From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Troy Burnham
Sent: Wednesday, May 11, 2016 09:30
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] portable talking cell phone charger

Hi All,

I have found an item on the speak to me catalog website that says it will charge up to 3 devices at once, and I was wondering if anybody has one and knows if it would be able to charge my Victor reader stream as well as my iPhone.

Here's the description taken directly from the speak to me site:  Recharge On-the-Go with myCharge. The Ultimate Solution for Power Anxiety! myCharge is a rechargeable 6000mAh battery pack that will charge the average smartphone or iPad or tablet four times. What makes myCharge Unique? Imagine charging your power-hungry devices without the need to carry around those charging cables and connectors (that you always forget). myCharge comes equipped with a built-in USB cord, as well as handy fold-out wall prongs. myCharge's voice notification lets you know when the charge is complete. Features include: charge up to 3 devices at once, built-in USB charging cable, built-in Micro-USB and Apple connectors on-board, USB port allows you to charge hundreds of devices, fold-out wall prongs for ultra-fast recharging, 27 more hours of talk time (3G), up to 34 more hours of video, or up to 134 more hours of music, tone notification, voice notification in four languages: English, Spanish, French, Portuguese, comes 80% charged and ready for immediate use, LED battery power indicator

Troy

heather albright

I have this device and they are not making it anymore!  So the cables are dated to the 4s iphone!  If you get one, they can not send you a replacement that will talk!  Mine had a problem and they sent me the updated version and it did not talk! Heather

                Yes it will.it also has a u s b plugin slot so if the mini plug provided or the apple plug in provided do not work yoou can use a standred u s b cord and plug it into the u s b female input and charge your device.

[...]

Troy Burnham

Thanks Heather, in that case I probably should call speak to me and ask if I'll be able to charge my 5s with the version that talks because that's my main reason for wanting it.

Troy

[...]

Matt

Well here is one from the A  T Guys that will do what you want and it talks.

Talking external battery pack

http://www.atguys.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=27&products_id=147

[...]

Jim Wohlgamuth

Hi troy!
Stupid question, first of all, I have owned to iPhones in the past.  The iPhone 3GS and the iPhone 4S.  Then I switched to androids, the Galaxy S5 and at present the Galaxy S7.  All of these phones gave the battery charge as a percentage of the battery charge.  Now the question, what is a talking phone charger going to tell you that your phone can't tell you?  Just wondered? If it gives more information than the phone does, then I may be interested in such a device for my S7. Have A Good 1! de
<KF8LT><Jim>.

On 11-May-16 13:31, Troy Burnham wrote:
[...]

I was told no by my charge but yes by a t guys! But I charge my six plus iphone using the usb port whith the apple cable! It saids charging usb devices not apple device!I only charge one  device at a time just incase it is to much! The new one that does not talk, has the updated cables and you can charge the ipad, iphone and other usb devices!  And you can turn off the battery but, it does not talk!  Ashame! Heather   ----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, May 11, 2016 12:31 PM

[...]

The talking battery tells you when the battery is charging your phone instead of that ding that apple does! IT will also tell you how low the battery is so you can charge the power bank and you always can no what level the battery is! It will tell you that the charge is complete, don't get get that from apple! You have to keep checking your devices to see if the charge is complete; I rather have the talking battery tell me when I am out and about! I wish they made the updated version a talking battery pack as well! I never know what level it is at so I have to have sighted assistance to tell me because, I cant see the blue lights to indacate the level! Heather