Accessible Third Party Uninstaller

Ron Canazzi

Hi Group,

Today I inadvertently installed something called 360 Security. It was part of a package that came with Free Studio 6.X that I used to value and use to convert YouTube to MP3 and Download Youtube Videos. This updated suite is totally inaccessible. What's more it installed this junk ware on my system. There is an uninstall screen for the package, but like the program it is inaccessible. I cannot restore the system because of this security program.

I would have to get a third party uninstaller that is accessible. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any help.

--

Signature:
They ask me if I'm Happy, I say "yes."

juan gonzalez

i would recommend revo uninstaller. you can grab a download file at ninite.com when you run it, it will open the uninstaller of the program you are trying to uninstall. if it is not accessible just close it and continue with the revo uninstaller wizard. it will remove the program and clean your system in case that program left files behind.

Juan Gonzalez
E-Z Computer Repair
jgonzalezh614@hotmail.com
(224) 730-4896

On Sep 16, 2015, at 12:11 AM, Ron Canazzi <aa2vm@roadrunner.com> wrote:

Hi Group,

Today I inadvertently installed something called 360 Security. It was part of a package that came with Free Studio 6.X that I used to value and use to convert YouTube to MP3 and Download Youtube Videos. This updated suite is totally inaccessible. What's more it installed this junk ware on my system.. There is an uninstall screen for the package, but like the program it is inaccessible. I cannot restore the system because of this security program.

I would have to get a third party uninstaller that is accessible. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any help.

--

Signature:
They ask me if I'm Happy, I say "yes."
They ask me "How happy are you?"
I say: "I'm as happy as a stowaway chimpanzee on a banana boat!"

Michael <mike122061@...>

Revo Uninstaller, its free. Perform a search for it.

Mike
mike122061@outlook.com

Today I inadvertently installed something called 360 Security. It was
part of a package that came with Free Studio 6.X that I used to value
and use to convert YouTube to MP3 and Download Youtube Videos. This
updated suite is totally inaccessible. What's more it installed this
junk ware on my system. There is an uninstall screen for the package,
but like the program it is inaccessible. I cannot restore the system
because of this security program.

I would have to get a third party uninstaller that is accessible. Does
anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any help.

--

Signature:
They ask me if I'm Happy, I say "yes."
They ask me "How happy are you?"
I say: "I'm as happy as a stowaway chimpanzee on a banana boat!"

Monte Single

Revo is fairly accessible, but be careful, it has more than one level of re,moval, I always stay away from things in the registry.

Today I inadvertently installed something called 360 Security. It was part of a package that came with Free Studio 6.X that I used to value and use to convert YouTube to MP3 and Download Youtube Videos. This updated suite is totally inaccessible. What's more it installed this junk ware on my system. There is an uninstall screen for the package, but like the program it is inaccessible. I cannot restore the system because of this security program.

I would have to get a third party uninstaller that is accessible. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any help.

--

Signature:
They ask me if I'm Happy, I say "yes."
They ask me "How happy are you?"
I say: "I'm as happy as a stowaway chimpanzee on a banana boat!"

Ron Canazzi

Hi Juan, Travis and anyone else who recommended the Revo Uninstaller Program:

It worked great! It was accessible, everything read properly and when those nasty inaccessible uninstall screens tried coming up, I closed them and Revo did it's thing. Nothing else seemed to be affected negatively, so I guess this will work for the forseeable future--unless they mess up the interface in a future release.

I did go to the Free Studio Web page and send them an assertive, but not negative or vulgar explanation as to why I uninstalled the software and begged them to redesign the interface so it works as before. But as with the NFL recent redesign of the page, I am not holding my breath--but you never know!

Thanks to everyone again!

On 9/16/2015 12:21 PM, juan gonzalez wrote:
[...]

Gene

Now, let's consider the dark side to the successful resolution of the problem.  If the Revo uninstaller can uninstall antimalware programs with self-defense features, than why can't malware do the same thing?  I'm not saying it can, I don't have the technical knowledge to know but it raises a disturbing question about how well antimalware programs can protect themselves.  I would be interested in comments from those with enough technical knowledge to discuss this.

