincerely,

Colorado Talking Book Library

 



Teresa Kalber
Network Systems Administrator
Colorado Talking Book Library
303.727.9277  |  Mobile   |  Fax 303.727.9281  |  Toll-free 1.800.685.2136
Kalber_T@...  |  www.myctbl.org
180 Sheridan Boulevard, Denver, CO 80226
Colorado
 Department of Education Logo

Facebook
 Icon  Twitter Icon  YouTube Icon  Linkedin
 Icon

Email cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses.  Therefore, email cannot be used to transfer files containing personally identifiable information of educators or students.  Contact the intended recipient to mutually determine enhanced security options for transferring such information.


 


 

I didn't think of it like that, but wouldn't the other parts of BARD
work? I mean like going back to calling and requesting books? I
haven't done it, mainly because I live in a small town and have access
to books I'm happy with, but you can browse and check out library
books online. Either e-books or audio books without having to go to
the library. I believe most libraries use Overdrive for that.
According to where you live and how the library system is set up you
can even check out books statewide and not be limited to just your
city.

Melissa

On 9/2/15, Beth <thebluesisloose@gmail.com> wrote:
Marie,
I understand I should be patient, but patience never paid off. We blind
people can't just go to a library and pick up books we like, and Bard is
for some about 80% of book access, so you have to admit that this error
is unprecedented, but I say it's unacceptable because it's not good for
the public eye for the site to be down for this many days. Remember the
Congressional Kindergarten class that resulted in the shutdown? Well,
because of a Tea Party full of greed, we lost access to books, and
that's unfair. I won't let that happen to me or thousands of other readers.
Beth

Beth Taurasi, Windows 10 edition,
Cell: 720-435-7407
Skype: denverqueen0920
Ms_denverqueen on Twitter
Instagram: denverqueen0920
Facebook: www.facebook.com/denverqueen0920
Or you can check out www.denverqueen.com for more information.

On 9/2/2015 3:34 PM, Marie wrote:
Beth,
I understand your frustration with the Bard site but you must admit
they have done a very creditable job of providing us with the digital
books and the mobile app which is great. I would think we could have a
little patience with their current difficulties. I am sure they are
working hard to fix the problems and will have the site up as soon as
they can.
Marie
.
*From:* Beth <mailto:thebluesisloose@gmail.com>
*Sent:* Wednesday, September 02, 2015 10:40 AM
*To:* TechTalk@groups.io <mailto:TechTalk@groups.io>
*Subject:* [TechTalk] Fwd: BARD Outage
This is the latest I have on Bard from Colorado's Talking Book
Library, and I'm going to literally fudge the Congress people if they
can't get us back our books soon. No more errors! Please!
Beth


-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: BARD Outage
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2015 10:18:37 -0600
From: Teresa Kalber mailto:kalber_t@cde.state.co.us
To: Beth Taurasi mailto:thebluesisloose@gmail.com



Good morning,

If you are a BARD user you may have noticed that the BARD website and
mobile app have not been accessible over the last day. The following
is a message from the National Library Service regarding this issue:

*“NLS is experiencing technical problems with communication channels
administered by the Library of Congress that are necessary to run
BARD. We are making every effort to fix the problem and restore
service.”*

This is all the information we have at the present time.

*We will send out another message as soon as BARD is back up and
running.*

Thank you for your patience and understanding!

Sincerely,

Colorado Talking Book Library



Teresa*Kalber
*Network Systems Administrator
Colorado Talking Book Library
303.727.9277 | Mobile | Fax 303.727.9281| Toll-free 1.800.685.2136
Kalber_T@cde.state.co.us | www.myctbl.org
180 Sheridan Boulevard, Denver, CO80226
Colorado Department of Education Logo <http://www.cde.state.co.us>

Facebook Icon <https://www.facebook.com/codepted> Twitter Icon
<https://twitter.com/codepted> YouTube Icon
<http://www.youtube.com/codeptofed> Linkedin Icon
<http://www.linkedin.com/company/colorado-department-of-education/>

/Email cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information
could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or
incomplete, or contain viruses. Therefore, email cannot be used to
transfer files containing personally identifiable information of
educators or students. Contact the intended recipient to mutually
determine enhanced security options for transferring such information./



Matt
 

Well, this is government and weather they are doing it their self the update or upgrades or they bid it out it is still government in this case and it always take longer and for some reason if it can go wrong it will with government! But this being said just remember this is free to us. Well sort of our tax payer dollars is paying for it. But it is free and a great resource for us! It is not like they owe it to us! There is now lots of other sources out there so the thing in the nut shell don't bite the hand that is feeding you something fairly good for free! It is a great service and glad we have something like this. It is sort of like the BARD app for the iPhone. Is it perfect no but it is very good. Even though they have not updated it in along long time. I would really like to see a timer within the app ! But is this a deal breaker no. But it is a big feature that does needs addressing. So we should be more grateful for such things as it could be a whole lot worst on us . JST !


Thanks,
Matt.from.florida@gmail.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Melissa Hammitt [mailto:mjmarney@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 02, 2015 6:38 PM
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Fwd: BARD Outage

I understand the frustrations since I am frustrated also ... mainly because I got a glimpse of the recent additions and there were some books I've been waiting on there. Lol luckily I am a heavy bookshare user and also get a lot of books via kindle--freebies and stuff from authors I like--so I have a bunch of books to tide me over until BARD is back up. Luckily also for me I have some books on my BARD app already. I just think of this as a good time to whittle down my TBR pile some. :)

Melissa

On 9/2/15, Merv Keck <blind5sparrow@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

Although I am a registered BARD user, I tend to use bookshare most of
the time, therefore I know very little about how NLS works on the web
and my iPhone. However, I did see an FCC bulletin that may or may not
be related stating that a major upgrade to some Federal databases
would be happening between September second and September 8th.
Therefore, many FCC related services with what they termed as web-facing interfaces would be affected..
This notice that I read did not mention BARD but since it is
apparently widespread and is a result of some major upgrades on the
national level servers I am wondering if BARD is affected.



From: Marie [mailto:magpie.mn@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 2, 2015 5:34 PM
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Fwd: BARD Outage



Beth,

I understand your frustration with the Bard site but you must admit
they have done a very creditable job of providing us with the digital
books and the mobile app which is great. I would think we could have a
little patience with their current difficulties. I am sure they are
working hard to fix the problems and will have the site up as soon as they can.

Marie

..





From: Beth <mailto:thebluesisloose@gmail.com>

Sent: Wednesday, September 02, 2015 10:40 AM

To: TechTalk@groups.io <mailto:TechTalk@groups.io>

Subject: [TechTalk] Fwd: BARD Outage



This is the latest I have on Bard from Colorado's Talking Book
Library, and I'm going to literally fudge the Congress people if they
can't get us back our books soon. No more errors! Please!
Beth



-------- Forwarded Message --------


Subject:

BARD Outage


Date:

Wed, 2 Sep 2015 10:18:37 -0600


From:

Teresa Kalber mailto:kalber_t@cde.state.co.us


To:

Beth Taurasi mailto:thebluesisloose@gmail.com






Good morning,

If you are a BARD user you may have noticed that the BARD website and
mobile app have not been accessible over the last day. The following
is a message from the National Library Service regarding this issue:

“NLS is experiencing technical problems with communication channels
administered by the Library of Congress that are necessary to run
BARD. We are making every effort to fix the problem and restore service.”

