From: Gene
Sent: Friday, September 04, 2015 6:02 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] Promoting the list

I've been thinking a bit about how to promote the list.  I'm not sure about this, but I think the person who edits Top Tech Tidbits would be willing to run an item about the list.  Perhaps other list members would have other suggestions.  I would say to wait before sending announcements to various places until this is discussed further but a little promotion might bring in many more members.

Gene

john schwery <jschwery@...>

Gene, J. J. from blind bargains might put in a spot.

earlier, Gene, wrote:

I've been thinking a bit about how to promote the list.  I'm not sure about this, but I think the person who edits Top Tech Tidbits would be willing to run an item about the list.  Perhaps other list members would have other suggestions.  I would say to wait before sending announcements to various places until this is discussed further but a little promotion might bring in many more members.

Gene

Carlos

179 members in a bit less than a week is not too bad.  At least in my opinion.  If the number of members does not increase significantly over the next 2 or 3 weeks, then some promotion might not be unreasonable, but just keep in mind that some members already seem to be having a problem with the amount of traffic.