From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Carlos
Sent: Friday, June 3, 2016 6:18 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] An alternative to Drop Box

LOL I don't believe I've ever had anyone sighted jump up and down and scream
at me about formatting. Does that really happen? It sounds like these may
be some overly dramatic sighted people.

Seriously though, I'm not sure if I have much of an opinion about this issue
one way or the other. I personally don't have a problem determining where
Rob's posts begin, but that is most likely because I've usually just
finished reading the message to which he is replying. I suppose technically
it could be considered bottom posting, but this practice is common on forums
and it is always referred to as quoting. In fact, most forum software has a
link or button associated with each post specifically for quoting.

[...]

Iaen Cordell

I also am not a fan of bottom posting, and if a message arrives that has it
I just delete it.
Now if this message has information that maybe of interest to me I guess it
is bad luck for me for not reading it.
Then again if I could of helped that person it is again bad luck to them for
bottom posting it.
Cheers
IC

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring
EMAIL: akp@samobile.net
Skype: Putertutor

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."

Matt

Agreed!

Matt.from.florida@gmail.com

[...]

Jeremy <jeremy.richards7@...>

I think the poster might satisfy others by placing a blank line between the
original post and his input. As is, with the amount of messages one must
read on a daily basis, its lots of work for the reader to have to sort out
what information came first. Also, deleting of the less than greater than
signs can help. Once a reader comes across the first couple of less than
greater than signs, he or she will immediately conclude it is a top posted
message and immediately delete it. This means the poster has just wasted his
or her time composing the message since the message will be immediately
deleted.

Those who do not include the original message below their response are
likely wasting their time too since a single message does not include any
context whatsoever, so it appears as though she is posting something totally
random and their message is subsequently deleted.

JR

OK, OK, I will keep quiet. I may have to ask for clarification, but if you
guys don't mind ...

Ann P.

There is not going to be a resolution to this, but this beast belongs
to Carlos so whatever he says, goes.
Just wait until someone writes an entire book and Rob responds lol.
--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring
EMAIL: akp@samobile.net
Skype: Putertutor

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."

Pamela Dominguez

Yes, I will delete a fully bottom-posted message. With messages with just a line of quote, I just sort-of grin and bear it. A bottom-posted message looks like somebody sent a blank reply with the messages underneath, so that if you want to see what the person wrote, you have to scroll all the way through all the replies until you get to the bottom and find what the person wrote in this message. Can't be bothered! Pam.Pam.

OK, OK, I will keep quiet. I may have to ask for clarification, but if you
guys don't mind ...

Ann P.

There is not going to be a resolution to this, but this beast belongs
to Carlos so whatever he says, goes.
Just wait until someone writes an entire book and Rob responds lol.
--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring
EMAIL: akp@samobile.net
Skype: Putertutor

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."

Carolyn Arnold

Same here. I'll put it this way, I don't bother.

Bye for now,

Carolyn

OK, OK, I will keep quiet. I may have to ask for clarification, but if
you guys don't mind ...

Ann P.

There is not going to be a resolution to this, but this beast belongs
to Carlos so whatever he says, goes.
Just wait until someone writes an entire book and Rob responds lol.
--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring
EMAIL: akp@samobile.net
Skype: Putertutor

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."

Smiling?

(For the extremely little value that it's worth), I agree. I too, am a
person who does not read bottom posted posts.

OK, OK, I will keep quiet. I may have to ask for clarification, but if you
guys don't mind ...

Ann P.

There is not going to be a resolution to this, but this beast belongs
to Carlos so whatever he says, goes.
Just wait until someone writes an entire book and Rob responds lol.
--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring
EMAIL: akp@samobile.net
Skype: Putertutor

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."

Kimsan

If punctuation is turned off how would one spot the less than greater than
signs?
Haha, yeah I know turn on punctuation, but all people gots to do is top
post!
Sorry, coffee here way to late...

OK, OK, I will keep quiet. I may have to ask for clarification, but if you
guys don't mind ...

Ann P.

There is not going to be a resolution to this, but this beast belongs
to Carlos so whatever he says, goes.
Just wait until someone writes an entire book and Rob responds lol.
--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring
EMAIL: akp@samobile.net
Skype: Putertutor

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."

Rajmund <brajmund2000@...>

Punctuation drives me mental. 4 out of 4 devices have it disabled.

Sent from an iPad Air

On 4 Jun 2016, at 6:25 am, Kimsan <kimsansong@outlook.com> wrote:

If punctuation is turned off how would one spot the less than greater than
signs?
Haha, yeah I know turn on punctuation, but all people gots to do is top
post!
Sorry, coffee here way to late...

OK, OK, I will keep quiet. I may have to ask for clarification, but if you
guys don't mind ...

Ann P.

There is not going to be a resolution to this, but this beast belongs
to Carlos so whatever he says, goes.
Just wait until someone writes an entire book and Rob responds lol.
--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring
EMAIL: akp@samobile.net
Skype: Putertutor

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."

Ann Parsons <akp@...>

Hi all,

I did promise to quit belaboring this, but since so many people have chimed in, I'll just say that when reading many messages, and I get hundreds per day, stopping in order to read a message line by line is just too time consuming. For a sighted reader, finding where the new post is in a bottom posted message is no big deal, they just search for the end of the greater-than signs. Blind people cannot do this. We must read line by line. We have to do this, we can't do it any other way. Reading quoted material before a new post is, as I say time consuming, and does mean that many of us will delete such a message out of hand.

I'll go back into my corner now, and promise not to say anything else.

Ann P.