This is all the information we have at the present time.

We will send out another message as soon as BARD is back up and running.

Thank you for your patience and understanding!

Sincerely,

Colorado Talking Book Library





Teresa Kalber
Network Systems Administrator
Colorado Talking Book Library
303.727.9277 | Mobile | Fax 303.727.9281 | Toll-free 1.800.685.2136
Kalber_T@cde.state.co.us <mailto:Kalber_T@cde.state.co.us> |
www.myctbl.org <http://www.myctbl.org>
180 Sheridan Boulevard, Denver, CO 80226 <http://www.cde.state.co.us>

<https://www.facebook.com/codepted> <https://twitter.com/codepted>
<http://www.youtube.com/codeptofed>
<http://www.linkedin.com/company/colorado-department-of-education/>

Email cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information
could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or
incomplete, or contain viruses. Therefore, email cannot be used to
transfer files containing personally identifiable information of educators or students.
Contact the intended recipient to mutually determine enhanced security
options for transferring such information.








Gene
 

Frankly, if you take that position and start harrassing members of Congress and library staff, you will simply come off as rude and unreasonable.  This is a good service.  It is usually reliable.  The public eye makes no difference.  The public doesn't even know the service exists.  This has nothing to do with the tea party or anything political.  It is some sort of technical problem. 
 
A real legitimate case of poor treatment is one thing.  Some sort oftechnical problem in a service that is usually reliable is something else again.
 
Gene

From: Beth
Sent: Wednesday, September 02, 2015 5:53 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Fwd: BARD Outage

Marie,
I understand I should be patient, but patience never paid off. We blind people can't just go to a library and pick up books we like, and Bard is for some about 80% of book access, so you have to admit that this error is unprecedented, but I say it's unacceptable because it's not good for the public eye for the site to be down for this many days. Remember the Congressional Kindergarten class that resulted in the shutdown? Well, because of a Tea Party full of greed, we lost access to books, and that's unfair. I won't let that happen to me or thousands of other readers.
Beth
Beth Taurasi, Windows 10 edition,
Cell: 720-435-7407
Skype: denverqueen0920
Ms_denverqueen on Twitter
Instagram: denverqueen0920
Facebook: www.facebook.com/denverqueen0920
Or you can check out www.denverqueen.com for more information.
On 9/2/2015 3:34 PM, Marie wrote:
Beth,
I understand your frustration with the Bard site but you must admit they have done a very creditable job of providing us with the digital books and the mobile app which is great. I would think we could have a little patience with their current difficulties. I am sure they are working hard to fix the problems and will have the site up as soon as they can.
Marie
.
 
 
From: Beth
Sent: Wednesday, September 02, 2015 10:40 AM
Subject: [TechTalk] Fwd: BARD Outage
 
This is the latest I have on Bard from Colorado's Talking Book Library, and I'm going to literally fudge the Congress people if they can't get us back our books soon. No more errors! Please!
Beth


-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: BARD Outage
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2015 10:18:37 -0600
From: Teresa Kalber mailto:kalber_t@...
To: Beth Taurasi mailto:thebluesisloose@...


Good morning,

If you are a BARD user you may have noticed that the BARD website and mobile app have not been accessible over the last day. The following is a message from the National Library Service regarding this issue:

“NLS is experiencing technical problems with communication channels administered by the Library of Congress that are necessary to run BARD. We are making every effort to fix the problem and restore service.”

This is all the information we have at the present time.

We will send out another message as soon as BARD is back up and running.

Thank you for your patience and understanding!

Sincerely,

Colorado Talking Book Library

 



Teresa Kalber
Network Systems Administrator
Colorado Talking Book Library
303.727.9277  |  Mobile   |  Fax 303.727.9281  |  Toll-free 1.800.685.2136
Kalber_T@...  |  www.myctbl.org
180 Sheridan Boulevard, Denver, CO 80226
Colorado
 Department of Education Logo

Facebook
 Icon  Twitter Icon  YouTube Icon  Linkedin
 Icon

Email cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses.  Therefore, email cannot be used to transfer files containing personally identifiable information of educators or students.  Contact the intended recipient to mutually determine enhanced security options for transferring such information.


 


Matt
 

No I don’t think it is at 80 percent of the books any more at all. There is too many resources out there for us. They don’t owe you anything it is a service that the government provides for us free thru tax payer dollars. They don’t have to provide the service. Also it is a pain but yes you can go to the local library and pick up some audio books and brail books and other books to be scanned in and read to you. So it is not like the library is not accessible to us! Stop thinking everyone and everything owes us blind people something special. Yes we should have reasonable commendations and yes we should if at all possible have every opportunity to do what most of our seeing people can do. But just remember there is a lot of other type of handicaps than just blindness. A lot of them handicap people don’t get near what we get in help! So appreciate what we have and thank goodness we are a live and can enjoy some of these things! JMO!

 

 

 

From: Beth [mailto:thebluesisloose@...]
Sent: Wednesday, September 02, 2015 6:54 PM
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Fwd: BARD Outage

 

Marie,
I understand I should be patient, but patience never paid off. We blind people can't just go to a library and pick up books we like, and Bard is for some about 80% of book access, so you have to admit that this error is unprecedented, but I say it's unacceptable because it's not good for the public eye for the site to be down for this many days. Remember the Congressional Kindergarten class that resulted in the shutdown? Well, because of a Tea Party full of greed, we lost access to books, and that's unfair. I won't let that happen to me or thousands of other readers.
Beth

Beth Taurasi, Windows 10 edition,
Cell: 720-435-7407
Skype: denverqueen0920
Ms_denverqueen on Twitter
Instagram: denverqueen0920
Facebook: www.facebook.com/denverqueen0920
Or you can check out www.denverqueen.com for more information.

On 9/2/2015 3:34 PM, Marie wrote:

Beth,

I understand your frustration with the Bard site but you must admit they have done a very creditable job of providing us with the digital books and the mobile app which is great. I would think we could have a little patience with their current difficulties. I am sure they are working hard to fix the problems and will have the site up as soon as they can.

Marie

.

 

 

From: Beth

Sent: Wednesday, September 02, 2015 10:40 AM

Subject: [TechTalk] Fwd: BARD Outage

 

This is the latest I have on Bard from Colorado's Talking Book Library, and I'm going to literally fudge the Congress people if they can't get us back our books soon. No more errors! Please!
Beth



-------- Forwarded Message --------

Subject:

BARD Outage

Date:

Wed, 2 Sep 2015 10:18:37 -0600

From:

Teresa Kalber mailto:kalber_t@...

To:

Beth Taurasi mailto:thebluesisloose@...




Good morning,

If you are a BARD user you may have noticed that the BARD website and mobile app have not been accessible over the last day. The following is a message from the National Library Service regarding this issue:

“NLS is experiencing technical problems with communication channels administered by the Library of Congress that are necessary to run BARD. We are making every effort to fix the problem and restore service.”

This is all the information we have at the present time.

We will send out another message as soon as BARD is back up and running.