Sent: Wednesday, September 16, 2015 11:07 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Accessible Third Party Uninstaller

Hi Juan, Travis and anyone else who recommended the Revo Uninstaller
Program:

It worked great!  It was accessible, everything read properly and when
those nasty inaccessible uninstall screens tried coming up, I closed
them and Revo did it's thing.  Nothing else seemed to be affected
negatively, so I guess this will work for the forseeable future--unless
they mess up the interface in a future release.

I did go to the Free Studio Web page and send them an assertive, but not
negative or vulgar explanation as to why I uninstalled the software and
begged them to redesign the interface so it works as before.  But as
with the NFL recent redesign of the page, I am not holding my
breath--but you never know!

Thanks to everyone again!

On 9/16/2015 12:21 PM, juan gonzalez wrote:
> i would recommend revo uninstaller. you can grab a download file at ninite.com when you run it, it will open the uninstaller of the program you are trying to uninstall. if it is not accessible just close it and continue with the revo uninstaller wizard. it will remove the program and clean your system in case that program left files behind.
>

> Juan Gonzalez
> E-Z Computer Repair
> jgonzalezh614@...
> (224) 730-4896
>
>> On Sep 16, 2015, at 12:11 AM, Ron Canazzi <aa2vm@...> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Group,
>>
>> Today I inadvertently installed something called 360 Security.  It was part of a package that came with Free Studio 6.X that I used to value and use to convert YouTube to MP3 and Download Youtube Videos.  This updated suite is totally inaccessible.  What's more it installed this junk ware on my system..  There is an uninstall screen for the package, but like the program it is inaccessible.  I cannot restore the system because of this security program.
>>
>> I would have to get a third party uninstaller that is accessible. Does anyone have any suggestions?
>>
>> Thanks in advance for any help.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Signature:
>> They ask me if I'm Happy, I say "yes."
>> They ask me "How happy are you?"
>> I say: "I'm as happy as a stowaway chimpanzee on a banana boat!"

Ron Canazzi

Hi Gene,

As usual, you make an interesting point. I have Avast with the self defensed modules turned on, but I don't want to try uninstalling it using Revo for fear I'll really screw something up. If anyone has an older or secondary system they don't mind screwing up, it would be interesting to see what would happen if they tried.

On 9/17/2015 12:18 AM, Gene wrote:
[...]

no problem. My thoughts on your inquiry Gene. I am not a programer but my thoughts are that there is different methods of removing programs. Malware might be a very aggressive way of removing your anti-malware program where revo and the the windows remove program are not. Maybe in the anti-malware code there is a peace that can detect in which method it is being removed. The reason i bring this up is because there are anti-malware programs that cannot be removed by revo or add and remove programs in windows. they come with there own removal programs. there for there is code that tells what can and can't uninstall the program. Now no anti-malware is 100 percent safe because any and all programs can be hacked these days. these are just my thoughts and ideas about this topic.

Juan Gonzalez
E-Z Computer Repair
(224) 730-4896

Sent: Wednesday, September 16, 2015 11:07 PM

Hi Juan, Travis and anyone else who recommended the Revo Uninstaller
Program:

It worked great!  It was accessible, everything read properly and when
those nasty inaccessible uninstall screens tried coming up, I closed
them and Revo did it's thing.  Nothing else seemed to be affected
negatively, so I guess this will work for the forseeable future--unless
they mess up the interface in a future release.

I did go to the Free Studio Web page and send them an assertive, but not
negative or vulgar explanation as to why I uninstalled the software and
begged them to redesign the interface so it works as before.  But as
with the NFL recent redesign of the page, I am not holding my
breath--but you never know!

Thanks to everyone again!

