From: Carlos [mailto:carlos1106@nyc.rr.com]
Sent: 05 September 2015 14:44
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] New list moderator

So, after not much consideration, I have assigned Gene moderator status. I
was honestly surprised that he has never previously been assigned this
position on other lists since he seems quite suitable in my opinion. For
now I am not going to burden him with the responsibility of daily
maintenance and moderating of the list since I would still like to gain some
experience myself, but he does now have the power and can take charge/offer
assistance when necessary if I for some reason mysteriously disappear or
kick the bucket.
I now return you to your regularly scheduled program.

Sylvia <sylvia0647@...>

Carlos, you have made a very wise choice. I'm confident that Gene will do an excellent job.

So, after not much consideration, I have assigned Gene moderator status.  I was honestly surprised that he has never previously been assigned this position on other lists since he seems quite suitable in my opinion.  For now I am not going to burden him with the responsibility of daily maintenance and moderating of the list since I would still like to gain some experience myself, but he does now have the power and can take charge/offer assistance when necessary if I for some reason mysteriously disappear or kick the bucket.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled program.

Blaster <blaster@...>

Excellent choice Carlos! Thanks for accepting the position Gene and Congratulations!

Best Regards,
Blaster

Gary Bowers <gdbowers@...>

Good choice, Carlos.

Gary in Texas

So, after not much consideration, I have assigned Gene moderator status. I
was honestly surprised that he has never previously been assigned this
position on other lists since he seems quite suitable in my opinion. For
now I am not going to burden him with the responsibility of daily
maintenance and moderating of the list since I would still like to gain some
experience myself, but he does now have the power and can take charge/offer
assistance when necessary if I for some reason mysteriously disappear or
kick the bucket.
I now return you to your regularly scheduled program.

Laz

Congratulations to Gene! As others have stated, very good choice, Carlos!

Laz

On 9/5/15, Gary Bowers <gdbowers@swbell.net> wrote:
Good choice, Carlos.

Gary in Texas

So, after not much consideration, I have assigned Gene moderator status. I
was honestly surprised that he has never previously been assigned this
position on other lists since he seems quite suitable in my opinion. For
now I am not going to burden him with the responsibility of daily
maintenance and moderating of the list since I would still like to gain
some
experience myself, but he does now have the power and can take charge/offer
assistance when necessary if I for some reason mysteriously disappear or
kick the bucket.
I now return you to your regularly scheduled program.

Bluetooth devices, and accessories
http://www.talkingmp3players.com/
Email: laz@talkingmp3players.com
Phone: 727-498-0121
Skype: lazmesa

Stan Bobbitt

A natural choice for moderator. Thanks for accepting the job Gene, M2C

Stan B

So, after not much consideration, I have assigned Gene moderator status. I
was honestly surprised that he has never previously been assigned this
position on other lists since he seems quite suitable in my opinion. For
now I am not going to burden him with the responsibility of daily
maintenance and moderating of the list since I would still like to gain some
experience myself, but he does now have the power and can take charge/offer
assistance when necessary if I for some reason mysteriously disappear or
kick the bucket.
I now return you to your regularly scheduled program.

Ron Canazzi

I agree. Or as Gene once said:
"Have a problem with your machine; time to call Gene!"

On 9/5/2015 10:06 AM, Blaster wrote:
Excellent choice Carlos! Thanks for accepting the position Gene and Congratulations!

Best Regards,
Blaster

Carlos

LOL did he actually say that? I don't remember that.

"Have a problem with your machine; time to call Gene!"

On 9/5/2015 10:06 AM, Blaster wrote:
Excellent choice Carlos! Thanks for accepting the position Gene and Congratulations!

Best Regards,
Blaster

emma goodwin <emma.sleeptalk@...>

Well done Gene and thank you for accepting the position. Carlos and
Gene will do a fine job and I'm sure this list will run smoothly and
efficiently. Well done Carlos and thank you Gene.

