trying to get the updates for c cleaner

heather albright

Hello, is there a way to get the updated version of c cleaner with out all their crap?  C cleaner pops up with a message that I do not have the latest version, so I choose to download the latest version. But it will not install. Is there a direct download page to get the latest version? I am using the slim version! Thanks Heather

"Blindness is a characteristic, not a handicap!" Dr. Kenneth Jernigan
e-mail:
kd5cbl@...
sites:
National Federation of The Blind:
www.nfb.org
An Accessible Online Library:
www.bookshare.org

Gene

According to comments I've seen on one or two lists, the program is not accessible in it's newest version. 

Gene

----- Original message -----
Sent: Monday, April 30, 2018 7:57 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] trying to get the updates for c cleaner

Hello, is there a way to get the updated version of c cleaner with out all their crap?  C cleaner pops up with a message that I do not have the latest version, so I choose to download the latest version. But it will not install. Is there a direct download page to get the latest version? I am using the slim version! Thanks Heather

e-mail:
kd5cbl@...
sites:
www.nfb.org
www.bookshare.org

Mike B. <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Heather,

Click on the link below, then navigate by heading to the installers.

Take care.  Mike.  Go Dodgers!
Sennt from my iBarstool.
Arguing with a woman is like reading a software license agreement.  In the end you have to ignore everything, & click I agree.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, April 30, 2018 5:57 PM

e-mail:
kd5cbl@...
sites:
www.nfb.org
www.bookshare.org

Gerald Levy

According to Gene, this version of CCleaner, 5.42,  may not be accessible.  Is this true?

Gerald

Sent: Monday, April 30, 2018 9:39 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] trying to get the updates for c cleaner

Hi Heather,

Sennt from my iBarstool.
Arguing with a woman is like reading a software license agreement.  In the end you have to ignore everything, & click I agree.

Hello, is there a way to get the updated version of c cleaner with out all their crap?  C cleaner pops up with a message that I do not have the latest version, so I choose to download the latest version. But it will not install. Is there a direct download page to get the latest version? I am using the slim version! Thanks Heather

e-mail:
kd5cbl@...
sites:
www.nfb.org
www.bookshare.org

Gene

See this link:
And this one, which goes into much more detail:

How often does CCleaner really need to be updated?  People are concerned about the increasing lack of accessibility, but if you just use it as a file removal tool, does it matter if you run the latest one or an older accessible version? 

As long as its new enough to work properly with Windows 10, wouldn't the files it looks for be in the same place? 
Gene

Sent: Tuesday, May 01, 2018 5:44 AM

According to Gene, this version of CCleaner, 5.42,  may not be accessible.  Is this true?

Gerald

Sent: Monday, April 30, 2018 9:39 PM

Hi Heather,

Sennt from my iBarstool.

Hello, is there a way to get the updated version of c cleaner with out all their crap?  C cleaner pops up with a message that I do not have the latest version, so I choose to download the latest version. But it will not install. Is there a direct download page to get the latest version? I am using the slim version! Thanks Heather

e-mail:
kd5cbl@...
sites:
www.nfb.org
www.bookshare.org

Kathy Pingstock <kpingstock@...>

Hi is C cleaner free or do you have to pay a subscription for this thank you Cathy

On Apr 30, 2018, at 9:39 PM, Mike B. <mb69mach1@...> wrote:

Hi Heather,

Sennt from my iBarstool.

e-mail:
kd5cbl@...
sites:
www.nfb.org
www.bookshare.org

Mike B. <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Kathy,

Click on the link below, then navigate by heading using the letter, H, 3 times to the Instaler heading, and you'll find the standard / free download.

Sennt from my iBarstool.

Sent: Tuesday, May 01, 2018 7:12 AM

Hi is C cleaner free or do you have to pay a subscription for this thank you Cathy

Hi Heather,

Sennt from my iBarstool.

e-mail:
kd5cbl@...
sites:
www.nfb.org
www.bookshare.org

Gene

The standard free installer installs unwanted programs and I don't think that screen-readers read the option not to accept the unwanted programs.  If you download the portable or the slim versions, there are no unwanted programs in them.  But I've seen a number of complaints about the new version not being accessible.

Gene

Sent: Wednesday, May 02, 2018 1:51 PM

Hi Kathy,

Click on the link below, then navigate by heading using the letter, H, 3 times to the Instaler heading, and you'll find the standard / free download.

Sennt from my iBarstool.

Hi Heather,

Sennt from my iBarstool.

e-mail:
kd5cbl@...
sites:
www.nfb.org
www.bookshare.org

Gerald Levy

Just for your information, the slim versionof CCleaner is apparently no longer available, and members of another list who have installed the standard version of CCleaner 5.42 have reported no unwanted software being installed along with it.  But it does not seem to be as accessible as previous versions.

Gerald

Sent: Wednesday, May 02, 2018 2:55 PM

The standard free installer installs unwanted programs and I don't think that screen-readers read the option not to accept the unwanted programs.  If you download the portable or the slim versions, there are no unwanted programs in them.  But I've seen a number of complaints about the new version not being accessible.

Gene

Hi Kathy,

Sennt from my iBarstool.

Hi Heather,

Sennt from my iBarstool.

e-mail:
kd5cbl@...
sites:
www.nfb.org
www.bookshare.org

Gene

That's nice if it's the case and if it continues to be the case.  I think the portable version should be used if the slim version is no longer available.  The portable version doesn't install unwanted programs, regardless of which version of the portable version you install.

Gene

Sent: Wednesday, May 02, 2018 2:58 PM

Just for your information, the slim versionof CCleaner is apparently no longer available, and members of another list who have installed the standard version of CCleaner 5.42 have reported no unwanted software being installed along with it.  But it does not seem to be as accessible as previous versions.

Gerald

Sent: Wednesday, May 02, 2018 2:55 PM

Gene

Hi Kathy,

Sennt from my iBarstool.

Hi Heather,

Sennt from my iBarstool.

e-mail:
kd5cbl@...
sites:
www.nfb.org
www.bookshare.org