Do Not Upgrade Free Youtube To Mp3 Converter to Version 4

Robin Frost

Hi,
I know this program is popular with many thus I thought I’d alert people of the following.  Do not upgrade to version
4.0.0.914
as it is completely inaccessible. No elements of the main window of the program can be accessed with any current version of screen readers.  I’ve tried with JFW 16 and 17 beta, NVDA 2015 and System Access.
Sadly their customer support desk is a zen desk creation thus the elements for selecting the program and version number you’re submitting a ticket about are not accessible.
However, their support forums are accessible and they are on social media. Their twitter is
@DVDVideoSoft
While it’s true that the prior version is still functional who knows how long it’ll remain so and upon launching it’ll now alert you every time out that there is an update.
I just thought I’d let users of this software know. Should anyone wish to join me in politely requesting that the degradation in accessibility be rectified that’d just be lovely.
Robin

Aidan <aidan.smarttalk@...>

I hope they will listen, but I must say that the versions I used wich
are workable, also gave me problems when downloading and converting
vidios. So I am actually looking for a better solution if someone can
suggest. I don't mind paying.

--
Facebook: m.facebook.com/aidan.maher92
Skype: andries4451

Carlos

Freemake Video Downloader
http://www.freemake.com/free_video_downloader/
Brief usage instructions:

1. Copy the URL from the address bar while a YouTube page is open. Note,
the program supports several other sites in addition to YouTube. I don't
remember the entire list of supported websites so feel free to experiment.
2. Paste it into the main window of the program with Control+V. The URL
will be added to the list for processing.
3. Tab a few times and you will see several radio buttons. If you just want
to download the video without converting it, make sure that the
"Only download"
radio button is checked. If you want to download and also convert the video
to another format like MP3, make sure that the
"Convert to"
radio button is checked.
4. If you chose the
"Only download"
radio button, you can skip this step. If you chose to convert the file, tab
once more after checking the
"Convert to"
radio button. You will wind up in a combo box that lists the available
formats. Select the format to which you want the video to be converted.
MP3 for example.
5. Tab a few more times and you will find a button that is not properly
labeled, but which simply says
"..."
This is a browse button. You can use it to select the folder where files
will be downloaded. By default, it will save files in the
"My Videos"
folder.
"My Videos"
is only the virtual name for this folder. The actual path to this folder is
C:\Users\UserName\Videos
In either case, you can use the button labeled
"..."
to change it. It will remember the folder you selected between sessions and
continue to use that folder until you change it again.
6. Tab once more and you will find a button labeled either
"Download"
or
"Download and convert"
depending on whether you chose to just download or convert the file in the
previous steps. Select this button and it will begin downloading and
possibly converting the file.

[...]

Sylvia <sylvia0647@...>

Hello, the program I use is called freemake video downloader.

[...]

Jim Rawls

Agree. Robin, what do you know of freemake converter ? Jim

[...]

Kwork

I've switched to Pontes Media Downloader:
http://www.pontes.ro/en/scripts/
I've been using it for the past month, and no problems so far. I nearly
updated my Free Youtube Download program from DvdVideoSoft, but was warned
in time, so have uninstalled it instead.
I've heard good things about Freemate also, but am happy with Pontes, which
uses the Youtube-dl command line program. From the options menu of the
Pontes program, you can check for updates to the Youtube-dl utility, and
it's usually updated every week or two, the most recent being Sept 9, 2015.
Travis

[...]

Byron Stephens

I just use songr to get youtube clips now.

[...]

-----
No virus found in this message.

Aidan <aidan.smarttalk@...>

Thanks guys. I will get to free make.

On 20/09/2015, Byron Stephens <bstephens122874@shaw.ca> wrote:
[...]

Victor

Hi all:

I use a web-based converter. www.youtube-mp3.org

Victor

On 9/20/15, Aidan <aidan.smarttalk@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

09/19/15

--
Facebook: m.facebook.com/aidan.maher92
Skype: andries4451
Twitter: smarttalk7
Audioboo: www.audioboo.com/DjSpotlight

Monica Jones

That's what I always used too. I didn't have an app, and from what I can see, it stil works.

[...]

Monni, the coffee gal
Twitter, @Monni52
Skype, Monnirose52
Facebook, Monica Rose Jones