Thank you for your patience and understanding!

Sincerely,

Colorado Talking Book Library

 



Teresa Kalber
Network Systems Administrator
Colorado Talking Book Library
303.727.9277  |  Mobile   |  Fax 303.727.9281  |  Toll-free 1.800.685.2136
Kalber_T@...  |  www.myctbl.org
180 Sheridan Boulevard, Denver, CO 80226



     

Email cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses.  Therefore, email cannot be used to transfer files containing personally identifiable information of educators or students.  Contact the intended recipient to mutually determine enhanced security options for transferring such information.

 

 

 


Matt
 

Totally agree it has nothing to do with politics this go around!

 

 

 

From: Gene [mailto:gsasner@...]
Sent: Wednesday, September 02, 2015 7:27 PM
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Fwd: BARD Outage

 

Frankly, if you take that position and start harrassing members of Congress and library staff, you will simply come off as rude and unreasonable.  This is a good service.  It is usually reliable.  The public eye makes no difference.  The public doesn't even know the service exists.  This has nothing to do with the tea party or anything political.  It is some sort of technical problem. 

 

A real legitimate case of poor treatment is one thing.  Some sort oftechnical problem in a service that is usually reliable is something else again.

 

Gene

 

From: Beth

Sent: Wednesday, September 02, 2015 5:53 PM

Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Fwd: BARD Outage

 

Marie,
I understand I should be patient, but patience never paid off. We blind people can't just go to a library and pick up books we like, and Bard is for some about 80% of book access, so you have to admit that this error is unprecedented, but I say it's unacceptable because it's not good for the public eye for the site to be down for this many days. Remember the Congressional Kindergarten class that resulted in the shutdown? Well, because of a Tea Party full of greed, we lost access to books, and that's unfair. I won't let that happen to me or thousands of other readers.
Beth

Beth Taurasi, Windows 10 edition,
Cell: 720-435-7407
Skype: denverqueen0920
Ms_denverqueen on Twitter
Instagram: denverqueen0920
Facebook: www.facebook.com/denverqueen0920
Or you can check out www.denverqueen.com for more information.

On 9/2/2015 3:34 PM, Marie wrote:

Beth,

I understand your frustration with the Bard site but you must admit they have done a very creditable job of providing us with the digital books and the mobile app which is great. I would think we could have a little patience with their current difficulties. I am sure they are working hard to fix the problems and will have the site up as soon as they can.

Marie

.

 

 

From: Beth

Sent: Wednesday, September 02, 2015 10:40 AM

Subject: [TechTalk] Fwd: BARD Outage

 

This is the latest I have on Bard from Colorado's Talking Book Library, and I'm going to literally fudge the Congress people if they can't get us back our books soon. No more errors! Please!
Beth



-------- Forwarded Message --------

Subject:

BARD Outage

Date:

Wed, 2 Sep 2015 10:18:37 -0600

From:

Teresa Kalber mailto:kalber_t@...

To:

Beth Taurasi mailto:thebluesisloose@...




Good morning,

If you are a BARD user you may have noticed that the BARD website and mobile app have not been accessible over the last day. The following is a message from the National Library Service regarding this issue:

“NLS is experiencing technical problems with communication channels administered by the Library of Congress that are necessary to run BARD. We are making every effort to fix the problem and restore service.”

This is all the information we have at the present time.

We will send out another message as soon as BARD is back up and running.

Thank you for your patience and understanding!

Sincerely,

Colorado Talking Book Library

 



Teresa Kalber
Network Systems Administrator
Colorado Talking Book Library
303.727.9277  |  Mobile   |  Fax 303.727.9281  |  Toll-free 1.800.685.2136
Kalber_T@...  |  www.myctbl.org
180 Sheridan Boulevard, Denver, CO 80226



     

Email cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses.  Therefore, email cannot be used to transfer files containing personally identifiable information of educators or students.  Contact the intended recipient to mutually determine enhanced security options for transferring such information.

 

 

 


Beth
 

NLS Bard is great, but it is in the hands of Congressional peoples, people who don't always know what we need. Not all of you guys can afford Bookshare, and we all know what Kindle is capable of ... lol But my thing is I can't read Braille books at the moment, and where to put the Bookshare stuff because my Apex is flat and I need to purchase a new charger. Maybe I'll call Humanware, and then I will have to purchase the charger with a gift card my pop and mom are supposed to send me soon.
Beth

Beth Taurasi, Windows 10 edition,
Cell: 720-435-7407
Skype: denverqueen0920
Ms_denverqueen on Twitter
Instagram: denverqueen0920
Facebook: www.facebook.com/denverqueen0920
Or you can check out www.denverqueen.com for more information.

On 9/2/2015 5:22 PM, Matt wrote:
Well, this is government and weather they are doing it their self the update or upgrades or they bid it out it is still government in this case and it always take longer and for some reason if it can go wrong it will with government! But this being said just remember this is free to us. Well sort of our tax payer dollars is paying for it. But it is free and a great resource for us! It is not like they owe it to us! There is now lots of other sources out there so the thing in the nut shell don't bite the hand that is feeding you something fairly good for free! It is a great service and glad we have something like this. It is sort of like the BARD app for the iPhone. Is it perfect no but it is very good. Even though they have not updated it in along long time. I would really like to see a timer within the app ! But is this a deal breaker no. But it is a big feature that does needs addressing. So we should be more grateful for such things as it could be a whole lot worst on us . JST !

Thanks,
Matt.from.florida@gmail.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Melissa Hammitt [mailto:mjmarney@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 02, 2015 6:38 PM
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Fwd: BARD Outage

I understand the frustrations since I am frustrated also ... mainly because I got a glimpse of the recent additions and there were some books I've been waiting on there. Lol luckily I am a heavy bookshare user and also get a lot of books via kindle--freebies and stuff from authors I like--so I have a bunch of books to tide me over until BARD is back up. Luckily also for me I have some books on my BARD app already. I just think of this as a good time to whittle down my TBR pile some. :)

Melissa

On 9/2/15, Merv Keck <blind5sparrow@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

Although I am a registered BARD user, I tend to use bookshare most of
the time, therefore I know very little about how NLS works on the web
and my iPhone. However, I did see an FCC bulletin that may or may not
be related stating that a major upgrade to some Federal databases
would be happening between September second and September 8th.
Therefore, many FCC related services with what they termed as web-facing interfaces would be affected..
This notice that I read did not mention BARD but since it is
apparently widespread and is a result of some major upgrades on the
national level servers I am wondering if BARD is affected.



From: Marie [mailto:magpie.mn@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 2, 2015 5:34 PM
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Fwd: BARD Outage



Beth,

I understand your frustration with the Bard site but you must admit
they have done a very creditable job of providing us with the digital
books and the mobile app which is great. I would think we could have a
little patience with their current difficulties. I am sure they are
working hard to fix the problems and will have the site up as soon as they can.

Marie

..





