portable talking cell phone charger

Troy Burnham

Hi All,

I have found an item on the speak to me catalog website that says it will charge up to 3 devices at once, and I was wondering if anybody has one and knows if it would be able to charge my Victor reader stream as well as my iPhone.

Here's the description taken directly from the speak to me site:  Recharge On-the-Go with myCharge. The Ultimate Solution for Power Anxiety! myCharge is a rechargeable 6000mAh battery pack that will charge the average smartphone or iPad or tablet four times. What makes myCharge Unique? Imagine charging your power-hungry devices without the need to carry around those charging cables and connectors (that you always forget). myCharge comes equipped with a built-in USB cord, as well as handy fold-out wall prongs. myCharge's voice notification lets you know when the charge is complete. Features include: charge up to 3 devices at once, built-in USB charging cable, built-in Micro-USB and Apple connectors on-board, USB port allows you to charge hundreds of devices, fold-out wall prongs for ultra-fast recharging, 27 more hours of talk time (3G), up to 34 more hours of video, or up to 134 more hours of music, tone notification, voice notification in four languages: English, Spanish, French, Portuguese, comes 80% charged and ready for immediate use, LED battery power indicator

Troy

Virus-free. www.avast.com

George Basioli <gbmagoo@...>

Yes it will.it also has a u s b plugin slot so if the mini plug provided or the apple plug in provided do not work yoou can use a standred u s b cord and plug it into the u s b female input and charge your device.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Troy Burnham
Sent: Wednesday, May 11, 2016 09:30
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] portable talking cell phone charger

Hi All,

I have found an item on the speak to me catalog website that says it will charge up to 3 devices at once, and I was wondering if anybody has one and knows if it would be able to charge my Victor reader stream as well as my iPhone.

Here's the description taken directly from the speak to me site:  Recharge On-the-Go with myCharge. The Ultimate Solution for Power Anxiety! myCharge is a rechargeable 6000mAh battery pack that will charge the average smartphone or iPad or tablet four times. What makes myCharge Unique? Imagine charging your power-hungry devices without the need to carry around those charging cables and connectors (that you always forget). myCharge comes equipped with a built-in USB cord, as well as handy fold-out wall prongs. myCharge's voice notification lets you know when the charge is complete. Features include: charge up to 3 devices at once, built-in USB charging cable, built-in Micro-USB and Apple connectors on-board, USB port allows you to charge hundreds of devices, fold-out wall prongs for ultra-fast recharging, 27 more hours of talk time (3G), up to 34 more hours of video, or up to 134 more hours of music, tone notification, voice notification in four languages: English, Spanish, French, Portuguese, comes 80% charged and ready for immediate use, LED battery power indicator

Troy

heather albright

I have this device and they are not making it anymore!  So the cables are dated to the 4s iphone!  If you get one, they can not send you a replacement that will talk!  Mine had a problem and they sent me the updated version and it did not talk! Heather

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, May 11, 2016 11:54 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] portable talking cell phone charger

Yes it will.it also has a u s b plugin slot so if the mini plug provided or the apple plug in provided do not work yoou can use a standred u s b cord and plug it into the u s b female input and charge your device.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Troy Burnham

Hi All,

Troy

Troy Burnham

Thanks Heather, in that case I probably should call speak to me and ask if I'll be able to charge my 5s with the version that talks because that's my main reason for wanting it.

Troy

Sent: Wednesday, May 11, 2016 11:58 AM

I have this device and they are not making it anymore!  So the cables are dated to the 4s iphone!  If you get one, they can not send you a replacement that will talk!  Mine had a problem and they sent me the updated version and it did not talk! Heather

Hi All,

Troy

Matt

Well here is one from the A  T Guys that will do what you want and it talks.

Talking external battery pack

http://www.atguys.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=27&products_id=147

Sent: Wednesday, May 11, 2016 1:31 PM

Thanks Heather, in that case I probably should call speak to me and ask if I'll be able to charge my 5s with the version that talks because that's my main reason for wanting it.

