My blog

Shirley Healy <irishandblind1980@...>

So I have started a blog. I am going to write about my life, as a blind person, who is living in ireland. Please come on over and follow me and subscribe to recieve new posts via email!
Hope to see you there!
shirley

Victor

Good luck with your blog! We need more blind bloggers.

VictorOn 9/23/15, Shirley Healy <irishandblind1980@gmail.com> wrote:

So I have started a blog. I am going to write about my life, as a blind
person, who is living in ireland. Please come on over and follow me and
subscribe to recieve new posts via email!
http://irishandblind.wordpress.com/
Hope to see you there!
shirley

Kimsan

I actually created a website where I had this idea where blind people could submit blogs and even upload videos of them demonstrating something to youtube; however, the idea was a bust. Nobody was interested! Lmao.
I just created it two weeks ago or so using wordpress.
Then again, I didn't ask that much which is why it didn't go no where. Lol.

Kimsan Song
kimsansong@charter.net

Angelo DeMarsico <ademarsico@...>

Good luck with your blog! We need more blind bloggers.

VictorOn 9/23/15, Shirley Healy <irishandblind1980@gmail.com> wrote:
So I have started a blog. I am going to write about my life, as a
blind person, who is living in ireland. Please come on over and follow
me and subscribe to recieve new posts via email!
http://irishandblind.wordpress.com/
Hope to see you there!
shirley

Jeremy <icu8it2@...>

It's an internet service provider, as far as I know.
Tc.

Good luck with your blog! We need more blind bloggers.

VictorOn 9/23/15, Shirley Healy <irishandblind1980@gmail.com> wrote:
So I have started a blog. I am going to write about my life, as a
blind person, who is living in ireland. Please come on over and follow
me and subscribe to recieve new posts via email!
http://irishandblind.wordpress.com/
Hope to see you there!
shirley

Kimsan

They offer kable, phone too. Their website absolutely sucks too.

Mighty expensive which I'm thinking I might just do Netflix and hulu lol. I mean I only watch tv once a week.

That would save me 150 bucks a month.

Just don't use your charter email when you are at school hahaha it will not go through. Just kidding...

Kimsan Song
kimsansong@charter.net

It's an internet service provider, as far as I know.
Tc.

Good luck with your blog! We need more blind bloggers.

VictorOn 9/23/15, Shirley Healy <irishandblind1980@gmail.com> wrote:
So I have started a blog. I am going to write about my life, as a
blind person, who is living in ireland. Please come on over and
follow me and subscribe to recieve new posts via email!
http://irishandblind.wordpress.com/
Hope to see you there!
shirley

Jeremy <icu8it2@...>

Wooo, 150 dollars a month for your watching TV? I almost choked on my gumball! From this day forth, I don't like charter and I've never even used it! In all seriousness though, the price for watching Tv has become ridiculous. For about 16 dollars a month, a netflix and Hulu account, my wife has almost all her shows and favorite movies covered and she can watch them from the comfort of her laptop. I mostly care about the documentaries and they both have some pretty decent ones too. I was talking with a friend last night about the same thing and he agreed, with netflix, Hulu, youtube, etc, it's hard for me to imagine paying for cable or satellite TV. I do love my Cable internet though, when it's behaving!
Take care.

On 9/23/2015 10:10 PM, Kimsan wrote:
[...]

Keep in mind it's a bundle I'm paying for.

I pay for kable, internet and phone.
I don't even know how much it is individually as it hasn't bothered me financially.

You see the following will not make sense but I have a 41 inch screen tv and I like watching my favorite show on it and the dvr is a real single parents dream lol.

This laptop, I can't see anything when watching a video.

Of course there is the HDMI option but that's all I need is another cord to trip over...
Hahaha.
Kimsan Song
kimsansong@charter.net

It's an internet service provider, as far as I know.
Tc.

Good luck with your blog! We need more blind bloggers.