From: Beth <mailto:thebluesisloose@gmail.com>

Sent: Wednesday, September 02, 2015 10:40 AM

To: TechTalk@groups.io <mailto:TechTalk@groups.io>

Subject: [TechTalk] Fwd: BARD Outage



This is the latest I have on Bard from Colorado's Talking Book
Library, and I'm going to literally fudge the Congress people if they
can't get us back our books soon. No more errors! Please!
Beth



-------- Forwarded Message --------


Subject:

BARD Outage


Date:

Wed, 2 Sep 2015 10:18:37 -0600


From:

Teresa Kalber mailto:kalber_t@cde.state.co.us


To:

Beth Taurasi mailto:thebluesisloose@gmail.com






Good morning,

If you are a BARD user you may have noticed that the BARD website and
mobile app have not been accessible over the last day. The following
is a message from the National Library Service regarding this issue:

“NLS is experiencing technical problems with communication channels
administered by the Library of Congress that are necessary to run
BARD. We are making every effort to fix the problem and restore service.”

This is all the information we have at the present time.

We will send out another message as soon as BARD is back up and running.

Thank you for your patience and understanding!

Sincerely,

Colorado Talking Book Library





Teresa Kalber
Network Systems Administrator
Colorado Talking Book Library
303.727.9277 | Mobile | Fax 303.727.9281 | Toll-free 1.800.685.2136
Kalber_T@cde.state.co.us <mailto:Kalber_T@cde.state.co.us> |
www.myctbl.org <http://www.myctbl.org>
180 Sheridan Boulevard, Denver, CO 80226 <http://www.cde.state.co.us>

<https://www.facebook.com/codepted> <https://twitter.com/codepted>
<http://www.youtube.com/codeptofed>
<http://www.linkedin.com/company/colorado-department-of-education/>

Email cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information
could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or
incomplete, or contain viruses. Therefore, email cannot be used to
transfer files containing personally identifiable information of educators or students.
Contact the intended recipient to mutually determine enhanced security
options for transferring such information.











Beth
 

I see what you mean, but a technical problem should be fixed in a reasonable amount of time, and a whole week of this stuff is unreasonable.
Beth
Beth Taurasi, Windows 10 edition,
Cell: 720-435-7407
Skype: denverqueen0920
Ms_denverqueen on Twitter
Instagram: denverqueen0920
Facebook: www.facebook.com/denverqueen0920
Or you can check out www.denverqueen.com for more information.
On 9/2/2015 5:26 PM, Gene wrote:

Frankly, if you take that position and start harrassing members of Congress and library staff, you will simply come off as rude and unreasonable.  This is a good service.  It is usually reliable.  The public eye makes no difference.  The public doesn't even know the service exists.  This has nothing to do with the tea party or anything political.  It is some sort of technical problem. 
 
A real legitimate case of poor treatment is one thing.  Some sort oftechnical problem in a service that is usually reliable is something else again.
 
Gene

From: Beth
Sent: Wednesday, September 02, 2015 5:53 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Fwd: BARD Outage

Marie,
I understand I should be patient, but patience never paid off. We blind people can't just go to a library and pick up books we like, and Bard is for some about 80% of book access, so you have to admit that this error is unprecedented, but I say it's unacceptable because it's not good for the public eye for the site to be down for this many days. Remember the Congressional Kindergarten class that resulted in the shutdown? Well, because of a Tea Party full of greed, we lost access to books, and that's unfair. I won't let that happen to me or thousands of other readers.
Beth
Beth Taurasi, Windows 10 edition,
Cell: 720-435-7407
Skype: denverqueen0920
Ms_denverqueen on Twitter
Instagram: denverqueen0920
Facebook: www.facebook.com/denverqueen0920
Or you can check out www.denverqueen.com for more information.
On 9/2/2015 3:34 PM, Marie wrote:
Beth,
I understand your frustration with the Bard site but you must admit they have done a very creditable job of providing us with the digital books and the mobile app which is great. I would think we could have a little patience with their current difficulties. I am sure they are working hard to fix the problems and will have the site up as soon as they can.
Marie
.
 
 
From: Beth
Sent: Wednesday, September 02, 2015 10:40 AM
Subject: [TechTalk] Fwd: BARD Outage
 
This is the latest I have on Bard from Colorado's Talking Book Library, and I'm going to literally fudge the Congress people if they can't get us back our books soon. No more errors! Please!
Beth


-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: BARD Outage
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2015 10:18:37 -0600
From: Teresa Kalber mailto:kalber_t@...
To: Beth Taurasi mailto:thebluesisloose@...


Good morning,

If you are a BARD user you may have noticed that the BARD website and mobile app have not been accessible over the last day. The following is a message from the National Library Service regarding this issue:

“NLS is experiencing technical problems with communication channels administered by the Library of Congress that are necessary to run BARD. We are making every effort to fix the problem and restore service.”

This is all the information we have at the present time.

We will send out another message as soon as BARD is back up and running.

Thank you for your patience and understanding!

Sincerely,

Colorado Talking Book Library

 



Teresa Kalber
Network Systems Administrator
Colorado Talking Book Library
303.727.9277  |  Mobile   |  Fax 303.727.9281  |  Toll-free 1.800.685.2136
Kalber_T@...  |  www.myctbl.org
180 Sheridan Boulevard, Denver, CO 80226
Colorado

                    Department of Education Logo

Facebook
 Icon  Twitter Icon  YouTube Icon  Linkedin
 Icon

Email cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses.  Therefore, email cannot be used to transfer files containing personally identifiable information of educators or students.  Contact the intended recipient to mutually determine enhanced security options for transferring such information.


 



Gene
 

When you say you can't read Braille books, you can read them.  You can use a Braille translation program that will convert Grade 2 English Braille files into standard text files.  That's how a lot of people read books from book share.  A lot of users of BookShare do not have Braille displays. 
 
If you want to know where to get such a program, a lot of list members can probably tell you. 
 
Gene

----- Original Message -----
From: Beth
Sent: Wednesday, September 02, 2015 6:42 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Fwd: BARD Outage

NLS Bard is great, but it is in the hands of Congressional peoples,
people who don't always know what we need. Not all of you guys can
afford Bookshare, and we all know what Kindle is capable of ... lol But
my thing is I can't read Braille books at the moment, and where to put
the Bookshare stuff because my Apex is flat and I need to purchase a new
charger. Maybe I'll call Humanware, and then I will have to purchase the
charger with a gift card my pop and mom are supposed to send me soon.
Beth

Beth Taurasi, Windows 10 edition,
Cell: 720-435-7407
Skype: denverqueen0920
Ms_denverqueen on Twitter
Instagram: denverqueen0920
Facebook: www.facebook.com/denverqueen0920
Or you can check out www.denverqueen.com for more information.

