From: Jim Rawls
Sent: Wednesday, November 11, 2015 11:50 AM
Subject: [TechTalk] a question for those of you who get weather underground forecasts by email.

Hi all,

Have you noticed that your forecasts read different now? And, I am not getting my forecasts at the time I want any more. They come at 8: AM. I tried to figure out how to fix this, but haven’t succeeded. Have any of you noticed this? And fixed  the problem? And is there another place to get email weather alerts? Jim

Jim Rawls

Robin, I also am doing the same thing as you,  keeping the wonderground for alerts etc., but they sure have messed up what was a very good thing. I am also subscribed to acuweather. Great minds… Jim

In short yes. I contacted them about this and they said based on user feedback and preferences they’ve streamlined their content so as to better align with what apparently some customers wanted. So yes forecasts via email are no longer 7 day and they don’t come throughout the day. Accu weather has emails you can subscribe to for forecasts and I have them coming at 7:00 AM and 7:00 Pm for instance perhaps that’d be more to your liking. The Weather channel also has email subscriptions as well. I’ll still keep my wunderground for the severe weather alerts but am also disappointed in the change.  I hope that helps.

Robin

Have you noticed that your forecasts read different now? And, I am not getting my forecasts at the time I want any more. They come at 8: AM. I tried to figure out how to fix this, but haven’t succeeded. Have any of you noticed this? And fixed  the problem? And is there another place to get email weather alerts? Jim

Merv Keck <blind5sparrow@...>

Weather Underground has a nice iPhone app as well.