Accessible encryption software

Sylvia <sylvia0647@...>

Hi group, I would like some advice on accessible software that can be used to encrypt files and folders. I have several folders stored in my dropbox account that I would like to encrypt but I don't want to move the folders out of db since its important that they be backed up regularly. Can anyone recommend a program that will accomplish this task? I've heard of true crypt but I'm not sure if its still being updated.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Sylvia.

Jeremy <icu8it2@...>

Hi Sylvia,
As far as I've been able to find, Veracrypt is probably your best option. Although you can still download the latest working version of truecrypt, it's development was stopped a ways back and a few others apparently have picked up the code and continued on with it. If you're familiar with using TC's interface, then Veracrypt is going to be pretty much exactly the same.
https://veracrypt.codeplex.com/

A little while ago on list, I'd asked a similar question and also had some wonderful suggestions for other ones to try. I can dig up those emails and post them here if you'd like to read them too.
Take care.

On 9/23/2015 6:26 PM, Sylvia wrote:
Hi group, I would like some advice on accessible software that can be used
to encrypt files and folders. I have several folders stored in my dropbox
account that I would like to encrypt but I don't want to move the folders
out of db since its important that they be backed up regularly. Can anyone
recommend a program that will accomplish this task? I've heard of true crypt
but I'm not sure if its still being updated.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Sylvia.

Joe

TrueCrypt has not yet been updated, though forks of it are apparently under development. I’m still using it. I actually use it with Dropbox, and I’ve no reason to question the security. Add two factor authentication to your Dropbox account, and it’s one more layer protecting your critical information.

--

Musings of a Work in Progress:

www.JoeOrozco.com/

Hi group, I would like some advice on accessible software that can be used to encrypt files and folders. I have several folders stored in my dropbox account that I would like to encrypt but I don't want to move the folders out of db since its important that they be backed up regularly. Can anyone recommend a program that will accomplish this task? I've heard of true crypt but I'm not sure if its still being updated.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Sylvia.

Sylvia <sylvia0647@...>

Hi Jeremy, if you can dig up those Emails, I would appreciate it. Thanks.