On 9/2/2015 5:22 PM, Matt wrote:
> Well, this is government and weather they are doing it their self the update or upgrades or they bid it out it is still government in this case and it always take longer and for some reason if it can go wrong it will with government! But this being said just remember this is free to us. Well sort of our tax payer dollars is paying for it. But it is free and a great resource for us! It is not like they owe it to us! There is now lots of other sources out there so the thing in the nut shell don't bite the hand that is feeding you something fairly good for free! It is a great service and glad we have something like this. It is sort of like the BARD app for the iPhone. Is it perfect no but it is very good. Even though they have not updated it in along long time. I would really like to see a timer within the app ! But is this a deal breaker no. But it is a big feature that does needs addressing. So we should be more grateful for such things as it could be a whole lot worst on us . JST !
>  
>
> Thanks,
> Matt.from.florida@...
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Melissa Hammitt [mailto:mjmarney@...]
> Sent: Wednesday, September 02, 2015 6:38 PM
> To: TechTalk@groups.io
> Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Fwd: BARD Outage
>
> I understand the frustrations since I am frustrated also ... mainly because I got a glimpse of the recent additions and there were some books I've been waiting on there. Lol luckily I am a heavy bookshare user and also get a lot of books via kindle--freebies and stuff from authors I like--so I have a bunch of books to tide me over until BARD is back up. Luckily also for me I have some books on my BARD app already. I just think of this as a good time to whittle down my TBR pile some. :)
>
> Melissa
>
> On 9/2/15, Merv Keck <blind5sparrow@...> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Although I am a registered BARD user, I tend to use bookshare most of
>> the time, therefore I know very little about how NLS works on the web
>> and my iPhone. However, I did see an FCC bulletin that may or may not
>> be related stating that a major upgrade to some Federal databases
>> would be happening between September second and September 8th.
>> Therefore, many FCC related services with what they termed as web-facing interfaces would be affected..
>> This notice that I read did not mention BARD but since it is
>> apparently widespread and is a result of some major upgrades on the
>> national level servers I am wondering if BARD is affected.
>>
>>
>>
>> From: Marie [mailto:magpie.mn@...]
>> Sent: Wednesday, September 2, 2015 5:34 PM
>> To: TechTalk@groups.io
>> Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Fwd: BARD Outage
>>
>>
>>
>> Beth,
>>
>> I understand your frustration with the Bard site but you must admit
>> they have done a very creditable job of providing us with the digital
>> books and the mobile app which is great. I would think we could have a
>> little patience with their current difficulties. I am sure they are
>> working hard to fix the problems and will have the site up as soon as they can.
>>
>> Marie
>>
>> ...
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> From: Beth <mailto:thebluesisloose@...>
>>
>> Sent: Wednesday, September 02, 2015 10:40 AM
>>
>> To: TechTalk@groups.io <mailto:TechTalk@groups.io>
>>
>> Subject: [TechTalk] Fwd: BARD Outage
>>
>>
>>
>> This is the latest I have on Bard from Colorado's Talking Book
>> Library, and I'm going to literally fudge the Congress people if they
>> can't get us back our books soon. No more errors! Please!
>> Beth
>>
>>
>>
>> -------- Forwarded Message --------
>>
>>
>> Subject:
>>
>> BARD Outage
>>
>>
>> Date:
>>
>> Wed, 2 Sep 2015 10:18:37 -0600
>>
>>
>> From:
>>
>> Teresa Kalber mailto:kalber_t@...
>>
>>
>> To:
>>
>> Beth Taurasi mailto:thebluesisloose@...
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> Good morning,
>>
>> If you are a BARD user you may have noticed that the BARD website and
>> mobile app have not been accessible over the last day. The following
>> is a message from the National Library Service regarding this issue:
>>
>> “NLS is experiencing technical problems with communication channels
>> administered by the Library of Congress that are necessary to run
>> BARD. We are making every effort to fix the problem and restore service.”
>>
>> This is all the information we have at the present time.
>>
>> We will send out another message as soon as BARD is back up and running.
>>
>> Thank you for your patience and understanding!
>>
>> Sincerely,
>>
>> Colorado Talking Book Library
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> Teresa Kalber
>> Network Systems Administrator
>> Colorado Talking Book Library
>> 303.727.9277  |  Mobile   |  Fax 303.727.9281  |  Toll-free 1.800.685.2136
>> Kalber_T@... <mailto:Kalber_T@...>   |
>> www.myctbl.org <http://www.myctbl.org>
>> 180 Sheridan Boulevard, Denver, CO 80226  <http://www.cde.state.co.us>
>>
>>   <https://www.facebook.com/codepted>    <https://twitter.com/codepted>
>> <http://www.youtube.com/codeptofed>
>> <http://www.linkedin.com/company/colorado-department-of-education/>
>>
>> Email cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information
>> could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or
>> incomplete, or contain viruses.  Therefore, email cannot be used to
>> transfer files containing personally identifiable information of educators or students.
>> Contact the intended recipient to mutually determine enhanced security
>> options for transferring such information.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>
>
>
>
>
>






Carlos
 


It is difficult to say whether it is a reasonable amount of time or not without exact knowledge of the cause and the relevant technical expertise.

----- Original Message -----
From: Beth
Sent: Wednesday, September 02, 2015 7:45 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Fwd: BARD Outage

I see what you mean, but a technical problem should be fixed in a reasonable amount of time, and a whole week of this stuff is unreasonable.
Beth
Beth Taurasi, Windows 10 edition,
Cell: 720-435-7407
Skype: denverqueen0920
Ms_denverqueen on Twitter
Instagram: denverqueen0920
Facebook: www.facebook.com/denverqueen0920
Or you can check out www.denverqueen.com for more information.
On 9/2/2015 5:26 PM, Gene wrote:
Frankly, if you take that position and start harrassing members of Congress and library staff, you will simply come off as rude and unreasonable.  This is a good service.  It is usually reliable.  The public eye makes no difference.  The public doesn't even know the service exists.  This has nothing to do with the tea party or anything political.  It is some sort of technical problem. 
 
A real legitimate case of poor treatment is one thing.  Some sort oftechnical problem in a service that is usually reliable is something else again.
 
Gene

From: Beth
Sent: Wednesday, September 02, 2015 5:53 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Fwd: BARD Outage

Marie,
I understand I should be patient, but patience never paid off. We blind people can't just go to a library and pick up books we like, and Bard is for some about 80% of book access, so you have to admit that this error is unprecedented, but I say it's unacceptable because it's not good for the public eye for the site to be down for this many days. Remember the Congressional Kindergarten class that resulted in the shutdown? Well, because of a Tea Party full of greed, we lost access to books, and that's unfair. I won't let that happen to me or thousands of other readers.
Beth
Beth Taurasi, Windows 10 edition,
Cell: 720-435-7407
Skype: denverqueen0920
Ms_denverqueen on Twitter
Instagram: denverqueen0920
Facebook: www.facebook.com/denverqueen0920
Or you can check out www.denverqueen.com for more information.
On 9/2/2015 3:34 PM, Marie wrote:
Beth,
I understand your frustration with the Bard site but you must admit they have done a very creditable job of providing us with the digital books and the mobile app which is great. I would think we could have a little patience with their current difficulties. I am sure they are working hard to fix the problems and will have the site up as soon as they can.
Marie
.
 
 
From: Beth
Sent: Wednesday, September 02, 2015 10:40 AM
Subject: [TechTalk] Fwd: BARD Outage
 
This is the latest I have on Bard from Colorado's Talking Book Library, and I'm going to literally fudge the Congress people if they can't get us back our books soon. No more errors! Please!
Beth


-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: BARD Outage
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2015 10:18:37 -0600
From: Teresa Kalber mailto:kalber_t@...
To: Beth Taurasi mailto:thebluesisloose@...


