I can't get windows media player to burn disks in my W8.1 computer.

Jim Rawls

I used to use windows media player in my W7 computer and it worked fine. Now in 8.1 it doesn’t burn disks at all. Here is what I do and have done in the past.

1 move the file to the drive to be burned.

2. at that point I am asked to put a blank disk in the drive.

I am then given choices to burn a date or a regular Cd.

I choose regular CD. Then I get a next button. I hit the space bar, and at that point windows media player should come up, but it doesn’t. if I go to it, and press the burn button, nothing happens. Anyone have any way I can fix this? I have windows 8.1 and jaws 17 beta.  Jim

2.

chris miles

Jim Rawls wrote:

/I used to use windows media player in my W7 computer and it worked fine. Now in 8.1 it doesn’t burn disks at all. Here is what I do and have done in the past. /

/1 move the file to the drive to be burned./

/2. at that point I am asked to put a blank disk in the drive. /

/I am then given choices to burn a date or a regular Cd. /

/I choose regular CD. Then I get a next button. I hit the space bar, and at that point windows media player should come up, but it doesn’t. if I go to it, and press the burn button, nothing happens. Anyone have any way I can fix this? I have windows 8.1 and jaws 17 beta. Jim/

/2. /

Hi,

Should you be selecting an audio disc instead of a regular one?

--
Chris Miles

Gene

You may be assuming what you should hear and so you may not realize that you are not hearing what you expect.  I'm suspicious that you are not being asked to create a data cd or a regular cd.  There is no such thing as a regular cd and you may be being asked if you want to create a cd that will play in most cd players or a cd that is like a thumb drive.  Go through the procedure again and make sure what you are being asked.  If my suspicion is correct, you should not be asked about creating a data or an audio cd until later in the procedure.

What are your choices?  If you don't hear data cd or audio cd, do you hear something like I described instead?  After you choose whatever you choose, where are you?  Are you in a dialog and what does it say?  Are you in a list such as a my computer list of files that shows you what files will be burned?