VictorOn 9/23/15, Shirley Healy <irishandblind1980@gmail.com> wrote:
So I have started a blog. I am going to write about my life, as a
blind person, who is living in ireland. Please come on over and
follow me and subscribe to recieve new posts via email!
http://irishandblind.wordpress.com/
Hope to see you there!
shirley

Quentin Christensen

Hi Kimsan,

If you just created it two weeks ago, I wouldn't call it a bust just yet. Is it somewhere people submit articles directly, or link to their own blog? For instance I have a blog mainly on accessibility, Android and Windows and I'd be happy to include a link / info about it on your site, though if it was for me to submit articles to you that's probably a bit harder (as I always forget to write for my own blog, let alone others!).

Write about it on a few email lists like this one (I don't recall seeing you mention it here, but then I am on a lot of lists so skip through things sometimes and may have missed it!) and facebook groups etc, ask people to pass on info about it and include the details in your email signature etc. It takes time to build things like that up.

Kind regards

Quentin.

--
22 Point

Web: http://www.22point.com.au Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/22Point Twitter: https://twitter.com/22PointApps

Our first book "Making Windows 10 Easy to See" is now available! - http://www.22point.com.au/publications.html

Check out our first app, RapiTap! - Tap targets fast & avoid decoys: Adrenaline pumping, Challenging, Accessible!
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=au.com.twentytwopoint.rapitap (Free trial available)

Jeremy <icu8it2@...>

Haha, Well, yeah, the large TV does make the difference. lol
I can't really see anything on my laptop either, rofllmao, probably not on a TV for that matter, vision has gotten too bad over the years, so I know what ya mean. The DVR though, those actually accessible or do you still have enough workings in the peepers to read the menus and alike, just curious?
I'd herd that some of the providers offered boxes or whatever that were accessible, but I know really next to nothing on DVS or accessible TV type stuff.
Take care.

On 9/23/2015 10:53 PM, Kimsan wrote:
[...]

Mind throwing a link to it? Figure it's always fun to read through anything accessibility, if you don't mind?
Just wondering.
Take care.

[...]

I hear Comcast has those boxes of wich you speak of... However, Comcast is not offered here in my neck of the woods. I would have to move back closer to my family for Comcast. No thanks.

My daughters when they were DVR freeks told me what was what when I clicked this or that, so I have it memorized. So, in a round about way I am extremely visually challenged lol.

I had to use that term because I think on another list that was a huge thread. Blind? Visually challenged? Vision impaired? Just kidding...

I'm blind as a bat and almost deaf as Beethoven. At least in the right ear.

Kimsan Song
kimsansong@charter.net

It's an internet service provider, as far as I know.
Tc.

Good luck with your blog! We need more blind bloggers.

VictorOn 9/23/15, Shirley Healy <irishandblind1980@gmail.com> wrote:
So I have started a blog. I am going to write about my life, as a
blind person, who is living in ireland. Please come on over and
follow me and subscribe to recieve new posts via email!
http://irishandblind.wordpress.com/
Hope to see you there!
shirley

Kimsan

I've haven't had the time to advertise it as my 8 year old was in the hospital and I just returned to work but I was going to start advertising it once things calmed down around here. She just came home from the hospital last week so I'm just attending to things according to their level of importance.

I did a site where I, along with others offered training but as I mentioned that closed several months ago.

This is a site simply for informational purposes, possibly also help someone as one never knows who is looking for what.

The youtube page is also for anyone who would like to post videos and the overall goal for me for the site is to just leave an impact somewhere somehow for someone.

This is no money making venture as I already have a day job, and I figure why not help or try to help someone out, or at least show the visitor that you, to can be successful, and not just on mailing lists haha.
I extended offers for submissions to both the sighted and vision impaired;however, blogs, taking time out to do a video for the youtube, with no dollar signs for the other person, people quickly turned the other direction.
I'm like good grief, can we just be thoughtful and helpful people and not always think about money! Lol.

People can submit blogs to me to post, or I could create a section of resources where information such as yours can be linked too. Up to the person.

I'm just trying to give back seeing as I maded from homeless to owning my own house and having college degrees, and now raising 3 daughters on my own. It just took me 7 years haha.
I'm almost ready to get back to the site. My daughter is almost fully recovered.
Kimsan Song
kimsansong@charter.net

[...]