Good morning,

If you are a BARD user you may have noticed that the BARD website and mobile app have not been accessible over the last day. The following is a message from the National Library Service regarding this issue:

“NLS is experiencing technical problems with communication channels administered by the Library of Congress that are necessary to run BARD. We are making every effort to fix the problem and restore service.”

This is all the information we have at the present time.

We will send out another message as soon as BARD is back up and running.

Thank you for your patience and understanding!

Sincerely,

Colorado Talking Book Library



Teresa Kalber
Network Systems Administrator
Colorado Talking Book Library
303.727.9277  |  Mobile   |  Fax 303.727.9281  |  Toll-free 1.800.685.2136
Kalber_T@...  |  www.myctbl.org
180 Sheridan Boulevard, Denver, CO 80226
Colorado

                    Department of Education Logo

Facebook
 Icon  Twitter Icon  YouTube Icon  Linkedin
 Icon

Email cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses.  Therefore, email cannot be used to transfer files containing personally identifiable information of educators or students.  Contact the intended recipient to mutually determine enhanced security options for transferring such information.


 



Gene
 

I only heard about the site being down a day or two ago.  A week may be unreasonable but if it has actually been that long, then the question is, why?  Is it something NLS has control over?  Is it something else that is causing the problem?  We'll see what others say. 
 
Gene

----- Original Message -----
From: Beth
Sent: Wednesday, September 02, 2015 6:45 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Fwd: BARD Outage

I see what you mean, but a technical problem should be fixed in a reasonable amount of time, and a whole week of this stuff is unreasonable.
Beth
Beth Taurasi, Windows 10 edition,
Cell: 720-435-7407
Skype: denverqueen0920
Ms_denverqueen on Twitter
Instagram: denverqueen0920
Facebook: www.facebook.com/denverqueen0920
Or you can check out www.denverqueen.com for more information.
On 9/2/2015 5:26 PM, Gene wrote:
Frankly, if you take that position and start harrassing members of Congress and library staff, you will simply come off as rude and unreasonable.  This is a good service.  It is usually reliable.  The public eye makes no difference.  The public doesn't even know the service exists.  This has nothing to do with the tea party or anything political.  It is some sort of technical problem. 
 
A real legitimate case of poor treatment is one thing.  Some sort oftechnical problem in a service that is usually reliable is something else again.
 
Gene

From: Beth
Sent: Wednesday, September 02, 2015 5:53 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Fwd: BARD Outage

Marie,
I understand I should be patient, but patience never paid off. We blind people can't just go to a library and pick up books we like, and Bard is for some about 80% of book access, so you have to admit that this error is unprecedented, but I say it's unacceptable because it's not good for the public eye for the site to be down for this many days. Remember the Congressional Kindergarten class that resulted in the shutdown? Well, because of a Tea Party full of greed, we lost access to books, and that's unfair. I won't let that happen to me or thousands of other readers.
Beth
Beth Taurasi, Windows 10 edition,
Cell: 720-435-7407
Skype: denverqueen0920
Ms_denverqueen on Twitter
Instagram: denverqueen0920
Facebook: www.facebook.com/denverqueen0920
Or you can check out www.denverqueen.com for more information.
On 9/2/2015 3:34 PM, Marie wrote:
Beth,
I understand your frustration with the Bard site but you must admit they have done a very creditable job of providing us with the digital books and the mobile app which is great. I would think we could have a little patience with their current difficulties. I am sure they are working hard to fix the problems and will have the site up as soon as they can.
Marie
.
 
 
From: Beth
Sent: Wednesday, September 02, 2015 10:40 AM
Subject: [TechTalk] Fwd: BARD Outage
 
This is the latest I have on Bard from Colorado's Talking Book Library, and I'm going to literally fudge the Congress people if they can't get us back our books soon. No more errors! Please!
Beth


-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: BARD Outage
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2015 10:18:37 -0600
From: Teresa Kalber mailto:kalber_t@...
To: Beth Taurasi mailto:thebluesisloose@...


Good morning,

If you are a BARD user you may have noticed that the BARD website and mobile app have not been accessible over the last day. The following is a message from the National Library Service regarding this issue:

“NLS is experiencing technical problems with communication channels administered by the Library of Congress that are necessary to run BARD. We are making every effort to fix the problem and restore service.”

This is all the information we have at the present time.

We will send out another message as soon as BARD is back up and running.

Thank you for your patience and understanding!

Sincerely,

Colorado Talking Book Library

 



Teresa Kalber
Network Systems Administrator
Colorado Talking Book Library
303.727.9277  |  Mobile   |  Fax 303.727.9281  |  Toll-free 1.800.685.2136
Kalber_T@...  |  www.myctbl.org
180 Sheridan Boulevard, Denver, CO 80226
Colorado

                    Department of Education Logo

Facebook
 Icon  Twitter Icon  YouTube Icon  Linkedin
 Icon

Email cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses.  Therefore, email cannot be used to transfer files containing personally identifiable information of educators or students.  Contact the intended recipient to mutually determine enhanced security options for transferring such information.


 



Beth
 

I'm not exactly thinking that the world owes us, but not everybody has a great library like I do. Denver, thank God has a talking book library right up the road from me. Come to think of it, it is right on Sheridan, right there and I can pop over there and look at books, but not all of us have access to a library with audible books and so on. Most of the resources I have seen have commercial privacy all over them. I've got an SSI check, not enough to subscribe to monthly Audible dot com, so I rely heavily on some of the resources NLS provides. I don't want anyone to think "the world owes someone this" but there's places in the U.S. where books are out of reach, and families often have control of our finances as a general rule. I lived in Titusville, penniless for years, had no way my parents would get me an Audible account. Now that I live in Denver, I'm not penniless, but still, I am too poor to afford monthly subscriptions amounting to $20 or more. I try to calculate how much I can afford but if it's yearly, I can deal with that so long as money is saved, but hardly it is. I still have the tech bills to pay, rent to pay, etc. I'm lucky I can pay that at all. The weird thing is my rent went down six bucks this month and next. But here's the deal: I'm trying to see things from the perspective I once held in Titusville in Florida, a rural town with no access to adult reading content, and I had no money to handle via credit card, which okay, I got numbers wrong, but most book subscriptions I know of require a credit card. Most of the blind I've associated with are controlled or cajoled by families, or they live with families. My own boyfriend isn't much for books, but he should be if he wants to be. Bard would be his only resource for books because he has no credit card. I have no clue where the Phoenix talking book place is, so yeah. Technical problems like this are a huge deal when the person in question is unable to use a credit card, can't because of family, or doesn't have the right up the road access that I do.
Beth
Beth Taurasi, Windows 10 edition,
Cell: 720-435-7407
Skype: denverqueen0920
Ms_denverqueen on Twitter
Instagram: denverqueen0920
Facebook: www.facebook.com/denverqueen0920
Or you can check out www.denverqueen.com for more information.
On 9/2/2015 5:35 PM, Matt wrote:

No I don’t think it is at 80 percent of the books any more at all. There is too many resources out there for us. They don’t owe you anything it is a service that the government provides for us free thru tax payer dollars. They don’t have to provide the service. Also it is a pain but yes you can go to the local library and pick up some audio books and brail books and other books to be scanned in and read to you. So it is not like the library is not accessible to us! Stop thinking everyone and everything owes us blind people something special. Yes we should have reasonable commendations and yes we should if at all possible have every opportunity to do what most of our seeing people can do. But just remember there is a lot of other type of handicaps than just blindness. A lot of them handicap people don’t get near what we get in help! So appreciate what we have and thank goodness we are a live and can enjoy some of these things! JMO!