--
Email: emma.sleeptalk@gmail.com
Twitter: @emmasleeptalk

Ron Canazzi

Hi Carlos,

I think I got the quote right. I had a serious problem with some sort of driver several years ago. On the Blind Tech list, I asked and several people answered with possible solutions. Gene answered and his answer worked very well. I enthusiastically thanked him and I believe that is what he sent back.
Unless he corrects the actual quote, I believe that was correct.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ron Canazzi" <aa2vm@roadrunner.com>
"Have a problem with your machine; time to call Gene!"

On 9/5/2015 10:06 AM, Blaster wrote:
Excellent choice Carlos! Thanks for accepting the position Gene and Congratulations!

Best Regards,
Blaster

Carolyn Arnold

Good team.

Best from,

Carolyn

"Have a problem with your machine; time to call Gene!"

On 9/5/2015 10:06 AM, Blaster wrote:
Excellent choice Carlos! Thanks for accepting the position Gene and
Congratulations!

Best Regards,
Blaster

Gene

I said something similar a long time ago, long before this group.  The slogan is, to work your machine, just ask Gene.  I would say it now and then but it may have been five or ten years since I've said it.

LOL did he actually say that?  I don't remember that.
> "Have a problem with your machine; time to call Gene!"
>

> On 9/5/2015 10:06 AM, Blaster wrote:
>> Excellent choice Carlos! Thanks for accepting the position Gene and
>> Congratulations!
>>
>> Best Regards,
>> Blaster

Ron Canazzi

Ah I wasn't totally correct after all. Sorry 'bout that!

On 9/5/2015 5:01 PM, Gene wrote:
I said something similar a long time ago, long before this group. The slogan is, to work your machine, just ask Gene. I would say it now and then but it may have been five or ten years since I've said it.

LOL did he actually say that? I don't remember that.
"Have a problem with your machine; time to call Gene!"

On 9/5/2015 10:06 AM, Blaster wrote:
Excellent choice Carlos! Thanks for accepting the position Gene and
Congratulations!

Best Regards,
Blaster

Gene

Thanks to all who have or will send complimentary messages of approval.  As I said a few days ago in a different context, as the car said when the new owner drove it off the lot, I depreciate it.

I think Carlos and I see things in about the same way regarding how to run a list.  So if, for some reason, I do moderate it for Carlos temporarily, I expect my decisions to be similar to what Carlos would do.  Continuity and reliability are important in a well run list.

Carlos, you have made a very wise choice. I'm confident that Gene will do an excellent job.

So, after not much consideration, I have assigned Gene moderator status.  I was honestly surprised that he has never previously been assigned this position on other lists since he seems quite suitable in my opinion.  For now I am not going to burden him with the responsibility of daily maintenance and moderating of the list since I would still like to gain some experience myself, but he does now have the power and can take charge/offer assistance when necessary if I for some reason mysteriously disappear or kick the bucket.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled program.

Christina Stolze

Gene,

Congratulations I know you and Carlos will work well together and great decision Carlos.

Christina

[...]

Barb O'Connor

Carlos, think you've made a very good choice

Barb

So, after not much consideration, I have assigned Gene moderator status.  I was honestly surprised that he has never previously been assigned this position on other lists since he seems quite suitable in my opinion.  For now I am not going to burden him with the responsibility of daily maintenance and moderating of the list since I would still like to gain some experience myself, but he does now have the power and can take charge/offer assistance when necessary if I for some reason mysteriously disappear or kick the bucket.
I now return you to your regularly scheduled program.

TerriLynne Pomeroy <tl1@...>

Gene is who I would have picked. *smile*

TerriLynne

Carlos, think you've made a very good choice

Barb

So, after not much consideration, I have assigned Gene moderator status.  I was honestly surprised that he has never previously been assigned this position on other lists since he seems quite suitable in my opinion.  For now I am not going to burden him with the responsibility of daily maintenance and moderating of the list since I would still like to gain some experience myself, but he does now have the power and can take charge/offer assistance when necessary if I for some reason mysteriously disappear or kick the bucket.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled program.

James Bentley

I am quite happy to agree.

Carlos and Gene make a great team.  This list will only prosper under current management.

James

Sent: Saturday, September 05, 2015 5:31 PM

[...]

Janet Gross

Hi Carlos,

I do believe you made a smart choice.  I agree with you when you say your surprised Gene has never been assigned this kind of position before because this surprises me also!

Regards,

Janet