can abbbbyy fine reader read after scanning a page?

Joe Giovanelli

I want to use Fine Reader to read a page after it has been scanned as is possible with Open Book.

If this is not possible, how can I force the page to be read?

Thank you for your help.

Joe Giovanelli

For me, it does! I scan into Word too. However, I still run Word 2007, may
be this is different with another Word app such as 2013 or 2016, I can't
tell. it doesn't hurt to give it a try though!! I vote any day for Abbyy
FineReader over these specially adapted OCR apps that cost me 15 toes and 25
fingers!!

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado

Joe Giovanelli

Hi, Olusegun,

I do not understand your system. Once the program is ready, I scan the document. Then I save it, usually as a textfile.

I can read it then, but I want to skip the need to save the file.

Joe G.

For me, it does! I scan into Word too. However, I still run Word 2007, may
be this is different with another Word app such as 2013 or 2016, I can't
tell. it doesn't hurt to give it a try though!! I vote any day for Abbyy
FineReader over these specially adapted OCR apps that cost me 15 toes and 25
fingers!!

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado

com=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
If you want to view a list of resources and freeware, visit the Tech Talk Wiki:
https://groups.io/g/TechTalk/wiki/List-of-resources-and-freeware

You can also view/download the list from the "files" section:
https://groups.io/g/TechTalk/files

To review a list of posting guidelines, go to:
https://groups.io/g/TechTalk/wiki/Posting-Guidelines

Note that the Wiki is public so can be viewed by anyone without the need to login with a password. The "files" section cannot be made public so can only be accessed by members and requires you to login.

To join this group, send an email to:
TechTalk+subscribe@groups.io

To send a message to this group, send the message to:
main@TechTalk.groups.io

To stop receiving messages via email (you may still read messages on the Webgg1send an email to:
TechTalk+nomail@groups.io

To receive message digests instead of individual messages send an email to:
TechTalk+digest@groups.io

To receive individual messages instead of digests, send an email to:
TechTalk+single@groups.io

If you want to discuss anything non-tech related, please move the conversation to our chat subgroup.

To join the chat subgroup, send a message to:
TechTalk+chat+subscribe@groups.io

To unsubscribe from the chat subgroup:

To message the chat subgroup:
chat@TechTalk.groups.io

To set the chat subgroup to "no mail":
TechTalk+chat+nomail@groups.io

To enable mail for the chat subgroup:
TechTalk+chat+single@groups.io
or
TechTalk+chat+digest@groups.io
com=-=-
Groups.io Links:

Mute This Thread: https://groups.io/mt/1806539?uid=11729

Group Home: https://TechTalk.groups.io/g/main
Contact Group Owner: main+owner@TechTalk.groups.io
com=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Loy <loyrg2845@...>

You can if scanned into Word or HTML.

For me, it does!  I scan into Word too.  However, I still run Word 2007, may
be this is different with another Word app such as 2013 or 2016, I can't
tell.  it doesn't hurt to give it a try though!!  I vote any day for Abbyy
FineReader over these specially adapted OCR apps that cost me 15 toes and 25
fingers!!

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado

For me it scans, converts and reads the scanned stuff to me. I stop it from
reading when I am ready to scan the next page.

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado

Kimsan

I am joining this abby fine reader party late but how do you get it to read
after scanning? I scan into word btw, it just says list one of one, once I'm
done.

For me it scans, converts and reads the scanned stuff to me. I stop it from
reading when I am ready to scan the next page.

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado

Marie <magpie.mn@...>

Well stop coming late to the party, you are missing all the fun.
Marie

I am joining this abby fine reader party late but how do you get it to read
after scanning? I scan into word btw, it just says list one of one, once I'm
done.

For me it scans, converts and reads the scanned stuff to me. I stop it from
reading when I am ready to scan the next page.

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado

Loy <loyrg2845@...>

I have version 12 and after scanning to Word you can alt tab to get to the document to read. I find if I just want to read a document. I scan to HTML and after the scan Window Eyes will start reading the doc.

From: Olusegun - Victory Associates LTD, Inc. <ukekearuaro@valtdnet.com>
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Date: Tuesday, May 24, 2016 16:46

[...]

To stop receiving messages via email (you may still read messages on the Webggeasend an email to:
[...]

Hahaha, 15 tows or 25 fingers.