 

 

 

From: Beth [mailto:thebluesisloose@...]
Sent: Wednesday, September 02, 2015 6:54 PM
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Fwd: BARD Outage

 

Marie,
I understand I should be patient, but patience never paid off. We blind people can't just go to a library and pick up books we like, and Bard is for some about 80% of book access, so you have to admit that this error is unprecedented, but I say it's unacceptable because it's not good for the public eye for the site to be down for this many days. Remember the Congressional Kindergarten class that resulted in the shutdown? Well, because of a Tea Party full of greed, we lost access to books, and that's unfair. I won't let that happen to me or thousands of other readers.
Beth

Beth Taurasi, Windows 10 edition,
Cell: 720-435-7407
Skype: denverqueen0920
Ms_denverqueen on Twitter
Instagram: denverqueen0920
Facebook: www.facebook.com/denverqueen0920
Or you can check out www.denverqueen.com for more information.

On 9/2/2015 3:34 PM, Marie wrote:

Beth,

I understand your frustration with the Bard site but you must admit they have done a very creditable job of providing us with the digital books and the mobile app which is great. I would think we could have a little patience with their current difficulties. I am sure they are working hard to fix the problems and will have the site up as soon as they can.

Marie

.

 

 

From: Beth

Sent: Wednesday, September 02, 2015 10:40 AM

Subject: [TechTalk] Fwd: BARD Outage

 

This is the latest I have on Bard from Colorado's Talking Book Library, and I'm going to literally fudge the Congress people if they can't get us back our books soon. No more errors! Please!
Beth



-------- Forwarded Message --------

Subject:

BARD Outage

Date:

Wed, 2 Sep 2015 10:18:37 -0600

From:

Teresa Kalber mailto:kalber_t@...

To:

Beth Taurasi mailto:thebluesisloose@...




Good morning,

If you are a BARD user you may have noticed that the BARD website and mobile app have not been accessible over the last day. The following is a message from the National Library Service regarding this issue:

“NLS is experiencing technical problems with communication channels administered by the Library of Congress that are necessary to run BARD. We are making every effort to fix the problem and restore service.”

This is all the information we have at the present time.

We will send out another message as soon as BARD is back up and running.

Thank you for your patience and understanding!

Sincerely,

Colorado Talking Book Library

 



Teresa Kalber
Network Systems Administrator
Colorado Talking Book Library
303.727.9277  |  Mobile   |  Fax 303.727.9281  |  Toll-free 1.800.685.2136
Kalber_T@...  |  www.myctbl.org
180 Sheridan Boulevard, Denver, CO 80226



     

Email cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses.  Therefore, email cannot be used to transfer files containing personally identifiable information of educators or students.  Contact the intended recipient to mutually determine enhanced security options for transferring such information.

 

 

 



Matt
 

Well, don’t know how long it been but a week it depends on the problem and if they are doing it their self or they have it bid out. Somethings is just not simple enough to get rid of or fix in a day or two. We got a virus at my work place that effected about 1000 employees or more and it took forever to get back to some kind of normal! Also not only could it be a virus or something like that it could be they have been hacked! So all kind of things it could be. We may never know for sure just that it did get fixed when it does get fixed. So everything is not simple like you think it is! JST!

 

 

From: Beth [mailto:thebluesisloose@...]
Sent: Wednesday, September 02, 2015 7:46 PM
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Fwd: BARD Outage

 

I see what you mean, but a technical problem should be fixed in a reasonable amount of time, and a whole week of this stuff is unreasonable.
Beth

Beth Taurasi, Windows 10 edition,
Cell: 720-435-7407
Skype: denverqueen0920
Ms_denverqueen on Twitter
Instagram: denverqueen0920
Facebook: www.facebook.com/denverqueen0920
Or you can check out www.denverqueen.com for more information.

On 9/2/2015 5:26 PM, Gene wrote:

Frankly, if you take that position and start harrassing members of Congress and library staff, you will simply come off as rude and unreasonable.  This is a good service.  It is usually reliable.  The public eye makes no difference.  The public doesn't even know the service exists.  This has nothing to do with the tea party or anything political.  It is some sort of technical problem. 

 

A real legitimate case of poor treatment is one thing.  Some sort oftechnical problem in a service that is usually reliable is something else again.

 

Gene

 

From: Beth

Sent: Wednesday, September 02, 2015 5:53 PM

Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Fwd: BARD Outage

 

Marie,
I understand I should be patient, but patience never paid off. We blind people can't just go to a library and pick up books we like, and Bard is for some about 80% of book access, so you have to admit that this error is unprecedented, but I say it's unacceptable because it's not good for the public eye for the site to be down for this many days. Remember the Congressional Kindergarten class that resulted in the shutdown? Well, because of a Tea Party full of greed, we lost access to books, and that's unfair. I won't let that happen to me or thousands of other readers.
Beth

Beth Taurasi, Windows 10 edition,
Cell: 720-435-7407
Skype: denverqueen0920
Ms_denverqueen on Twitter
Instagram: denverqueen0920
Facebook: www.facebook.com/denverqueen0920
Or you can check out www.denverqueen.com for more information.

On 9/2/2015 3:34 PM, Marie wrote:

Beth,

I understand your frustration with the Bard site but you must admit they have done a very creditable job of providing us with the digital books and the mobile app which is great. I would think we could have a little patience with their current difficulties. I am sure they are working hard to fix the problems and will have the site up as soon as they can.

Marie

.

 

 

From: Beth

Sent: Wednesday, September 02, 2015 10:40 AM

Subject: [TechTalk] Fwd: BARD Outage

 

This is the latest I have on Bard from Colorado's Talking Book Library, and I'm going to literally fudge the Congress people if they can't get us back our books soon. No more errors! Please!
Beth



-------- Forwarded Message --------

Subject:

BARD Outage

Date:

Wed, 2 Sep 2015 10:18:37 -0600

From:

Teresa Kalber mailto:kalber_t@...

To:

Beth Taurasi mailto:thebluesisloose@...




Good morning,

If you are a BARD user you may have noticed that the BARD website and mobile app have not been accessible over the last day. The following is a message from the National Library Service regarding this issue:

“NLS is experiencing technical problems with communication channels administered by the Library of Congress that are necessary to run BARD. We are making every effort to fix the problem and restore service.”

This is all the information we have at the present time.

We will send out another message as soon as BARD is back up and running.

Thank you for your patience and understanding!

Sincerely,

Colorado Talking Book Library

 



Teresa Kalber
Network Systems Administrator
Colorado Talking Book Library
303.727.9277  |  Mobile   |  Fax 303.727.9281  |  Toll-free 1.800.685.2136
Kalber_T@...  |  www.myctbl.org
180 Sheridan Boulevard, Denver, CO 80226



     

Email cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses.  Therefore, email cannot be used to transfer files containing personally identifiable information of educators or students.  Contact the intended recipient to mutually determine enhanced security options for transferring such information.

