Attempting to subscribe to a specific podcast

jldail13@...

Hi
I found a podcast I want to subscribe to, but icatcher; my podcast player of choice, says the link is invalid.
I have emailed the developer, and I'm waiting for response. In the meantime, I was wondering if one of you guys could help me.
How could I subscribed to this podcast?
Here's the link,

Thanks,
Jessica

Sent from my iPhone

Flor Lynch

Sorry, when I tried that link, I got: “Safari cannot open the page because the server cannot be found.”

What’s the name of the podcast? In the podcatching clients that I have on my iPhone, I know of DownCast and RSSRadio, it’s best to search by the podcast title.

Sent: Sunday, September 06, 2015 7:24 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] Attempting to subscribe to a specific podcast
Hi
I found a podcast I want to subscribe to, but icatcher; my podcast player of choice, says the link is invalid.
I have emailed the developer, and I'm waiting for response. In the meantime, I was wondering if one of you guys could help me.
Here's the link,

Thanks,
Jessica

Sent from my iPhone

Gene

When I use firefox to follow the link, a web page comes up showing various editions of a program.  However, the page contains no information about how to subscribe and it doesn't look like a podcast subscription page to me, at least not the few I've seen.  I don't subscribe to podcasts, I listen to them now and then but not by subscribing.  I don't think this page is the subscription page.  It looks like a page where people can listen to the podcasts without subscribing.

gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, September 06, 2015 1:42 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Attempting to subscribe to a specific podcast

Sorry, when I tried that link, I got: “Safari cannot open the page because the server cannot be found.”

What’s the name of the podcast? In the podcatching clients that I have on my iPhone, I know of DownCast and RSSRadio, it’s best to search by the podcast title.

Hi
Here's the link,

Thanks,
Jessica

Sent from my iPhone

jldail13@...

Hi
Search "the weekend 22" exclude the quotation marks when you search.
Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 6, 2015, at 2:42 PM, Flor Lynch <florlync@...> wrote:

Hi
Here's the link,

Thanks,
Jessica

Sent from my iPhone

Chris G <jedikent@...>

Hi,
Here is the address you want:
http://TheWeekend22.podbean.com/feed/

Chris Grabowski
Mystic Access
Where the magic is in learning.
http://www.MysticAccess.com

Check out our eclectic and comprehensive assistive technology podcasts at:
http://www.MysticAccessPodcast.com

Phone: (716) 543-3323
Direct Line: (716) 670-1221
Facebook: mysticaccessempower
Twitter: MysticAccess
733 Delaware Rd 341
Buffalo, NY 14223

On Sun, 6 Sep 2015 14:24:16 -0400
"Jessica D" <jldail13@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi
Here's the link,

http://theweekend22.podbean.com/mobile/
Thanks,
Jessica

Sent from my iPhone
Chris Grabowski
Mystic Access

733 Delaware Rd 341
Buffalo, NY 14223

Kwork

Jessica, try this link instead
That is the feed page for the podcast, and you should be able to subscribe using that link. The page you gave appears to be just for playing the episodes on mobile devices. Let us know if that works.
Travis

Sent: Sunday, September 06, 2015 11:24 AM

Hi
Here's the link,

Thanks,
Jessica

Sent from my iPhone

Kwork

That's because it was the mobile page.
is the page for the actual feed.
Travis

Sent: Sunday, September 06, 2015 11:56 AM

When I use firefox to follow the link, a web page comes up showing various editions of a program.  However, the page contains no information about how to subscribe and it doesn't look like a podcast subscription page to me, at least not the few I've seen.  I don't subscribe to podcasts, I listen to them now and then but not by subscribing.  I don't think this page is the subscription page.  It looks like a page where people can listen to the podcasts without subscribing.

gene

Hi
Here's the link,

Thanks,
Jessica

Sent from my iPhone

Flor Lynch

That feed opens onto the podcast subscribe in my favourite pod-catcher (RSSRadio) on my iPhone here, so it works.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Sunday, September 06, 2015 8:12 PM
To: TechTalk@groups.io

Hi,
Here is the address you want:
http://TheWeekend22.podbean.com/feed/

Chris Grabowski
Mystic Access

733 Delaware Rd 341
Buffalo, NY 14223

On Sun, 6 Sep 2015 14:24:16 -0400
"Jessica D" <jldail13@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi
Here's the link,

http://theweekend22.podbean.com/mobile/
Thanks,
Jessica

Sent from my iPhone
Chris Grabowski
Mystic Access

733 Delaware Rd 341
Buffalo, NY 14223

Flor Lynch

Well, if it is the ‘mobile page’ it doesn’t open in Safari on iOS8.4.1, the latest iOS full iteration. The feed URL, however, opens in a mobile podcatcher, as it should, and as an RSS Feed on the PC, as so it should.

Sent: Sunday, September 06, 2015 8:23 PM
Travis

gene

Hi
Here's the link,

Thanks,
Jessica

Sent from my iPhone

Kwork

I guess I just assumed it was the mobile page since the url ended with the word "mobile."
Travis

Sent: Sunday, September 06, 2015 12:45 PM

Well, if it is the ‘mobile page’ it doesn’t open in Safari on iOS8.4.1, the latest iOS full iteration. The feed URL, however, opens in a mobile podcatcher, as it should, and as an RSS Feed on the PC, as so it should.

Travis

gene

Hi
Here's the link,

Thanks,
Jessica

Sent from my iPhone

Flor Lynch

Also the mobile page, if entered in RSSRadio’s URL’s search field, returns RSS! or something similar, meaning that it can’t parse it. Howevedr, the corrected feed URL which you provided, gave me an idea of how such entries should look there, as it worked. (I’d tried a few URL’s previously, that didn’t work, and returned the error I have cited.) 

Sent: Sunday, September 06, 2015 11:54 PM
I guess I just assumed it was the mobile page since the url ended with the word "mobile."
Travis
Sent: Sunday, September 06, 2015 12:45 PM

Travis

gene

Hi
Here's the link,

Thanks,
Jessica

Sent from my iPhone