Of course :)

https://22point.wordpress.com/ Instead of just leaving everything in chronological order, it put a link up the top to the newest post, but then have sorted that main page into Android and Windows and vaguely in order of how you might want to read them, for instance, choosing an Android phone, unboxing, launchers, etc. More recently I've done a few posts on Windows 10, particularly as I've been working with it in some detail in writing my "Making Windows 10 Easy" books.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On 24/09/2015 2:16 PM, Jeremy wrote:
[...]

Sorry to hear about your daughter, glad she's on the mend, and yes congratulations to you on getting to where you are now and well done on wanting to give back!

For myself, I know I used to work full time and in my spare time I'd write in various places just to give back, and since I've started my business which is now my sole source of income, I obviously need to think about that, so if someone expresses an interest in learning to use Windows, I would be sure to mention my "Making Windows Easy" book, but I'm also quite active in this and other forums and quite happy to answer questions where I can even though they may have nothing to do with anything I might sell. I believe it's very important to be active in the community, not just where it benefits you personally, and that by helping others like that (not just trying to sell stuff) is how you become a respected member of the community and authority in your field.

Re blog posts, I did (and am still doing) a few for a number of different sites around Windows 10 which of course is a hot topic since it's been released and people want to know whether to upgrade or not, so I'm happy to put something together for you particularly on that if you would like.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On 24/09/2015 2:46 PM, Kimsan wrote:
[...]

Carlos

Yeah same here. I'm sorry to hear about your daughter Kimsan. Glad that she's doing better though.

[...]

Michael Babcock

Are you on Periscope? Twitter? Facebook? Blab? IBO? Linked In?
Do you have a copy in your signature?
email me off list so we can talk about how you can increase your blogs attention. My email is in my signature.
best.

Michael Babcock
Your Blind Digital Marketing Partner.
@payown on Blab, periscope and twitter.

VictorOn 9/23/15, Shirley Healy <irishandblind1980@...> wrote:
So I have started a blog. I am going to write about my life, as a
blind person, who is living in ireland. Please come on over and follow
me and subscribe to recieve new posts via email!
http://irishandblind.wordpress.com/
Hope to see you there!
shirley

--
22 Point

Web: http://www.22point.com.au Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/22Point Twitter: https://twitter.com/22PointApps

Our first book "Making Windows 10 Easy to See" is now available! - http://www.22point.com.au/publications.html

Check out our first app, RapiTap! - Tap targets fast & avoid decoys: Adrenaline pumping, Challenging, Accessible!
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=au.com.twentytwopoint.rapitap (Free trial available)

Victor

I've heard there are accessibility issues with Hulu and Netflix.

Victor

On 9/23/15, Quentin Christensen <quentin.christensen@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

I must admit I haven't really used many of those TV services, but is this the issue you've found:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/netflix-and-hulu-and-other-video-problems-on/66abc502-ad3d-459e-a99f-4609270a2205?auth=1

Apparently someone fixed their issue with Hulu and Netflix by changing their AMD graphics quality setting from "automatic" to "adaptive" (an excellent example of bad naming of controls - just what is the difference between the graphics quality setting itself automatically, or adaptively? To the average user, they sound like two different words that mean the same thing!)

Regards

Quentin.

On 24/09/2015 3:45 PM, Victor wrote:
[...]

Hi Michael,

Thanks for asking - I am on Twitter, Facebook & Linked in. I haven't got to checking out Periscope yet and haven't actually heard of the other two (I'll go look now).

I did have all my contact details in my signature and I was aware it got shuffled down the bottom when replying on lists like this. So you've prompted me to try something new - I've set it so the signature goes directly below whatever I say (and above what I'm replying to), but I've cut it down so it's not too long. Hopefully that will entice people to visit me without being too annoying to everyone.

Happy to take feedback from anyone on what you think of the change - would you rather see links to people's social media profiles directly there for convenience, or just one short link (which yes, does link to all my social media)?

Regards

Quentin.

--

22 Point

http://www.22point.com.au
Check out our "Making Windows 10 Easy" ebooks and award winning app, RapiTap!

http://yourownpay.com/
michael@yourownpay.com <mailto:michael@yourownpay.com>

kimsansong@charter.net <mailto:kimsansong@charter.net>