Sent: Sunday, May 15, 2016 5:27 AM
Subject: [TechTalk] Closing a Face book account

Hi guys.  For a while I have had a Face book account but never used it.  I was persuaded by somebody to create an account but I really didn't want it.  It lay dormant for years but it now seems it has been hacked and somebody has uploaded some porn to my account.  Face book has frozen the account but the images are still there.  I got an email from Face book and when I went to the site, they wanted me to verify who I am and the only options they give was to identify photographs of friends, Well for me that is as much use as a crocheted condom.  I'll need to get help with that but once my account is once more active, how do I close the account.  I've tried before but FB make it impossible to do so and I was going around in circles.  Any help with closing this account, and also Linked in would be appreciated.  Walter.

Matt

Yes but just remember face book does not delete your account for I think it is for 15 or 30 days and if you re-sign in then everything is un did! Also just because you delete your account don’t mean everything will be deleted from face book! Once you have a Facebook account things about you might be in the cloud for ever and ever! Welcome to the digital world!

From: "Kimsan" <kimsansong@outlook.com
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Date sent: Fri, 1 Jul 2016 01:09:54 -0700

I believe it was Michael who sent a page, which was the same I followed. There was a capcha I had to do but I just listened to the audio which was just 4 or 5 numbers. I must say audio capchas these days aren�셳 all that bad now. At least for me.

I�셫 glad you got it resolved though.

Take care.

Well, first since my account was compromised Face Book froze the account and I had to unlock it. Then trying to find the page to delete the account wasn't easy to find and somebody on one of the lists I'm on sent me a direct link to the page. Once there the captcha was a problem and I needed sighted help and even then my sighted friend had trouble knowing what they wanted. However we did manage after a couple of tries and the account should now be gone. Walter.

I ask so I know I did my procedure right. Smile.

Hi. My account is now gone but it wasn't an easy procedure to do it. Walter.

I bit the bullet. July 14th, my facebook account is scheduled to be deleted.

I just need to remember not to log in or it�셲 activated again.

I knew I saved the below email for a reason smile.