Looking for a vibrating alarm

Cristóbal

Hello list,

So my wife’s more a night owl and I’m an early bird. Thus, I am in search of some sort of vibrating alarm clock/device that I can perhaps tuck under my pillow or preferably strap to my ankle where I can wake up at a certain time without using a traditional alarm. Be it a standalone clock or even my iPhone.

It doesn’t even have to be blind accessible per say as I can always use my wife’s eyeballs to set whatever time I want.

I would imagine something like this would be geared towards the deaf crowd, but I have no idea what such a device is called or what to look for.

Doing a quick search on Amazon, I really only find one result. Something called the silent vibrating personal alarm clock by Tec Tools. It has pretty crappy ratings though.

Can anyone recommend anything or what to look for?

Thanks,

Juanita Martin <jordmartin@...>

You could set an alarm on your iPhone, and then put the switch to mute and it would still vibrate.

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 10, 2015, at 9:59 PM, Cristóbal <crismunoz54@...> wrote:

Hello list,

So my wife’s more a night owl and I’m an early bird. Thus, I am in search of some sort of vibrating alarm clock/device that I can perhaps tuck under my pillow or preferably strap to my ankle where I can wake up at a certain time without using a traditional alarm. Be it a standalone clock or even my iPhone.

It doesn’t even have to be blind accessible per say as I can always use my wife’s eyeballs to set whatever time I want.

I would imagine something like this would be geared towards the deaf crowd, but I have no idea what such a device is called or what to look for.

Doing a quick search on Amazon, I really only find one result. Something called the silent vibrating personal alarm clock by Tec Tools. It has pretty crappy ratings though.

Can anyone recommend anything or what to look for?

Thanks,

joseph hudson <jhud7789@...>

Hi, well that'll be true it actually does not sound the alarm completely. The alarm noise actually goes off really loud as well.
Joseph Hudson
Email
I device support
Telephone
2543007667
Skype
joseph.hudson89 facebook
Twitter

On Sep 11, 2015, at 12:54 AM, Juanita Martin <jordmartin@...> wrote:

[...]

Carolyn Arnold

Got an iPhone? They have vibration for the ring, don't know about the alarm.

Best from,

Carolyn

[...]

Again, looking for something to tuck under the pillow or strap to a wrist or ankle.

[...]

Again, not interested in using the phone. Something to tuck under a pillow
or strap to an ankle or wrist.

[...]

You might try Independent Living or Maxie Aids and look for alarm clocks for the deaf. At least it would vibrate.

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 11, 2015, at 11:35 AM, Cristóbal <crismunoz54@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

Yes when the alarm sounds the phone will vibrate.

On 11 Sep 2015, at 13:39, Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@windstream.net> wrote:

[...]

Chris, he doesn't want to use his iPhone. He wants a regular clock that will just vibrate whenever the alarm sound. Anyway I hope he finds what he needs.
Joseph Hudson
Email
I device support
Telephone
2543007667
Skype
joseph.hudson89 facebook
Twitter

On 11 Sep 2015, at 13:39, Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...> wrote:

[...]

RNIB in the UK do one for £15.00 in the UK.

On 11 Sep 2015, at 21:27, joseph hudson <jhud7789@...> wrote:

[...]

Anders Holmberg <anders@...>

Hi!
But wont the iphone get damaged if you put it under your pillow?
I am also intrested in a vibrating alarm as i sleep with earplugs

/A

11 sep. 2015 kl. 07:54 skrev Juanita Martin <jordmartin@...>:

[...]

Gerald Levy

The 4-in-1 Talking Super Clock, which is available from Future Aids for $19.95, has a vibrating alarm that is easy to set.  In addition, it has three alarm sounds which can be set independently or used in conjunction with the vibrating alarm.  This clock is small enough to fit in a pocket and runs on two easily replaceableAAA batteries.  Besides the vibrating alarm, this oval-shaped clock has talking calendar and talking countdown and countup functions, all of which can be easily adjusted using the spoken menu prompts.  It even has a retractable stand so that it can be placed upright on a desk or nightstand.  I keep mine in the pocket of my pajama top while I’m sleeping so that I can feel the vibrating alarm on my chest, but is small enough to be placed under a pillow or strapped to an arm or leg.  This clock is a great choice for anyone who is hearing impairedor just wants a talking clock with a discreet, vibrating  alarm.  I have not seen this particular clock anywhere else except Future Aids.  Check it out if you’re interested:

Gerald

Sent: Saturday, September 12, 2015 8:27 AM

[...]

Carlos

Yep I have that one too.  Nice little clock.

Sent: Saturday, September 12, 2015 8:27 AM

[...]

Liu Kai

I’m not sure if the ideal thing to do is sleep with your I phone under your head. that may cause some unwanted problems in the long term.

Sent: Saturday, September 12, 2015 8:27 AM

[...]

@KM

I would check either at Independent Living or Maxi Aide for one. I believe my nephew got his at Maxi Aide a while back.

[...]

If you want to discuss anything non-tech related, please move the conversation to our chat subgroup.

To join the chat subgroup for this list, send a message to:
TechTalk+chat+subscribe@groups.io

To unsubscribe from the chat subgroup:

To message the chat subgroup:
TechTalk+chat@groups.io