Troy

Hi All,

Troy

Jim Wohlgamuth

Hi troy!
Stupid question, first of all, I have owned to iPhones in the past.  The iPhone 3GS and the iPhone 4S.  Then I switched to androids, the Galaxy S5 and at present the Galaxy S7.  All of these phones gave the battery charge as a percentage of the battery charge.  Now the question, what is a talking phone charger going to tell you that your phone can't tell you?  Just wondered? If it gives more information than the phone does, then I may be interested in such a device for my S7. Have A Good 1! de
<KF8LT><Jim>.

On 11-May-16 13:31, Troy Burnham wrote:

Troy

Hi All,

Troy

heather albright

I was told no by my charge but yes by a t guys! But I charge my six plus iphone using the usb port whith the apple cable! It saids charging usb devices not apple device!I only charge one  device at a time just incase it is to much! The new one that does not talk, has the updated cables and you can charge the ipad, iphone and other usb devices!  And you can turn off the battery but, it does not talk!  Ashame! Heather   ----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, May 11, 2016 12:31 PM

Troy

Hi All,

Troy

heather albright

The talking battery tells you when the battery is charging your phone instead of that ding that apple does! IT will also tell you how low the battery is so you can charge the power bank and you always can no what level the battery is! It will tell you that the charge is complete, don't get get that from apple! You have to keep checking your devices to see if the charge is complete; I rather have the talking battery tell me when I am out and about! I wish they made the updated version a talking battery pack as well! I never know what level it is at so I have to have sighted assistance to tell me because, I cant see the blue lights to indacate the level! Heather

Sent: Wednesday, May 11, 2016 12:46 PM

Hi troy!
Stupid question, first of all, I have owned to iPhones in the past.  The iPhone 3GS and the iPhone 4S.  Then I switched to androids, the Galaxy S5 and at present the Galaxy S7.  All of these phones gave the battery charge as a percentage of the battery charge.  Now the question, what is a talking phone charger going to tell you that your phone can't tell you?  Just wondered? If it gives more information than the phone does, then I may be interested in such a device for my S7. Have A Good 1! de
<KF8LT><Jim>.

Troy

Hi All,

Troy

Carolyn Arnold

Jim, would you let us know about the differences in the iPhone and the
Android, what you think of each. What is a talking phone? I thought that
would be just any phone that has some speech capability.

Bye for now,

Carolyn

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf
Of Jim Wohlgamuth
Sent: Wednesday, May 11, 2016 1:47 PM

Hi troy!
Stupid question, first of all, I have owned to iPhones in the past. The
iPhone 3GS and the iPhone 4S. Then I switched to androids, the Galaxy S5
and at present the Galaxy S7. All of these phones gave the battery
charge as a percentage of the battery charge. Now the question, what is
a talking phone charger going to tell you that your phone can't tell you?
Just wondered? If it gives more information than the phone does, then I
may be interested in such a device for my S7. Have A Good 1! de
<KF8LT><Jim>.

Thanks Heather, in that case I probably should call speak to me
and ask if I'll be able to charge my 5s with the version that talks
because that's my main reason for wanting it.

Troy

To: <mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io>
main@TechTalk.groups.io <mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] portable talking cell phone
charger

I have this device and they are not making it anymore!
So the cables are dated to the 4s iphone! If you get one, they can not
send you a replacement that will talk! Mine had a problem and they sent
me the updated version and it did not talk! Heather

Subject: Re: [TechTalk] portable talking cell
phone charger

Yes it will.it also has a u s b
plugin slot so if the mini plug provided or the apple plug in provided do
not work yoou can use a standred u s b cord and plug it into the u s b
female input and charge your device.

<mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io> [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On
Behalf Of Troy Burnham
<mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io>
Subject: [TechTalk] portable talking cell phone
charger

Hi All,

I have found an item on the speak to me catalog
website that says it will charge up to 3 devices at once, and I was
wondering if anybody has one and knows if it would be able to charge my
Victor reader stream as well as my iPhone.