On 9/16/2015 12:21 PM, juan gonzalez wrote:
> i would recommend revo uninstaller. you can grab a download file at ninite.com when you run it, it will open the uninstaller of the program you are trying to uninstall. if it is not accessible just close it and continue with the revo uninstaller wizard. it will remove the program and clean your system in case that program left files behind.
>

> Juan Gonzalez
> E-Z Computer Repair
> jgonzalezh614@...
> (224) 730-4896
>
>> On Sep 16, 2015, at 12:11 AM, Ron Canazzi <aa2vm@...> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Group,
>>
>> Today I inadvertently installed something called 360 Security.  It was part of a package that came with Free Studio 6.X that I used to value and use to convert YouTube to MP3 and Download Youtube Videos.  This updated suite is totally inaccessible.  What's more it installed this junk ware on my system..  There is an uninstall screen for the package, but like the program it is inaccessible.  I cannot restore the system because of this security program.
>>
>> I would have to get a third party uninstaller that is accessible. Does anyone have any suggestions?
>>
>> Thanks in advance for any help.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Signature:
>> They ask me if I'm Happy, I say "yes."
>> They ask me "How happy are you?"
>> I say: "I'm as happy as a stowaway chimpanzee on a banana boat!"

Carlos

What it really comes down to is that no self-defense is 100 percent foolproof.  Some malware is in fact capable of disabling your protection and may occasionally do so.  It is a constant battle between creators of malware and developers of protection software.

Sent: Wednesday, September 16, 2015 11:07 PM

Hi Juan, Travis and anyone else who recommended the Revo Uninstaller
Program:

It worked great!  It was accessible, everything read properly and when
those nasty inaccessible uninstall screens tried coming up, I closed
them and Revo did it's thing.  Nothing else seemed to be affected
negatively, so I guess this will work for the forseeable future--unless
they mess up the interface in a future release.

I did go to the Free Studio Web page and send them an assertive, but not
negative or vulgar explanation as to why I uninstalled the software and
begged them to redesign the interface so it works as before.  But as
with the NFL recent redesign of the page, I am not holding my
breath--but you never know!

Thanks to everyone again!

On 9/16/2015 12:21 PM, juan gonzalez wrote:
> i would recommend revo uninstaller. you can grab a download file at ninite.com when you run it, it will open the uninstaller of the program you are trying to uninstall. if it is not accessible just close it and continue with the revo uninstaller wizard. it will remove the program and clean your system in case that program left files behind.
>

> Juan Gonzalez
> E-Z Computer Repair
> jgonzalezh614@...
> (224) 730-4896
>
>> On Sep 16, 2015, at 12:11 AM, Ron Canazzi <aa2vm@...> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Group,
>>
>> Today I inadvertently installed something called 360 Security.  It was part of a package that came with Free Studio 6.X that I used to value and use to convert YouTube to MP3 and Download Youtube Videos.  This updated suite is totally inaccessible.  What's more it installed this junk ware on my system..  There is an uninstall screen for the package, but like the program it is inaccessible.  I cannot restore the system because of this security program.
>>
>> I would have to get a third party uninstaller that is accessible. Does anyone have any suggestions?
>>
>> Thanks in advance for any help.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Signature:
>> They ask me if I'm Happy, I say "yes."
>> They ask me "How happy are you?"
>> I say: "I'm as happy as a stowaway chimpanzee on a banana boat!"

Thomas N. Chan

In some ways, you might be correct.

In some better antivirus solution, you can’t even close the process to begin with. So if the executable is still running, whatever you do, you can’t even remove that folder, let alone another uninstaller. Mcafee, Eset, Symantec etc, all have that sort of self-protection.

Of course, let what carlos said, no self-protection its going to be 100% foolproof.

--------------------
regards
Thomas N. Chan

Sent: Wednesday, September 16, 2015 11:07 PM

Hi Juan, Travis and anyone else who recommended the Revo Uninstaller
Program:

It worked great!  It was accessible, everything read properly and when
those nasty inaccessible uninstall screens tried coming up, I closed
them and Revo did it's thing.  Nothing else seemed to be affected
negatively, so I guess this will work for the forseeable future--unless
they mess up the interface in a future release.

