Sent: Wednesday, October 21, 2015 12:32 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] Do You Agree With My Thoughts and opinions of driverless cars

Michael Babcock

Tesla released an update to there cars last week that provided some driverless funcanality, i VA also is the third state to allow driverless cars on there roads. I think it’s coming a bit faster then we may think, and honestly i agree with the blind person maybe not being able to drive on his own at first; however i feel this may change as the car’s technology increases.
Michael Babcock
Your Blind Digital Marketing Partner.
@payown on periscope and twitter.

My opinion is that it will probably be some time before you see wide spread use of this technology.  And even then, I suspect it will be even longer before the laws allow a blind person to travel in one of these vehicles without a sighted companion.  No technology is perfect and in an emergency there has to be someone available to take manual control.  At least until the technology matures to the point where it is reliable enough to be taken for granted.  Although I suppose no one really knows what the future holds so I guess we shall see.
If we get them, we'll need guide dogs, for wherever or whenever we get a car parked, wouldn't you think?

Bye for now,

Carolyn

http://yourownpay.com/

From: Michael Babcock <michael@yourownpay.com>
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Date: Wednesday, October 21, 2015 7:45 pm

http://yourownpay <http://yourownpay/>.com/

Michael <http://yourownpay.com/"author=1> | October 21, 2015 at 9:24 am | Tags: driverless cars <http://yourownpay.com/"taxonomy=post_tag&term=driverless-cars>, Thoughts and opinions of driverless cars <http://yourownpay.com/"taxonomy=post_tag&term=thoughts-and-opinions-of-driverless-cars> | Categories: automation <http://yourownpay.com/"taxonomy=category&term=automation> | URL: http://wp.me/p5tjmm-nC <http://wp.me/p5tjmm-nC>

http://yourownpay.com/thoughts-and-opinions-of-driverless-cars/ <http://yourownpay.com/thoughts-and-opinions-of-driverless-cars/>
[...]

Sent from a Braille Sense

Carlos

I'm sure that manual driving will not just go away. There will always be people who simply prefer manual driving or situations in which manual driving is required.

[...]

Of course it always helps if you are traveling to a public place with which you are familiar, but there are other technologies being developed that will assist the blind in navigating public buildings as well.

earlier, Carlos, wrote:

[...]

John

Gerald Levy

No blind person will ever, ever, ever be allowed to pilot a driverless vehicle by himself without the accompaniment of a licensed sighted driver simply because no technology will ever be 100% foolproof.  So the notion that a blind person will someday be able to hop into his driverless Tesla, press a button and be whisked to his destination without a sighted driver in the passenger seat is pure fantasy. Sorry, but this is how the real world operates, and there is nothing the NFB or any other so-called blindness advocacy group can do to change it.

Gerald

Never is a very long time.  I won't presume to try predicting what may or may not happen at some distant point in the future.

No blind person will ever, ever, ever be allowed to pilot a driverless vehicle by himself without the accompaniment of a licensed sighted driver simply because no technology will ever be 100% foolproof.  So the notion that a blind person will someday be able to hop into his driverless Tesla, press a button and be whisked to his destination without a sighted driver in the passenger seat is pure fantasy. Sorry, but this is how the real world operates, and there is nothing the NFB or any other so-called blindness advocacy group can do to change it.

Gerald

Hmmm you funny to think that it will never happen.

--
Lenron Brown
Cell: 985-271-2832