Here's the description taken directly from the
speak to me site: Recharge On-the-Go with myCharge. The Ultimate
Solution for Power Anxiety! myCharge is a rechargeable 6000mAh battery
pack that will charge the average smartphone or iPad or tablet four
times. What makes myCharge Unique? Imagine charging your power-hungry
devices without the need to carry around those charging cables and
connectors (that you always forget). myCharge comes equipped with a
built-in USB cord, as well as handy fold-out wall prongs. myCharge's
voice notification lets you know when the charge is complete. Features
include: charge up to 3 devices at once, built-in USB charging cable,
built-in Micro-USB and Apple connectors on-board, USB port allows you to
charge hundreds of devices, fold-out wall prongs for ultra-fast
recharging, 27 more hours of talk time (3G), up to 34 more hours of
video, or up to 134 more hours of music, tone notification, voice
notification in four languages: English, Spanish, French, Portuguese,
comes 80% charged and ready for immediate use, LED battery power
indicator

Troy

<https://www.avast.com/sig-email?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_cam
paign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient&utm_term=icon>

Virus-free.
paign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient&utm_term=link> www.avast.com
<http://www.avast.com>

paign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient&utm_term=icon> Virus-free.

Jim Wohlgamuth

Carolyn
I was asking him what the purpose of the talking battery charger was for a cell phone since the last time I had an iPhone I could simply touch a spot on the screen and it would tell me how much battery I had left.  It is much the same on my S7.  I simply place my finger in the top of the screen towards the right side and TalkBack gives me the percentage of the battery which is left.  As far as an actua conparison between the Android and the iPhone that is in "my opinion" totally subjective-a matter of individual prefference.  Of course there are significant differences but I don't really think they are significant enough to start an argument over<SMILE!>.  I actually went from my iPhone 4S to the Galaxy S5 and I personally didn't find the learning curve to be all that significant.  I think that also depends on one's level of technical skill.  I did have the advantage of using a BlueTooth keyboard which lessoned the learning curve for me significantly.  If anyone has further questions, they can contact me off-list at, wohlggie@....  Thanks & Have A Good 1! de
<KF8LT><Jim>.     

On 11-May-16 14:23, Carolyn Arnold wrote:

Bye for now,

Carolyn

Of Jim Wohlgamuth

Hi troy!
Stupid question, first of all, I have owned to iPhones in the past.  The
iPhone 3GS and the iPhone 4S.  Then I switched to androids, the Galaxy S5
and at present the Galaxy S7.  All of these phones gave the battery
charge as a percentage of the battery charge.  Now the question, what is
<KF8LT><Jim>.

Troy

charger

So the cables are dated to the 4s iphone!  If you get one, they can not
send you a replacement that will talk!  Mine had a problem and they sent

phone charger

<mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io>  [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On
Behalf Of Troy Burnham
charger

Hi All,

speak to me site:  Recharge On-the-Go with myCharge. The Ultimate
indicator

Troy

Virus-free.

paign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient&utm_term=icon> 	 Virus-free.

Jim Wohlgamuth

Heather, this sounds interesting, where is this available? I have several battery packs that I keep with me when I am at the gymn and the Michigan Works office.  This sounds like something worth checking out! Thanks & Have a Great Day! de
<KF8LT><Jim>.

On 11-May-16 14:09, heather albright wrote:
The talking battery tells you when the battery is charging your phone instead of that ding that apple does! IT will also tell you how low the battery is so you can charge the power bank and you always can no what level the battery is! It will tell you that the charge is complete, don't get get that from apple! You have to keep checking your devices to see if the charge is complete; I rather have the talking battery tell me when I am out and about! I wish they made the updated version a talking battery pack as well! I never know what level it is at so I have to have sighted assistance to tell me because, I cant see the blue lights to indacate the level! Heather

Hi troy!
<KF8LT><Jim>.

Troy

Hi All,

Troy

heather albright

I got mine off amazon for 30 dollars when I qualifyed for my visa card! Heather

Sent: Wednesday, May 11, 2016 4:14 PM

Heather, this sounds interesting, where is this available? I have several battery packs that I keep with me when I am at the gymn and the Michigan Works office.  This sounds like something worth checking out! Thanks & Have a Great Day! de
<KF8LT><Jim>.

On 11-May-16 14:09, heather albright wrote:

Hi troy!
<KF8LT><Jim>.

Troy

Hi All,

Troy

Alan Siman <alansiman@...>

You misunderstood. It is the battery charger itself that talks bad tells you the amount of charge left in the battery charger. The problem with the My Charge 6000 that talks is the built in iphone cable isthe 30 pin version so you need an adaptor for the newer lightning cable iphone models.