I did go to the Free Studio Web page and send them an assertive, but not
negative or vulgar explanation as to why I uninstalled the software and
begged them to redesign the interface so it works as before.  But as
with the NFL recent redesign of the page, I am not holding my
breath--but you never know!

Thanks to everyone again!

On 9/16/2015 12:21 PM, juan gonzalez wrote:
> i would recommend revo uninstaller. you can grab a download file at ninite.com when you run it, it will open the uninstaller of the program you are trying to uninstall. if it is not accessible just close it and continue with the revo uninstaller wizard. it will remove the program and clean your system in case that program left files behind.
>

> Juan Gonzalez
> E-Z Computer Repair
> jgonzalezh614@...
> (224) 730-4896
>
>> On Sep 16, 2015, at 12:11 AM, Ron Canazzi <aa2vm@...> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Group,
>>
>> Today I inadvertently installed something called 360 Security.  It was part of a package that came with Free Studio 6.X that I used to value and use to convert YouTube to MP3 and Download Youtube Videos.  This updated suite is totally inaccessible.  What's more it installed this junk ware on my system..  There is an uninstall screen for the package, but like the program it is inaccessible.  I cannot restore the system because of this security program.
>>
>> I would have to get a third party uninstaller that is accessible. Does anyone have any suggestions?
>>
>> Thanks in advance for any help.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Signature:
>> They ask me if I'm Happy, I say "yes."
>> They ask me "How happy are you?"
>> I say: "I'm as happy as a stowaway chimpanzee on a banana boat!"

N K Shackelford <nance62lady@...>

I have had nothing but good success with the ReVo uninstaller. I got rid of that nasty Macafee stuff with it as well. I am using Avast! For my virus protection and Super Antispy ware for getting of adware and such..

Nance

Sent: Wednesday, September 16, 2015 11:07 PM

Hi Juan, Travis and anyone else who recommended the Revo Uninstaller
Program:

It worked great!  It was accessible, everything read properly and when
those nasty inaccessible uninstall screens tried coming up, I closed
them and Revo did it's thing.  Nothing else seemed to be affected
negatively, so I guess this will work for the forseeable future--unless
they mess up the interface in a future release.

I did go to the Free Studio Web page and send them an assertive, but not
negative or vulgar explanation as to why I uninstalled the software and
begged them to redesign the interface so it works as before.  But as
with the NFL recent redesign of the page, I am not holding my
breath--but you never know!

Thanks to everyone again!

On 9/16/2015 12:21 PM, juan gonzalez wrote:
> i would recommend revo uninstaller. you can grab a download file at ninite.com when you run it, it will open the uninstaller of the program you are trying to uninstall. if it is not accessible just close it and continue with the revo uninstaller wizard. it will remove the program and clean your system in case that program left files behind.
>

> Juan Gonzalez
> E-Z Computer Repair
> jgonzalezh614@...
> (224) 730-4896
>
>> On Sep 16, 2015, at 12:11 AM, Ron Canazzi <aa2vm@...> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Group,
>>
>> Today I inadvertently installed something called 360 Security.  It was part of a package that came with Free Studio 6.X that I used to value and use to convert YouTube to MP3 and Download Youtube Videos.  This updated suite is totally inaccessible.  What's more it installed this junk ware on my system..  There is an uninstall screen for the package, but like the program it is inaccessible.  I cannot restore the system because of this security program.
>>
>> I would have to get a third party uninstaller that is accessible. Does anyone have any suggestions?
>>
>> Thanks in advance for any help.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Signature:
>> They ask me if I'm Happy, I say "yes."
>> They ask me "How happy are you?"
>> I say: "I'm as happy as a stowaway chimpanzee on a banana boat!"

Kwork

Ron, I'm glad it worked. As long as it still completely removed things
though you closed down the inaccessible uninstallers. This is good news. Let
us know if you hear back from the dvdvideosoft team.
Travis

[...]

Obviously you are either running an older version of mcafee or even self-protection not activated. If it can be remove easily, then you would be better off not use them.

regards
Thomas N. Chan

Sent: Wednesday, September 16, 2015 11:07 PM