reading DAISY format

Laz

Wow! Such vehemence! Is this list now a platform for this kind of flaming?

Anne, in your haste to chastise and label me a source of
disinformation you didn't stop to actually read my message or at least
you didn't take a moment to understand what I wrote. I provided no
disinformation in my message. Since it seems my message didn't filter
through whatever intention to flame me publicly kept it from reaching
you, I'll break it down for you below:

1. I stated, "I have no info on reading Daisy books on a computer"

Where is the disinformation? I don't have any experience at all with
playing Daisy books on a computer. Really curious to hear what
disinformation is included in my statement.

2. I stated, "the NLS player doesn't play Daisy books."

Does it have Daisy navigation? I can somewhat see the point of wanting
to correct me for this one and perhaps I should have said that I
don't know that it plays Daisy books with Daisy navigation but can
play the MP3 component of those that have MP3 files in them. But
really Anne, was it necessary to label me a source of disinformation
because my statement wasn't as complete as you determined it should
have been? I mean the point of Daisy books is that they can be read
with Daisy navigation features not just listened to like any other
audio track. Right? If I'm wrong and the NLS player does play Daisy
books with Daisy navigation, then I apologize for speaking out of turn
on that point.

3. I stated, "but I' believe an Iphone must have some app that would
play Daisy books."

There's no disinformation in here either. Please point it out if you
believe there is. I'm not very familiar with aps for the iOS platform
but figured that there would be some apps for accomplishing the task
so I stated so.

4. I stated the following:

"There are also portable players that will play Daisy books including
this more affordably priced one which was just introduced:

http://www.talkingmp3players.com/Talking-Daisy-Book-Media-Player_p_75.html "

Please point out any disinformation here. The price for the player I
mentioned is, $229.99. If you can get a brand new Victor Stream,
BookSense, Plextalk Pocket, BookPort, or any other portable Daisy
player, and I mean one that provides Daisy navigation, at that price
or less, please provide that information. Otherwise, no disinformation
here either.

Confucius say, Please engage brain before opening mouth. (smiles)

Regards,

Laz

On 11/5/15, Ann Parsons <akp@samobile.net> wrote:
Hi all,