If you havee the adaptor the My Charge 6000 works great although it is a bit large.

On 5/11/2016 2:09 PM, Jim Wohlgamuth wrote:
Carolyn
I was asking him what the purpose of the talking battery charger was for
a cell phone since the last time I had an iPhone I could simply touch a
spot on the screen and it would tell me how much battery I had left. It
is much the same on my S7. I simply place my finger in the top of the
screen towards the right side and TalkBack gives me the percentage of
the battery which is left. As far as an actua conparison between the
Android and the iPhone that is in "my opinion" totally subjective-a
matter of individual prefference. Of course there are significant
differences but I don't really think they are significant enough to
start an argument over<SMILE!>. I actually went from my iPhone 4S to
the Galaxy S5 and I personally didn't find the learning curve to be all
that significant. I think that also depends on one's level of technical
skill. I did have the advantage of using a BlueTooth keyboard which
lessoned the learning curve for me significantly. If anyone has further
questions, they can contact me off-list at, wohlggie@outlook.com.
Thanks & Have A Good 1! de
<KF8LT><Jim>.

Bye for now,

Carolyn

From:main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf
Of Jim Wohlgamuth
To:main@TechTalk.groups.io

Hi troy!
<KF8LT><Jim>.

Troy

To:<mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io>
charger

phone charger

Behalf Of Troy Burnham
charger

Hi All,

indicator

Troy

Virus-free.

Pamela Dominguez

Does it do this while you are charging it?  Pam.

Sent: Wednesday, May 11, 2016 5:09 PM

Carolyn
I was asking him what the purpose of the talking battery charger was for a cell phone since the last time I had an iPhone I could simply touch a spot on the screen and it would tell me how much battery I had left.  It is much the same on my S7.  I simply place my finger in the top of the screen towards the right side and TalkBack gives me the percentage of the battery which is left.  As far as an actua conparison between the Android and the iPhone that is in "my opinion" totally subjective-a matter of individual prefference.  Of course there are significant differences but I don't really think they are significant enough to start an argument over<SMILE!>.  I actually went from my iPhone 4S to the Galaxy S5 and I personally didn't find the learning curve to be all that significant.  I think that also depends on one's level of technical skill.  I did have the advantage of using a BlueTooth keyboard which lessoned the learning curve for me significantly.  If anyone has further questions, they can contact me off-list at, wohlggie@....  Thanks & Have A Good 1! de
<KF8LT><Jim>.     

Bye for now,

Carolyn

Of Jim Wohlgamuth

Hi troy!
Stupid question, first of all, I have owned to iPhones in the past.  The
iPhone 3GS and the iPhone 4S.  Then I switched to androids, the Galaxy S5
and at present the Galaxy S7.  All of these phones gave the battery
charge as a percentage of the battery charge.  Now the question, what is
<KF8LT><Jim>.

Troy

To: mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io
main@TechTalk.groups.io mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io  
charger

So the cables are dated to the 4s iphone!  If you get one, they can not
send you a replacement that will talk!  Mine had a problem and they sent

To: mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io
main@TechTalk.groups.io mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io  
phone charger

mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io  [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On
Behalf Of Troy Burnham
mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io 
charger

Hi All,

speak to me site:  Recharge On-the-Go with myCharge. The Ultimate
indicator

Troy

Virus-free.

paign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient&utm_term=icon> 	 Virus-free.

Pamela Dominguez

It doesn't sound like he misunderstood at all. He was asking why he would need a talking battery charger when his iPhone will tell him how much charge it has. But my question to him was would it do that even when plugged into a charger? But I understand why you need the charger to talk. It has to tell you how much juice it has left to charge anything, and when it needs plugging in, among other things. Pam.

Sent: Wednesday, May 11, 2016 6:14 PM

You misunderstood. It is the battery charger itself that talks bad
tells you the amount of charge left in the battery charger. The
problem with the My Charge 6000 that talks is the built in iphone cable
isthe 30 pin version so you need an adaptor for the newer lightning
cable iphone models.

If you havee the adaptor the My Charge 6000 works great although it is a
bit large.