 

 

 

 


Beth
 


Beth Taurasi, Windows 10 edition,
Cell: 720-435-7407
Skype: denverqueen0920
Ms_denverqueen on Twitter
Instagram: denverqueen0920
Facebook: www.facebook.com/denverqueen0920
Or you can check out www.denverqueen.com for more information.

On 9/2/2015 5:50 PM, Gene wrote:
> When you say you can't read Braille books, you can read them.  You > can use a Braille translation program that will convert Grade 2 > English Braille files into standard text files.  That's how a lot of > people read books from book share.  A lot of users of BookShare do > not have Braille displays. > > If you want to know where to get such a program, a lot of list > members can probably tell you. > > Gene ----- Original Message ----- *From:* Beth > <mailto:thebluesisloose@...> *Sent:* Wednesday, September 02, > 2015 6:42 PM *To:* TechTalk@groups.io <mailto:TechTalk@groups.io> > *Subject:* Re: [TechTalk] Fwd: BARD Outage > > NLS Bard is great, but it is in the hands of Congressional peoples, > people who don't always know what we need. Not all of you guys can > afford Bookshare, and we all know what Kindle is capable of ... lol > But my thing is I can't read Braille books at the moment, and where > to put the Bookshare stuff because my Apex is flat and I need to > purchase a new charger. Maybe I'll call Humanware, and then I will > have to purchase the charger with a gift card my pop and mom are > supposed to send me soon. Beth > > Beth Taurasi, Windows 10 edition, Cell: 720-435-7407 Skype: > denverqueen0920 Ms_denverqueen on Twitter Instagram: denverqueen0920 > Facebook: www.facebook.com/denverqueen0920 > <http://www.facebook.com/denverqueen0920> Or you can check out > www.denverqueen.com <http://www.denverqueen.com> for more > information. > > On 9/2/2015 5:22 PM, Matt wrote: >> Well, this is government and weather they are doing it their self >> the update or upgrades or they bid it out it is still government in >> this case and it always take longer and for some reason if it can >> go wrong it will with government! But this being said just remember >> this is free to us. Well sort of our tax payer dollars is paying >> for it. But it is free and a great resource for us! It is not like >> they owe it to us! There is now lots of other sources out there so >> the thing in the nut shell don't bite the hand that is feeding you >> something fairly good for free! It is a great service and glad we >> have something like this. It is sort of like the BARD app for the >> iPhone. Is it perfect no but it is very good. Even though they have >> not updated it in along long time. I would really like to see a >> timer within the app ! But is this a deal breaker no. But it is a >> big feature that does needs addressing. So we should be more >> grateful for such things as it could be a whole lot worst on us . >> JST ! >> >> >> Thanks, Matt.from.florida@... >> <mailto:Matt.from.florida@...> >> >> -----Original Message----- From: Melissa Hammitt >> [mailto:mjmarney@...] Sent: Wednesday, September 02, 2015 >> 6:38 PM To: TechTalk@groups.io <mailto:TechTalk@groups.io> Subject: >> Re: [TechTalk] Fwd: BARD Outage >> >> I understand the frustrations since I am frustrated also ... mainly >> because I got a glimpse of the recent additions and there were some >> books I've been waiting on there. Lol luckily I am a heavy >> bookshare user and also get a lot of books via kindle--freebies and >> stuff from authors I like--so I have a bunch of books to tide me >> over until BARD is back up. Luckily also for me I have some books >> on my BARD app already. I just think of this as a good time to >> whittle down my TBR pile some. :) >> >> Melissa >> >> On 9/2/15, Merv Keck <blind5sparrow@... >> <mailto:blind5sparrow@...>> wrote: >>> Hi, >>> >>> Although I am a registered BARD user, I tend to use bookshare >>> most of the time, therefore I know very little about how NLS >>> works on the web and my iPhone. However, I did see an FCC >>> bulletin that may or may not be related stating that a major >>> upgrade to some Federal databases would be happening between >>> September second and September 8th. Therefore, many FCC related >>> services with what they termed as web-facing interfaces would be >>> affected.. This notice that I read did not mention BARD but since >>> it is apparently widespread and is a result of some major >>> upgrades on the national level servers I am wondering if BARD is >>> affected. >>> >>> >>> >>> From: Marie [mailto:magpie.mn@...] Sent: Wednesday, >>> September 2, 2015 5:34 PM To: TechTalk@groups.io >>> <mailto:TechTalk@groups.io> Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Fwd: BARD >>> Outage >>> >>> >>> >>> Beth, >>> >>> I understand your frustration with the Bard site but you must >>> admit they have done a very creditable job of providing us with >>> the digital books and the mobile app which is great. I would >>> think we could have a little patience with their current >>> difficulties. I am sure they are working hard to fix the problems >>> and will have the site up as soon as they can. >>> >>> Marie >>> >>> ... >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> From: Beth <mailto:thebluesisloose@...> >>> >>> Sent: Wednesday, September 02, 2015 10:40 AM >>> >>> To: TechTalk@groups.io <mailto:TechTalk@groups.io> >>> <mailto:TechTalk@groups.io> >>> >>> Subject: [TechTalk] Fwd: BARD Outage >>> >>> >>> >>> This is the latest I have on Bard from Colorado's Talking Book >>> Library, and I'm going to literally fudge the Congress people if >>> they can't get us back our books soon. No more errors! Please! >>> Beth >>> >>> >>> >>> -------- Forwarded Message -------- >>> >>> >>> Subject: >>> >>> BARD Outage >>> >>> >>> Date: >>> >>> Wed, 2 Sep 2015 10:18:37 -0600 >>> >>> >>> From: >>> >>> Teresa Kalber mailto:kalber_t@... >>> >>> >>> To: >>> >>> Beth Taurasi mailto:thebluesisloose@... >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> Good morning, >>> >>> If you are a BARD user you may have noticed that the BARD website >>> and mobile app have not been accessible over the last day. The >>> following is a message from the National Library Service >>> regarding this issue: >>> >>> “NLS is experiencing technical problems with communication >>> channels administered by the Library of Congress that are >>> necessary to run BARD. We are making every effort to fix the >>> problem and restore service.” >>> >>> This is all the information we have at the present time. >>> >>> We will send out another message as soon as BARD is back up and >>> running. >>> >>> Thank you for your patience and understanding! >>> >>> Sincerely, >>> >>> Colorado Talking Book Library >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> Teresa Kalber Network Systems Administrator Colorado Talking Book >>> Library 303.727.9277  |  Mobile   |  Fax 303.727.9281  | >>> Toll-free 1.800.685.2136 Kalber_T@... >>> <mailto:Kalber_T@...> >>> <mailto:Kalber_T@...>   | www.myctbl.org >>> <http://www.myctbl.org> <http://www.myctbl.org> 180 Sheridan >>> Boulevard, Denver, CO 80226  <http://www.cde.state.co.us> >>> >>> <https://www.facebook.com/codepted> >>> <https://twitter.com/codepted> >>> <http://www.youtube.com/codeptofed> >>> <http://www.linkedin.com/company/colorado-department-of-education/>

I did not think about that. Thanks.
Beth