really basic Echo question

Dean Martineau <topdot@...>

I have a Tap, but I think the answer is the same on the larger speaker.  I have forgotten: What do the two buttons on the back do, top and bottom? The question is so simplistic that I couldn’t even find the answer on Google!

Thanks.

Mike B. <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Dean,

This button layout / configuration is for the 2nd generation Echo, but might answer your question:

 Microphone On / Off button is at 9 o'clock.

Press this button to turn off the microphones. When you turn off the microphones, the light ring turns red. Press the button again to turn on the microphones.  Each of the On or Off  selections has its own sound.

Volume buttons are located at 12 & 6 o'clock, 12 is volume up & 6 is volume down.

 Press the buttons to turn the volume up and down. As you adjust the volume, the light ring displays the volume level in white.

Action button, is at 3 o'clock, & has a little raised dot in the middle.

 The action button:

 list of 3 items

  Turns off a timer or alarm

  Wakes your device

• Enables Wi-Fi setup mode after you press and hold until the light ring turns orange

Take care.  Mike.  Go Dodgers!
Sennt from my iBarstool.

Sent: Sunday, April 01, 2018 6:59 AM
Subject: [TechTalk] really basic Echo question

I have a Tap, but I think the answer is the same on the larger speaker.  I have forgotten: What do the two buttons on the back do, top and bottom? The question is so simplistic that I couldn’t even find the answer on Google!

Thanks.

Stan Bobbitt

Hi,

The top button is to turn the speaker on and off. The bottom one you tap once to pair a Bluetooth device or hold for five seconds to set up the wifi.

HTH

Stan B