Carolyn
<KF8LT><Jim>.

Bye for now,

Carolyn

Of Jim Wohlgamuth

Hi troy!
<KF8LT><Jim>.

Troy

charger

phone charger

Behalf Of Troy Burnham
charger

Hi All,

indicator

Troy

Virus-free.

Jim Wohlgamuth

Hi Pam and All!
I really don't remember the iPhone aside from the fact that it did tell me how much charge it had.  My S7 will tell me how much charge there is as well as telling me when it is fully charged.  Now if I could actually find a talking charger that would tell me how much charge there was on the regular re-chargeable battery.  I occasionally purchas rechargeable batteries from Radio Shack and other stores such as Target Meher's and Wall-Mart's.  I use a lot of batteries in TV remotes and DVD player remotes and other devices.    
Thanks & Catch Ya Later! de
<KF8LT><Jim>.

On 11-May-16 19:16, Pamela Dominguez wrote:
It doesn't sound like he misunderstood at all.  He was asking why he would need a talking battery charger when his iPhone will tell him how much charge it has.  But my question to him was would it do that even when plugged into a charger?  But I understand why you need the charger to talk.  It has to tell you how much juice it has left to charge anything, and when it needs plugging in, among other things.  Pam.

-----Original Message----- From: Alan Siman
Sent: Wednesday, May 11, 2016 6:14 PM

You misunderstood.  It is the battery charger itself that talks bad
tells you the amount of  charge left in the battery charger.  The
problem with the My Charge 6000 that talks is the built in iphone cable
isthe 30 pin version so you need an adaptor for the newer lightning
cable iphone models.

If you havee the adaptor the My Charge 6000 works great although it is a
bit large.

Carolyn
spot on the screen and it would tell me how much battery I had left.  It
is much the same on my S7.  I simply place my finger in the top of the
the battery which is left.  As far as an actua conparison between the
matter of individual prefference.  Of course there are significant
start an argument over<SMILE!>.  I actually went from my iPhone 4S to
that significant.  I think that also depends on one's level of technical
skill.  I did have the advantage of using a BlueTooth keyboard which
questions, they can contact me off-list at, wohlggie@....
<KF8LT><Jim>.

Bye for now,

Carolyn

From:main@TechTalk.groups.io  [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf
Of Jim Wohlgamuth

Hi troy!
Stupid question, first of all, I have owned to iPhones in the past.  The
iPhone 3GS and the iPhone 4S.  Then I switched to androids, the Galaxy S5
and at present the Galaxy S7.  All of these phones gave the battery
charge as a percentage of the battery charge.  Now the question, what is
<KF8LT><Jim>.

Troy

main@TechTalk.groups.io  <mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io>
charger

So the cables are dated to the 4s iphone!  If you get one, they can not
send you a replacement that will talk!  Mine had a problem and they sent

main@TechTalk.groups.io  <mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io>
phone charger

<mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io>   [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On
Behalf Of Troy Burnham
charger

Hi All,

speak to me site:  Recharge On-the-Go with myCharge. The Ultimate
indicator

Troy

Virus-free.
paign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient&utm_term=link>  www.avast.com

paign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient&utm_term=icon>  Virus-free.
paign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient&utm_term=link>  www.avast.com

Curtis Delzer

Or, take your iPhone lightning cable with you and plug it into the main
USB output to charge your phone.

-----
Curtis Delzer, HS.
K6VFO
San Bernardino, CA

On Wed, 11 May 2016 15:14:47 -0700
"Alan Siman" <alansiman@cox.net> wrote:

You misunderstood. It is the battery charger itself that talks bad tells you the amount of charge left in the battery charger. The problem with the My Charge 6000 that talks is the built in iphone cable isthe 30 pin version so you need an adaptor for the newer lightning cable iphone models.

If you havee the adaptor the My Charge 6000 works great although it is a bit large.

Carolyn
<KF8LT><Jim>.

Bye for now,

Carolyn

Of Jim Wohlgamuth

Hi troy!
<KF8LT><Jim>.

Troy

charger

phone charger

Behalf Of Troy Burnham
charger

Hi All,

indicator

Troy

Virus-free.