From: "Andrew" <edrew@cox.net>
To: <TechTalk@groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, September 03, 2015 6:02 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] software to determine how many on my network

Hello all, I seem to remember Carlos talking to a lady about a program that
id's how many devices using my wye fye. Thanks for any suggestions. Andrew

Carlos

Note that the same developer also has another similar utility called WhoIsConnectedSniffer,
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/who_is_connected_sniffer.html
but unlike Wireless Network Watcher it requires that you install a capture driver.

You are thinking of Wireless Network Watcher.
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wireless_network_watcher.html
Hello all, I seem to remember Carlos talking to a lady about a program that
id's how many devices using my wye fye. Thanks for any suggestions. Andrew

Liu Kai

how do I kick people from my network? wireless

You are thinking of Wireless Network Watcher.
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wireless_network_watcher.html
Hello all, I seem to remember Carlos talking to a lady about a program that
id's how many devices using my wye fye. Thanks for any suggestions. Andrew

Carlos

I don't believe Wireless Network Watcher has the ability to do this. Probably the only good way to do this is from your routers interface.

how do I kick people from my network? wireless

You are thinking of Wireless Network Watcher.
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wireless_network_watcher.html
Hello all, I seem to remember Carlos talking to a lady about a program that
id's how many devices using my wye fye. Thanks for any suggestions. Andrew

Matt

Why not password it ?

Thanks,
Matt.from.florida@gmail.com

how do I kick people from my network? wireless

You are thinking of Wireless Network Watcher.
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wireless_network_watcher.html
Hello all, I seem to remember Carlos talking to a lady about a program
that
id's how many devices using my wye fye. Thanks for any suggestions.
Andrew

Carlos

Agreed, if you simply want to be able to kick devices from the network for some reason that is one thing, but if you have not already done so then you should definitely secure it with a password as Matt suggests.

how do I kick people from my network? wireless

You are thinking of Wireless Network Watcher.
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wireless_network_watcher.html
Hello all, I seem to remember Carlos talking to a lady about a program
that
id's how many devices using my wye fye. Thanks for any suggestions.
Andrew

Merv Keck <blind5sparrow@...>

Hi,
This little app is not going to let you kick someone off your network. And
the learning curve is a little difficult for some of the more advanced
functions so it is not for everyone. However, if you have an iPhone and you
do not mind spending a few dollars there is a nice little app out there
called Network analyzer. There is a free version as well but the paid
version does traceroute, ping, who is, DNS, and port scan in a tools
section. The paid tools were once not accessible but with the latest update
I have been able to use all five of the tools as well as everything else in
the app quite successfully.
Hope that helps.
Merv