For me, it does! I scan into Word too. However, I still run Word 2007, may
be this is different with another Word app such as 2013 or 2016, I can't
tell. it doesn't hurt to give it a try though!! I vote any day for Abbyy
FineReader over these specially adapted OCR apps that cost me 15 toes and 25
fingers!!

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado

Sachin

Hi, if your issue is still exist, try something like this. Scan your documents using the scan option available in the file menu, then, go to file>send-to & use any of the available options such as word or pdf. Currently, I don’t have abbbbyy fine reader installed in this Notebook, so I cannot recall the exact options however, if you need further help, feel free to ask. This is applicable to fine reader v11 & word2013

Sent: Tuesday, May 24, 2016 1:30 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

For me, it does!  I scan into Word too.  However, I still run Word 2007, may
be this is different with another Word app such as 2013 or 2016, I can't
tell.  it doesn't hurt to give it a try though!!  I vote any day for Abbyy
FineReader over these specially adapted OCR apps that cost me 15 toes and 25
fingers!!

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado

Hi Joe:

Sorry it took a day longer to get back. First I should ask which version of
Abbyy FineReader you have installed in your computer. Some scanners package
a "watered down" version of the software with their offerings.

I have Version 11 Professional Edition although I do need to upgrade to 12
or whatever the latest on this one may be.

I don't have the app opened as I type this as I am away from base for a few
days! But when I launch the app, it opens up with a batch of choices or
settings if you will. One of these is Scan into Word button! I can invoke
the "scan" process by pressing Alt-S or simply tab to "Scan Into Word
Button" and press <enter>! The scanning is done and Abbyy FineReader begins
reading the contents of what has been scanned without any additional
prompting from me. I stop the "reading" with the Control key, then scan the

I have not had to do any special tweaking, although I suppose I should
"uncheck" the box that asks whether or not to keep pictures and perhaps
change the "color" to black & white. Again I have Version 11 Professional
Edition and, from your note to the list, the screen you have in your version
DO NOT seem to match mine.

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado

Joe Giovanelli

Hello, Antony and others,

Your suggwhstion about scanning into files listed in the File menu does work. I only had a couple of choicei: Web and Clipboard and perhaps one more.

I used Web. To make that read, I first had to scan a page and then send it to Web. That permitted an immediate read.

This must be done with each page or document to be read. It's cumbersome but it works.

Olusegun recommended sending pages to word or something else before scanning. Well, I only show 4 choices after Fine Reader opens. They are: Common, PDF, Other, and something else which I can't recall right now. Word or HTM are not shown on my screen.

This is interesting because I'm running Version 11 Professional and I think you are running the same thing. How can the screen be different?

If it matters, I'm running Windows 7 and System Access.

Joe Giovanelli

Sent: Tuesday, May 24, 2016 1:30 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

For me, it does! I scan into Word too. However, I still run Word 2007, may
be this is different with another Word app such as 2013 or 2016, I can't
tell. it doesn't hurt to give it a try though!! I vote any day for Abbyy
FineReader over these specially adapted OCR apps that cost me 15 toes and 25
fingers!!

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado

_dis_ea_dd_ea_

[...]

Reply To Sender
Reply To Group
Mute This Thread

Change Your Subscription
Unsubscribe From This Group

Group Home
Contact Group Owner
Terms Of Service

_dis_ea_dd_ea_

Sachin

Hello, I am also using the same version, but I don't know why the screen difference. you may scan all of your pages at ones, then send to word or any of your choice. Here I have "Scan to Microsoft Word" option when the software opens. if you run in to any problems, feel free to ask.

Sent: Tuesday, May 24, 2016 1:30 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

[...]

Joe, I can't tell why your screen reader of choice is NOT reading everything
it "sees" on the screen to you. I use Window-Eyes and all that I previously
shared are read. The only exception is the list box wherein I need to make
a choice of the type of scan I want to do. For me, it defaults to Choice
Number 2; regardless of this default, I am able to tab to a button which
reads: "Scan into Word." I'll have a pair of eyes help take a look at the
list box for purposes of learning what the choices are.

I press the spacebar or <enter> on the Scan into Word Button and the
scanning begins. When completed, the conversion is done and reading begins
promptly.

I've never played with System Access, sorry I can't share any info relating
to this screen reader. Perhaps its Tech Support can help with a few tweaks!

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado

Sachin

I am also doing it in the same way, with the only exception of my screen reader which is Jaws. I also don't have any experience with System Access.